Manchester City

mrbojangles

1-1 draw today gents......go on then city might nick a late winner..1-2! smile.png you guessed it Lampard.

I see Chelsea shading it here with no Yaya and an Aguero that doesn't look fully fit. In particular Toure's loss in midfield against a Chelsea side should be telling.

Mindyou, there have been some very strange results this season, and i'm not aware if Fabregas is fit to play.

I see it the opposite to you mate Chelsea will miss Costa and even if Fabregas plays he is not 100%...If you have the likes of Silva and Nasri knocking quick short balls behind the Chelsea defence it will produce a goal or two and city have the full backs to stop Hazard and Oscar getting in behind them.

Tight game surely and the odd goal will be the winner late on i reckon.

1-1 draw today gents......go on then city might nick a late winner..1-2! smile.png you guessed it Lampard.

I see Chelsea shading it here with no Yaya and an Aguero that doesn't look fully fit. In particular Toure's loss in midfield against a Chelsea side should be telling.

Mindyou, there have been some very strange results this season, and i'm not aware if Fabregas is fit to play.

I see it the opposite to you mate Chelsea will miss Costa and even if Fabregas plays he is not 100%...If you have the likes of Silva and Nasri knocking quick short balls behind the Chelsea defence it will produce a goal or two and city have the full backs to stop Hazard and Oscar getting in behind them.

Tight game surely and the odd goal will be the winner late on i reckon.

Nasri is injured I think.

And don't forget Kompany is playing crap at the moment.

I think 2-0 Chelsea.

Just seen on youtube the Costa stamping incidents.....both Liverpool players were very lucky to get away without a fracture, particularly Skrtel (?)...not sure 3 game ban is enough for that kind of behaviour (not quite a Ben Thatcher moment but definitely premeditated by Costa).

Just trying to think of Costa type players (ie over aggressive), and the ones that sprung to mind were Fashanu and the one years ago at Newcastle (big tache). Any others?

• Like 1

Just seen on youtube the Costa stamping incidents.....both Liverpool players were very lucky to get away without a fracture, particularly Skrtel (?)...not sure 3 game ban is enough for that kind of behaviour (not quite a Ben Thatcher moment but definitely premeditated by Costa).

Just trying to think of Costa type players (ie over aggressive), and the ones that sprung to mind were Fashanu and the one years ago at Newcastle (big tache). Any others?

Duncan Ferguson?

Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry ©, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy.Subs: Cech, Cahill, Christensen, Ake, Loftus-Cheek, Brown and Drogba.

Manchester City: Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Navas, Fernando, Fernandinho, Milner, Silva; Aguero.Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Boyata, Kolarov, Lampard, Jovetic, Dzeko.

That's the team I would have gone for except I'd always choose zaba over sagna (guess Pelles thinking is zaba struggles with hazards pace).

Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry ©, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy.Subs: Cech, Cahill, Christensen, Ake, Loftus-Cheek, Brown and Drogba.

Manchester City: Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Navas, Fernando, Fernandinho, Milner, Silva; Aguero.Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Boyata, Kolarov, Lampard, Jovetic, Dzeko.

That's the team I would have gone for except I'd always choose zaba over sagna (guess Pelles thinking is zaba struggles with hazards pace).

Your last sentence in brackets............... we were writing at the same time, I guess. Sagna is one of the slowest players at City and I think he has struggled since he has gone to City. Certainly slower than Zabba.

I fear the mobility of Chelsea with what we are putting out. Hazard with Remy coming out wide, hope its not embarrassing for Sagna.

Your last sentence in brackets............... we were writing at the same time, I guess. Sagna is one of the slowest players at City and I think he has struggled since he has gone to City. Certainly slower than Zabba.

I fear the mobility of Chelsea with what we are putting out. Hazard with Remy coming out wide, hope its not embarrassing for Sagna.

If Sagna is next to Kompany it could be even worse. He'll get pulled all over the place.

