Manchester City

mrbojangles

biggrin.png

Silva has had ankle problems for several seasons now. A big loss again in a stop start season of injuries to key players.

With Silva, KdB and Nasri out, where's the invention?

We used to play around the pitch based on nice little triangles by Silva, Yaya and Nasri; we don't seem to ever have players available to do that these days.

I don't rate Sterling in the middle so I'd probably go for Yaya as the 10/advanced midfield player.

Spurs are one of those teams that like to compete and hound the opposition. Everytime this season we've played a team with high energy pressing game (Spurs..Leicester. .Liverpool) we've been caught out. Pellegrini needs to get the players on the pitch who can compete and press...a bit foreign to City I know but don't do and we'll suffer (the only game I can think of where we pressed was sevilla away...with great success). I also reckon until we get the forward players back that maybe we need to concede possession, defend as team and play more on the break.

I think I'd like to see this happen but not fully convinced of it. Changing horses in midstream might be too much to ask of this squad. Besides that I very much doubt Pellegrini would go that route anyway. Either way Spurs have shown an ability to adjust regardless of what defensive set up have been thrown at them. Echoing others I wouldn't be too unhappy if City nick a point, which is a sad thing to say this far into the season and playing at home. I'm concerned the wheels might be coming off what with all the injuries, the fixture load and all the Pep talk (those hyper capitalist scum selling City/Pep stuff last week should be drawn and quartered). I hope I'm wrong but Pellegrini has a humongous job at this point to revive City and be competitive down the stretch.

Well probaly only 3 of your strongest eleven will be missing and i'm sure the net 250m you've spent over the last 3 years should make up for them being missing !

Alfie have you considered changing your name to "Net Spend".whistling.gif

Funny how the old net spend only seems to hit a raw nerve on a couple of threads isn't it!!tongue.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

Funny how the old net spend only seems to hit a raw nerve on a couple of threads isn't it!!tongue.png

It's not hitting raw nerves on here Carms. It's just that net spend on players is about as relevant as harping on about how much a team dominated possession, in a game which they lost.

• Like 2

It's not hitting raw nerves on here Carms. It's just that net spend on players is about as relevant as harping on about how much a team dominated possession, in a game which they lost.

Spurs, they've got the youngest squad apparently, or so I've read on these forums...over and over and over and...thumbsup.gif

ALFIE - Thats enough for a team ain't it ? biggrin.pnganyway, to be fair, the krux of it seems to be that your squad just ain't that got the right balance so perhaps you need to spend some more money whistling.gif

Seems you're confident of finishing above City.thumbsup.gif

That was just a simplified version of your babbling below biggrin.png Incidently you didn't answer the question sad.png

From memory the players out are kompany..mangala..navas..nasri..silva..KdB..Nasri..Bony. some line up that. Every one of those players we use regularly. Kompany (captain)..Silva (merlin)...KdB (merlin apprentice) are starters, Navas is a Pellegrini player, the other 3 would start from the bench. Anyway, so you spend your money on a squad, your limited to the number of players in a squad of shall we say 'a certain level' (you can chuck your english youngsters in)...7 of the squad are injured, we are left with 13 or 14 fit first team squad members (plus some of the EDS kids). That's the reality and whether we'd spent 10m quid or a billion quid, that's irrelevant if your squad loses 1/3rd to injury. Levels the playing for Spurs though ;-)
Edited by alfieconn

Spurs, they've got the youngest squad apparently, or so I've read on these forums...over and over and over and...thumbsup.gif

Please get it right. We have the youngest squad in the top five leagues in europe. thumbsup.gif

Please get it right. We have the youngest squad in the top five leagues in europe. thumbsup.gif

In future do use the full phrase "youngest squad in the top five leagues in Europe" TM in your posts.wai.gif

Alfred and Carmine - who is out for Sours this weekend as a matter of interest?

Yep we have 1 first teamer out against your 3 out, anyway be interesting to see the value of the team you put out against the value of our's even with all your injuries whistling.gif

So which "1 first teamer" is out, and which "non-first-teamers-but-players-in-the-squad" are out?

Value again. What are you, an accountant? Who cares.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

ALFIE - Thats enough for a team ain't it ? biggrin.pnganyway, to be fair, the krux of it seems to be that your squad just ain't that got the right balance so perhaps you need to spend some more money whistling.gif

That was just a simplified version of your babbling below biggrin.png Incidently you didn't answer the question sad.png

From memory the players out are kompany..mangala..navas..nasri..silva..KdB..Nasri..Bony. some line up that. Every one of those players we use regularly. Kompany (captain)..Silva (merlin)...KdB (merlin apprentice) are starters, Navas is a Pellegrini player, the other 3 would start from the bench. Anyway, so you spend your money on a squad, your limited to the number of players in a squad of shall we say 'a certain level' (you can chuck your english youngsters in)...7 of the squad are injured, we are left with 13 or 14 fit first team squad members (plus some of the EDS kids). That's the reality and whether we'd spent 10m quid or a billion quid, that's irrelevant if your squad loses 1/3rd to injury. Levels the playing for Spurs though ;-)

Help me out, I don't see your question. What's your question and i'll try my best to answer it.

