Manchester City

mrbojangles

Bony, the 15th most 'overweight' Premier League player - according to the NHS

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-overweight-premier-league-players-6656820

More muscle bound than overweight.

If part of his duties were jerk and lift, he would be a world beater.

As soon as Pep comes, he will be gone.

You mean "clean and jerk", jerk and lift is what you and the old woman practice biggrin.png

The times they are a changin

MrBJ will enjoy this... (from the recent posts on the ManU forum) ;-)

http://talksport.com/football/pep-guardiola-would-be-coward-choose-manchester-city-over-manchester-united-opinion

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nothing changes!!! Typical nonsensical comments from the Rags,

One of the reasons that Pep is coming is that ours is a HUGE ongoing project and a bigger challenge as we havent as yet won the Champions League,

He will come and conquer. And the Rags will have to make do with the morally corrupt Giggslaugh.png

The times they are a changin

MrBJ will enjoy this... (from the recent posts on the ManU forum) ;-)

http://talksport.com/football/pep-guardiola-would-be-coward-choose-manchester-city-over-manchester-united-opinion

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nothing changes!!! Typical nonsensical comments from the Rags,

One of the reasons that Pep is coming is that ours is a HUGE ongoing project and a bigger challenge as we havent as yet won the Champions League,

He will come and conquer. And the Rags will have to make do with the morally corrupt Giggslaugh.png

What an absolute muppet that reporter is. I feel like I have just wasted 2 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Work in progress Smokes

I think once Pep is in place, we will make a concerted effort to get Messi.

Probably only 50/50, but its not a forlorn hope.

I'd say there's an outside chance but likely very outside. Having Pep would help, as well as Aguero as he and Messi are buddies. Other Argies on the squad wouldn't hurt either. OTOH Barca has been Messi's life and it would be tough to walk away from Neymar and Suarez. They have a lot of fun together. Messi is close to Mascherano and Dani Alves as well. But good things can come undone in a hurry in football so who knows ?

And forgive me but would you trade a king's life in a city like Barcelona for Manchester ?! Raining, can't speak English, and the missus is fit to be tied. I hope Pep is a good salesman.thumbsup.gif

Yeah I watched it.

Definitely a shout for off side. Lukaku was off side but all of this "was he in the line of sight etc" is just too confusing sometimes. Even the pundits were split on their interpretation.

Definitely a penalty on Navas but not given.

Aguero's take down and first ball to Navas was superb and Navas's finishing was excellent.

Overall, we didn't look too interested and there was little urgency. City put out a strong team on paper but they all looked tired to me.

• Like 1

Anybody watch it? Was Evrrtons first offside goal? Was it a penalty on Navas? How did we play overall?

Evertons goal was Not offside and Navas should have had a cast iron penalty.

Lots of huff and puff with little to show from it. Not read any reports yet but I would make Willy culpable for first goal, He has done it before... saved a shot and pushed it straight to a player rather than round the post. Demichelis to blame for second goal.

Cant find anything too positive except that we kept a very good backline, caught Everton offside many times. And Navas scored for the first time in 67 games!!!!

Played like we have for the last few weeks. Underwhelming football in the main, but at 1-2 we should go through.

More injury woes for City with Mangala having done his hammy.

So that leaves us Otamendi and Demichelis!!!! I dont fancy that at all!!!

Obviously Pelle isnt for bringing youth in ( or nobody is good enough!!)

Cant get Denayer back. I dont think Pelle will get money to spend, with the change due in summer.

We wont buy Laporte until Pep gets here. So we are in a bit of a pickle.

Personally I would try and get Steven Caulker on loan. I have always been impressed with him and I think he would make a better stop gap than most.

There's an article about this on M.E.N. website. They're suggesting Sagna or CLICHY could step in at CB, CLICHY, can't even put in a LB decent performance these days never mind CB - I could see Sagna putting in a performance at CB, he's got decent awareness, pace and can head a ball but Clichy is too lightweight and weak under the high ball.

Caulker would do a job. There's plenty out there who would do a job. The ex-Stockport County player at Swansea and Shawcross to name but two as stopgaps/squad players.

See Wobbly Willy will also be negating our defence again tomorrow.

