Manchester City

mrbojangles

Very impressive performance from City. The lads continue to look more composed, patient and dangerous. Can't think of one with a poor performance today. MOTM Silva but with great supporting efforts from Yaya and Zabba just to name two.

Much credit due Pellegrini.clap2.gif

Should of been 2-1 and a different game ,i don't think you will be slagging the officials off this week eh?

Should have been 2v1 and COULD have been a different game. City fans clearly weren't happy with ref throughout the game if you'd listened.

Well it would of been a different game wouldn't it.2-1 is not 2-0 or 3-0 ....yeah right city fans were not happy that the ref disallowed a perfectly good goal.

Shake your head.rolleyes.gif

"Well it would of been a different game wouldn't it."

But would it. Unless you have powers to see if future events happen or don't happen you can't possibly know. Can you.

Taking your x-man ability to see the future, would utd still have struggled to win 1v1 against villa if the villa player had only been booked and not wrongly sentoff? Bet YOURE not complaining about the ref this week eh.

Yes i am ...the ref spoiled the game and made it difficult for us to win as Villa defended resolutely when down to ten men..... ok bertie wink.png

Now shake your head and face reality if palace's goal was given then it would of been more of a contest but instead you had all the good luck and the referee on your side again.

would of could of whatever....shame you are not honest about it like i am about the United result and the refs bad decision there.

Says it all whistling.gif

Yes i am ...the ref spoiled the game and made it difficult for us to win as Villa defended resolutely when down to ten men..... ok bertie wink.png

Now shake your head and face reality if palace's goal was given then it would of been more of a contest but instead you had all the good luck and the referee on your side again.

would of could of whatever....shame you are not honest about it like i am about the United result and the refs bad decision there.

Reread my posts before dishing it out. I totalling agreed with you that the goal shouldn't have been disallowed and it would have been 2v1 but NOBODY can say if it had gone 2v1 whether it would or wouldn't have affected the game or result...City could have gone from restart and made 3v1...who knows. Think about it. BUT if YOU can categorically say it would have affected the game, would you mind telling me who's gone to win the Premier so I can put my money on them...and of course you will not be wrong will you.

Ps. Like on our forum eh.

I think I must have been watching a different game to previous posters or I need to step down my alcohol consumption on a Saturday. IMHO (and that's all it is) I thought that Man City were spectacularly unspectactular in the first half....but in the second half they were dynamite....good job David Silva was fit and able to return...what a pity he was taken off....he didn't look toooo happy himself

Reread my posts before dishing it out. I totalling agreed with you that the goal shouldn't have been disallowed and it would have been 2v1 but NOBODY can say if it had gone 2v1 whether it would or wouldn't have affected the game or result...City could have gone from restart and made 3v1...who knows. Think about it. BUT if YOU can categorically say it would have affected the game, would you mind telling me who's gone to win the Premier so I can put my money on them...and of course you will not be wrong will you.

I can categorically say that being 2-0 down and then scoring to make the game 2-1 would have affected the game...you must live in cuckoo land pal.

I can categorically say that being 2-0 down and then scoring to make the game 2-1 would have affected the game...you must live in cuckoo land pal.

...and you must have super powers if you can "categorically say" that about something that hasn't happened pal...by strange coincidence I'm watching Walter Mitty right now..

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-fc-player-contract-6178335

Need to get Milner signed up...I'd say he's been our most consistent performer this season. Demigod is definitely good for another extension...Vinny & Demi = good, Mangala & Demi = good, Vinny & Mangala = not as good....tells us Demi = good.

At a bladdy wedding yesterday, so that was the first game of the season I have missed. Can't comment on all the game as I only saw the highlights on MOTD this morning. Yes, their goal shouldn't have been disallowed but looking at the stats, we hammered them all over the park and I don't think them getting one back would have changed the outcome. To say we haven't got a fit striker, I'm happy with the result.

I think I must have been watching a different game to previous posters or I need to step down my alcohol consumption on a Saturday. IMHO (and that's all it is) I thought that Man City were spectacularly unspectactular in the first half....but in the second half they were dynamite....good job David Silva was fit and able to return...what a pity he was taken off....he didn't look toooo happy himself

Not clear whose comments you're picking up on but I think you've summed up the game ok. It was hard graft in the 1st half against a packed defence playing on the counter. Second half we got the desired early goal which opened up the game. For me, we didn't panic, we had to play with a difficult team selection, but we got the job done. Happy man!

• Like 1

At a bladdy wedding yesterday, so that was the first game of the season I have missed. Can't comment on all the game as I only saw the highlights on MOTD this morning. Yes, their goal shouldn't have been disallowed but looking at the stats, we hammered them all over the park and I don't think them getting one back would have changed the outcome. To say we haven't got a fit striker, I'm happy with the result.