Help me out, I don't see your question. What's your question and i'll try my best to answer it.

Hopefully you might see it now !

Yep we have 1 first teamer out against your 3 out, anyway be interesting to see the value of the team you put out against the value of our's even with all your injuries whistling.gif

So which "1 first teamer" is out, and which "non-first-teamers-but-players-in-the-squad" are out?

Just like who cares about you grizzling all week about your injuries laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

Well Spurs probable team would have cost approx 89m, just Arguero, Otamendi, Sterling, Fernandinho and Toure cost you 168m so with that quality in your team your worried about 3 first team players being injured cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Hopefully you might see it now !

The answer is = Yes. Seven is the minimum number of players for a football team.

We City fans on here grizzle (is that a word?) to each other as it is an "important" factor in City's "important" injury situation this season.

Well Spurs probable team would have cost approx 89m, just Arguero, Otamendi, Sterling, Fernandinho and Toure cost you 168m so with that quality in your team your worried about 3 first team players being injured cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

See YOU didn't answer MY question, and I've asked it twice.

]

I don't know if you have lost track of where you are posting Alfie but this is the City thread where we can talk about City footballing issues. Our injuries are a big issue to City and on topic. Its a lot more relevant than your Spurs "net spend" posts in here.

I don't know if you have lost track of where you are posting Alfie but this is the City thread where we can talk about City footballing issues. Our injuries are a big issue to City and on topic. Its a lot more relevant than your Spurs "net spend" posts in here.

Ah yes we see it now Alfredo.

In the end their arrogance wins out.

We are clearly irrelevant to them and they will win the league regardless.

The injury nonsense is a smokescreen anyway...we already know they are down to one injury same as us.

It does leave the excuses a bit thin for them though...my knives are being sharpened ready for young Jellybean!

:D

This game will be a very obvious test of Pellegrini's tactical acumen because he got it woefully wrong against Leicester. Both full back played a suicidal high line leaving the flanks open and the center backs exposed. We beat Leicester easily in the FA cup because Pochettino adopted a system of three at the back so when the fullbacks went forward there was cover across the width of the pitch.

Tomorrow Spurs will be looking the run and press City into the ground, starve them of any time to build from the back and reduce them to long passing upfield. i wonder what the very affable Pellegrini will have in offer?

The injury nonsense is a smokescreen anyway...we already know they are down to one injury same as us.

It does leave the excuses a bit thin for them though...my knives are being sharpened ready for young Jellybean!

biggrin.png

Think we need to change the name of this thread to the "excuses thread" smokes, funny thing is we've already beaten them 4-1 this season and i don't think they had 7 injuries then so their excuses were that 2 goals shouldn't have been allowed blah blah blah blah laugh.png

• Like 1

:D

Smokie, congratulations on making your longest post ever...prize is in the post.

]

This game will be a very obvious test of Pellegrini's tactical acumen because he got it woefully wrong against Leicester. Both full back played a suicidal high line leaving the flanks open and the center backs exposed. We beat Leicester easily in the FA cup because Pochettino adopted a system of three at the back so when the fullbacks went forward there was cover across the width of the pitch.

Tomorrow Spurs will be looking the run and press City into the ground, starve them of any time to build from the back and reduce them to long passing upfield. i wonder what the very affable Pellegrini will have in offer?

You haven't been watching Pellegrini much these past years. His tactics comprise solely of picking his most attacking line up and sending them out there to attack the opposition. No more than that really, most the time it's worked, sometimes it's all gone badly wrong. He won't change.

]

biggrin.png

Think we need to change the name of this thread to the "excuses thread" smokes, funny thing is we've already beaten them 4-1 this season and i don't think they had 7 injuries then so their excuses were that 2 goals shouldn't have been allowed blah blah blah blah laugh.png

Think you've conveniently forgotten the referring errors which gifted Spurs 2 goals that day.

Careful BB or I'll start posting properly again.

You can expect a nice long one on Monday in any case. ;)

Interesting. I deduce from your post that you USED to post more than one liners (I've been a decade on here but don't recall that). Keep to your strengths, one liners are an art form most of us can't do.

Expect you all back here on Monday.

"Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat".