Manchester City

mrbojangles

Apparently this is the new badge which was leaked on the governments IPO website. I hope after all the consultation this isn't the real thing. Why would they put a Lancashire Rose on it? City are supposed to be announcing the new badge on boxing day

attachicon.gifCity New.JPG

I like it and it seems to cover all the issues raised over the weeks, one of which was whether to incorporate the 3 diagonal lines (rivers of Manchester) vs red rose (of Lancashire) so they've incorporated both - lots of older City fans are pro the red rose as they grew up with Manchester being part of Lancashire until the 1974 reorganisation in to Greater Manchester.

]

Apparently this is the new badge which was leaked on the governments IPO website. I hope after all the consultation this isn't the real thing. Why would they put a Lancashire Rose on it? City are supposed to be announcing the new badge on boxing day

attachicon.gifCity New.JPG

I like it and it seems to cover all the issues raised over the weeks, one of which was whether to incorporate the 3 diagonal lines (rivers of Manchester) vs red rose (of Lancashire) so they've incorporated both - lots of older City fans are pro the red rose as they grew up with Manchester being part of Lancashire until the 1974 reorganisation in to Greater Manchester.

]

I know what you mean about the Red Rose and it definitely should have FC on it. Don't know whether I'll have to incorporate a darker blue line on my bike now biggrin.png

This is the most voted for starting IX vs Sunderland (h) today on M.E.N.

post-19652-0-93323400-1451101989_thumb.p

This my selection:

I went for Zaba as he needs to get going again and to give Sagna a rest before Leicester (a).

I chose Kolorov as we'll need to break Sunderland down and Clichy's pace should be useful vs Leicester.

I think the front 6 pick themselves and if we get a lead we can take some off with Leicester in mind.

Kompany must play if fit.

post-19652-0-40350900-1451102035_thumb.p

Man City lineup

Starting:

Joe Hart

Aleksandar Kolarov..Eliaquim Mangala..Nicolás Otamendi..Bacary Sagna

Kevin De Bruyne..Fernandinho..David Silva..Yaya Touré..Wilfried Bony..Raheem Sterling

Substitutes: Willy Caballero, Gaël Clichy, Martín Demichelis, Vincent Kompany, Fabian Delph, Jesús Navas, Sergio Agüero

Sunderland at home every week would be nice. KDB sharp as a tack tonight.

Yes he was outstanding wasn't he?

Some of the interplay between KdB and Silva was majestic.

Bony continues to show what a waste of money he was.

Gutted for Vinny limping off after only 9 minutes on the park. Don't know how long Vinny will be out for but we shouldn't pontificate and make our number one priority in the window to buy a top central defender because the current cover have shown they can't cope.

Enjoyed the 1st half. I finished the 2nd half feeling surprisingly down; don't know if it was our failure to go on and hammer Sunderland, failing again to keep a clean sheet, Bonys awful penalty miss, Bonys awful miss, Kompany limping off...the 2nd half seemed to go on forever.

KdB was back to his best. Silva deserved a goal. Yaya enjoyed that. Dinho was everywhere.

Back in the mix after yesterday's results.

Bloody strange season continues...must be better than usual season for the neutral supporter.

Pick your team time vs Leicester

Top is my selection. I put Clichy in for his pace but this is a tough one as Kolorov links better and Clichy has been poor. 3 in midfield I like away. The 3 forwards selected with Aguero or Bony to come on.

Bottom is consensus of fans selection from M.E.N.

g]post-19652-0-97438200-1451307123_thumb.p

post-19652-0-89274300-1451307062_thumb.p

If Aquero is fit, he will play. Other than that Pellegrini will play the same team that beat Sunderland.

Interesting that you are classing Sterling/Silva and De Bruye as forwards?? I think attacking midfielders at best.

We need Aguero back instead of the immobile lump of wood.

I was definitely classing KdB and Sterling as forwards, wingers even (I was thinking the other day that Sterling reminds me a bit of a young Robben) and Silva is an attacking midfielder, in the way that they are definitely not midfielders like Dinho, Yaya and Delph. I was very impressed with our Sevilla performance (best performance of 2015?) when we played 3 in midfield and 3 lightweights up front. Against Leicester I guess we'll have most possession but I don't want us to picked off on the break which we're susceptible to hence 1 more midfielder and 1 less forward than usual for me.

We do need Aguero back but the happy fit goalscoring one, not the half fit moody non-goalscoring one that's turned up for most games this season.

Looking forward to it but not the getting up at 3am.

Stats show how Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne is Europe’s deadliest midfielder

Kevin De Bruyne has registered 28 league assists since the start of 2014/15, a feat achieved by no other player across Europe’s top five leagues.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/27/stats-show-how-manchester-citys-kevin-de-bruyne-is-europes-deadliest-midfielder-5586597/

Stats show how Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne is Europe’s deadliest midfielder

Kevin De Bruyne has registered 28 league assists since the start of 2014/15, a feat achieved by no other player across Europe’s top five leagues.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/27/stats-show-how-manchester-citys-kevin-de-bruyne-is-europes-deadliest-midfielder-5586597/

I read yesterday him described as the best crosser of a ball since Beckham.

• Like 1

I hadn't thought of that but KDB could be on his way.

I hadn't thought of that but KDB could be on his way.

Didn't enjoy that. Glad when it was over. Dull game. Stalemate. Leicester look the real deal. City had most possession but did little with it and got worse as the game went on. Aguero should have been given a penalty. Fair result. Can't see us being champions the way were going...so flat. Should have stayed in bed.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Trying to put a brave face on it:

We picked up our first away point since September and a rare clean sheet away, at the Premier leaders (I think we need to pay respect to Leicester and stop deluding ourselves about their quality).

"Man City finish the year in third place, three points adrift of both Leicester and Arsenal" even though we've been consistently poor since game 6.

(Maybe I'm deluding myself)