Manchester City

mrbojangles

But since City pay wildly over the odds for everyone else why not pay wildly over the odds for Bale? biggrin.png

Spot on carmine, it's not their money so they don't care how much they spend.

thumbsup.gif

Do you think the Premier or EUFA know we're spending money which isn't ours...expect big EUFA ban soon cause Chicog tipped 'em off

cheesy.gif

Who prefers Milner over Bale!!!!? laugh.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

I do. If we had a chance to buy either, knowing what I do of Jimmy these past seasons I'd definitely prefer him.

Every great team needs a couple of Milners, Zabas, Alan Oakes (google him)...the grit aggression workrate will to win holds a team together.

But your not a great team biggrin.png

But anyway that's obviously why he only played 18 Premiership games ! how many games do you think Bale would play if he signed for you ?

So do we now know Alan Oakes?

Not sure where you are getting " he only played 18 Premiership games"; Wiki has him down as playing in 45 games last season for City (of which 32 were Premier and 8 were Champions League).

I don't actually know Oakes but i remember him, good club player, wasn't good enough for England but nor are a lot of players !

Sorry he only started 18 Premiership games but super sub for 14 !!! so obviously a good squad player !

You didn't answer the question about Bale by the way rolleyes.gif

Edited by alfieconn

I do. If we had a chance to buy either, knowing what I do of Jimmy these past seasons I'd definitely prefer him.

Every great team needs a couple of Milners, Zabas, Alan Oakes (google him)...the grit aggression workrate will to win holds a team together.

But anyway that's obviously why he only played 18 Premiership games ! how many games do you think Bale would play if he signed for you ?

Not sure where you are getting " he only played 18 Premiership games"; Wiki has him down as playing in 45 games last season for City (of which 32 were Premier and 8 were Champions League).

I don't actually know Oakes but i remember him, good club player, wasn't good enough for England but nor are a lot of players !

Sorry he only started 18 Premiership games but super sub for 14 !!! so obviously a good squad player !

Oakesy holds City's record appearances...a Gareth Barry type with a wicked shot.

Milner equals the ultimate squad/team player (think there's only one position he hasn't played for City). I think its fair to say that lots of City fans didn't agree with Pelle not starting him..I would have started him always over Nasri and Navas but its taken Pelle a while to see through Nasri, he still seems to rate Navas as dependable, and he was slow to value Milner. The season we bought Milner I remember thinking why did we buy him, what does he do, and it took him a while to get to grips with being a City player but ask ANY City fan and i'll bet the they'll admit last season to repeatedly thinking "Get Jimmy on". Can only assume he's moving on to Liverpool over City or Arsenal as he's been promised a central midfield role there but for me its his weakest position; he can do it but he aint standout in that position, he needs to use his energy and ability to attack and defend in a wide position (brilliant at supporting his fullback).

But since City pay wildly over the odds for everyone else why not pay wildly over the odds for Bale? biggrin.png

Spot on carmine, it's not their money so they don't care how much they spend.

thumbsup.gif

Do you think the Premier or EUFA know we're spending money which isn't ours...expect big EUFA ban soon cause Chicog tipped 'em off

cheesy.gif

* UEFA

coffee1.gif

Who prefers Milner over Bale!!!!? laugh.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

You didn't answer the question about Bale by the way rolleyes.gif

I already answered with "Would he get in City's team as of today? Yes I think he would because we don't have a left sided wide player and the only wide player we have is Navas". How many games do I think Bale would play in. Pretty much all of them, similar to Milner with his 45 games last season. I'm impressed that you're interested in what I think, cheers ;-)

youse lot of drongoes need a quik fix!!!!

milner is off and gone. very best of luck to himsmile.png

bale will never join m,city,while my sweet ass is pointing to the ground .

and pelle will be punted by the end of next season, chew some fat on that!!!!

All this Bale talk is absolutely nonsensical. He doesn't play for us, hopefully we won't buy him (at least for stupid money). So what is the point. I'd sooner talk about someone else who won't be a City player, like Messi.

Now Messi would get in our side tongue.png

Oh that's right.

