Manchester City

mrbojangles

I was very impressed with Mark Noble when intervened with timewasting Jenkinson...not something you see happen very often. Respect.

"Mark Noble wasnt in any mood to tolerate time-wasting even if it was to help his own team! Total respect for the Hammers skipper, as he picked up Carl Jenkinson off the ground while the Arsenal loanee was presumably time-wasting during the dying minutes of West Hams impressive 2-1 win over Manchester City."

WATCH: http://www.thickaccent.com/2015/09/20/fairplay-west-ham-skipper-mark-noble-stops-carl-jenkison-from-time-wasting-during-man-city-win-vine/

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Think the Guardian live report summed it up best:

"A magnificent defensive performance from West Ham, but it must be noted that City were incredibly unlucky with some of the deflections. On another day some of them would have flown in, but they didnt, and Winston Reid, Adrian, Noble and Payet should be carried from the field shoulder-high.

And City really werent that bad. They will play much worse than that and win games this season, but that luck, some brilliant defending and some wasteful attacking converged to see them lose their first league game of the season.

But still, this West Ham away record is absolutely extraordinary. Theyve had three of their five toughest away games of the season in their first three trips, and theyve won them all. Arsenal, Liverpool and nowManchester City all done, defeated and sent away. Appointing Slaven Bilic to replace Sam Allardyce seemed like a gamble, but while these are early days, its paying off rather nicely at the moment."

• Like 1

For Chicoq,

This City team is the most expensive ever assembled in English football, culminating in a spend for the sheik of 1bn quid over the past 7 years.

Thats a lot of dough on a footie team.......

The previous most expensive was a ManU team last season.

So... no transfer fees, Salary cap, Draft.

Good or bad?

For Chicoq,

This City team is the most expensive ever assembled in English football, culminating in a spend for the sheik of 1bn quid over the past 7 years.

Thats a lot of dough on a footie team.......

The previous most expensive was a ManU team last season.

So... no transfer fees, Salary cap, Draft.

Good or bad?

In America they can have a salary cap, draft, etc, as they aren't competing against other leagues or countries. If you have a salary cap/draft in the Premier, then you'd have to have a respective salary cap/draft in each english league and European league which ain't gonna happen.

I'm sure when player transfers were introduced, the first £10,000.. £100,000... £1,000,000...etc, similar comments were made. Not sure anything will change. It's always been throughout the professional games history that the richest teams succeed...isn't that why the Big 5 as they were known (Arse, 2 scousers, ManU & Spurs) instigated the breakaway from the Football League which resulted in the Premier, to keep most of the money (tv and matchday) and maintain that they were wealthiest and successful.

I don't usually comment on other teams except ManU, but I watched the Chelsea v Arse game, just seen the Wenger and Mourinho interviews, and I feel very upset for Arsenal and Wenger for the way cheating Costa stage managed the sending off. Costa needs to be penalised by the FA next week..Mourinhos comments. ..absolutely rubbish.

Rant over.

Let's hope Costa is investigated by the FA this week and gets the lengthy suspension he really deserves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11876928/Seven-photos-that-prove-Diego-Costa-got-away-with-it-against-Arsenal.html

Think the Guardian live report summed it up best:

"A magnificent defensive performance from West Ham, but it must be noted that City were incredibly unlucky with some of the deflections. On another day some of them would have flown in, but they didnt, and Winston Reid, Adrian, Noble and Payet should be carried from the field shoulder-high.

And City really werent that bad. They will play much worse than that and win games this season, but that luck, some brilliant defending and some wasteful attacking converged to see them lose their first league game of the season.

But still, this West Ham away record is absolutely extraordinary. Theyve had three of their five toughest away games of the season in their first three trips, and theyve won them all. Arsenal, Liverpool and nowManchester City all done, defeated and sent away. Appointing Slaven Bilic to replace Sam Allardyce seemed like a gamble, but while these are early days, its paying off rather nicely at the moment."

Yeah pretty much spot on that BB. Very frustrating, particularly the second half. Just one of those days when it was refusing to go in the net. 27 shots to their 6 and about 72% possession says a lot about how we played but it's gotta go in the net.

Well done Hammers

I don't usually comment on other teams except ManU, but I watched the Chelsea v Arse game, just seen the Wenger and Mourinho interviews, and I feel very upset for Arsenal and Wenger for the way cheating Costa stage managed the sending off. Costa needs to be penalised by the FA next week..Mourinhos comments. ..absolutely rubbish.

Rant over.

