Manchester City

mrbojangles

Always said I'd have Nastasic off you, perplexed by his leaving out. If Vidic rated him so highly, who am I to judge. Do you think he's just being crowded out by larger framed, more expensive peers..?

redrus

I don't know of anybody who knows the full story on Nastasic. I thought at one time he could be a top flight CB for years. I definitely think Pellegrini favors size and strength. He brought in his Malaga favorite Demichelis, bought big size in Mangala, had a star in Kompany and home grown Boyata. So maybe Nastasic was considered surplus. If Nastasic was home grown maybe he would have been kept.

Might come as a surprise to non-Blues but all City fans highly rated Nastasic and expected him to be our first choice for years to come. Perhaps wasn't physical enough currently but his reading of the game is topclass. I'm sure we made a big mistake letting him go and Schalke have got a real bargain buy on a 4 year contract.

Nothing to do with the name-your-own-price-habibi phone call he got minutes after Dhabi had taken a pasting at the hands of Merchandise United, I'm sure.

Jürgen Klopp will leave his position as Borussia Dortmund head coach at the end of the season, the Bundesliga club confirmed in a press conference this afternoon.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog

Vincent Kompany: FFP is deliberately designed to stop Man City from competing with 'old order' like Man Utd

City fell foul of the Uefa rules last year which led to a conditional £49  million fine most of which they can claw back eventually by complying and restrictions on their European squad and incoming transfers which manager Manuel Pellegrini has stated hampered their chances of competing this season.The club is expected to comply this season and said it would have done so anyway during the natural course of its planned business operations.

United had a net transfer spend of £122 million last summer, around four times Citys figure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11530363/Vincent-Kompany-FFP-is-deliberately-designed-to-stop-Man-City-from-competing-with-old-order-like-Man-Utd.html

Seems our Vinny and Red Nev are in agreement with us Blues on here.

Consider:

We bought the following and finished Champions

2011 - Gael Clichy (Arsenal): £7mSergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid): £38mEdin Dzeko (Wolfsburg): £27mSamir Nasri (Arsenal): £22m

Following year we bought the following and finished 2nd

2012- Richard Wright (Preston North End): FreeScott Sinclair (Swansea): £8mCostel Pantilimon (Politechnica Timisoara): £3mJavi Garcia (Benfica): £15.8mMatija Nastasic (Fiorentina): £12m (plus Stefan Savic)Jack Rodwell (Everton): £12m

Following year we bought the following and finished Champions

2013 - Fernandinho (Shakhtar Donetsk): £30mMartin Demichelis (Atletico Madrid): £3.8mStevan Jovetic (Fiorentina): £22mAlvaro Negredo (Sevilla): £16.4mJesus Navas (Sevilla): £14.9m

Following year we bought the following and will not finish Champions

2014 - Bacary Sagna (Arsenal): FreeFernando (Porto): £12mWilly Caballero (Mangala): £4.4mEliaquim Mangala (Porto): £32m

See the Trend? Think we can all see the fix.

Imagine in the summer of 2014 we'd not bought those players, but had picked up Costa (excellent replacement for Negredo), Matic (since Barry left we've not been able to find such a player) and Fabregas (signing of this season for me...Imagine him, not Nasri, with Silva). It's an influx of several PROVEN-QUALITY players that we need this close season, plus some players with great potential, and we'll be right again. Again, look at the trend above, bring in TOP players [ = success], bring in LESSER players [= also ran].

Nothing to do with the name-your-own-price-habibi phone call he got minutes after Dhabi had taken a pasting at the hands of Merchandise United, I'm sure.

Jürgen Klopp will leave his position as Borussia Dortmund head coach at the end of the season, the Bundesliga club confirmed in a press conference this afternoon.

thumbsup.gif

I'm just pleasantly surprised that you think the Sheik's boys have such influence.

Imagine in the summer of 2014 we'd not bought those players, but had picked up Costa (excellent replacement for Negredo), Matic (since Barry left we've not been able to find such a player) and Fabregas (signing of this season for me...Imagine him, not Nasri, with Silva). It's an influx of several PROVEN-QUALITY players that we need this close season, plus some players with great potential, and we'll be right again. Again, look at the trend above, bring in TOP players [ = success], bring in LESSER players [= also ran].

spend%20book.jpg

spend%20book.jpg

Not very original, someone made that very same joke here very recently.

But isn't that the name of the game these days, spend/buy the best manager and or players to try to guarantee success, and only the likes of ManU, Arse, Scousers, Chelsea and City have those finances to play this money game [in fact I'm not even sure the Scousers can compete in this money game...not having won the Premier would seem proof of that although they've come close twice).

Well done Chelsea (we were knocked out by Roma).

