Manchester City

mrbojangles

On this date last year Arsenal were still top with 51pts ahead of City with 50 pts.

Arsenal now have 39 pts; a 12 point drop 25% almost) and yet with Sanchez on board they look a better team than last year.

We're on 47 pts now, but still haven't got out of 3rd gear this seaon.

Chelsea were 3rd on 49pts but are on 52 pts now, clearly this is a better chelsea side than last season's.

Suarez was 4th on 43pts and Lovren/Lallana/Lambert are on 35pts (boy did somebody screw up letting the best player in Britain at that time leave!).

Plucky manu were 7th on 37pts and are now 4th on 40pts...LVG working that magic.

Is there a point or are you just reminiscing?

Far more poignantly are the stats on who Chelsea have already played. In short they will cruise through to the title so everything else, especially last seasons figures are fairly irrelevant. I can only see the five point gap widening and you really have to beat them at Stamford Bridge.

Just seen Yaya give one of his best performances as a disinterested footballer, going through the motions.

Hopefully it will mean Bony arriving earlier than was first thought.

This African Nations cup gets worse every year. Boring, cr@p football and despite the commentators trying to hype it up, it really is sub standard.

I don't know if you had the same commentator as me, but I thought they'd mixed the audio up between the Crapital One Cup and the Crap of African Nations.

Why on earth they insist on this desperate attempt to make U-11 standard football seem interesting is beyond me.

The highlight of the tournament so far is Gervinho slapping an opponent and then going all spaz at the red card. That is the only highlight.

Edited by Chicog

Just seen Yaya give one of his best performances as a disinterested footballer, going through the motions.

Hopefully it will mean Bony arriving earlier than was first thought.

This African Nations cup gets worse every year. Boring, cr@p football and despite the commentators trying to hype it up, it really is sub standard.

I don't know if you had the same commentator as me, but I thought they'd mixed the audio up between the Crapital One Cup and the Crap of African Nations.

Why on earth they insist on this desperate attempt to make U-11 standard football seem interesting is beyond me.

The highlight of the tournament so far is Gervinho slapping an opponent and then going all spaz at the red card. That is the only highlight.

I bought a sky box, so the African Nations was on Eurosport 1. Expert analyser is some ex Ipswich midfielder (cant remember his name). Every other sentence, commentator saying how unique and exciting and unpredictable it all was. The only unpredictability I see is whether a free kick or throw in takes more than or less than 5 minutes to take. It really is dreadful. You are right, Gervinho was hilarious. A deserved Red and he sits down punching the ground....Knob. He also pushed the ref, though nobody mentioned it in commentary or in any of the reports I have read.

Any City fan watching will be thankful that its not a 'City thing" with Yayas attitude. Worst I have seen him play last night. Lazy, petulant, passes astray all over thye place.

On this date last year Arsenal were still top with 51pts ahead of City with 50 pts.

Arsenal now have 39 pts; a 12 point drop 25% almost) and yet with Sanchez on board they look a better team than last year.

We're on 47 pts now, but still haven't got out of 3rd gear this seaon.

Chelsea were 3rd on 49pts but are on 52 pts now, clearly this is a better chelsea side than last season's.

Suarez was 4th on 43pts and Lovren/Lallana/Lambert are on 35pts (boy did somebody screw up letting the best player in Britain at that time leave!).

Plucky manu were 7th on 37pts and are now 4th on 40pts...LVG working that magic.

Is there a point or are you just reminiscing?

Far more poignantly are the stats on who Chelsea have already played. In short they will cruise through to the title so everything else, especially last seasons figures are fairly irrelevant. I can only see the five point gap widening and you really have to beat them at Stamford Bridge.

I would have thought the point was fairly obvious but if not its a comparison between the table after 22 games last season and this season and shows progression (chelsea), regression (arsenal and liverpool) and little or no charge.