Cant get Denayer back. I dont think Pelle will get money to spend, with the change due in summer.

Personally I would try and get Steven Caulker on loan. I have always been impressed with him and I think he would make a better stop gap than most.

Do i detect a change of thinking there Jack ?

There's an article about this on M.E.N. website. They're suggesting Sagna or CLICHY could step in at CB, CLICHY, can't even put in a LB decent performance these days never mind CB - I could see Sagna putting in a performance at CB, he's got decent awareness, pace and can head a ball but Clichy is too lightweight and weak under the high ball.

Caulker would do a job. There's plenty out there who would do a job. The ex-Stockport County player at Swansea and Shawcross to name but two as stopgaps/squad players.

Cant see Stoke selling Shawcross for less than 20 mill. Same with Williams and Swansea.... Pellegrini aint going to get that to spend on 1 player.

I dont see Sagna at 5' 9" as a CB. I know he has played there b4, but no thanks. Toure and Fernandhino are other alternatives. But Caulker is available right now and thats who I would go for

Do i detect a change of thinking there Jack ?

Not at all. I believe we have kids who are good enough. Or certainly better than Demichelis.

Maybe I should have added ''or he believes" before the 'nobody'

Edited by JacknDanny

Cant see Stoke selling Shawcross for less than 20 mill. Same with Williams and Swansea.... Pellegrini aint going to get that to spend on 1 player.

I dont see Sagna at 5' 9" as a CB. I know he has played there b4, but no thanks. Toure and Fernandhino are other alternatives. But Caulker is available right now and thats who I would go for

No he is not whistling.gif but i suppose with your money anyone is available right now biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Can't really see any Premier teams selling anybody to us except for crazy money, can you?

Sagna and Fernandinho are the same height but one is an experienced defender. Yaya, I would not trust as a CB, he seems to be allergic to heading the ball (he definitively doesn't like heading the ball for a tall lad). I'd rather have a Zaba, Sagna, available recognized CB and Kolorov as a back 4 if it comes to that, lets hope if doesn't.

The 16 yr old Cameron Humpheys played pre-season against Madrid and acquitted himself well. If he's fit, against Norwich he could be blooded off the bench if Otamendi or Demi get crocked, as Norwich unlikely to have more than one up front.

"...here are a number of taboo subjects around City at the moment, with David Silva and Sergio Aguero among them..."

This guy tells it really like it is.

Our 'big players', with the exception of Joe Hart, are either injured or not performing, and if it doesn't start happening soon all we'll be left with is fighting for a top 4 place.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2782311/silva-off-form-and-aguero-abject-at-times-at-manchester-city

But how will the ties be decided if the teams are level on aggregate at the end of the reverse fixtures?According to law 13.5 from the Capital One Cup's official website: "In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played."If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice."If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football."In basic terms, the away goals rule that followers of the Champions League are familiar with will not apply until the end of extra-time. If the aggregate score is level at the end of the second leg, regardless of away goals, extra-time will be played.The away goals rule (whereby the team which scored more goals away from home advance) will come into play after 120 minutes of the second leg. If the sides are still matched, a penalty shootout will commence to determine who progresses to Wembley's February final.

Key dates for your diary

Semi-final second leg, Liverpool vs Stoke, Tuesday 26th JanuarySemi-final second leg, Manchester City vs Everton, Wednesday 27th JanuaryFinal, Sunday 28th February

Yaya at it again!!!

He really does talk a load of old sh!te!!

Aubemeyang has had a fantastic year.

And Yaya thinks he should have won it as a result of being a member of a team that won probably the most boring, unentertaining competition for many a year!!!

He has won it the last 4 years...... just shows the lack of class in not being able to congratulate an exceptional footballer.

Knob!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/yaya-toure-slams-indecent-african-7141926

Edited by JacknDanny
  • Like 1

Tricky team selection today vs Norwich. Put the 1st team out I'd fancy us but we need to try and get through it while trying to give a few players a much needed break before Everton again on Wednesday. I'd therefore leave out quite a few, with strong bench in case it ain't working.

post-19652-0-57901600-1452343042_thumb.ppost-19652-0-45511100-1452343257_thumb.p