Manchester City

mrbojangles

Seeing non of us got to watch the game. Thought I'd look at the M.E.N. player ratings. Quite interesting.

Caballero
Clean sheet, but still fails to convince. Uncertain dealing with crosses and flapped at one long-range effort from Dorrans 5

Zabaleta
Given some uncomfortable moments by Jerome's direct runs - but this was an encouraging return following his latest knee injury, even if he was short of his vintage best. 6

Demichelis
Urged calm among City's rear-guard during a frantic start. It worked - and despite Norwich trying to exploit him with their pace on occasions, he largely looked in control. 6

Otamendi
Quickly becoming a fan favourite. It was another all-action display from the Argentine - bravely throwing his body in the way to cut out the danger when Norwich threatened. 7

Kolarov
Ended up wearing the captain's armband and playing on the left wing. Few problem defensively and threatened himself with one long-range effort. 7

Navas
Another performance full of menace. His pace and crossing caused Norwich problems all day and he might have got a second goal in a week when striking the woodwork with a fierce effort. 7

Fernando
Controlled midfield with an energetic display to help City dictate the tempo. 7

Delph
A game that will have done the midfielder the world of good. Full of running to chase and harry Norwich in the middle of park. 8

Sterling
A pivotal part of an impressive attacking display by City - picking the ball up and driving towards the Norwich area to keep the home side's defence on the back foot. 7

Iheanacho
His fifth goal of the season and evidence of the contribution he can make as City go in pursuit of an unprecedented quadruple. Took his chance ruthlessly with a first time finish. 8

Aguero
He's back. A brilliant solo goal and then a key role in Iheanacho's strike. How Pellegrini will hope the Argentine's injury woes are behind him this season. In this form, he's unstoppable. 9

De Bruyne (for Sterling 61): Came on and sealed victory with the type of run that left Ryan Bennett with twisted blood before firing home from a tight angle 7

Clichy (for Aguero 70): Rarely troubled 5

Celina (for Iheanacho 85) Might have got on the score sheet, but for Ruddy

To fellow Blues who think there is any doubt that we will get Pep in the summer....read this excellent article.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/battle-pep-guardiola-manchester-city-7147853

Its the first I knew of this Girona FC!! I had already made my mind up via other sources and articles. But this will have the conspiracy theorists doing cartwheels!!

Its a good article. I was already aware of some of the 'links', but there a couple of things I wasnt aware of.

• Like 1

To fellow Blues who think there is any doubt that we will get Pep in the summer....read this excellent article.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/battle-pep-guardiola-manchester-city-7147853

Its the first I knew of this Girona FC!! I had already made my mind up via other sources and articles. But this will have the conspiracy theorists doing cartwheels!!

Its a good article. I was already aware of some of the 'links', but there a couple of things I wasnt aware of.

The plot certainly thickens jack. I also knew about a lot of the close ties but not all and certainly not about Girona.

Good article that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/how-pep-guardiola-edged-closer-7151745

Had a run through the mirror articles which are very interesting. The move to Manchester from London of the Agent company and the Spanish football bits seem significant, what interested me most is that

"City signed Florian (not Floren) Lejeune, a 24-year-old French defender with a buy-out clause of £225,000, from Girona – and ¬immediately loaned him back to the Spanish club. The Blues then sent Ruben Sobrino on loan to Girona immediately after paying their second-division rivals Ponferradina £375,000 for the striker.In October, Nigerian starlet Chidiebere Nwakali became the third City player to move to Girona."

There's NO mention of Florian Lejeune or Ruben Sobrino in City’s squads on City’s Website, and very little information about City buying them in the English press. Chidiebere Nwakali is also not mentioned in any of City's squads but there is mention of him on City’s Website. If those 3 players are City players out on loan, then there's something very suspicious about the lack of mention on City's Website and it seems the British press for the most part missed these deals - or have they been kept as secret as possible, de de de dur!

If those 3 players are City players out on loan, then there's something very suspicious about the lack of mention on City's Website and it seems the British press for the most part missed these deals - or have they been kept as secret as possible, de de de dur!