Chelsea Under-19s won the final of the Uefa Youth League in Nyon yesterday against Shakhtar Donetsk, the final not an inconsiderable achievement for the Ukrainians, given the conflict in their home city. For Chelsea, it goes with, among others, last seasons Premier League Under-21s title; their Under-18s reaching a fourth consecutive FA Youth Cup final next week (the club have won two of the previous three) and a runners-up place in the 2013 NextGen Series. There must be a first-team player in there somewhere.

spend%20book.jpg

But isn't that the name of the game these days, spend/buy the best manager and or players to try to guarantee success, and only the likes of ManU, Arse, Scousers, Chelsea and City have those finances to play this money game [in fact I'm not even sure the Scousers can compete in this money game...not having won the Premier would seem proof of that although they've come close twice).

it is an actual fact that the more money spent brings success. There are real, consistent correlations. And yes Scousers are not in same financial bracket.

spend%20book.jpg

it is an actual fact that the more money spent brings success. There are real, consistent correlations. And yes Scousers are not in same financial bracket.

Hallelujah, someone with some sense on here!

• Like 1

See Klopp will be available end of season. Interesting.

Yeah, I spotted that as well. Would he suit City? Well he's certainly more passionate on the outside than Pelle.

Eh up, he's back...x

redrus

Yeah Rus, got back to the sandpit yesterday morning. Back in Thailand in 3 months. smile.png

• Like 1

why's that?

Look here and tell me Liverpool is not on par with spending with other clubs and how many titles they have won spending almost the same as united since 1992.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-1992-to-date/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-1992-to-date

1 Chelsea £1,060,949,000 £421,275,000 £639,674,000 £27,811,913 2 Manchester City £893,880,000 £262,453,000 £631,427,000 £27,453,348 3 Manchester United £759,350,000 £360,040,000 £399,310,000 £17,361,304 4 Liverpool £767,305,000 £441,090,000 £326,215,000

£14,183,261

And as you can see Man United have only spent 8 million quid more than Liverpool and won 13 title to Liverpool's 0.

We only jumped over them due to our new manager having to spend big to reshape the team.

• Like 2

why's that?

Look here and tell me Liverpool is not on par with spending with other clubs and how many titles they have won spending almost the same as united since 1992.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-1992-to-date/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-1992-to-date

1 Chelsea £1,060,949,000 £421,275,000 £639,674,000 £27,811,913 2 Manchester City £893,880,000 £262,453,000 £631,427,000 £27,453,348 3 Manchester United £759,350,000 £360,040,000 £399,310,000 £17,361,304 4 Liverpool £767,305,000 £441,090,000 £326,215,000

£14,183,261

And as you can see Man United have only spent 8 million quid more than Liverpool and won 13 title to Liverpool's 0.

We only jumped over them due to our new manager having to spend big to reshape the team.

And that's a fact. :lol: [emoji23][emoji23]

redrus

• Like 1

My comment "Hallelujah, someone with some sense on here!" was in response to BangrakBob's comment "it is an actual fact that the more money spent brings success. There are real, consistent correlations", that is, someone agreeing that the Big teams (and not just City) spend money to be more successful. My comment was not in relation to Liverpool's spending which I'm not knowledgeable on, but thanks for informing on Liverpools spending.

The information you referred to shows the totals since 1992. I'd love to see it in a season by season graph, as I bet it would show from 1992 to 2003 (Abramovich), that MUFC were outspending everybody and with it came lots of success. Chelsea's graph would be low prior to 2003 then an Everest peak and big spending thereafter. City's would show little spending pre2008 and then big spending. What am I getting at, that the big spenders get success and since the start of the Premier and big tv money, nobody benifitted more than ManU until foreign money came in to rock the boat...ever wondered why ManU didn't win the top tier from 1967 till 1993 (26 years!)...also ever wondered why the Premier was formed (instigated by Mufc, 2 scouse teams, Arse and Spurs...opposed by Ken Bates Chelsea and others), yep, to the keep the big money to themselves and no more sharing with the rest of the Football League.

For the majority of the Premier years ManU have been the money team. And that's a fact. Im not sure many fans begrudged ManU, as that was the way it was back then until Chelsea came in to the money and everybody cried Chelsea bought their success, of course they did, same as all the big teams did since the 80s.

Found this article which is interesting

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/08/how-chelsea-ruined-football/

why's that?

£14,183,261

And that's a fact. laugh.png [emoji23][emoji23]

redrus

II think you need to look at it on a season by season basis, a team could spend 200m in a summer but another team spends 400m and finish above you your titles vs transfer spends is then skewed. You also do not take in to consideration wages which is a big indicator of success also. You also do not consider turn-over which is also an indicator of a team's ability to spend on wages.

You can compare spending to league position and see consistent patterns. It is also the cost of the entire squad in that season, not just the summer spending. I'll come back to you on this later tonight.

You only need look at Liverpool's turnover compared to Manchester Untied to see we are not in the same financial bracket, look at our stadium match day takings compared to Arsenal of United, look at the financial wealth of the owners of City and Chelsea to see we are not in their financial bracket.

United can spend 60M on one player, and bring a another loan player in and spend £346,000 a week on his wages, Liverpool cannot do that.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

why's that?

£14,183,261

And that's a fact. laugh.png [emoji23][emoji23]

redrus

II think you need to look at it on a season by season basis, a team could spend 200m in a summer but another team spends 400m and finish above you your titles vs transfer spends is then skewed. You also do not take in to consideration wages which is a big indicator of success also. You also do not consider turn-over which is also an indicator of a team's ability to spend on wages.

