Manchester City

mrbojangles

For the thicko's on here, nowhere have i said that he is not a good player, all i done was disagree with bb about him "walking into any team" , now if people want me to say that he would walk into any team such Barce, Rm, BM just let me know and i'll say it biggrin.png

He would walk into Barca/RM and Bayerns team, no problem.

I dont know if you have actually watched him play, Alfie, or if you are just trolling.

He is a better player than Douglas Costa or Vidal. Better than Kroos or Isco. Better than Rakitic and at his age would now be an upgrade on Iniesta. So IMHO he would get regular playing time for any of the big 3.

Its a foregone conclusion that he would be an absolute starter for any Premier League team.

Mystic Mystic, when everyone are fit Costa, Vidal, Isco don't even get in their respective teams so why are you comparing him against them ? Kroos plays as a defensive mid player of which De Bruyne isn't so all in all a bit of a wasted post

really facepalm.gif

Tony Kroos..... Defensive Midfielder?? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Still the daft lad at the back of the class Alfie. Almost as good as your belief that Paulinho was a better buy than Fernandhino, and that he would have a bigger impact!!cheesy.gif

Opinions are like <deleted> holes . Everybody has one or is one Alfie.thumbsup.gif

Your not reading again are you ? plays as a defensive mid player , so i think this proves he does play as a Def Mid albeit not all the time and strange you haven't mentioned the other 3 players facepalm.gif

Apps Goals Assists Rating MC (Midfielder - Centre) 9 0 2 7.04 DMC (Defensive Midfielder - Centre) 7 0 1 7.23 Sub (Substitute) 1 0 0 5.87
*Only tournaments with detailed coverage
Edited by alfieconn

Clearly Jamie Jackson of the Guardian has been reading Alfie Conn's recent comments on here ;-)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/29/david-silva-manchester-city-southampton-premier-league

For the thicko's on here, nowhere have i said that he is not a good player, all i done was disagree with bb about him "walking into any team" , now if people want me to say that he would walk into any team such Barce, Rm, BM just let me know and i'll say it biggrin.png

Alfie, haven't you noticed that BB sees the game of football from a completely different perspective to everyone one else.

Apparently all the games we've drawn we deserved to lose too! biggrin.png

Ah, bless him, been missing Carms nonsense posts...and what the hell is his 2nd paragraph about - and HE criticises ME?

;-)

]

I think you might have lost this discussion on points mate. laugh.png

• Like 1

Clearly Jamie Jackson of the Guardian has been reading Alfie Conn's recent comments on here ;-)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/29/david-silva-manchester-city-southampton-premier-league

Alfie, haven't you noticed that BB sees the game of football from a completely different perspective to everyone one else.

Apparently all the games we've drawn we deserved to lose too! biggrin.png

Ah, bless him, been missing Carms nonsense posts...and what the hell is his 2nd paragraph about - and HE criticises ME?

;-)

]

I think you might have lost this discussion on points mate. laugh.png

Right Smokie , a moral victory for Carmine ;-) Seems fired up today with that great point yesterday

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

"Last week even the usually sensible crowd at MCFCForum had a thread opened entitled 'Pellegrini out' which came as a surprise. Not the fact that somebody voiced their opinion, that's what the forum section of the website is for but more the nature of the thread and how poorly City's season is going.

When we look at the season as a whole after 14 games it has to be the performances which has cuased such a reaction on Social Media, Forums and across the press I mean let's break it down.

It must be down to our position in the premier league, oh hang on a minute we're top and even after the disaster at Liverpool we fell to third in the table in a match which came straight after international duties.

OK if it's not the premier league it must be our disastrous Champions League showing, oh hang on a minute we're still in that competition and have qualified out of the group stages. Only Juventus who haven't lost a match yet head us in our table and if we had managed a win against them we may well have headed the group. Could that match coming so close after the Liverpool game have been a factor in the first 11 selection at Liverpool?

Okay if it's not the Premier League or the champipons league it must be our disastrous cup runs, Oh hold on a minute our next game is a last 8 game in the Capital Cup and the FA Cup hasn't started yet. We could well be going to Wembley if we can win a couple more games in that competition.

Right if it's not our position in the table it must be our style of play, yep that must be it. We must be scraping awful 1-0 wins with game stifling displays of mundane boredom. What do you mean we are the Premier Leagues top goalscorers, We can't be our top two up top Silva & Aguero aren't having great seasons and have been out for long periods with injuries.

Well if we are the top goalscorers we must be conceding at the back, What we have the fourth best defence with only Manure / Arse and Spurs having conceded less. That cannot be right as that would indicate a team playing well in a formation which allows good attacking football whilst protecting it's back four and goalkeeper.

