Manchester City

mrbojangles

great game for the nuetral yesterday and what ever anyone says it takes 2 to make that happen. however was quite interesting that robbie earle, who was pitchside for nbc, reckoned that when your manager got up in the second half to encourage more effort he quite openly got looks from the players that didnt exactly seem to promote unity he didnt describe them as hostile but not quite short of it. losing the team ?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In previous seasons, City have seen it out to the end. This season, they've just ran out of stamina. They started this game like they were going to tear United apart but, after Zabaleta's error the confidence that they started with just drained away. Toure, who's had to contend with the African Nations Cup, has plenty of miles on the clock as well and that has shown in his performances of late.

• Like 1

I also think Pelle is gone. If he finishes top 3 and above ManU then maybe they'll keep youhim on for another but currently that doesn't look likely. We seem to be limping to the finish line.

There was a period when we were 2v1 down, and looking down, and that's when he had to make a good call to change it around, and he either moved Yaya and Milner around (as Yaya clearly didn't fancy it against Fellaini) or he takes off lazy Yaya. He did nothing until it was too late, took off Milner and left lazybones on. Fair play to Fernandinho for trying to play 2 mens positions.

Fair play to ManU, they got a bit of luck with the first two goals and then got better as the game went on.

City score to make it 2-4, 2 minutes left plus 3 minutes of injury time.The reaction of the players was a disgrace!! Sauntering back to the centre circle. No urgency. No belief.

Maybe harsh, but Pellegrini has to take the blame. Players apparantly repect him as a man, but they are NOT playing for him or showing any fire in their belly.

I hope Yaya goes. He went on my sh!t list pre season and in the main has done nothing.

You bought players with the lure of big money...........they could,nt care less about Manchester City,no loyalty as you have no tradition......just a small club with a little bit of history....get over it sack another manager in your endless pursuit of your senior neighbours wink.png

Yeah and the likes of Falco and Di Maria are blood Red who moved to Salford for the Sonshiiiiiine

And the fact that any footballer anywhere knows who plays at Old Trafford.............Etihad Stadium......where,s that who plays there?

Rio Ferdinand made an excellent comment many years ago it was " every player in the premier league wants to play for Manchester United.......those that say they don,t are liars"

That's 6 losses out of the last 8 games in all competitions. Doesn't bode well for Pelle's future.

Well done United, you played better than us and deserved the win. Although did anyone else think the 3rd goal was off-side? I was in a bar that had bladdy music playing and no commentary but he looked off-side to me.

Off-side for me and the Argentine commentators...for what its worth.

I also think Pelle is gone. If he finishes top 3 and above ManU then maybe they'll keep youhim on for another but currently that doesn't look likely. We seem to be limping to the finish line.

There was a period when we were 2v1 down, and looking down, and that's when he had to make a good call to change it around, and he either moved Yaya and Milner around (as Yaya clearly didn't fancy it against Fellaini) or he takes off lazy Yaya. He did nothing until it was too late, took off Milner and left lazybones on. Fair play to Fernandinho for trying to play 2 mens positions.

Fair play to ManU, they got a bit of luck with the first two goals and then got better as the game went on.

City score to make it 2-4, 2 minutes left plus 3 minutes of injury time.The reaction of the players was a disgrace!! Sauntering back to the centre circle. No urgency. No belief.

Maybe harsh, but Pellegrini has to take the blame. Players apparantly repect him as a man, but they are NOT playing for him or showing any fire in their belly.

I hope Yaya goes. He went on my sh!t list pre season and in the main has done nothing.

You bought players with the lure of big money...........they could,nt care less about Manchester City,no loyalty as you have no tradition......just a small club with a little bit of history....get over it sack another manager in your endless pursuit of your senior neighbours wink.png

Yeah and the likes of Falco and Di Maria are blood Red who moved to Salford for the Sonshiiiiiine

And the fact that any footballer anywhere knows who plays at Old Trafford.............Etihad Stadium......where,s that who plays there?

Rio Ferdinand made an excellent comment many years ago it was " every player in the premier league wants to play for Manchester United.......those that say they don,t are liars"

The key words in your comments are "many years ago". I think post 'Liverpool glory years' UNTIL recent 'foreigner-influx years' Wio's comment was probably true, but those days of every player wanting to join ManU ended.

That's 6 losses out of the last 8 games in all competitions. Doesn't bode well for Pelle's future.

Well done United, you played better than us and deserved the win. Although did anyone else think the 3rd goal was off-side? I was in a bar that had bladdy music playing and no commentary but he looked off-side to me.

Over there, have they got over TopGear yet?

Over there, have they got over TopGear yet?

They get over some things quick here and other things they have their teeth into forever. Just about like everywhere.wai2.gif

Looks like you lot need a big clear out like we have just done, maybe 6 or 7 players shipped in and out, do you think your manager is capable of this for next season and do as good a job as Lvg, if not who do you want to oversee your massive redevelopment?

Edited by nev

Looks like you lot need a big clear out like we have just done, maybe 6 or 7 players shipped in and out, do you think your manager is capable of this for next season and do as good a job as Lvg, if not who do you want to oversee your massive redevelopment?

Perhaps David Moyes cheesy.gif

BT biggrin.png

Perhaps David Moyes cheesy.gif

BT biggrin.png

Nah he wants to manage a big club.

Gorton Job centre this morning, what a sight.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1428956111.418725.jpg

redrus

Who's the one to the left of Pelle supposed to be?

It is James Milner. Or have you forgotten about him already. :lol:

redrus

Aw, the wife and I were wondering if it was Jovetic. Good cartoon apart from the Milner-non-lookalike.

