Manchester City

mrbojangles

This goalless draw leaves their league away record this season as won three, drawn three and lost three with eight goals scored and eight conceded - not title-winning form.City's last away league victory was at Crystal Palace on 12 September after starting with impressive victories at West Bromwich Albion and Everton.

Very poor City!

Manchester City play the first of seven games they contest in January by travelling to Watford for a 17:30 GMT kick-off...We seem to be getting an unreasonable amount of late games...I need my beauty sleep!

Makes me nuts, and in general watching football in Thailand is a major pain in the ass.

My weekend schedule in Buenos Aires:

Up at 7 or 8AM:

1. Early EPL game

2.10AM -2PM More EPL

3. Throughout the day football from Spain, Italy, Germany and France.

4. Late afternoon through the evening-Argie ball.

CL and Europe League at 3:45PM depending on changes in time zones, etc.

• Like 1

Manchester City play the first of seven games they contest in January by travelling to Watford for a 17:30 GMT kick-off...We seem to be getting an unreasonable amount of late games...I need my beauty sleep!

I'll be back in Saudi by then, so at least there are only 3 hours difference.

Makes me nuts, and in general watching football in Thailand is a major pain in the ass.

Up at 7 or 8AM:

1. Early EPL game

2.10AM -2PM More EPL

Life of riley. ;-)

]

Up at 7 or 8AM:

1. Early EPL game

2.10AM -2PM More EPL

Life of riley. ;-)

]

Not to say I spent every weekend like that but it was available.smile.png

Up at 7 or 8AM:

1. Early EPL game

2.10AM -2PM More EPL

Life of riley. ;-)

]

DP. My mouse has gone nuts.

Edited by jellydog

Up at 7 or 8AM:

1. Early EPL game

2.10AM -2PM More EPL

What did you use to do the rest of the time then jd ?

One thing which the press hasn't picked up on today was our major problem in central midfield. As I understand it, Delph was ill or injured, Fernando not yet available, so the only backup to Yaya and Dinho was young James Horsfield from Bullock Smithy who has yet to make his debut and wouldn't normally be selected but other youngsters ahead of him are out on loan. Hence an obviously tired/tiring Yaya had to stay on and Dinho had to pick up the slack.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-james-horsfield-who-10664396

Up at 7 or 8AM:

1. Early EPL game

2.10AM -2PM More EPL

Coffee's with a hint of Jameson's between 11 and 2AM at a place named Exedra. Chew the fat. Moan and complain. Ogle chickiedoodles. Typical expat stuff.smile.png

• Like 1

Danny Mills...absolute plonker...fawning over Leicester (why not just come out ans say it Danny, you wanted a Leicester win)..nearly drove me to put the thai commentary on. Prat!.

Realistically BB all journos support the underdog - it makes for a better story. Same issue when they get the bit between their teeth (for many years - "typical Arsenal", lovely football but they want to walk the ball into the net"); they keep repeating the same hackneyed stuff week after week even after things have changed.

I thought it was a good game to watch for the neutral, except for no goals. I recognise the Leicester first team are the real deal and I am staggered how long they have survived without the same level of injuries as those around them. Can it continue, that's the issue for them - I don't buy their fan's protestation on the Leicester thread that they have some strength in depth on the bench - if that were true why are we not seeing more than 2 or 3 of them now that the team is clearly starting to get a bit tired. Sounds harsh - I don't mean to be a killjoy and enjoy the cup-fever they and Watford and Bournemouth bring to the daily Prem grind.

A draw was a great result for us and Spurs of course. A Leicester win would have been my second choice as I still think the battle will be between you, us and our noisy neighbours.

Sky says Kompany out for another 4 weeks by the way

Edited by SantiSuk

Up at 7 or 8AM:

1. Early EPL game

2.10AM -2PM More EPL

Coffee's with a hint of Jameson's between 11 and 2AM at a place named Exedra. Chew the fat. Moan and complain. Ogle chickiedoodles. Typical expat stuff.smile.png
What's the current sentiment over there to Brits, Britain and knobhead

post-19652-0-65054600-1451480065_thumb.j

Telegraph

Worst team of 2015

Navas has had more attempts (39)without scoring a single goal than any other player in the Premier League, also putting in an awful lot of unsuccessful crosses. Just what you want from a winger, that.