Pick the only player in the world who's better than Bale.

:D

• Like 1

All this Bale talk is absolutely nonsensical. He doesn't play for us, hopefully we won't buy him (at least for stupid money). So what is the point. I'd sooner talk about someone else who won't be a City player, like Messi.

Oh that's right.

So YOU believe Bale is the 2nd best player in the world. Bloody hell!

• Like 1

THANK YOU RICHARD DUNNE

Manchester City owes a debt of gratitude to Richard Dunne who has retired from football this week. Where would City be without Dunney who was a brilliant defender for us? We wouldn't have stayed up, that's for sure and probably would not be enjoying the success that we are enjoying now. He bravely put his body on the line, literally shedding blood for the cause. Dunney joined us for £3m from Everton in the autumn 2000 as Joe Royles newly promoted side struggled to consolidate in the Premier League, and made an immediate return to the 2nd Division. Not surprisingly, Dunne took a while to settle, and was tried both in central defence and even at right back, as Richard Edghill struggled and Laurent Charvet did little to justify his wages.Dunney featured with more success on the right side of Citys 3 man back line as Kevin Keegan built an exciting side that ran away with the Championship with some thrilling football in 2001/02, and after promotion back to the top flight, went on to consolidate in 9th place.Dunney still had his disciplinary issues and was lucky not to be sacked by Kevin Keegan in 2003. Indeed he looked to be carrying a bit of extra weight, but he sorted himself out, bucked up his attitude, lost weight after an intensive fitness programme, and became not only an excellent, dependable central defender, but also four times City Player of the Year (2004/05, 2005/06, 2006/07 and 2007/08). He formed a brilliant, classic right foot/left foot partnership with Sylvain Distin as Kevin Keegans City established itself and fought to stay in the Premier League. They were excellent together as a central defensive pair in a 4-4-2 formation. They had to be as the money ran out, and City became more and more reliant on having a good defence, as relegation struggles were more and more common. Dunney was handed the captaincy in 2006 after Distins contract negotiations broke down, and both seamlessly continued their successful partnership for another season until his partner moved on. Under Svenn Goran Eriksson, he subsequently formed another good partnership with Micah Richards, with the captain moving across to left-sided centre back. He finally moved on to Villa in 2009 after Garry Cooke disgracefully and disrespectfully poured scorn on his marketability in Beijing.Strong both in the air and on the ground, not to mention brave and fearless, he gave his all, and this was well appreciated by the Blue faithful (even if there was the odd occasional own goal!), He was frequently lauded with:Hes here, hes there, hes every ****ing whereRichard Dunne, Richard DunneDeceptively quick, his best game was a draw at Arsenal when he kept Thierry Henry quiet....no mean feat, and there were many other games where he excelled. Thank you Richard Dunne, City legend, for a job very well done indeed.Richard Dunne: City career (2000-2009): 296 League games, 7 goals; 352 City games in total, 7 goals.

MCIVTA

Oh that's right.

Gone fishin'.

:lol:

• Like 1

I guess Jimmy will be Liverpool's player with the most Premier medals, guess their only one would be Kolo...did I miss any one?

Baring in mind all your success was simply bought with oil revenues i'd have thought you would show a bit more humility lest you be reminded just how two bob you were without your new sugar daddy.

Come to think of it, with all your star talent buoyed by your massive wage bill you weren't half crap last season.

really pisses me off when the leagues lottery winners get so above themselves.

I guess Jimmy will be Liverpool's player with the most Premier medals, guess their only one would be Kolo...did I miss any one?

Baring in mind all your success was simply bought with oil revenues i'd have thought you would show a bit more humility lest you be reminded just how two bob you were without your new sugar daddy.

Come to think of it, with all your star talent buoyed by your massive wage bill you weren't half crap last season.

Give over Carms. For three decades we were the butt of pish takes and even mastered the art of taking the pish out of ourselves better than anybody else. This is just light hearted banter and no, we haven't forgotten Liverpool's history and the fact it would take another 20 or 30 years to catch up on what they have already won.

