Manchester City

mrbojangles

Looong way to go yet. Chelsea will not haul back 14 points, but too early to call a 2 horse title race. Arsenal are still one injury away from a mini slump (Coquelin or Giroud)

Chelsea are going to find it difficult to finish in the top half, six losses out of eleven is not a blip.

This season could actually be a no contest, with only one horse (City) in the race wink.png

Looong way to go yet. Chelsea will not haul back 14 points, but too early to call a 2 horse title race. Arsenal are still one injury away from a mini slump (Coquelin or Giroud)

Chelsea are going to find it difficult to finish in the top half, six losses out of eleven is not a blip.

This season could actually be a no contest, with only one horse (City) in the race wink.png

You clearly don't know City ;-)

You idiot Kolarov. I had City down for 3-1 and you grabbing the ball off Sterling for the pen just stuffed me.

I dont know what happened there!!

Sterling had the ball, but I saw Bony taking the ball from him or trying to.

Then all of a sudden Kolarov had it!! Screwed my Fantasy teams, as I had both Bony and Sterling in most of my teams.

Obviously no strategies from City re penalties, which surprises me. Bony used to be a regular penalty taker, Kolarov never has been. Bony is an attacker, Kolarov is a defender! Should be a no brainer. Kolarov has missed from the spot before!!

You idiot Kolarov. I had City down for 3-1 and you grabbing the ball off Sterling for the pen just stuffed me.

Then all of a sudden Kolarov had it!! Screwed my Fantasy teams, as I had both Bony and Sterling in most of my teams.

Obviously no strategies from City re penalties, which surprises me. Bony used to be a regular penalty taker, Kolarov never has been. Bony is an attacker, Kolarov is a defender! Should be a no brainer. Kolarov has missed from the spot before!!

Sterling was clearly unhappy about that. Seems there's no chosen PK taker after the top two of Aguero and Yaya.

Also FWIW, Yaya clearly unhappy to be subbed out late though he was pleased enough after the match with praise for everyone on his twitter account.

Manchester City winger Jesus Navas has opted to drive a Nissan Micra to training rather than the kind of luxurious motor traditionally associated with footballers, according to a report.The 29-year-old, who helped his side to a 2-1 victory over Norwich City on Saturday, is said to favour the £8,000 vehicle instead of Range Rovers and Bentleys like many of his teammates.According to The Sun, a source said: "Jesus has a few motors so none of the lads can get their head round why he drives that."It looks a bit funny parked next to all the sports cars. They've had a bit of a laugh at his expense but Jesus has taken it in good spirits."Navas joined Man City from Sevilla in June 2013.

If a Nissan Micra is good enough for my 85 year old Dad, it's good enough for a footballer ;-)

Manchester City winger Jesus Navas has opted to drive a Nissan Micra to training rather than the kind of luxurious motor traditionally associated with footballers, according to a report.The 29-year-old, who helped his side to a 2-1 victory over Norwich City on Saturday, is said to favour the £8,000 vehicle instead of Range Rovers and Bentleys like many of his teammates.According to The Sun, a source said: "Jesus has a few motors so none of the lads can get their head round why he drives that."It looks a bit funny parked next to all the sports cars. They've had a bit of a laugh at his expense but Jesus has taken it in good spirits."Navas joined Man City from Sevilla in June 2013.

If a Nissan Micra is good enough for my 85 year old Dad, it's good enough for a footballer ;-)

Navas couldnt see over the steering wheel of a Range Rover or a Bentley!laugh.png

Micra and Navas are made for each other. Small and nippy, offering F*** All; elsecheesy.gif

I could understand Sterling taking it, as he won it and the two regular takers were off the pitch but if not, then Bony should have insisted on taking it. He should have bumped off Kolarov and said "who's the bladdy striker here, putting the ball in the net is my job and crossing it into me is yours"

• Like 1

Sterling was clearly unhappy about that. Seems there's no chosen PK taker after the top two of Aguero and Yaya.

Also FWIW, Yaya clearly unhappy to be subbed out late though he was pleased enough after the match with praise for everyone on his twitter account.

It was nice seeing Yaya getting annoyed at being taken off, showed he wanted to give more when things were on a knife edge. He was probably asking Pele why are you taking me off when Bony is a lazy git who couldn't hit the back end of a cow with a Banjo

• Like 1

Navas couldnt see over the steering wheel of a Range Rover or a Bentley!laugh.png

Micra and Navas are made for each other. Small and nippy, offering F*** All; elsecheesy.gif

And Bony runs like a Trabant pulling a caravan.

I could understand Sterling taking it, as he won it and the two regular takers were off the pitch but if not, then Bony should have insisted on taking it. He should have bumped off Kolarov and said "who's the bladdy striker here, putting the ball in the net is my job and crossing it into me is yours"

I stand corrected. Even though I dont agree..... here is the list of penalty takers, in order. for City...