Best team of 2015

Includes Fernandinho and Silva

Isco sounds nice.

What's the current sentiment over there to Brits, Britain and knobhead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not there at the moment but I know many young Brits in Buenos Aires making a living as football journos. Free lance stuff mostly. They don't have a hard time, though if the Falklands/Malvinas thing heats up they might get a dirty look or a comment from time to time. The moderate right just took over the presidency so there should be a more pragmatic approach to the Falklands now and less pot stirring.

I don't know who knobhead is.blink.png

Surprised with your Argie connections you don't recognise Jeremy knobhead Clarkson, Jelly though 'tis a slightly distorted pic

I thought that's who it was Santi but not sure. I would say he is persona non grata in Argentina and that's OK by me. Knobhead indeed.thumbsup.gif

Blue Tuesday on Radio Manchester this week featured mainly the question should we standby and hope Kompany can get out of this cycle of injuries OR should we now be looking for his long term replacement. I'd say the latter while giving him the next 18 months to try to get back to his pomp. Your opinion is?

Blue Tuesday on Radio Manchester this week featured mainly the question should we standby and hope Kompany can get out of this cycle of injuries OR should we now be looking for his long term replacement. I'd say the latter while giving him the next 18 months to try to get back to his pomp. Your opinion is?

my opinion is the same as yours BB and probably the majority of City fans. With the anount of comps we are still in would need a top quality addition at the back whether he was injured or not.

^I'm beginning to view Aguero the same as Kompany. I believe it when Aguero gets injured, but since Tevez left and Aguero became undisputed first choice, he only does it when he feels like it. Many times he looks uninterested and without genuine competition for his place he won't change. His missing way too many games through injury and his often poor attitude means I'd take the money if Real Madrid game calling (saw an +80m offer from them mentioned in the media). He can't do much about being injury prone but he could improve his attitude (new manager might do that).

Aguero..Tevez..Dzeko..Balotelli/Jovetic vs Aguero..Bony..Nacho = going backwards.

^I'm beginning to view Aguero the same as Kompany. I believe it when Aguero gets injured, but since Tevez left and Aguero became undisputed first choice, he only does it when he feels like it. Many times he looks uninterested and without genuine competition for his place he won't change. His missing way too many games through injury and his often poor attitude means I'd take the money if Real Madrid game calling (saw an +80m offer from them mentioned in the media). He can't do much about being injury prone but he could improve his attitude (new manager might do that).

Aguero..Tevez..Dzeko..Balotelli/Jovetic vs Aguero..Bony..Nacho = going backwards.

Big WOW!!!!!!!

Got to totally 100% disagree with you re Kun.

Whats wrong with his attitude??? I havent seen even the slightest negative from him.

He has been unlucky with injuries, I think you will see a better game from him tonight and an even better game next week, as his match fitness improves.

Kun is the best forward in the Premier league and I dont think he deserves the criticism you are giving him, mate.

You want to have a go at Bony for his attitude, I am right behind you. Poncing and strutting around. Sure he is juiced up!! But Kun gives 100% every time, when fit.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with his attitude?

Explained that in detail.

I havent seen even the slightest negative from him.

Think you are watching him through starry glasses (like I do with Silva).

He has been unlucky with injuries.

Totally agree.

I think you will see a better game from him tonight and an even better game next week, as his match fitness improves.

I hope so tonight, I'm also sure that as his fitness improves he will improve.

Kun is the best forward in the Premier league.

When fit and firing I definitely agree.

and I dont think he deserves the criticism you are giving him, mate.

Sorry to disagree, but apart from 20 minutes against Newcastle and the odd moment he's been poor and we're carrying him (and Bony when he plays).

You want to have a go at Bony for his attitude, I am right behind you. Poncing and strutting around. Sure he is juiced up!!

Bony has had fair chance and time to prove he's good enough and a player that suits our style of play; he's failed on both counts. His default setting is to slow the game down which isn't what we want. He's ok against the poorer defenders but not with decent defenders, he's slow and can't run, etc.

But Kun gives 100% every time, when fit.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, for me he's another Yaya and plays well when it suits him. He could definitely do with competition for his place to get the best out him again.