City is closing the gap on its rivals, coming in sixth place in the table and showing the biggest rise in income of any continental club.The league, compiled by experts in the Manchester office of business advisory firm Deloitte, ranks teams by turnover in the 2013/14 season.The top 10 is (2012/13 revenues in £s):

Real Madrid - £459.5m (444.7m)

Manchester United - £433.2m (363.2m)

Bayern Munich - £407.7m (369.6m)

Barcelona - £405.2m (413.6m)

Paris St Germain - £396.5m (341.8m)

Manchester City - £346.5m (271m)

Chelsea - £324.4m (260m)

Arsenal - £300.5m (243.6m)

Liverpool - £255.8m (206.2m)

Juventus - £233.6m

City maintained its sixth place position in the 2015 Money League, recording record revenue of £346.5m, a 28% increase on the previous year. This is the largest percentage increase of any club in the Money League top 10 and cements Citys place as the second highest placed English club.Citys rise up the Money League has been rapid and its commercial income is closing in on that of United's. But if the Blues are to break into the top five, they will need a strong run in the Champions League and to reap the benefits of both their new global structure and stadium development to increase commercial and matchday revenue.

Date set for legal challenge to FFP by City fans and Bosman lawyer

OPPONENTS of European footballs financial fair play (FFP) rules have received a boost after a Belgian court set a date to hear a legal challenge to the controversial regulations.The challenge, brought by football agent Daniel Striani and supporters of Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, is set to be heard on 26 and 27 February in the Court of First Instance in Brussels.Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain are two of the clubs most significantly affected by the rules. Both were fined £49m and hit with a raft of other sanctions last year after being found in breach of FFPs break-even requirement, which caps the amount clubs are permitted to lose without being barred from European club football.Striani and fans are being represented by Jean-Louis Dupont, one of the lawyers who secured the landmark Bosman ruling, which changed the landscape of the sport 20 years ago by granting freedom of movement to out-of-contract players. Dupont has argued that FFP rules infringe competition law and should therefore be declared illegal.

City is closing the gap on its rivals, coming in sixth place in the table and showing the biggest rise in income of any continental club.The league, compiled by experts in the Manchester office of business advisory firm Deloitte, ranks teams by turnover in the 2013/14 season.The top 10 is (2012/13 revenues in £s):

Chelsea - £324.4m (260m)

Juventus - £233.6m

City maintained its sixth place position in the 2015 Money League, recording record revenue of £346.5m, a 28% increase on the previous year. This is the largest percentage increase of any club in the Money League top 10 and cements Citys place as the second highest placed English club.Citys rise up the Money League has been rapid and its commercial income is closing in on that of United's. But if the Blues are to break into the top five, they will need a strong run in the Champions League and to reap the benefits of both their new global structure and stadium development to increase commercial and matchday revenue.

How much of this 'income' is derived from 'sponsors' that have no relationship with Abu Dhabi or its sovereign wealth fund?

• Like 2

Dupont has argued that FFP rules infringe competition law and should therefore be declared illegal.

I think he has a very good chance of winning this. Many of us on here have simplified FFP by saying it's about "keeping the big boys at the top table and not letting anyone else in". Well that is exactly what the competition law is there to stop. Dupont is extremely savvy and wouldn't be taking this on unless he thought he could win. It would also be quite fitting for Plattini to be put in his place by fans of the biggest French team having a big part to play.

Chelsea - £324.4m (260m)

Juventus - £233.6m

How much of this 'income' is derived from 'sponsors' that have no relationship with Abu Dhabi or its sovereign wealth fund?

Frankly, my dear, we City fans don't give a damn. Feel free to enlighten us though if it's of interest to you.

Chelsea - £324.4m (260m)

Juventus - £233.6m

Frankly, my dear, we City fans don't give a damn. Feel free to enlighten us though if it's of interest to you.

That's funny, you don't give a damn yet you felt like sharing with everyone your position in the money table, despite the fact that it's artificially inflated by handouts from your owner pillaging his peoples assets.

thumbsup.gif

Well said mate, city now are not the same man city pre 2008.

Chelsea - £324.4m (260m)

Juventus - £233.6m

That's funny, you don't give a damn yet you felt like sharing with everyone your position in the money table, despite the fact that it's artificially inflated by handouts from your owner pillaging his peoples assets.

thumbsup.gif

1. Yep don't give a damn regarding "How much of this 'income' is derived from 'sponsors' that have no relationship with Abu Dhabi or its sovereign wealth fund?", so long as we comply with all applicable laws.

2. Yes I " felt like sharing with everyone our AND OTHER'S positionS in the money table".

3. "despite the fact that it's artificially inflated by handouts from your owner pillaging his peoples assets" is YOUR OPINION, NOT MINE.

Next.

Chelsea - £324.4m (260m)

Juventus - £233.6m

thumbsup.gif

Well said mate, city now are not the same man city pre 2008.

