Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well a bad day for Manchester so no bragging rights. But Luke Shaw. Poor sod, that looks like ligaments and six months.

I never like to see that, looked so innocuous at full speed.

Thought Vincent got away with it for the first goal, but Juve as usual bunch of whingers.

Oh City indeed!

Thought that was an excellent 'italian style' game by Juventus.

I thought a draw would have been the right result.

Got it all to do...again.

was a fair game that came to life in the second half,a draw i dont know,juve.scored all three,so take away man.c.goal and that old man in goal BUFFOON then it could have been.

Thanks for spoiling my enjoyment of the replay of the Man U game BBdry.png . Have been avoiding news programs and relevant ThaiV threads all morning and thought it was safe to come on here, having seen the City tired display. I'll learn that lesson for the future!

Sterling useless last night also. No way should City's goal have stood.

Shaping up to be another bad season for the so-called best league in the world? [early days I know].

Well a bad day for Manchester so no bragging rights. But Luke Shaw. Poor sod, that looks like ligaments and six months.

I never like to see that, looked so innocuous at full speed.

Thought Vincent got away with it for the first goal, but Juve as usual bunch of whingers.

Ow, Double Fracture!

Him and Wilshere can both book themselves long holidays....

Thanks for spoiling my enjoyment of the replay of the Man U game BBdry.png . Have been avoiding news programs and relevant ThaiV threads all morning and thought it was safe to come on here, having seen the City tired display. I'll learn that lesson for the future!

Shaping up to be another bad season for the so-called best league in the world? [early days I know].

49m boy wonder is still raw and somewhat inexperienced and found it very difficult "stepping up a level" to play a relatively weakened Juve side. Remember that midfield no longer consits of Vidal and Pirlo.

As i've said before, he has the potential but is a way away from proving he can do it a CL level which is the highest quality football offers. Given time he may well become the finished article bit when i hear people calling him world class i know i'm listening to a load of <deleted>

Personally I'd enjoy watching it more knowing in advance ManU lost ;-)

Sterling was poor last night, a first for us. He was extremely lightweight, constantly knocked off the ball, poor decision making when to hold it or pass it, but most of all he's like Navas in that you DON'T expect him to put his chances away (though fair play to Buffon who made some excellent saves). Sterling and Nasri didn't do themselves any favours last night.

There was a difference in attitudes I thought between the sides last night. They look composed and happy to draw or win. We looked overawed AGAIN and as usual try to hard for a win when smarter teams would take a draw.

49m boy wonder is still raw and somewhat inexperienced and found it very difficult "stepping up a level" to play a relatively weakened Juve side. Remember that midfield no longer consits of Vidal and Pirlo.

As i've said before, he has the potential but is a way away from proving he can do it a CL level which is the highest quality football offers. Given time he may well become the finished article bit when i hear people calling him world class i know i'm listening to a load of <deleted>

In fairness to Sterling, only Fernandinho came out of the game favourably, even Silva couldn't get a touch of the ball 1st half.

Sterling will improve I'm sure, his decision-making of when to hold or pass will improve as he gets more experience, the only side of his game he really needs to work on is finishing; he never looks like he gets a clean hit on the ball.

In fairness to Sterling, only Fernandinho came out of the game favourably, even Silva couldn't get a touch of the ball 1st half.

Sterling will improve I'm sure, his decision-making of when to hold or pass will improve as he gets more experience, the only side of his game he really needs to work on is finishing; he never looks like he gets a clean hit on the ball.

Welcome to Raheem's Worldbiggrin.png

This is what worries me. I don't care if it looks like he has ballet slippers on when dribbling but the finishing is woeful. Always with the let me see if I can steer this in at the far post rather than blasting. facepalm.gif

oh city.

juventus are a good side but pellegrini, much as i like him, just seems lacking in top level nouse. juventus are a very good side actually, let's give credit where it's due.

Pellegrini's shown an inability to switch tactics during a game in the premier league, let alone his clear shortcomings at CL level.

He also shows a lack of bottle at times, memorably when City were one nil at home to an average ten man Man United.

Good manager. gentlemen, but nothing special.

oh city.

juventus are a good side but pellegrini, much as i like him, just seems lacking in top level nouse. juventus are a very good side actually, let's give credit where it's due.

Pellegrini's shown an inability to switch tactics during a game in the premier league, let alone his clear shortcomings at CL level.

He also shows a lack of bottle at times, memorably when City were one nil at home to an average ten man Man United.

You'll get no arguments from me there carms. His tactics frustrate me at times and as I posted before the match the other day, I thought he had got the line up wrong (taking into account who was injured).

One thing I need to add though, is that he should have got recognition for winning the league in his first ever season in the prem.

oh city.

You'll get no arguments from me there carms. His tactics frustrate me at times and as I posted before the match the other day, I thought he had got the line up wrong (taking into account who was injured).

One thing I need to add though, is that he should have got recognition for winning the league in his first ever season in the prem.

You'll get no arguments from me also. Sometimes his tactics and/or personnel can be off. We played with several passengers the other night and it was obvious a halftime change was needed but he waited until they scored before making the change. Once we were ahead he should have gone Italian and closed it out.

There have only been a few special managers in the past 20 years...clough..fergie..maureen..but even they don't get it right all the time.