Oh that's right.

biggrin.png

BB, I have an advantage over you in that I have met smokes and know his warped sense of humour. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Oh that's right.

Gone fishin'.

:lol:

Yep...same same ly wan...caught me quite a few ;-)

• Like 1

Would that be the same humility that fans of the other teams that have won the Championship the past 30 years have shown?

Wouldn't have struck a nerve would I?

Give over Carms. For three decades we were the butt of pish takes and even mastered the art of taking the pish out of ourselves better than anybody else. This is just light hearted banter and no, we haven't forgotten Liverpool's history and the fact it would take another 20 or 30 years to catch up on what they have already won.

Spot on!

Seems City fans are supposed to keep quiet when we win and suck it up when we lose or are crap for years. Fans of teams that have been successful during our period of crapness seem to consider themselves above the likes of City and others; I don't find that from chelsea fans though.

And of course we'll never forget when Liverpool were the best team in England, we can live with that and appreciate those great teams; I'll never forget, as it was during my teenager impressionable years. Football is cyclable so it's likely Liverpool will be champions again soon (a couple of 2nds is proof of that).

Not sure what got Carmine so riled, seemed like a fair question to me. If he's a Liverpool fan maybe he could answer it, I was only curious.

Spot on!

Seems City fans are supposed to keep quiet when we win and suck it up when we lose or are crap for years. Fans of teams that have been successful during our period of crapness seem to consider themselves above the likes of City and others; I don't find that from chelsea fans though.

And of course we'll never forget when Liverpool were the best team in England, we can live with that and appreciate those great teams; I'll never forget, as it was during my teenager impressionable years. Football is cyclable so it's likely Liverpool will be champions again soon (a couple of 2nds is proof of that).

Not sure what got Carmine so riled, seemed like a fair question to me. If he's a Liverpool fan maybe he could answer it, I was only curious.

Premiers:

Milner x 2

Kolo x 2

Balotelli x 1

Sturridge x 1

Johnson x 1

We really are so lucky to have the owners we have.

When Khaldoon talks, he comes across as genuine and says all the right things.

Great article and looks like an exciting season ahead.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-chief-khaldoon-al-5860853

PS, although this article doesnt show it...... he actually said in the interview on City TV with regards to last season

'Disappointing for everyone involved with the club - (owner) Sheik Mansour, myself, the board, the management team, Manuel, the players and of course above all the fans.

'I think to end the season empty handed - this is not what we have built here. What we have designed here is a winning organisation so from that prospective it was disappointing and I think it is a testament to how far we have gone.

'The expectations now are where they should be.'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-chief-khaldoon-al-5860853

PS, although this article doesnt show it...... he actually said in the interview on City TV with regards to last season

'Disappointing for everyone involved with the club - (owner) Sheik Mansour, myself, the board, the management team, Manuel, the players and of course above all the fans.

'I think to end the season empty handed - this is not what we have built here. What we have designed here is a winning organisation so from that prospective it was disappointing and I think it is a testament to how far we have gone.

I also like Khaldoon; he's young but very impressive. His statement above really sums it up and is so right. When the Sheik took over, if you remember, the media, the feeling then, was that this is City, and turning the club around and competing competitively could not be done, it was all talk and would end up in tears. How wrong they all were and apart from the Nedums mum abuse and Kaka bottled it incidents (both Cook) they've barely put a foot wrong in 7 years, a brilliant 7 years! Edited by Bredbury Blue

Apparently we have asked the Premier League for the opening day fixture to be an away game, to ensure the expansion of the ground is complete.

Manchester City ask Premier League for opening-day away game as they expand Etihad Stadium

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-ask-premier-league-5853990

...and we still have the opposite end to increase the seating in the future if needed.