Congratulations to Nev, front runner in the 2015 'State The Bleedin Obvious' Award.

3. "despite the fact that it's artificially inflated by handouts from your owner pillaging his peoples assets" is YOUR OPINION, NOT MINE.

Next.

The unelected leaders of the UAE trouser mountains of their countrys oil money and squander it on everything from cars and jewellry to property and football clubs.

You need to learn the difference between opinion and fact.

Next.

The unelected leaders of the UAE trouser mountains of their countrys oil money and squander it on everything from cars and jewellry to property and football clubs.

i bet they've got a village size warehouse out the back of Al Ain full of rotting replica shirts!

With having a match tomorrow, I thought the friendly in Abu Dhabi against Hamburg would consist of mainly a second team like they did last year. Think it's a bit daft so soon after the busy xmas fixture list to have a friendly over here at this point but I'd have flew across if I knew the following were all going to play.

Caballero, Sagna (Demichelis 78), Boyata, Mangala, Kolarov (Clichy 78), Fernando (Ambrose 46 (Navas 56)), Lampard (Sinclair 20), Milner (Zabaleta 78), Barker (Evans 46), Jovetic (Aguero 66), Dzeko (Celina 76)

3. "despite the fact that it's artificially inflated by handouts from your owner pillaging his peoples assets" is YOUR OPINION, NOT MINE.Next.

Can i assure i know the difference but go on then, send me the link to the facts and not your opinion. Happy to read it.

With having a match tomorrow, I thought the friendly in Abu Dhabi against Hamburg would consist of mainly a second team like they did last year. Think it's a bit daft so soon after the busy xmas fixture list to have a friendly over here at this point but I'd have flew across if I knew the following were all going to play.

Caballero, Sagna (Demichelis 78), Boyata, Mangala, Kolarov (Clichy 78), Fernando (Ambrose 46 (Navas 56)), Lampard (Sinclair 20), Milner (Zabaleta 78), Barker (Evans 46), Jovetic (Aguero 66), Dzeko (Celina 76)

They were going to play this game same time last year but we couldn't go as we had ro replay against Blackburn in the cup.

Obviously it was a PR trip to show off to the locals their number one source of advertising their country to the world.

I guess there were pros and cons of going. We got some good will. ..some warm weather training. ..some of the youngsters like Barker got a go. The cons would be we picked up injuries to Ambrose and Lampard (that coukd have happened in training in manchester)...bit too much travelling can't be good.

I guess it will have helped overall.

As for tonight's game, let's hope we turn up; we so often don't perform against the better low division teams, and Boro 2nd in the Championship can't be mugs.

Congrats as well to Cambridge against plucky manu; I often used to go watch them and Norwich so have a soft spot for them both.

thumbsup.gif

1. Yep don't give a damn regarding "How much of this 'income' is derived from 'sponsors' that have no relationship with Abu Dhabi or its sovereign wealth fund?", so long as we comply with all applicable laws.

2. Yes I " felt like sharing with everyone our AND OTHER'S positionS in the money table".

Next.

But you didn't did you!!! and now you bend them to a point of embarrassment.

thumbsup.gif

Next.

But you didn't did you!!! and now you bend them to a point of embarrassment.

Please clarify your post so I might understand your post and be able to respond if necessary. I didn't what? Now I bend what? To whose embarrassment, yours or mine (can't bw mine as I'm not feeling embarrassed)?

Your clubs embarrassment of the Frankie affair!! brushed it under the carpet already just like your fine and restrictions imposed for BREAKING THE RULES last season...............or have you suddenly lost your memory smile.png

It was in answer to your post number 1

"1. Yep don't give a damn regarding "How much of this 'income' is derived from 'sponsors' that have no relationship with Abu Dhabi or its sovereign wealth fund?", so long as we comply with all applicable laws."

Now keep up Bluenose tongue.png

Your clubs embarrassment of the Frankie affair!! brushed it under the carpet already just like your fine and restrictions imposed for BREAKING THE RULES last season...............or have you suddenly lost your memory smile.png

It was in answer to your post number 1

"1. Yep don't give a damn regarding "How much of this 'income' is derived from 'sponsors' that have no relationship with Abu Dhabi or its sovereign wealth fund?", so long as we comply with all applicable laws."