Nah you must have it wrong somewhere,the boo-boys must have something to complain about. They pay their money week-in week out and aren't enjoying what Pellegrini and the squad are putting in front of them, I mean how else are the press able to keep heaping pressure on our squad with the continual stories of Pep coming to join us, I mean it was nailed on last summer, or was that the summer before I cannot remember now. Guardiola is an excellent manager and any team in Europe would be happy to have him but would I really throw our manager under the bus so easily in order that we can get replace him with another who will then need to team-build again.

I'm quite happy as a City fan looking down on the rest of the premier league and wondering when we will get our squad back so we can push on and see what the rest of this season will bring. I mean most of the squads we are competing with are yet to have their major injury crisis and we are competing with them successfully using our full squad. Maybe that means we have to put up with the occasional Liverpool performance or a surprise like Villa but overall I would back what we have now against anybody in England and most in Europe."

"Last week even the usually sensible crowd at MCFCForum had a thread opened entitled 'Pellegrini out' which came as a surprise. Not the fact that somebody voiced their opinion, that's what the forum section of the website is for but more the nature of the thread and how poorly City's season is going.

When we look at the season as a whole after 14 games it has to be the performances which has cuased such a reaction on Social Media, Forums and across the press I mean let's break it down.

It must be down to our position in the premier league, oh hang on a minute we're top and even after the disaster at Liverpool we fell to third in the table in a match which came straight after international duties.

OK if it's not the premier league it must be our disastrous Champions League showing, oh hang on a minute we're still in that competition and have qualified out of the group stages. Only Juventus who haven't lost a match yet head us in our table and if we had managed a win against them we may well have headed the group. Could that match coming so close after the Liverpool game have been a factor in the first 11 selection at Liverpool?

Okay if it's not the Premier League or the champipons league it must be our disastrous cup runs, Oh hold on a minute our next game is a last 8 game in the Capital Cup and the FA Cup hasn't started yet. We could well be going to Wembley if we can win a couple more games in that competition.

Right if it's not our position in the table it must be our style of play, yep that must be it. We must be scraping awful 1-0 wins with game stifling displays of mundane boredom. What do you mean we are the Premier Leagues top goalscorers, We can't be our top two up top Silva & Aguero aren't having great seasons and have been out for long periods with injuries.

Well if we are the top goalscorers we must be conceding at the back, What we have the fourth best defence with only Manure / Arse and Spurs having conceded less. That cannot be right as that would indicate a team playing well in a formation which allows good attacking football whilst protecting it's back four and goalkeeper.

Nah you must have it wrong somewhere,the boo-boys must have something to complain about. They pay their money week-in week out and aren't enjoying what Pellegrini and the squad are putting in front of them, I mean how else are the press able to keep heaping pressure on our squad with the continual stories of Pep coming to join us, I mean it was nailed on last summer, or was that the summer before I cannot remember now. Guardiola is an excellent manager and any team in Europe would be happy to have him but would I really throw our manager under the bus so easily in order that we can get replace him with another who will then need to team-build again.

I'm quite happy as a City fan looking down on the rest of the premier league and wondering when we will get our squad back so we can push on and see what the rest of this season will bring. I mean most of the squads we are competing with are yet to have their major injury crisis and we are competing with them successfully using our full squad. Maybe that means we have to put up with the occasional Liverpool performance or a surprise like Villa but overall I would back what we have now against anybody in England and most in Europe."

Bah!

Call that an injury list?

laugh.png

Isn't this the worst season of quality at the top of the Premier League since records began? A one-player-wonder team like Leicester would never be at the top in all previous 23 seasons*. But it's good for the game to have 'outsider' teams pressing - it may be good for selling TV rights and shirts, but it's not healthy to have had only four teams winning the league in all but one of those years. Yes I know that reflects the other major leagues (though the others are not as super-concentrated as you might believe based only on most recent year experience - Spain and Italy have also had 5 over the last 23 seasons and Italy 6)

* Edit: now there's a comment waiting to be shot down by the forum's historians and statisticians!

Edited by SantiSuk

Injury list:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/30/arsenal-injuries-theory-arsene-wenger-alexis-sanchez

"Before Sundays triple-whammy Arsenal were joint seventh in the Premier League injury table. Since the start of the season, according to the excellent website physioroom.com, they have had 23 injuries of all types so far. In the same period Manchester City have had 35, Manchester United 30, Liverpool 24, Tottenham Hotspur 20 and Chelsea 18."

Bkk post today shows no football here tonight live. Nation shows as below. Should I trust the Nation? Anybody know if City really are on tonight in Thailand?

attachicon.gif20151201_184820.jpg

The channels shown in your jpg relate to South African Super Sport. Some cable providers show them over here but your best chance is to check City forums for streams. You should pick up the ZA feed or even BeIn streams....if your internet is good enough!