Aguero, Toure, Kolarov, Bony

.So I guess Kolarov was within his rights to take it!

I stand corrected. Even though I dont agree..... here is the list of penalty takers, in order. for City...

Interesting that ! I'd like to see Fernandinho in that mix. I wonder what de Bruyne's history of taking PKs is like ?

Gael Clichy and Fabian Delph may be in Manchester City's squad to face Sevilla in Tuesday's Champions League match.Full-back Clichy has overcome an ankle problem, while midfielder Delph has been out since September after injuring his hamstringplaying for England. Midfielder David Silva (ankle) missed training on Monday; Raheem Sterling is expected to start in attack.Striker Sergio Aguero and full-back Pablo Zabaleta will definitely miss the trip to Spain.

Sevilla coach Emery will be without Kevin Gameiro for City's visit after the French forward came off with a muscle injury against Villarreal on Saturday. He is likely to be replaced up front by former Spain striker Fernando Llorente.City defeated the Europa League champions 2-1 when the teams met two weeks ago.

Interesting that ! I'd like to see Fernandinho in that mix. I wonder what de Bruyne's history of taking PKs is like ?

KDB isnt a penalty taker. Only taken 2 in his professional career(scored both), so its obviously not his thing.

Fernandhino isnt your answer. He has missed 6 out of 17.

Bony is far more reliable than Kolarov. Bony has scored 13 out of 16, whereas Kolarov has converted 3 from 6

• Like 1

"Both Gaël Clichy and Fabian Delph are back for Tuesday nights game in a squad still missing Sergio Agüero, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Pablo Zabaleta and yet expected to be too strong for last seasons Europa League winners."

Not sure where the expected to be too strong is coming from, they were easily the stronger team in the 1st leg and unlucky to lose.

My older brother, his lads and friends were having a hell of a time yesterday flying out of Manchester due to fog delay, then plane had to return after 20 minutes due to technical problems. Last I heard they were finally hoping to get going to Madrid at 10pm last night. Hoping it turns in to a decent trip for them.

Pellegrini names three Manchester City players as being among the top six talents he has coached, putting Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Touré alongside Raul, Juan Roman Riquelme and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manuel Pellegrini: Threat of being fired drives me, says Manchester City manager

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/manuel-pellegrini-threat-of-being-fired-drives-me-says-manchester-city-manager-a6718696.html

Pellegrini names three Manchester City players as being among the top six talents he has coached, putting Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Touré alongside Raul, Juan Roman Riquelme and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manuel Pellegrini: Threat of being fired drives me, says Manchester City manager

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/manuel-pellegrini-threat-of-being-fired-drives-me-says-manchester-city-manager-a6718696.html

Imo won't be long b4 he adds sterling to that list.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Imo won't be long b4 he adds sterling to that list.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Might take a bit longer for Sterling. He's far from any sort of finished product at the moment.

What's your starting XI? Mine is:

Hart,

Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov,

Fernando, Fernandinho,

Toure

De Bruyne, Bony, Sterling,

Toure as no.10 going forward, just in front of the Fernand twins when defending.

I think thats the way forward in these European games, especially away from home.

I think Pelle may have more confidence with Navas over Sterling. The fact he used to play for Seville as well, gives him a bit more motivation.

I just hope Pelle has learnt his lesson and doesnt go gung ho and play both Navas AND Sterling instead of Fernando

Just back in BKK today and too beat to find a bar and watch the 3AM kickoff. If anybody knows when a True replay will be shown I'd appreciate the news, though I checked out "Live Soccer" and it looks like I might be out of luck.

Just back in BKK today and too beat to find a bar and watch the 3AM kickoff. If anybody knows when a True replay will be shown I'd appreciate the news, though I checked out "Live Soccer" and it looks like I might be out of luck.

See ya next month I hope jellybean! :)

• Like 1

It looks like ch.667 at noon and ch.668 at 22.00hrs today it's being rerrun.

]

• Like 1

What's your starting XI? Mine is:

Hart,

Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov,

Fernando, Fernandinho,

Toure

De Bruyne, Bony, Sterling,

Toure as no.10 going forward, just in front of the Fernand twins when defending.

I think thats the way forward in these European games, especially away from home.

I think Pelle may have more confidence with Navas over Sterling. The fact he used to play for Seville as well, gives him a bit more motivation.

I just hope Pelle has learnt his lesson and doesnt go gung ho and play both Navas AND Sterling instead of Fernando

It's:

City: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Kompany, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Sterling, Bony.

Subs: Caballero, Clichy, Demichelis, Mangala, Delph, Barker, De Bruyne

Clichy and Delph basically making their starts for the season.

]