Now keep up Bluenose tongue.png

Wow, the old 'throw it and the wall and see what sticks' technique eh.

Taking each in turn:

1. I've no idea if City are embarrassed about the Lampard NYCFC saga, neither do you know or anybody else for that matter - only the management can possibly know that, and I don't believe I've read a statement from them saying they're embarrassed - but let's say City are embarrassed, as a fan what do I care, other than WE came out of it with Lampard staying with us in to 2015 and possibly to the end of the season. I'm VERY HAPPY with the outcome, and i find it highly amusing how you non-blues keep trying to wind us blues up on this; it ain't working.

2. Who's brushed under the carpet the FFP fine we incurred, not the club and definitely not the blues on here, in fact if you go back a couple of days posts you'll find that I even posted about the next step in the FFP court case - in case YOU are not keeping up this subject, the club didnot/doesn't believe they broke the rules but chose not to challenge the ruling, and our fans with the Bosman lawyer have a date in court for their challenge to the whole legality or not of FFP.

3. Regarding "Yep don't give a damn regarding "How much of this 'income' is derived from 'sponsors' that have no relationship with Abu Dhabi or its sovereign wealth fund?",so long as we comply with all applicable laws". What, we are supposed to state all caveats when posting on here are we? Get real will you. And reread my posts again, which imply I dont care where our finances come from (abu dhabi related or non abu dhabi related), but express that I certainly care that our finances comply with all applicable laws.

Clear enough for you?

Number 1 was all i commented on ,i didn't need the number 2 and 3 part.

As to the embarrassing question it is not if you or city feel embarrassed .....the club as a whole has been made to look dodgy by the Lampard fiasco(bending of the rules...was it a loan? ..was it a signing? NO it was superfrank) and stupid by being found guilty of cheating the rules....now all in all it is embarrassing isn't it!

Is that clear enough for you?

As to the embarrassing question it is not if you or city feel embarrassed .....the club as a whole has been made to look dodgy by the Lampard fiasco(bending of the rules...was it a loan? ..was it a signing? NO it was superfrank) and stupid by being found guilty of cheating the rules....now all in all it is embarrassing isn't it!

laugh.pnglaugh.png

You really are upset at the Fat Frank deal aren't you Red? Bladdy obsessed you are. There were no wrong doings and all is ok with the FA, so we've nought to be guilty of or embarrassed about. I should think with your performance last night coming in here and trying to say we should be embarrassed is a bit pot calling the kettle.

As for FFP. How big is your debt again? A lot bigger than ours that's for sure. Anyway, we showed on our balance sheet that we complied with the break even figure but the FFP decided to discount some of the earnings because they were "suspicious" and "suspected" as below. In a court of law the words "suspicious" and "suspected" would have the prosecutor thrown out but City decided it was best not to go into a long legal battle and accepted the punishment. Particularly because the gamble was expulsion and if we complied this year most of the fine would be quashed anyway.

City are understood to have failed FFP because Uefa took issue with a number of the income figures they used to reach a break-even FFP. They were also suspicious of a number of several second tier Abu Dhabi sponsorship deals - worth an estimated £25m - that Uefa suspected may be a way of the Emiracy funding the club. City insisted that these were legitimate and the governing body allowed them to stand, if City undertook not to increase the money they earn from in the next financial year.

Your post referred to "brushed it under the carpet already just like your fine and restrictions imposed for BREAKING THE RULES last season...", you therefore deserved my response no.2.

Your post referred to "Yep don't give a damn regarding "How much of this 'income' is derived from 'sponsors' that have no relationship with Abu Dhabi or its sovereign wealth fund?",so long as we comply with all applicable laws", you therefore deserved my response no.3.

Regarding Lampard. Do you expect City, Utd or any club to tell you, any fan or particularly the media what it's doing, if so you're naive. The only 'party' they need to keep informed, which they did, are the footballing authorities and as they don't seem to have any concerns with the Lampard saga, then so what. It's only the likes of the media who obviously and understandably try to stir it up and keep it going as long as possible, and you and other non-blues on here who laughably post in an attempt to rile us but do no more than amuse us for your attempts and obsession. Keep trying though, eh Red!

And what's this about "by being found guilty of cheating the rules"? I must have missed that one, guessing you must read different newspapers/websites than me, so please enlighten us, please post the link that refers to City being found guilty - or even charged - "of cheating the rules". Go on.