• Like 1

See Klopp will be available end of season. Interesting.

Is the writing on the wall ? City drops out of contention, the heat is on Pellegrini, and presto(!) Klopp is available. Looks as though Klopp has made himself an early strong candidate.

I'd imagine City would prefer Pep but he has already said he'll see out his contract at Bayern.

See Klopp will be available end of season. Interesting.

Yeah, I spotted that as well. Would he suit City? Well he's certainly more passionate on the outside than Pelle.

Eh up, he's back...x

redrus

Pep has managed 2 top clubs in healthy positions when he joined, and he kept it going or improved them...could he do it with a team like City, could he do it with a typical lower premier team, or can he only do it an established giant?

Klopp picked up a Dortmund in a poor state and turned them in to something special until his efforts were undermined by losing his best players.

Could either of them be interested in little City?

Which, if any, could be right for City?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

What about sticking by your manager who won you only your 4th title in your history, a few bad results and you unungrateful lot already have the noose out to hang him.

What about sticking by your manager who won you only your 4th title in your history, a few bad results and you unungrateful lot already have the noose out to hang him.

Have a look at the MEN recent poll.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-fans-vote-give-9041495

Most fans want to see where we are end of season before making a decision, others want him out now (some have never been enamoured with Pelle, such is life). If however this slump continues on to such an extent that Champions League is in jeopardy, then the club would be fullish not to take drastic action - is that how business works. Whatever happens Pelle did brilliantly in his first season, and hopefully we'll come out of the slump; I think most fans feel he and we have been let down by certain players.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I'd agree with that Nev with the big caveat that Pellegrini has a history of preferring older, experienced footballers. Seems that now is the time for City to refurbish with at least some youth.

Something else we haven't talked about much on this thread has been the influx of beefy, muscled players who haven't yet cut it for City. Fernando and Mangala come to mind. The exile of Nastasic who was a lighter centre-back. I'd imagine Pellegrini had at least some input into those signings and the decision on Nastasic.

All that said, I wouldn't be heartbroke if City retained Pellegrini. An obvious case could be made for the job he's done. OTOH I'm not sure he's the right choice for moving forward.coffee1.gif

Always said I'd have Nastasic off you, perplexed by his leaving out. If Vidic rated him so highly, who am I to judge. Do you think he's just being crowded out by larger framed, more expensive peers..?

redrus

Always said I'd have Nastasic off you, perplexed by his leaving out. If Vidic rated him so highly, who am I to judge. Do you think he's just being crowded out by larger framed, more expensive peers..?

redrus

He would be great if he came to us, but sadly he is tainted now and no way would they sell to us.

redrus

I don't know of anybody who knows the full story on Nastasic. I thought at one time he could be a top flight CB for years. I definitely think Pellegrini favors size and strength. He brought in his Malaga favorite Demichelis, bought big size in Mangala, had a star in Kompany and home grown Boyata. So maybe Nastasic was considered surplus. If Nastasic was home grown maybe he would have been kept.

Nev, City fans really took to Bobby Manc and I think we were all gutted when he was axed (at the time we weren't aware of the infighting) and quizzical of the decision (though it could be argued that events thereafter show the decision to axe him to be the right one).

Pellegrini by his nature leaves people, fans, media, etc, a little ambivalent - for the record I like him but his insistence on 442, poor substitutions and a few other flaws leave me convinced he ain't no mourinho but probably as good as the best of the rest in the Premier. I'm pretty sure when we signed him though, it wasn't with the long term in mind.

We now have a mini-season of 6 games for Pelle to turn it around and show he's the man for next season. I think that's fair. If we look like not being at least 4th he needs to go, to try and give us some impetus to come at least 4th. If he comes 2nd and/or above ManU I think he'll be seen as ok by the sheik for next season. We all know factored in to this would be is there a replacement or not. I also think our management realise that a lot of the expected performers haven't performed to their level of last season AND Pelles 2nd season has been heavily marred by FFP restrictions (we are little horse this season buying wise) which shouldn't be there come summer and for next season.

I think the key to this is how the mini season pans out AND if there's a top quality 40-50 year old available and wants to join us ( to replace a 63 year old).

Should be an interesting run in.

Nev, City fans really took to Bobby Manc and I think we were all gutted when he was axed (at the time we weren't aware of the infighting) and quizzical of the decision (though it could be argued that events thereafter show the decision to axe him to be the right one).

Pellegrini by his nature leaves people, fans, media, etc, a little ambivalent - for the record I like him but his insistence on 442, poor substitutions and a few other flaws leave me convinced he ain't no mourinho but probably as good as the best of the rest in the Premier. I'm pretty sure when we signed him though, it wasn't with the long term in mind.

We now have a mini-season of 6 games for Pelle to turn it around and show he's the man for next season. I think that's fair. If we look like not being at least 4th he needs to go, to try and give us some impetus to come at least 4th. If he comes 2nd and/or above ManU I think he'll be seen as ok by the sheik for next season. We all know factored in to this would be is there a replacement or not. I also think our management realise that a lot of the expected performers haven't performed to their level of last season AND Pelles 2nd season has been heavily marred by FFP restrictions (we are little horse this season buying wise) which shouldn't be there come summer and for next season.

I think the key to this is how the mini season pans out AND if there's a top quality 40-50 year old available and wants to join us ( to replace a 63 year old).

Should be an interesting run in.

Yes it should be a very exciting and interesting run in, I remember seeing a video of city fans at Wembley singing you can stick your pellagrine up your a**e, so even back at the beginning some was not happy to see Mancini getting the chop and being replaced.