Let's hope Costa is investigated by the FA this week and gets the lengthy suspension he really deserves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11876928/Seven-photos-that-prove-Diego-Costa-got-away-with-it-against-Arsenal.html

I doubt it.

I've got some yes but you haven't answered my question.

Why re you haranguing the City thread on this subject Chicog? It concerns all clubs, not just City, so why should we only answer your question. You started a thread on the subject, let it run in there if anyone wants to discuss.

Why re you haranguing the City thread on this subject Chicog? It concerns all clubs, not just City, so why should we only answer your question. You started a thread on the subject, let it run in there if anyone wants to discuss.

Sure, I'll eagerly await the responses there.

gigglem.gif

Sure, I'll eagerly await the responses there.

gigglem.gif

Many thanks for your co-operation.

Rant over.

gosh B/B, you said the rant was over,

but now, you have just put the boot in, for good measure

having a off day are u ??? with m/city hammered to their first defeat ,and particular at home,

and why do you seek the sanctuary of your beloved m/city thread ??? to post two arsenal/chelsea related topics ,which surely belong to their threads , for any discussionsmile.png

its a hammers good afternoon to all my readersbiggrin.png

Rant over.

having a off day are u ??? with m/city hammered to their first defeat ,and particular at home,

and why do you seek the sanctuary of your beloved m/city thread ??? to post two arsenal/chelsea related topics ,which surely belong to their threads , for any discussionsmile.png

Simple answer Evan is that I saw the Telegraph link today so I added it to my post of yesterday. Why did I "seek the sanctuary"...well not really, I just posted on here as I thought at that time and I'm not one of the majority of posters on these forums who goes on other teams forums for mischief making to windup...that in my book is childish...so I tend to stay on here. Ok?

As for our game, I've posted at length my thoughts. Have a read.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Simple answer Evan is that I saw the Telegraph link today so I added it to my post of yesterday. Why did I "seek the sanctuary"...well not really, I just posted on here as I thought at that time and I'm not one of the majority of posters on these forums who goes on other teams forums for mischief making to windup...that in my book is childish...so I tend to stay on here. Ok?

simple answer B/B, is that both of your posts are off topic,by being placed on the m/city thread,

J.M.O. i find it childish or a cheap shot, that u can seek the safety of your beloved m/city thread, to have a rant (and u said it not me) to save yourself the embarassment of a wind up, or mischeif

comments, that u may receive, by posting on either , the arsenal/chelsea thread, which would have been on topic, and open for discussion,thats what a forum is all about, is,nt it???

have a nice afternoonsmile.png

Edited by evenstevens

simple answer B/B, is that both of your posts are off topic,by being placed on the m/city thread,

J.M.O. i find it childish or a cheap shot, that u can seek the safety of your beloved m/city thread, to have a rant (and u said it not me) to save yourself the embarassment of a wind up, or mischeif

comments, that u may receive, by posting on either , the arsenal/chelsea thread, which would have been on topic, and open for discussion,thats what a forum is all about, is,nt it???

have a nice afternoonsmile.png

Here's the way I see it Evan, and I might be right, I might be wrong. The City forum is for City fans to discuss what they want. As most of you non Man City fans come on here anyway (you're proving that fact), you can discuss it if you so wish. I see little point in posting on the Arsenal forum as clearly they will agree with my comments and vice versa the Chelsea fans on the Chelsea forum. I've read YOUR particular comments on the sending off, Costa and Mourinho and clearly I do not agree...suggest we leave it at that or you can respond.

Cheers great Evan Stevens ;-)

Here's the way I see it Evan, and I might be right, I might be wrong. The City forum is for City fans to discuss what they want. As most of you non Man City fans come on here anyway (you're proving that fact), you can discuss it if you so wish. I see little point in posting on the Arsenal forum as clearly they will agree with my comments and vice versa the Chelsea fans on the Chelsea forum. I've read YOUR particular comments on the sending off, Costa and Mourinho and clearly I do not agree...suggest we leave it at that or you can respond.

stop selling E/S porky pies!!!!

m/city thread is for all members.to contribute to related m/city storys etc etc, not just m/city fans, to dicuss what they want!!!!! , its about being on topic

sure there are times when it gets derailed ,but generally it gets back on track, or on topic, in due course

your two posts are clearly not related to m/city in anyway, you are using the m/city thread as a sheild to deflect any flak, that may come your way

u have read my post on the costa/mou gig ( c/sea thread)and u don.t agree, thats fine ,but be a man and leave your safe haven, and debate them!!!!!!!!