I thought City looked very good yesterday. If you factor in no striker and no Kompany I couldn't ask for more. Pellegrini had the team well prepared without a #9. The past few matches City have shown signs of the best performances from last season. Better focused, more patient, quicker to the ball, better organized in all aspects of the game.

It doesn't appear City are ready to concede to Chelsea. Still a long road but the team's mentality looks good.smile.png

Players are now looking confident individually and with their teammates. Some of the key players finally seem to be getting back to something like their best...ie Zaba...Yaya...Dinho...Nasri. Mangala is looking better each game and seems to be getting used to it all. Looking better. Some credit is definitely due for the recent pick up in form, and just imagine Chelsea playing without their best defender Terry and all 3 forwards or Manu without their best defender (err) and all 3 forwards...not easy.

I thought City looked very good yesterday. If you factor in no striker and no Kompany I couldn't ask for more. Pellegrini had the team well prepared without a #9. The past few matches City have shown signs of the best performances from last season. Better focused, more patient, quicker to the ball, better organized in all aspects of the game.

It doesn't appear City are ready to concede to Chelsea. Still a long road but the team's mentality looks good.smile.png

Not clear whose comments you're picking up on but I think you've summed up the game ok. It was hard graft in the 1st half against a packed defence playing on the counter. Second half we got the desired early goal which opened up the game. For me, we didn't panic, we had to play with a difficult team selection, but we got the job done. Happy man!

Just airing my views my man. I was just offering an alternative view of jellydog's post...that it wasn't all one way...

We never moved out of 3rd gear. It was a controlled performance and had City had the goal given against them, I have no doubt we would have just stepped it up..

We played to our strengths and knocked it about nicely.

Like you say..... all without a striker.

We never moved out of 3rd gear. It was a controlled performance and had City had the goal given against them, I have no doubt we would have just stepped it up..

We played to our strengths and knocked it about nicely.

Like you say..... all without a striker.

If we can come out of this striker-less period being still only 3 points behind Chelsea, I'll happily take that.

• Like 1

From the Telegraph:

"For so long, Silva has performed consistently with distinction without receiving the adulation reserved for Agüero or Touré. With Pellegrinis selection problems in attack, Christmas is a time where his subtle influence might become obvious and result in him finally being accepted widely as one of Citys key players."

The media and maybe non-City fans might not put Merlin up there with Kun and Yaya, but City fans are in no doubt of his genius and influence.

At least the Mirror's got it right:

David Silva is still Manchester City's man

Of course another diminutive Spanish speaking magician is often cited as City's saviour, but time and again David Silva shows why he, not Sergio Aguero, is the real ace in the pack. Silva is a magician when in full flow, probing and prodding between the lines, he is the true heartbeat of the side.A constant threat all afternoon it was fitting that it was Silva who gave City their all-important lead and and the second which sealed it.The first goal itself had its fair share of luck attached but it was no accident the Spaniard was there to take it. With Aguero slated to be away from the limelight for some time Silva looks ready to take centre stage once again.

From the Telegraph:

"For so long, Silva has performed consistently with distinction without receiving the adulation reserved for Agüero or Touré. With Pellegrinis selection problems in attack, Christmas is a time where his subtle influence might become obvious and result in him finally being accepted widely as one of Citys key players."

The media and maybe non-City fans might not put Merlin up there with Kun and Yaya, but City fans are in no doubt of his genius and influence.

Absolutely BB. As you say, all City fans know Merlin's worth but I also think neutral fans of other clubs know how good he is. Unfortunately, most pundits know naff all about football.

• Like 1

From the Telegraph:

Absolutely BB. As you say, all City fans know Merlin's worth but I also think neutral fans of other clubs know how good he is. Unfortunately, most pundits know naff all about football.

Silva didn't cost enough to be that good.whistling.gif

As further proof of how Silva isn't appreciated by the media, pundits, etc...see how low he's rated here...http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/dec/21/the-top-100-footballers-2014-interactive

ABSOLUTE BOBBINS!

It's compiled for this years performance and as David has had several weeks off injured, maybe that has played a part in his ranking. Aguero as 10th is also a joke.

Didn't want to start a new thread, so just popped it in here.

This is the Daily Stars Premier Team of The Year http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/416327/TEAM-OF-THE-YEAR-Arsenal-Chelsea-Liverpool-Man-Utd-City

Obviously subjective but quite an interesting first choice 11. I often wonder when writers come up with these imaginary teams, how they would actually gel and play together.

Goalkeeper: David de Gea (Manchester United)
Right-back: Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton)
Centre-back: John Terry (Chelsea)
Centre-back Vincent Kompany (Manchester City)
Left-back: Leighton Baines (Everton)
Right-midfield: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)
Centre-midfield: David Silva (Manchester City)
Centre-midfield: Nemanja Matic (Chelsea)
Left-midfield: Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Striker: Wilfried Bony (Swansea)
Striker: Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)

Edited by mrbojangles
Copy and paste issue