You can compare spending to league position and see consistent patterns. It is also the cost of the entire squad in that season, not just the summer spending. I'll come back to you on this later tonight.

You only need look at Liverpool's turnover compared to Manchester Untied to see we are not in the same financial bracket, look at our stadium match day takings compared to Arsenal of United, look at the financial wealth of the owners of City and Chelsea to see we are not in their financial bracket.

United can spend 60M on one player, and bring a another loan player in and spend £346,000 a week on his wages, Liverpool cannot do that.

So what you are saying Bob is you have over spent to try to compete with the big 4 now, and in reality you should have spent on redeveloping Anfield and followed Arsenals path who built a new stadium and has competed without spending to much, by the way United has been on par spending wise with all the other teams, only this season we have imho spent to much, and funny the our main two buys cannot get in our starting 11.

I was thinking about who we may go for in the summer.

With a view to the future and the potential importance of English players, supply and demand is obviously going to drive prices sky high.

I think players like Sterling and Barclay are overpriced.

I think we should go for Clyne. I also think we should try for the Everton pair Stones and Garbutt, both exceptional players. I also believe we should promote Rekik to our first team squad. Get rid of Kolarov and Sagna and Boyata.

I think the kid Aarons from Newcastle is worth investing in. I saw him earlier in the season before he got injured. He is quick and delivers a good ball. Would cost a fraction of Sterling.

The player I WOULD spend money on, is De Bruyne. Definite upgrade on Nasri. Great player.

Just some early thoughts.

With a view to the future and the potential importance of English players, supply and demand is obviously going to drive prices sky high.

I think we should go for Clyne. I also think we should try for the Everton pair Stones and Garbutt, both exceptional players. I also believe we should promote Rekik to our first team squad. Get rid of Kolarov and Sagna and Boyata.

I think the kid Aarons from Newcastle is worth investing in. I saw him earlier in the season before he got injured. He is quick and delivers a good ball. Would cost a fraction of Sterling.

The player I WOULD spend money on, is De Bruyne. Definite upgrade on Nasri. Great player.

Going to be a very interesting off season for city, I can see you doing similar to us with 6 or 7 in and around the same amount leaving.

Do you ththink Yaya will be gone this season?I am sure he wanted out last season and has only been trying when he can be ar*ed.

Going to be a very interesting off season for city, I can see you doing similar to us with 6 or 7 in and around the same amount leaving.

Do you ththink Yaya will be gone this season?I am sure he wanted out last season and has only been trying when he can be ar*ed.

Personally I hope he goes. Birthday Cake saga and off season shananigans with his agent, and him not coming out and distancing himself from ludicrous comments from his agent, meant that for me to forgive him he had to have an exeptional season. He hasnt done that, in fact in my eyes he is now a liability. Problem is who will pay a 31 yr old 225,000 a week?

Inter want him but wont pay 225k a week. Talk of them offering him a 5yr contract with less money per week but unlikely he will accept that.

^

Felt the same way about Rooney, all the morals of a dead cat and I won't sing his name but, all credit to him he has put in an awesome shift this season.

You will be better without Toure.

redrus

^

Felt the same way about Rooney, all the morals of a dead cat and I won't sing his name but, all credit to him he has put in an awesome shift this season.

You will be better without Toure.

redrus

Thing is with Rooney, when all that stuff was going on up until now, he has never given less than 100%

When Tevez refused to come on as sub.... disgraceful, but I forgave him because when he was on the pitch he always gave it his all.

Toure is not in the same league..... gifted but rarely gives it 100%. That is unforgiveable in my eyes

So.... who do you think Klopp is going to spend Sheikh Yerbooty's stolen swag on then?

Arsenal's finest.

Nah, you can have our cast offs as usual and overpay wildly for them. How's that Sagna working out for you?

tongue.png

So.... who do you think Klopp is going to spend Sheikh Yerbooty's stolen swag on then?

Arsenal's finest.

Nah, you can have our cast offs as usual and overpay wildly for them. How's that Sagna working out for you?

tongue.png

Didn't rate Sagna at Arse, don't rate him at City, but as an experienced player used to playing at the top end of the Premier, he was worth a punt. His trouble for us, is he freezes when he crosses the halfway live...Zaba he ain't.

And bloody Nasri, chuffed to bits when he went City, odorous toad.

redrus

Think all City fans will agree with the odurous toad bit, but he's been a vital part of winning two Championships since 2011 though he's only performed occasionally to his best this season. Said it before on here, I would have loved it if we'd got Fabregas and moved Nasri on last summer.

• Like 1

Arsenal's finest.

tongue.png

Didn't rate Sagna at Arse, don't rate him at City, but as an experienced player used to playing at the top end of the Premier, he was worth a punt. His trouble for us, is he freezes when he crosses the halfway live...Zaba he ain't.

I suppose when you are spending someone else's money, you're allowed to call 20m a "punt".

cheesy.gif

Arsenal's finest.

tongue.png

I suppose when you are spending someone else's money, you're allowed to call 20m a "punt".

cheesy.gif

Like a dog with a bone ain't ya.

• Like 1