or forever, hold your peace

stop selling E/S porky pies!!!!

m/city thread is for all members.to contribute to related m/city storys etc etc, not just m/city fans, to dicuss what they want!!!!! , its about being on topic

sure there are times when it gets derailed ,but generally it gets back on track, or on topic, in due course

your two posts are clearly not related to m/city in anyway, you are using the m/city thread as a sheild to deflect any flak, that may come your way

u have read my post on the costa/mou gig ( c/sea thread)and u don.t agree, thats fine ,but be a man and leave your safe haven, and debate them!!!!!!!!

or forever, hold your peace

1. I have stated above what I think the Man City forum (or any team's forum) is for. Of course non City fans are welcome to contribute. The forums in my opinion are spoilt by numpties who go on another team's forum to wind up (flame) the fans of that forum. I think we all know who do this and who don't.

2. Don't agree with your other points but have it your way, I'll now post my comments on the Arsenal and Chelsea forums.

Happy now?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

What's gone wrong up top for City?

Aguero probably had his worst City game yesterday and has been one of our weaker players this season. He desperately needs one to go in. I'd give him a run on Tuesday to see if he can get that goal against Sunderland but reckon Pelle will rest him Tuesday to be ready for Spurs on Saturday.

Bony is another one who desperately needs some goals and confidence. We've effectively swapped Dzeko for Bony, but which is better. Bony adds to the teams performance more but doesn't score, whereas Dzeko is a lazy softy but contributes goals.

After Aguero and Bony we've got an untried boy.

Luckily other players are contributing goals.

I think we strengthened in defence with Otamendi, and particularly in midfield with Sterling, Delph and the real-deal KdB (he's won me over already...looks a real player), but it's looking like we might be an experienced goal-contributing forward light.

Three away games in the next 9 days.

Come on City (and fingers crossed SILVA, KOMPANY, Mangala, Nasri, Zaba and Clichy all return soon).

Aguero probably had his worst City game yesterday and has been one of our weaker players this season. He desperately needs one to go in. I'd give him a run on Tuesday to see if he can get that goal against Sunderland but reckon Pelle will rest him Tuesday to be ready for Spurs on Saturday.

Bony is another one who desperately needs some goals and confidence. We've effectively swapped Dzeko for Bony, but which is better. Bony adds to the teams performance more but doesn't score, whereas Dzeko is a lazy softy but contributes goals.

I think we strengthened in defence with Otamendi, and particularly in midfield with Sterling, Delph and the real-deal KdB (he's won me over already...looks a real player), but it's looking like we might be an experienced goal-contributing forward light.

Come on City (and fingers crossed SILVA, KOMPANY, Mangala, Nasri, Zaba and Clichy all return soon).

I'm not going to press the panic button yet BB. Think it was just one of those days when it wasn't going to go in the net, no matter how many attempts.

Totally agree about de Bruyne, I really like the look of him already and Otamendi is an excellent addition.

• Like 1

I'm not going to press the panic button yet BB. Think it was just one of those days when it wasn't going to go in the net, no matter how many attempts.

Totally agree about de Bruyne, I really like the look of him already and Otamendi is an excellent addition.

It was definitely one of those days; 27 attempts, 72% possession and played virtually the whole of the 2nd half in the 35m from WHU goal.

It's often an often used statement, 'a game of 2 halves', but that really was yesterday. I'm still baffled by what was tweaked at halftime to make such a turnaround to our dire 1st half performances.

This week's defeats have shown that you must take your chances; Juventus and WHU took almost all of their few chances, while we took only one out of +30 attempts on goal.

It was definitely one of those days; 27 attempts, 72% possession and played virtually the whole of the 2nd half in the 35m from WHU goal.

I told you to buy Messi.

No sympathy here!

Borussia Monchengladbach: Lucien Favre quits as coach

Lucien Favre has resigned as head coach of Borussia Monchengladbach after they failed to collect a single point from their first five Bundesliga matches.The Swiss, 57, guided Monchengladbach, who are in Manchester City's group in the Champions League, to third place in the Bundesliga last season."I've come to the realisation that the best decision in this situation is for me to step down," Favre said."I no longer feel that I'm the perfect coach for Borussia Monchengladbach."Favre, who previously managed Hertha Berlin, took over as Monchengladbach coach in February 2011 and saved them from relegation in his first season.He added: "I was privileged to lead the club from near-relegation to the Champions League. There were a lot of unbelievable, exhilarating moments."Monchengladbach suffered their fifth consecutive defeat - 1-0 at home to Cologne - on Saturday.