^Interesting.

"It is also worth noting that through this deal, including satellite clubs New York City FC, Melbourne City and Yokohama Marinos, City are now worth approximately 10 times more than Sheikh Mansour bought the club for in 2008".

Thought it weird the other week when out of all the clubs in the prem, the Chinese president visited the Etihad. This is big dosh for the stake the Chinese get.

^Interesting.

"It is also worth noting that through this deal, including satellite clubs New York City FC, Melbourne City and Yokohama Marinos, City are now worth approximately 10 times more than Sheikh Mansour bought the club for in 2008".

Thought it weird the other week when out of all the clubs in the prem, the Chinese president visited the Etihad. This is big dosh for the stake the Chinese get.

Hmmmmm....Pogba.....Hmmmm....Messi. Smokie's dream might come true.tongue.png

• Like 2

^Also explains this.......The induction of a little-known Chinese footballer into English football’s hall of fame has been described by one MP as a “grubby little fix” to buy influence during the Chinese president’s state trip to Britain.

The cynics among us would wonder how much involvement Cameron had in the deal as wellwhistling.gif

^Also explains this.......The induction of a little-known Chinese footballer into English footballs hall of fame has been described by one MP as a grubby little fix to buy influence during the Chinese presidents state trip to Britain.

The cynics among us would wonder how much involvement Cameron had in the deal as wellwhistling.gif

I assume the player referred to is Sun Jihai. As much a shock to City fans as it was to the redt of the world. Maybe he's equivalent to Ronaldo and Messi in china.

]

^"During Xis visit, the former City defender Sun Jihai, who made 130 appearances for the club between 2002 and 2008, was inducted to the Manchester-based National Football Museums Hall of Fame. He was also appointed a club ambassador in China in September".

Ps. If you're ever in Manchester with time on your hands, go visit the National Football Museum near to the cathedral; it's free, and excellent for kids and adults. Took my boys twice and we all loved it.

^Interesting.

I think this deal puts to bed suggestions that these rich guys buy football clubs for their playthings!!

Thaksin doubled his money in a year and now the Sheikh has got back his initial investment whilst still owning 87%!!

So everybody wins. Undoubtedly we have been very very lucky with having the Sheikh as our owner, but he is one smart cookie, having turned City into the money making machine they have become, whilst entertaining the fans no end!

^Interesting.

I think this deal puts to bed suggestions that these rich guys buy football clubs for their playthings!!

Thaksin doubled his money in a year and now the Sheikh has got back his initial investment whilst still owning 87%!!

So everybody wins. Undoubtedly we have been very very lucky with having the Sheikh as our owner, but he is one smart cookie, having turned City into the money making machine they have become, whilst entertaining the fans no end!

Yep. We all said at the start that he was business savvy and wouldn't be just pumping money in. His vision was to invest at the start to make the club profitable.

^Interesting.

Yep. We all said at the start that he was business savvy and wouldn't be just pumping money in. His vision was to invest at the start to make the club profitable.

Our David's take on it...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/01/manchester-city-owners-china-venture-power

^Also explains this.......The induction of a little-known Chinese footballer into English footballs hall of fame has been described by one MP as a grubby little fix to buy influence during the Chinese presidents state trip to Britain.

I assume the player referred to is Sun Jihai. As much a shock to City fans as it was to the redt of the world. Maybe he's equivalent to Ronaldo and Messi in china.

]

Eye Eye Yippee Sun Jihai

Singin' Eye Eye Yippee Sun Jihai

Singin' Eye Eye Yippee

His Dads got a chippy

Eye Eye Yippee Sun Jihai

Even I remember his chant, he was well loved thumbsup.gif

Bkk post today shows no football here tonight live. Nation shows as below. Should I trust the Nation? Anybody know if City really are on tonight in Thailand?

attachicon.gif20151201_184820.jpg

These are all the channels that seem to be showing the match BB. Don't know if you can receive any. I have a choice of at least 2 biggrin.png

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Just had a click through the Truevisions channel that The Nation states City are on, and it's showing that live snooker will be on, not City. I got up for an earlier League Cup round, but the League Cup wasn't on thai tv so I went back to bed pissed off. So tonight I'll go with gut feeling that it's not on and stay in bed. Enjoy it guys...let's hope it's a decent winning performance and not one of those complacent losing ones we're prone to. Come on you blues!

]

Easy enough win.

Silva outstanding. As was Otamendi.

Pelle has gone on record saying that Iheanacho cannot play on his own up front, but rather as a support to main attacker.

I dont agree. I think he fits in much better with Citys style of play rather than Bony. When he came on as sub for Bony, City played so much better. More fluidity going forward and he took his goal well.