Manchester City

mrbojangles

"Toure as always badly missed and he aint getting any younger,the two F'S in midfield don't come close,"...I dont think either of them or Garcia and Rodwell have replaced Barry who was excellent for us.

For once i agree with you ...wink.png

When Toure is missing the likes of De Jong is the type of player you need,always like him.

It would of been half acceptable had Chelsea stayed in the cup but since they are also out there is nothing to gain at all....Pellegrini?? what has he had to say!

Toure as always badly missed and he aint getting any younger,the two F'S in midfield don't come close,Aguero missing when needed and Silva also.

What was that goalie doing? big sissy!

Boro actually played you the same way Arsenal did but better and actually should of got more...come the end of Febuary/March your season might well be over barr fighting for a champions League place with us.

The team Citeh fielded should have won that game, there was enough quality, but doing a friendly in Abu Dhabi and flying back so close to the fixture was asking for trouble, just plain stupid.

Obviously Pellegrini has to toe the party line but inside he must be furious

It would of been half acceptable had Chelsea stayed in the cup but since they are also out there is nothing to gain at all....Pellegrini?? what has he had to say!

Toure as always badly missed and he aint getting any younger,the two F'S in midfield don't come close,Aguero missing when needed and Silva also.

Boro actually played you the same way Arsenal did but better and actually should of got more...come the end of Febuary/March your season might well be over barr fighting for a champions League place with us.

The team Citeh fielded should have won that game, there was enough quality, but doing a friendly in Abu Dhabi and flying back so close to the fixture was asking for trouble, just plain stupid.

How dare he, anyone would think *he* owns the club.

biggrin.png

Yep, all fair comments. As mourinho said about his lot, City players should be embarrassed not to have won.

Yep, all fair comments. As mourinho said about his lot, City players should be embarrassed not to have won.

Just listening to TalkSport and apparently the team didn't return from Abu Dhabi until Friday night. Ridiculous
  • Like 1

Just listening to TalkSport and apparently the team didn't return from Abu Dhabi until Friday night. Ridiculous

Complacency wink.png

I believe Ivory Coast are out. So hopefully, get Yaya and Bony back ASAP and maybe slot yaya straight in and Bony on the bench for the Chelsea game.

Looking forward to Yaya being back and the addition of Bony. Assuming KUN stays fit and gets back to form we can expect good things.

I'm more concerned about Kompany than anything else. Seems a steady drop in effectiveness dating back quite a while now. Age and injuries ? I don't know, but its clear to see he isn't close to the same player he was 2-3 years ago.

I believe Ivory Coast are out. So hopefully, get Yaya and Bony back ASAP and maybe slot yaya straight in and Bony on the bench for the Chelsea game.

You'r wrong. They only have to beat Cameroon to progress.

If they draw, I have no idea what happens.

There are four teams on two points with the same goal difference of 2:2!

http://www.flashscore.com/standings/fooPoIyB/nPOsoCRc/#table

They play (as do Guinea and Mali) at 6pm GMT on Wednesday.

Edited by Chicog

You'r wrong. They only have to beat Cameroon to progress.

If they draw, I have no idea what happens.

There are four teams on two points with the same goal difference of 2:2!

http://www.flashscore.com/standings/fooPoIyB/nPOsoCRc/#table

They play (as do Guinea and Mali) at 6pm GMT on Wednesday.

Well that'll teach me to listen to TalkSport won't it. I haven't been watching the African Cup but driving from Riyadh to Dhahran today I was listening to TalkSport and that's what they said. <deleted> numpties building my hopes up. sad.png

oh start with last year's 'serial' podcast mate. http://serialpodcast.org/ - great listen from the people behind this american life. which is also worth a listen. http://www.thisamericanlife.org/

the bugle is good fun: http://thebuglepodcast.com/

so is richard herring's leicester square podcast, has some excellent comedians on it as guests: http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richard_herring_lst_podcast/

i'll have a think on what others are regulars.

• Like 2

Do any of you City, or Chelsea, fans think that 'Lampardgate' will have a detrimental effect on the reception for Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge at the weekend? He was well received by the Chelsea fans at the game in Manchester but that was when they thought he had left them for NYC FC and not moved directly to one of their nearest rivals. Is it possible that the relationship has been 'soured'?

Do any of you City, or Chelsea, fans think that 'Lampardgate' will have a detrimental effect on the reception for Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge at the weekend? He was well received by the Chelsea fans at the game in Manchester but that was when they thought he had left them for NYC FC and not moved directly to one of their nearest rivals. Is it possible that the relationship has been 'soured'?

Probably one for a chelsea fan to answer. Where's that P45Mustang these days?

Probably one for a chelsea fan to answer. Where's that P45Mustang these days?

P45 is on a permanent vacation.

Yes PREM-R put it on the Chav thread, be interesting to hear what oldgit and mad dog simmonds think.

can probably recommend you a good half dozen podcasts boj that mean not listening to that talksport bilge.

Yes please stevie. pm them to me if you prefer. wai.gif

I use 'get-iplayer' programme to rip mp3s of bbc 6 documentaries and shows (but you can use it to rip any bbc radio station on iplayer (i.e bbc Manchester). I mainly listen to Radcliffe and Maconie, Don Letts and documentaries in that order on my daily drives.

We've got to set off up north shortly for a wedding so highly unlikely I'll get to see it (maybe ch3 or 7 will have it on a there'll be decent reception in my 'remote' hotel) I just hope that if there is a result either way, the best team wins through quality and NOT from fluke goals or poor referring.

1-1 draw today gents......go on then city might nick a late winner..1-2! smile.png you guessed it Lampard.

I see Chelsea shading it here with no Yaya and an Aguero that doesn't look fully fit. In particular Toure's loss in midfield against a Chelsea side should be telling.

Mindyou, there have been some very strange results this season, and i'm not aware if Fabregas is fit to play.