I also like Khaldoon; he's young but very impressive. His statement above really sums it up and is so right. When the Sheik took over, if you remember, the media, the feeling then, was that this is City, and turning the club around and competing competitively could not be done, it was all talk and would end up in tears. How wrong they all were and apart from the Nedums mum abuse and Kaka bottled it incidents (both Cook) they've barely put a foot wrong in 7 years, a brilliant 7 years!

you are about to have a massive blow to your egos etc etc, pelle your esteemed mngr has nt got the fight to acheive your dreams,he and m/city bottled it, in squeaky bum time

again pelle will not be there next season(2016/2017),despite all the sugar coating coming from the top,,they could not find a suitable replacement ,thats why he is still there

just marking time for pepe and company

9/11 Reading City eh... little side bet Mr.B..swear I will send you a cheque if I loose....a tenner says we win, same if you do..draw null and void....you up for it Mate

Come on TP, you've got to give me the draw. You are playing at home. I'll give it you when you come to our place.

Still looking to recoup something from "The Goat" what a waste of money he was

Yeah, pity really. He was a fantastic servant for us sad.gif

Typical bloody northerner! :lol:

I also like Khaldoon; he's young but very impressive. His statement above really sums it up and is so right. When the Sheik took over, if you remember, the media, the feeling then, was that this is City, and turning the club around and competing competitively could not be done, it was all talk and would end up in tears. How wrong they all were and apart from the Nedums mum abuse and Kaka bottled it incidents (both Cook) they've barely put a foot wrong in 7 years, a brilliant 7 years!

you are about to have a massive blow to your egos etc etc, pelle your esteemed mngr has nt got the fight to acheive your dreams,he and m/city bottled it, in squeaky bum time

again pelle will not be there next season(2016/2017),despite all the sugar coating coming from the top,,they could not find a suitable replacement ,thats why he is still there

Your 1st paragraph: Pelle has not done too badly over 2 seasons. You like that English term 'bottled it" don't ya.

Your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs: That is the general consensus of opinion.

Your 1st paragraph: Pelle has not done too badly over 2 seasons. You like that English term 'bottled it" don't ya.

Your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs: That is the general consensus of opinion

Responding to you BB, as opposed to getting into a debate with Coco The Clown...........

I am not a great fan of Pelle, but it was always the plan to change managers after 3 years.... the owners have stated this many times...... on the balance of his first 2 years, he probably just about deserves his 3rd year. I think had City really wanted Klopp, they could have got him, but I am convinced they are waiting for Pep.

As for City bottling it. Pure nonsense. Had we been a team of bottlers, we would not have caught Liverpool, nor would we have beat QPR. Last season we just didnt play well enough, with players like Yaya and Kompany having nightmares

Edited by JacknDanny

As for City bottling it. Pure nonsense. Had we been a team of bottlers, we would not have caught Liverpool, nor would we have beat QPR. Last season we just didnt play well enough, with players like Yaya and Kompany having nightmares

Absolutely jack.

We won the most points of the division in the run in, "bottlers" don't do that.

post-19542-0-65904700-1434003507_thumb.j

Your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs: That is the general consensus of opinion

Responding to you BB, as opposed to getting into a debate with Coco The Clown...........

I am not a great fan of Pelle, but it was always the plan to change managers after 3 years.... the owners have stated this many times...... on the balance of his first 2 years, he probably just about deserves his 3rd year. I think had City really wanted Klopp, they could have got him, but I am convinced they are waiting for Pep.

I'm also not a great fan of Pelle the manager but as a man I think he has a lot of admirable qualities. As for him as a manager, we as fans have limited vision in to managers, for example we don't know their input in player purchases, player 'wellbeing' and really can only judge them on team/squad selection, tactics and use of substitutions. Here I often find myself frustrated with Pelles substitutions but then like most fans I disagree with most of our managers on use of subs. It was also very frustrating to go in to games 442 in his 2nd season every game regardless of opponents...that to me is naive (they say Wenger takes this approach, whereas Maureen seems to set up his team based upon his expectations of his opponent), however in the later part of last seaon he seemed to have learnt to change his formation.

My biggest complaint during Pelles reign is purchases which haven't been as good as during Bobby Mancs time, partially because of recent FFP restrictions, but it seems to me despite Bobbys complaints at the time that purchases then were better than the puchases since by the 2 spaniards - I think they have alot to answer for.

I also think Pelle deserves a 3rd season based on his previous 2 seasons performance, his 3 yr contract and we seem to have set our stall out for Pep.