What a cracking game...really enjoying it. Reasonably happy with our performance. ..Silva is having a rare off day but maybe the goal will settle him down (not easy being manmarked by matic). Thought up to the goal the judges had us ahead on the scorecard. ..Sagna out of the position for the ball to hazard and kompany (did he leave it or couldn't reach it?). Positive comeback. Both sides look good on the ball and going forward, less so defending. Can't see it being a draw; fingers crossed.

That was like 2 heavyweights (Ali vs Ali). Would have liked to have won but very happy with our performance, that was more like it...Thought we had the 2nd half and were ahead on points. Navas...Clichy...Demi ...Nando were excellent. As silvas no.1 fan thought he wasn't up to his usual standard...was battered by matic (why wasn't he booked)...but didn't hide. So we keep on trying to catch up the hard way.

Thought we edged it tonight. The subs we both made showed City were going for the win. Don't like Sagna myself but in fairness, apart from a few errors he did a good job overall. Don't know why Kompany pulled out of clearing the ball and letting it roll into Remy's path for the goal

Thought we edged it tonight. The subs we both made showed City were going for the win. Don't like Sagna myself but in fairness, apart from a few errors he did a good job overall. Don't know why Kompany pulled out of clearing the ball and letting it roll into Remy's path for the goal

Would have loved to have taken all three points, but a draw away to Chelsea is OK.

I think Kompany is rusty and lacking a little in confidence after some mistakes recently. Maybe thinking too much instead of his usual football instincts taking over. Hopefully he'll get straightened out.

That was like 2 heavyweights (Ali vs Ali). Would have liked to have won but very happy with our performance, that was more like it...Thought we had the 2nd half and were ahead on points. Navas...Clichy...Demi ...Nando were excellent. As silvas no.1 fan thought he wasn't up to his usual standard...was battered by matic (why wasn't he booked)...but didn't hide. So we keep on trying to catch up the hard way.

Don't blame Silva too much. Magic is just exceptional in every way. I believe they bought in in the january window which in my book makes him the best january signing ever. Just a magnificent player.

I was disappointed in Chelseas negativity and it was very clear to me they were more than happy to take a draw and maintain their five point lead which is just oh so Mourinho.

I think it needed a rampaging Yaya Toure to have taken the points in that game but fair play to City for having a go.

Just went as i thought without Costa and Fabegas ...no ambition at all from Chelsea at home and fair play to City who bossed the game and deserved a victory one thing i do not understand is taking Silva and Aguero off but all in all Chelsea will drop points as the season goes on and City if can get good performances out of Toure Siva Kompany Aguero are still in it.

Surprised to see Clattenberg back for this one but fair play a good performance.

• Like 1

Just went as i thought without Costa and Fabegas ...no ambition at all from Chelsea at home and fair play to City who bossed the game and deserved a victory one thing i do not understand is taking Silva and Aguero off but all in all Chelsea will drop points as the season goes on and City if can get good performances out of Toure Siva Kompany Aguero are still in it.

Surprised to see Clattenberg back for this one but fair play a good performance.

Yes good shout but i was still disappointed at how negative Chelsea were. They literally offered City the draw on a plate.

Did you look at Chelseas remaining fixture list before you wrote that City are still in it? Says a lot about who they have left by the fact that they were quite happy with a point last night.

In Kompanys defence, I felt that the angle the ball was delivered and the way Kompany was running in, any connection by him would have been OG.

I agree about Sagna, he did ok.

I just feel that Citys problem is over confidence when we play the lesser teams and we take it too easy, but when we play the top 6 teams, we lack confidence and give them too much respect. Chelsea were there for the taking last night and the last 20 minutes we should have pushed home the advantage.

Fernando got rightly booked for 2 fouls, which were identical in nature to the 2 tackles that Matic made on Silva, yet Matic got away with it. Silva himself got booked for a 'forwards' tackle.

Seemed to me like the Chelsea players were whining a lot..... like their manager, at any tackle that City made,,,,, I hate that, when your so called hardmen like Ramires, go in hard themselves, yet as soon as they get tackled, they are calling the ref to show a card...... soft <deleted>

Fernando got rightly booked for 2 fouls

Two fouls?

And the rest.

On the whole though, City deserved a point, they starved Chelski of any supply into the box, although there weren't a lot of chances on offer to be honest.