Manchester City

mrbojangles

Chelsea is essentially treading water at this point and with a couple of missteps by them the title could still be up for grabs.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

must be a good jolly that u are on,please pass it around

strike me pink, if c/sea are treading water. then m/city,must be drowning

C/SEA EPL FORM...last 10 matches..7wins ..3 draws

24 points..out of a possible... 30

if thats treading water,e/s is a monkeys unclesmile.png please get a grip of yourself

I think Jellydogs point was that we've been so poor and yet Chelsea still haven't finished it off, hence treading water.

Many Chelsea fans would admit they haven't been tearing it up lately. They may easily run out from here...or not.

No Bony tonight??

Not on the bench either. Not sure what's up with that.

Zabaleta not in the starting eleven either. Zabs stock has apparently fallen off in the second part of the season.

After a week break City should be up for this game. If not, then all is lost for this season. Not an easy away match to be sure, but an acid test. And I'm not referring to Tom Wolfe or Ken Kesey.

No Bony tonight??

Not on the bench either. Not sure what's up with that.

Zabaleta not in the starting eleven either. Zabs stock has apparently fallen off in the second part of the season.

After a week break City should be up for this game. If not, then all is lost for this season. Not an easy away match to be sure, but an acid test. And I'm not referring to Tom Wolfe or Ken Kesey.

wow nearly, looks like Palace are up for it

Ah well, time to start thinking about what City is going to look like next season. Would hope for some deadwood to be launched and some youth and pace to be added. City got awfully old from last season to this.

That game a microcosm of City's season. Uneven play, awful Dzeko, and a pinch of bad luck.

Chelsea is essentially treading water at this point and with a couple of missteps by them the title could still be up for grabs.

if thats treading water,e/s is a monkeys unclesmile.png please get a grip of yourself

I think Jellydogs point was that we've been so poor and yet Chelsea still haven't finished it off, hence treading water.

Many Chelsea fans would admit they haven't been tearing it up lately. They may easily run out from here...or not.

a top of a good morning to J/D and allsmile.png

title chances drowned , dead on arrival , resuscitation failed

sincerely hope that u got some shut eye.or was it a restless one??

some big trees need chopping,mngr first,followed closely by captain horizontal ears,who although a great player when on song, but lacks that killer fortitude needed all season long

treading the water is a very good feeling over at the bridge. nicely done c/ palacesmile.png

Edited by evenstevens

Bladdy speechless. Waste of space, the lot of em. I cannot see the Sheikh being amused about that and with the Burnley game it could be a nail in Pellegrini's coffin.

Apparently your manager was "very pleased" with your performance. What a statement to make!

He's a gonna so lets have a think about who will manage you next season. Klopp, Bielsa, Ancelotti....could be some interesting candidates out there. I also think that Kompany and your other center back have had it. They are both liabilities.

However, theres a core of fine players for a new manager to build a new team around so its more of a disappointing blip imho.

a top of a good morning to J/D and allsmile.png

title chances drowned , dead on arrival , resuscitation failed

sincerely hope that u got some shut eye.or was it a restless one??

some big trees need chopping,mngr first,followed closely by captain horizontal ears,who although a great player when on song, but lacks that killer fortitude needed all season long

treading the water is a very good feeling over at the bridge. nicely done c/ palacesmile.png

Enjoy your moment by all means but no rival fan appreciates smugness.

Bladdy speechless. Waste of space, the lot of em. I cannot see the Sheikh being amused about that and with the Burnley game it could be a nail in Pellegrini's coffin.

Apparently your manager was "very pleased" with your performance. What a statement to make!

He's a gonna so lets have a think about who will manage you next season. Klopp, Bielsa, Ancelotti....could be some interesting candidates out there. I also think that Kompany and your other center back have had it. They are both liabilities.

However, theres a core of fine players for a new manager to build a new team around so its more of a disappointing blip imho.

I'd agree with you.

"He's a gonna so lets have a think about who will manage you next season. Klopp, Bielsa, Ancelotti....could be some interesting candidates out there."

Someone who fits in with the City 'Philosophy' would be Viv Nicholson

Haven't seen the game yet but that's the biggest kick in the teeth this season. Feels like a death in my family this morning. "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." so bloody true.

mI'm honestly very worried for us on Sunday and on the run-in, we've been poor all season but we seem to have come off the rails big time recently. How a team can grind back the points deficit and be joint top by xmas and then lose their way like this, needs some explaining by Pelle. If he doesn't get 2nd, and currently i don't think he will, he's gone.

"He's a gonna so lets have a think about who will manage you next season. Klopp, Bielsa, Ancelotti....could be some interesting candidates out there."

City need a coach that can take them to the next level which is challenging for the european cup rather than taking part in the competition.

I haven't been impressed with MP since he effectively bottled it in the second half against a ten man United side that was having a right old go. Seems a nice guy but for the success the owners crave for he's just not up to the task.

Pellegrini lacks passion for me. As you say, nice guy but it needs more than that.

Yeah we still have a core of top players but I think we will have to put two fingers up to FFP in the summer and shed several of the dead wood

Haven't seen the game yet but that's the biggest kick in the teeth this season. Feels like a death in my family this morning. "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." so bloody true.

mI'm honestly very worried for us on Sunday and on the run-in, we've been poor all season but we seem to have come off the rails big time recently. How a team can grind back the points deficit and be joint top by xmas and then lose their way like this, needs some explaining by Pelle. If he doesn't get 2nd, and currently i don't think he will, he's gone.

Their first goal was off-side to me and we had a penalty turned down for a blatant handball, so we weren't getting the rub. We had about 74% possession and shed loads more shots but not going in the net. An all too familiar story this season. Dominant but lose.

• Like 1

Cheap shot; good luck getting promotion though.

We have gone backwards this year.

Pellegrini inherited a very good team, the first year he was here, the backbone of which Mancini built.

Sure, he put a few fires out and he is a nice guy, but the team hasnt kicked on.

I think he will see out his contract till the end of next season, by which time Guardiola will be available.

All of our South American players seem to be out of sorts. City, as a team, just dont look happy. The telepathic understanding between them is no longer there.

Dzeko was a waste of space last night, but then City are hardly laying to his strengths.

The fast pace exciting free flowing football has been replaced by predictable side to side boring stuff.

• Like 1

Their first goal was off-side to me and we had a penalty turned down for a blatant handball, so we weren't getting the rub. We had about 74% possession and shed loads more shots but not going in the net. An all too familiar story this season. Dominant but lose.

Last season teams parked the bus but somehow we always found a way to win it. This season most teams have worked us outand have parked the bus and played on the break to snatch a goal - Stoke (H) being the ultimate smash n grab. All too frequently we haven't worked out how to break them down and too often pressing forward we've been caught out. The only teams who take us on the past few seaons, have been Arse and Liverpool. Still though im at a lose to understand our 2015 form.

If there's a silver lining, maybe our owners will ditch some deadwood (kolorovs) and buy us Tevez, Barry, Dejong replacements we've needed for a few seasons...and I can't see Pelle surviving unless he turns it around AND a replacement isn't available in the summer.

Credit to Pardew though, Ashley must be kicking himself.

don't really reckon ashley gives a toss does he? barcodes fans don't seem to think so at any rate.

Newcastle were shocking the other night except for Gutierrez who put a shift in in an unfamiliar holding role.

I feel sorry for the geordies who deserve to taste what it's like to win something. ..think it's 60 years since they won something (FA cup vs City). There's an excellent guardian article on them currently.

Having bought so many Arsenal players, finishing 4th was inevitable eventuallythumbsup.gif

I'm trying to remind myself who we bought from Arsenal;:

Adebayor...good for a while but important in Hughes developing side.

Nasri...excellent last season in the Championship team but this srason petulant and lazy

Clichy...big success (in two Champioship teams)

Sagna ...free (supposedly our best defender on stats but freezes going forward)

Did I miss anyone?

don't really reckon ashley gives a toss does he? barcodes fans don't seem to think so at any rate.

Newcastle were shocking the other night except for Gutierrez who put a shift in in an unfamiliar holding role.

I feel sorry for the geordies who deserve to taste what it's like to win something. ..think it's 60 years since they won something (FA cup vs City). There's an excellent guardian article on them currently.

Blimey, didn't realise they hadn't won anything for that long. It's a more miserable existence than we had. biggrin.png

Having bought so many Arsenal players, finishing 4th was inevitable eventuallythumbsup.gif

I'm trying to remind myself who we bought from Arsenal;:

Adebayor...good for a while but important in Hughes developing side.

Nasri...excellent last season in the Championship team but this srason petulant and lazy

Clichy...big success (in two Champioship teams)

Sagna ...free (supposedly our best defender on stats but freezes going forward)

Did I miss anyone?

Yeah...Kolo....and Patrick (eventually) but never mind, I was just taking a break from golfbiggrin.png

15360585-happy-fisherman-holding-a-group

• Like 1

do any fans really "deserve" to win anything? least the toon fans have a lovely big stadium and have been able to watch top flight football for a long time and seen some great players too - they're hardly doncaster rovers fans are they?