Manchester City

mrbojangles

Nasri out for three more months. Certainly not close to an essential cog for City but the more the merrier.

I was thinking about has Nasri ever been seen as a 'must-play' during his time with us, probably not, just a useful player to have to call on but now he's dropped behind Silva, KdB, Yaya, Sterling, Dinho and probably also Navas. Are we missing him now, I don't think think so, as he rarely puts a shift in these days.

I've recently started listening again to Blue Tuesday on Radio Manchester with Ian Cheesman (and this week with Gary Owen, last week with David White). This week's show was about the atmosphere at City's home games. Last week's show was very interesting with Gary James talking about the ongoing city badge discussions. Very enjoyable for a blue and for an hour a week makes me feel like I'm back home again. Give it a go.

Nasri out for three more months. Certainly not close to an essential cog for City but the more the merrier.

I was thinking about has Nasri ever been seen as a 'must-play' during his time with us, probably not, just a useful player to have to call on but now he's dropped behind Silva, KdB, Yaya, Sterling, Dinho and probably also Navas. Are we missing him now, I don't think think so, as he rarely puts a shift in these days.

Yeah, he was certainly more helpful in the past when Silva was unavailable. But that is much less so now with KDB and Delph on board.

Last week's show was very interesting with Gary James talking about the ongoing city badge discussions.

When I went to the stadium last week, there was a portakabin set up for fans to go in and give their views on the badge and look through the history of the club etc. My Saudi mate thought it was very interesting and he told the guy that purely from a foreigners perspective, City should keep the current one as that is what foreigners most recognise. I wouldn't be too bothered if we keep the current one, as long as we get rid of the stars but I'd prefer to revert back to the round one or at least a modern take on it.

Last week's show was very interesting with Gary James talking about the ongoing city badge discussions.

When I went to the stadium last week, there was a portakabin set up for fans to go in and give their views on the badge and look through the history of the club etc. My Saudi mate thought it was very interesting and he told the guy that purely from a foreigners perspective, City should keep the current one as that is what foreigners most recognise. I wouldn't be too bothered if we keep the current one, as long as we get rid of the stars but I'd prefer to revert back to the round one or at least a modern take on it.

First thing. Going to the Etihad complex is very impressive for any football fan even on a day without a match. On match day to see the amount of people outside the Etihad, especially in the entertainment area, watching the live bands or the player interviews, having a beer etc is fantastic. When we were there last year my kids took part in a penalty shootout against one of the apprentice goalies...they loved it. After the game its back to the entertainment area or do as we do and stand outside the players entrance...our kids (ok me) we're impressed to see michael owen, hargreaves, sherwood, mcmanaman, kiddo, viera (looked like a Hollywood star), big joe corrigan etc.

The M.E.N. published an article on their own badge poll results. Most people want the ship and the 3 rivers and DON'T want the stupid stars. Older fans want the Red Rose as they identify with Lancashire and not Greater Manchester. I asked my kids which badge for them and of course they like the current one ad that's what they've always know...when I explained the debate they chose the ship and rivers. Me, I like the ship and rivers as it equals Manchester. My pet hates of the current badge are the stupid stars and that it says MCFC and not Manchester City FC.

Mrbojangles is that Unknown Pleasures cover you're using these days?

looks like it to me. one of my favourite albums covers ever that.

Tis indeed gents. Thought it was time for a change and like you stevie, it's one of my favourite covers and favourite albums. Still got the old t-shirt with it on somewhere lying about.

Just so people know our 3 main (historical) badges.

The M.E.N. article

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-badge-debate-what-10463066

I think it's great that our foreign owners are sensitive enough to the fans to enquire what badge do WE want.

attachicon.gifCollagebadges.jpeg

The stars have always done my head in and the guy in the portakabin says that was the number one thing to get rid of by most fans.

I'd like the 3 rivers back but maybe change the colours to the same that is on our current one (blue and white) and modernise the ship as in the current one or the Lancashire rose one. Definitely have Manchester City F C on it and not just MCFC.

First thing. Going to the Etihad complex is very impressive for any football fan even on a day without a match. On match day to see the amount of people outside the Etihad, especially in the entertainment area, watching the live bands or the player interviews, having a beer etc is fantastic. When we were there last year my kids took part in a penalty shootout against one of the apprentice goalies...they loved it. After the game its back to the entertainment area or do as we do and stand outside the players entrance...our kids (ok me) we're impressed to see michael owen, hargreaves, sherwood, mcmanaman, kiddo, viera (looked like a Hollywood star), big joe corrigan etc.

The M.E.N. published an article on their own badge poll results. Most people want the ship and the 3 rivers and DON'T want the stupid stars. Older fans want the Red Rose as they identify with Lancashire and not Greater Manchester. I asked my kids which badge for them and of course they like the current one ad that's what they've always know...when I explained the debate they chose the ship and rivers. Me, I like the ship and rivers as it equals Manchester. My pet hates of the current badge are the stupid stars and that it says MCFC and not Manchester City FC.

By this logic Man Yoo should have an Eccles cake. :D

Have you been chillin' out with Brendan Rodgers?

Have you been chillin' out with Brendan Rodgers?

May khawjai

]

Bred. Don't know if I've shown you before but this is our Riyadh Blues Supporters Club badge that I designed (using a bit of poetic licence of course) tongue.png

attachicon.gifCity Gold.JPG

Hadn't seen it before. Impressive.

Gary James talking about the ship, gave a reason - which I missed as one of my kids piped up - why the rear flag of the 3 flags is blowing in a different direction to the other 2. Can't say I'd noticed the flag anomoly before.

Just so people know our 3 main (historical) badges.

The M.E.N. article

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-badge-debate-what-10463066

I think it's great that our foreign owners are sensitive enough to the fans to enquire what badge do WE want.

attachicon.gifCollagebadges.jpeg

Don't you think that it would be more appropriate to change the stars for pound signs ? whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Manchester City to face no action after 'farcical' UEFA booing investigation

Common sense has prevailed with UEFA planning to take no action against Man City for the fans' booing of the Champions League anthem.

UEFA has announced it will take no action against Manchester City after fans booed the Champions League anthem before the match against Sevilla.

And European football's governing body could now change their rules to stop the situation happening again.

UEFA's ethics and disciplinary body examined the charge that Blues fans broke UEFA rules by venting their feelings during the pre-match preliminaries against Sevilla on November 19.

City fans booed as they were angry at UEFA’s financial fair play punishment of their club, and the handling of the stadium closure for City’s away game at CSKA Moscow last season.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-face-no-action-10473946

• Like 2

Common sense has prevailed with UEFA planning to take no action against Man City for the fans' booing of the Champions League anthem.

UEFA has announced it will take no action against Manchester City after fans booed the Champions League anthem before the match against Sevilla.

And European football's governing body could now change their rules to stop the situation happening again.

UEFA's ethics and disciplinary body examined the charge that Blues fans broke UEFA rules by venting their feelings during the pre-match preliminaries against Sevilla on November 19.

City fans booed as they were angry at UEFA’s financial fair play punishment of their club, and the handling of the stadium closure for City’s away game at CSKA Moscow last season.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-face-no-action-10473946

There are sections of fans of any club who overstep the mark from time to time but that is no reason to push sanctions...failure to keep the house in order is however for the club.

Not suggesting that here btw....it was a stupid investigation really!

Stepping back; a wise move.

• Like 1