Manchester City

mrbojangles

Chelsea is essentially treading water at this point and with a couple of missteps by them the title could still be up for grabs.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

must be a good jolly that u are on,please pass it around

strike me pink, if c/sea are treading water. then m/city,must be drowning

C/SEA EPL FORM...last 10 matches..7wins ..3 draws

24 points..out of a possible... 30

if thats treading water,e/s is a monkeys unclesmile.png please get a grip of yourself

a top of a good morning to J/D and allsmile.png

title chances drowned , dead on arrival , resuscitation failed

sincerely hope that u got some shut eye.or was it a restless one??

some big trees need chopping,mngr first,followed closely by captain horizontal ears,who although a great player when on song, but lacks that killer fortitude needed all season long

treading the water is a very good feeling over at the bridge. nicely done c/ palacesmile.png

Enjoy your moment by all means but no rival fan appreciates smugness.

B/B..no smugness at all, just posting the the true facts, it hurts does ,nt it????

the 4...4...2 formation this crazy stubborn gaffer is continually using , has largely contibuted to m/city,s demise

think about it???? if he sticks to it against m/u at the w,end.. the sheik should adopt c/sea,s sucessful business policy

fire him on the spot

Credit to Pardew though, Ashley must be kicking himself.

don't really reckon ashley gives a toss does he? barcodes fans don't seem to think so at any rate.

Newcastle were shocking the other night except for Gutierrez who put a shift in in an unfamiliar holding role.

I feel sorry for the geordies who deserve to taste what it's like to win something. ..think it's 60 years since they won something (FA cup vs City). There's an excellent guardian article on them currently.

Blimey, didn't realise they hadn't won anything for that long. It's a more miserable existence than we had. biggrin.png

Apologies. Last major domestic was 60 years ago.

League champions (last was 1927)

FA Cup winners (last was 1955).

196869 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup

2006 Intertoto Cup

Having bought so many Arsenal players, finishing 4th was inevitable eventuallythumbsup.gif

I'm trying to remind myself who we bought from Arsenal;:

Adebayor...good for a while but important in Hughes developing side.

Nasri...excellent last season in the Championship team but this srason petulant and lazy

Clichy...big success (in two Champioship teams)

Sagna ...free (supposedly our best defender on stats but freezes going forward)

Did I miss anyone?

Yeah...Kolo....and Patrick (eventually) but never mind, I was just taking a break from golfbiggrin.png

15360585-happy-fisherman-holding-a-group

Sorry forgot Kolo.

Not having that about Paddy...he came via italy.

Having bought so many Arsenal players, finishing 4th was inevitable eventuallythumbsup.gif

Nasri...excellent last season in the Championship team but this srason petulant and lazy

Did I miss anyone?

Should be grateful... Sagna was always getting caught forward :P

don't really reckon ashley gives a toss does he? barcodes fans don't seem to think so at any rate.

Newcastle were shocking the other night except for Gutierrez who put a shift in in an unfamiliar holding role.

I feel sorry for the geordies who deserve to taste what it's like to win something. ..think it's 60 years since they won something (FA cup vs City). There's an excellent guardian article on them currently.

Blimey, didn't realise they hadn't won anything for that long. It's a more miserable existence than we had. biggrin.png

Apologies. Last major domestic was 60 years ago.

League champions (last was 1927)

FA Cup winners (last was 1955).

196869 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup

2006 Intertoto Cup

Ah yes the InterTwoBob as it was called.

do any fans really "deserve" to win anything? least the toon fans have a lovely big stadium and have been able to watch top flight football for a long time and seen some great players too - they're hardly doncaster rovers fans are they?

In my opinion ALL football fans deserve to taste success...I understand that Newcastle have gone the longest of all the bigger clubs since tasting domestic success so yes I'd like to see them win something. All geordies (actually north-easteners) I've ever met seem decent and I wish them well.

Chelsea is essentially treading water at this point and with a couple of missteps by them the title could still be up for grabs.

if thats treading water,e/s is a monkeys unclesmile.png please get a grip of yourself

some big trees need chopping,mngr first,followed closely by captain horizontal ears,who although a great player when on song, but lacks that killer fortitude needed all season long

treading the water is a very good feeling over at the bridge. nicely done c/ palacesmile.png

B/B..no smugness at all, just posting the the true facts, it hurts does ,nt it????

the 4...4...2 formation this crazy stubborn gaffer is continually using , has largely contibuted to m/city,s demise

think about it???? if he sticks to it against m/u at the w,end.. the sheik should adopt c/sea,s sucessful business policy

fire him on the spot

Not smug, how about gloating?

Take it you're a City fan/watch all our games to be so much in the know.

Bladdy speechless. Waste of space, the lot of em. I cannot see the Sheikh being amused about that and with the Burnley game it could be a nail in Pellegrini's coffin.

Apparently your manager was "very pleased" with your performance. What a statement to make!

He's a gonna so lets have a think about who will manage you next season. Klopp, Bielsa, Ancelotti....could be some interesting candidates out there. I also think that Kompany and your other center back have had it. They are both liabilities.

However, theres a core of fine players for a new manager to build a new team around so its more of a disappointing blip imho.

Pelles quote in the Guardian is below, and having just watched the rerun I'd agree with him. I thought we played all right, better than of late, and it's hard to understand how that game finished with us losers. The offside for their goal I can understand how the officials didn't spot it realtime. That was a penalty for us 2nd half not given. We came close, Palace rode their luck and fair play to them...on another day one or two of our chances would have bobbled in. Having seen our performance gives me some heart for the run in...we weren't far off it last night.

Its difficult to understand the result. We played a very good game from beginning to end, had a lot of chances to score. Crystal Palacescored the first goal which was clearly offside, and then a beautiful free-kick. Its difficult to understand, but football happens like this.In different moments in football, you can win or lose. I hope we continue playing like we did today and we are more lucky. Every point you drop makes it more difficult, but its the same answer. We are not thinking about Chelsea or the title. Just about the next game at Old Trafford.Palaces opening goal from Murray came in controversial circumstances. Scott Dann appeared to be in an offside position during the buildup and Citys players protested vehemently to the referee, Michael Oliver.It was a clear offside, added Pellegrini. The first minute, there was another clear offside. The mistake the referee can do there was also after that a clear penalty and a lot of things happened in the game. But with the way we played, we must win this game.

Pelligrini at least shows some dignity in defeat unlike that odious, poking finger in the eye, ego maniac in London.

This was always a potential banana skin game and it wont be the last this season.......it aint over by a long shot.

• Like 1

Ooops Not many will have predicted that. Good exiting squeaky bum time game for the Neutrals, Chelski, Arse and Man Utd fans though.

BT coffee1.gif

City fans will have predicted that, that's the way it's going recently. Cracking game though.

All the top 4 are bound to have at least one mare result in their run-in. Not surprising that yours was Palace who are looking very much like the new Stoke (without the clogging).

Our mare will probably be Hull away. Hopefully Man U and Chelsea's mare games will be Arsenal at home and Arsenal away!

Edited by SantiSuk

fire him on the spot

Another late to the party, bandwagon jumping Chav bore. Run along laddie.

Tick Tock, what happened to this? we have a youngish team and slowly developing into a decent side, you have a ageing squad with no youth coming through, who is the one in decline, maybe I should start a are city in decline thread.

fire him on the spot

Another late to the party, bandwagon jumping Chav bore. Run along laddie.

A supercilious, midget, ocker gobshi.te

• Like 2

We're all disappointed but two titles out of the last four is nothing to sneeze at. You ain't gonna win it every year. Everybody can do their own autopsy and the off season will be interesting. Surely many familiar faces will hit the road, possibly Pellegrini among them. I can see where his lack of fire could be an issue, though the lack of fire of some of the players, as well as some poor purchases just as big an issue...if not more so.

More youth please and more defensive pace. We also don't have enough creativity on the wings. Navas has plenty of pace but that is about it. For all the space he can create for himself he can't <deleted> cross the ball and rarely cuts inside with any effectiveness. The second half of the season saw a distinct lack of Zabaleta getting forward and creating havoc. Sorely missed. Outside of a nice cross from Kolarov at times on the left, not much going on there either. Almost makes you wish for Ashley Young. Forgive me.wai2.gif All of which leads to Silva having to turn water into wine on a weekly basis. Too much to ask. Nasri ? Gone.

The defense is a big question mark. Can Kompany be himself again ? I have my doubts. He dropped off a cliff this season. Mangala ? Maybe. Demichelis has probably been the most consistent but he ain't getting any younger. Certainly not a player to build around. Boyata ain't never gonna make it. What to make of Zabs ? One of my favorite players but he took a step back as well. When it appears that you have been maybe surpassed by Sagna, what's up ? And then Toure, Fernando and Fernandinho. I'd expect Yaya is gone. Despite all his negatives he will be difficult to replace. When he was right he a was a major match winner. Fern and Dinho with talent but is the jury still out ?

So, two titles in four years is much better than many clubs have been able to do, but this squad is pretty much shot. Too old, too slow and some of them too jaded. Let's hope management makes the right decisions. Please, no more Jo's, Robinho's or Jovetic's. Keep Silva, Aguero, Bony and Hart for sure.

Talking out loud.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Tick Tock, what happened to this? we have a youngish team and slowly developing into a decent side, you have a ageing squad with no youth coming through, who is the one in decline, maybe I should start a are city in decline thread.

Nev, sounds like you're still pissed that I started the "Are ManU in decline" thread back in 2006 te he!

Did I miss anyone?

Yeah...Kolo....and Patrick (eventually) but never mind, I was just taking a break from golfbiggrin.png

15360585-happy-fisherman-holding-a-group

Sorry forgot Kolo.

Not having that about Paddy...he came via italy.

catfish.jpg

• Like 1

Did I miss anyone?

Niall Quinn.thumbsup.gif

Legend, Before we had money!!

• Like 1

Did I miss anyone?

Niall Quinn.thumbsup.gif

Legend, Before we had money!!

Connections:

David Seaman

David Rocastle

Tommy Caton

Nicolas Anelka

Brian Kidd

Sylvinho

Brian Marwood

Alan Ball

David Platt

Paul Dickov..and best till last

Uncle JOE MERCER

Can't see too much wrong in that tbf. Its looking ever more likely that a clearest on the horizon starting with the manager. It needs to happen and with City's financial power it can only be a positive.

btw, the Benitez link, as he's yet to pen a new contract is interesting, and he definitely possesses the tactical acumen often found wanting in Pellegrini and has an excellent record in europe which is where City's owners aspire to do well.

Can't see too much wrong in that tbf. Its looking ever more likely that a clearest on the horizon starting with the manager. It needs to happen and with City's financial power it can only be a positive.

btw, the Benitez link, as he's yet to pen a new contract is interesting, and he definitely possesses the tactical acumen often found wanting in Pellegrini and has an excellent record in europe which is where City's owners aspire to do well.

and still has a lovely house on the wirral.

Man City youngsters hold a 3-0 advantage over Leicester going into the second leg of their semi-final on Wednesday. The winners of Wednesday's game will face Chelsea in the final. The West London side lost the first leg of their last four tie 2-0 to Tottenham, but came back to win 5-4 on aggregate.

Apparently Chelsea and City have no youngsters coming through.

RedNev talking a lot of sense , though the time for City to have taken on UEFA if they'd wanted to was after the sanctions had been imposed not now after a year of accepting the sanctions. But he's right that FFP is impacting on City but aimed at club's not with our financial backing.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-urged-take-uefa-8996428

Edited by Bredbury Blue

RedNev talking a lot of sense , though the time for City to have taken on UEFA if they'd wanted to was after the sanctions had been imposed not now after a year of accepting the sanctions. But he's right that FFP is impacting on City but aimed at club's not with our financial backing.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-urged-take-uefa-8996428

It's aimed squarely at you mate.

To stop people having to spend beyond their means to compete.

But Platini won't enforce it, a piddling fine is all you got.

(And before you say it, yes it is piddling, less than Shaikh Yerbooty's annual jewellry bill).

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Nev, sounds like you're still pissed that I started the "Are ManU in decline" thread back in 2006 te he!

Nah, we hardly won anything since you had that stroke of genius moment lol

He's echoing what we have been saying on here for a couple of years now.