Not that secret BB. Even Wiki (among many other sources) has them as City players loaned out to Girona

Sobrino https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rub%C3%A9n_Sobrino

Florian Lejeune https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florian_Lejeune

Bit like his slide tackles....

A plane carrying Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany skidded off the runway at a UK airport on Saturday night.

Kompany was one of five people aboard the Citation CJ2 charter plane when it left the runway during take-off at Norwich International Airport.

The plane came to a stop on the grass and an airport spokesman confirmed there were no injuries to Kompany or any of the four other people on board.

• Like 1

Two things to thank Rednose for

September 2009..."Not in my life time". ..took just a couple of years! Enjoy the article

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fergie-we-wont-be-underdogs-in-my-lifetime-930291

post-19652-0-54680200-1452669355_thumb.j

Sometimes you have a noisy neighbour. You cannot do anything about that. They will always be noisy. You just have to get on with your life, put your television on and turn it up a bit louder. 2009.

post-19652-0-39755800-1452669373_thumb.j

There's an article about this on M.E.N. website. They're suggesting Sagna or CLICHY could step in at CB, CLICHY, can't even put in a LB decent performance these days never mind CB - I could see Sagna putting in a performance at CB, he's got decent awareness, pace and can head a ball but Clichy is too lightweight and weak under the high ball.

Caulker would do a job. There's plenty out there who would do a job. The ex-Stockport County player at Swansea and Shawcross to name but two as stopgaps/squad players.

See Wobbly Willy will also be negating our defence again tomorrow.

Cant see Stoke selling Shawcross for less than 20 mill. Same with Williams and Swansea.... Pellegrini aint going to get that to spend on 1 player.

I dont see Sagna at 5' 9" as a CB. I know he has played there b4, but no thanks. Toure and Fernandhino are other alternatives. But Caulker is available right now and thats who I would go for

No he is not whistling.gif but i suppose with your money anyone is available right now biggrin.png

Well I guess he was, Alfie!!!!

Good signing by the scousers. Hope he has a blinder tonight

There's an article about this on M.E.N. website. They're suggesting Sagna or CLICHY could step in at CB, CLICHY, can't even put in a LB decent performance these days never mind CB - I could see Sagna putting in a performance at CB, he's got decent awareness, pace and can head a ball but Clichy is too lightweight and weak under the high ball.

Caulker would do a job. There's plenty out there who would do a job. The ex-Stockport County player at Swansea and Shawcross to name but two as stopgaps/squad players.

See Wobbly Willy will also be negating our defence again tomorrow.

Cant see Stoke selling Shawcross for less than 20 mill. Same with Williams and Swansea.... Pellegrini aint going to get that to spend on 1 player.

I dont see Sagna at 5' 9" as a CB. I know he has played there b4, but no thanks. Toure and Fernandhino are other alternatives. But Caulker is available right now and thats who I would go for

No he is not whistling.gif but i suppose with your money anyone is available right now biggrin.png

For an ex plod you don't half get your facts wrong, Caulker wasn't available right now as he was under contract to Soton until the end of the season, it just so happens that Soton were prepared to release him from his contract and if they hadn't he wouldn't have been going anywhere rolleyes.gif

Edited by alfieconn

For an ex plod you don't half get your facts wrong, Caulker wasn't available right now as he was under contract to Soton until the end of the season, it just so happens that Soton were prepared to release him from his contract and if they hadn't he wouldn't have been going anywhere rolleyes.gif

And even for the thikkie at the back of class, you will always be the gift that keeps on giving!!!

So he wasnt available, but Liverpool signed him!!facepalm.gif

When I made the statement, there were several clubs in for him...... at least do a BIT of research Alfie, because you just end up cluttering other threads with people having to continually correct you.

Get a grip!laugh.png

• Like 1

And even for the thikkie at the back of class, you will always be the gift that keeps on giving!!!

So he wasnt available, but Liverpool signed him!!facepalm.gif

When I made the statement, there were several clubs in for him...... at least do a BIT of research Alfie, because you just end up cluttering other threads with people having to continually correct you.

Get a grip!laugh.png

For someone who doesn't even know when you bought Mangala i'm not sure how you can call someone thick !

You actually said "is available right away" which he wasn't because he was under contract, or did you had a bit of inside info from Soton that he was available ? biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn