Manchester City

mrbojangles

Hoping for a big turnaround when Yaya and Bony get back. If not, we better watch our backs. Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs all upgrading their play lately. Southampton and United in the mix. It coud get complicated.

They should both be on the first plane out of dodge tonight IMO. Ivory Coast have had them a month, so they should get back ASAP and be at least on the bench on Wednesday. But I bet they won't be.

I have almost conceded that the title is Chelsea's and they will probably even widen the gap. And like you say, we need to keep a very keen eye over our shoulders for those coming up on the rails.

Hoping for a big turnaround when Yaya and Bony get back. If not, we better watch our backs. Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs all upgrading their play lately. Southampton and United in the mix. It coud get complicated.

They should both be on the first plane out of dodge tonight IMO. Ivory Coast have had them a month, so they should get back ASAP and be at least on the bench on Wednesday. But I bet they won't be.

I have almost conceded that the title is Chelsea's and they will probably even widen the gap. And like you say, we need to keep a very keen eye over our shoulders for those coming up on the rails.

The Africans always party for a week after winning a trophy biggrin.png unless your Adebayor who parties for a week after not winning a trophy sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

James Milner has been voted the Etihad Player of the Month for January. The England midfielder comfortably saw off the challenge of Gael Clichy and Fernandinho to secure his first award of the season.

He won't win it as he lacks the glamour for many fans, but he deserves a shout for Player of the Season (to date)...consistently good, rarely average, always makes a difference. I remember the first season he joined us and wondering what he had to offer, but these days he'd be a starter in most games for me.

A must win on a cold, wet, windy mid-week night away to Mark Hughes's Stoke City. Going to see what your lads are made of then tonight.

Stoke isn't a happy hunting ground for us BB. Don't know why and on our current form, I ain't feeling confident.

I'm feeling the same, maybe Red was right about battling it out for 3rd or 4th? Think you'll be right once the ACN boys are back but that might be too late for the title chase.

From a half full point of view, odds are you are due a win at the Britannia thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Not looking great again are we. Struggling to defend against Stoke and they're competing better. Good goal by Aguero but he and Nasri aren't impressing. Was expecting a better performance, need a better performance but once again not happening.

We've not looked on form since yaya went to be honest.

Get in Aguero.

Normally I would say that was a soft penalty. The guy had only pulled on Silva a little bit and Silva went straight down. However, Silva had just had a free kick given against him when he only touched the 6ft 3" Stoke player. So the ref had set his stall out as to what was a foul

Funny game. At half time you couldn't see that coming. Well done blues for stepping up a gear.

Yeah deffo a game of two halves. First half we (and I mean me also) seemed very nervy and gave the ball away too much. Fernandinho being one of the most guilty. However, second half was much more composed, playing more like we know we can do.

Honestly, at halftime I could only see us losing, we were that poor and Stoke were causing us lots of trouble, but 2nd half we started playing football again though I was terrified every time Stoke got close to our goal. Whichever side milner wasn't on was struggling and zaba was really struggling at times. Thought milner and silva pulled us through that game, the little genius never gives up when he's taking plenty. Have to admit just before nasri scored I was shouting at Pellegrini to get him off and navas on as nasri wasn't pulling his weight defensively. ..shows what I know. Definite game of 2 halves.

City kept the pressure up on Chelsea last night with a 4-1 win over Stoke City. This result was largely down to the efforts of James Milner, who both scored and assisted a goal. In doing so, Milner covered more ground than any other player has in a single game so far this season, overtaking Burnleys George Boyd.The top ten distances covered so far this season, with dates these distances were achieved, are below:James Milner MAN CITY v Stoke 13.56km 11.2.15George Boyd BURNLEY v Newcastle 13.55km 1.1.15Tom Carroll SWANSEA v Southampton 13.47km 1.2.15George Boyd BURNLEY v Stoke 13.34km 22.11.14George Boyd BURNLEY v Man Utd 13.30km 11.2.15George Boyd BURNLEY v Aston Villa 13.24km 29.11.14Gylfi Sigurdsson SWANSEA v Man Utd 13.18km 16.8.14Christian Eriksen TOTTENHAM v Swansea 13.17km 14.12.14Harry Kane TOTTENHAM v Swansea 13.12km 14.12.14Marouane Fellaini MAN UTD v Southampton 13.12km 8.12.14

City kept the pressure up on Chelsea last night with a 4-1 win over Stoke City. This result was largely down to the efforts of James Milner, who both scored and assisted a goal. In doing so, Milner covered more ground than any other player has in a single game so far this season, overtaking Burnleys George Boyd.The top ten distances covered so far this season, with dates these distances were achieved, are below:James Milner MAN CITY v Stoke 13.56km 11.2.15George Boyd BURNLEY v Newcastle 13.55km 1.1.15Tom Carroll SWANSEA v Southampton 13.47km 1.2.15George Boyd BURNLEY v Stoke 13.34km 22.11.14George Boyd BURNLEY v Man Utd 13.30km 11.2.15George Boyd BURNLEY v Aston Villa 13.24km 29.11.14Gylfi Sigurdsson SWANSEA v Man Utd 13.18km 16.8.14Christian Eriksen TOTTENHAM v Swansea 13.17km 14.12.14Harry Kane TOTTENHAM v Swansea 13.12km 14.12.14Marouane Fellaini MAN UTD v Southampton 13.12km 8.12.14

But will 'Hamez' Milner be there next season?

Man City ace James Milner considering Arsenal and Liverpool offers

See some of our players (mainly nasri but also zaba and kompany) have been spouting off how chelsea are no good (they're not that attractive but they're certainly good) and how we're going to catch and pass them. I hate that. Just keep quiet - like Pelle - and do your talking on the pitch.

See some of our players (mainly nasri but also zaba and kompany) have been spouting off how chelsea are no good (they're not that attractive but they're certainly good) and how we're going to catch and pass them. I hate that. Just keep quiet - like Pelle - and do your talking on the pitch.

Yeah some of it can be that a player is too gobby but I just put it down to them being too young and not savvy enough to avoid reporters pointed, leading questions. The headline would be worse if Vinny said "no we can't catch Chelsea"

James Milner wants a four-year deal to stay at Manchester City beyond this summer. The Blues are currently offering a three-year contract to the 29-year-old midfielder according to the Mirror, but the player is holding out for an extra year.More from the Mirror, who suggest City could move for West Ham left-back Aaron Cresswell. The former Ipswich player has impressed at West Ham this season and would freshen up Manuel Pellegrini's options at left-back.Catalan paper Mundo Deportivo reports that Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic was approached by City in the transfer window but rejected a move.Willy Caballero is being targeted as Tim Howard's replacement at Everton, the Star on Sunday write, with New York City FC and Sporting Kansas City also interested.

Very pleased to see that we might move for Cresswell. Been very impressed with him and hoping we'd get him and move on Kolorov. He looks very assured.