Manchester City

mrbojangles

5 hours ago, rijit said:

you pay 27 mil and he's a  loaner,,:gigglem:, YET AGAIN your mob are really setting high standards for financial irresponsibility :clap2:

Part of the deal was that he can play out the remainder of the season in Brazil. Not the same thing as a "loaner" in which you bring someone in and loan them out to any club.

As for financial irresponsibility. We've bought about 6 players for the price of Pogba. Of course we have spent big, no denying that in this crazy transfer world but I can't remember us ever breaking premier league transfer records. Think you should be pointing fingers at other clubs first instead of singling out City

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

sart of the deal was that he can play outoutstandingremainder of the season in Brazil. Not the same thing as a "loaner" in which you bring someone in and loan them out to any club.

As for financial irresponsibility. We've bought about 6 players for the price of Pogba. Of course we have spent big, no denying that in this crazy transfer world but I can't remember us ever breaking premier league transfer records. Think you should be pointing fingers at other clubs first instead of singling out City

I think also there's a work permit Issue; same as Iheanacho, not enough ful caps so have to apply on being outstanding talent.

On 8/2/2016 at 4:18 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

^You've been sussed Alfie.

[Cue Alfie with the his BOLD font:
"What do you mean by sussed? Do you have any numbers/facts/figures?"]

;-)

oops wrong post 

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think also there's a work permit Issue; same as Iheanacho, not enough ful caps so have to apply on being outstanding talent.

Couldn't you bring him over to play in the Under 21's, then claim he came through the Academy :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Couldn't you bring him over to play in the Under 21's, then claim he came through the Academy :lol:

Ignoring your comment. Have you seen the clips of him? Probably not eh. He looks good enough to go straight in the first team.

40 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ignoring your comment. Have you seen the clips of him? Probably not eh. He looks good enough to go straight in the first team.

If i spent all my time looking at clip's of youngsters on You Tube then i wouldn't have any time to come on here !

At 27m i hope he does :D

Edited by alfieconn

32 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

If i spent all my time looking at clip's of youngsters on You Tube then i wouldn't have any time to come on here !

He won't get past the £50m man...but Sterling will need a rest in the Euro Cup of course.

99% of them Clips are made just to make the player look good, a lot of them are just a sales tool, even you would look good on one of them :cheesy:

Footnote : Have you ever seen a Travel brochure showing grey sky's ?

Edited by alfieconn

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

sart of the deal equivalenthat he can play out the remainder of the season in Brazil. Not the same thing as a "loaner" in which you bring someone in and loan them out to any club.

I think also theres a work permit I

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

I thought this close season's 27m was supposed to be equivalent to last close seasons 15m.

[Get cheesed off with this new forum setup...far better 'as was']

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

99% of them Clips are made just to make the player look good, a lot of them are just a sales tool, even you would look good on one of them :cheesy:

Footnote : Have you ever seen a Travel brochure showing grey sky's ?

Fair point, but still, he looks damn good.

Following Alfie’s “Wow impressive” lead….

Man City have received over £26m in transfer fees, potentially rising with add-on’s to over £36m, for Academy products since 2011

David Ball

Undisclosed

Peterborough

31 Jan, 2011

Kieran Trippier

Undisclosed

Burnley

04 Jan, 2012

Chris Chantler

Undisclosed

Carlisle

06 Jan, 2012

Nedum Onuoha

£2,750,000

QPR

26 Jan, 2012

Greg Cunningham

Undisclosed

Bristol C

05 Jul, 2012

Ben Mee

Undisclosed

Burnley

01 Aug, 2012

Vladimir Weiss

£1,500,000

Pescara

02 Aug, 2012

Jeremy Helan

£400,000

Sheff Wed

12 Jul, 2013

*Denis Suárez

£1,000,000

Barcelona B

22 Aug, 2013

*Could rise to £11,000,000 with add-ons

Emyr Huws

£2,500,000

Wigan

01 Sep, 2014

Dedryck Boyata

£1,500,000

Celtic

02 Jun, 2015

Micah Richards

Free

Aston Villa

16 Jun, 2015

Karim Rekik

£3,500,000

Marseille

02 Jul, 2015

John Guidetti

Released

Celta Vigo

11 Jul, 2015

Jordy Hiwula

£150,000

Huddersfield

17 Jul, 2015

Marcos 'Rony' Lopes

£9,000,000

Monaco

28 Aug, 2015

Seko Fofana

£3,800,000

Udinese

25 Jul, 2016

26.1M + Undisclosed

(*Possibly rising to 37.1M + Undisclosed)

Came across this interesting piece from Rodney while ambling round t'internet:

Exercpt.
"...If you count the caps of Frank Worthington, Bowles, Tony Currie, Peter Osgood, Rodney Marsh and Alan Hudson, Carlton Palmer has got more caps than all those players combined. I think that tells you something. During Graham Taylor's time England had a midfield with Andy Sinton, David Batty, Carlton Palmer and Geoff Thomas. How the <deleted> are you going to win a World Cup with a team like that?"
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/may/21/seven-deadly-sins-football-alf-ramsey-rodney-marsh

Tomorrow, City will be drawn to face one of the five unseeded teams in the draw, which means they will meet either Roma, Young Boys, Monaco, Steaua Bucharest or Rostov.

The draw for the playoff round of the Champions League takes place at 11.00 a.m. BST (6 a.m. ET) on Friday, Aug. 5. The first legs will be played on Aug. 16 or 17 with the returns the following week.

Seeded: Manchester City, FC Porto, Villarreal, Ajax, Borussia Monchengladbach
Unseeded: Roma, Young Boys, Monaco, Steaua Bucharest, Rostov

It's got to be Roma.

23 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Manchester City sign Brazilian Gabriel Jesus

Guardiola has taken Manchester City's summer spending to over £100m by signing the 19-year-old striker for £27m from Brazilian club Palmeiras – with another £4m to come in add-ons.

Jesus is Guardiola’s sixth signing following the deals for Sane, German midfielder Ilkay Gundogan (£20.4m), Spain striker Nolito (£13.8m), Ukraine striker Oleks Zinchenko (1.7m) and Dutch youngster Aaron Mooy.

City are also close to sealing an £8m deal for Colombian whizzkid Marlos Moreno, 19, who will be loaned to Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna.

The Add-ons explained. Lets hope we end up payIng them. 

I

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Part of the deal was that he can play out the remainder of the season in Brazil. Not the same thing as a "loaner" in which you bring someone in and loan them out to any club.

As for financial irresponsibility. We've bought about 6 players for the price of Pogba. Of course we have spent big, no denying that in this crazy transfer wrld but I can't remember us ever breaking premier league transfer records. Think you should be pointing fingers at other clubs first instead of singling out City

youv'e bought a loaner for 27 mil plus, who,  according to your cohorts  you cant even be assured that's gonna be eligible to play for you,  financial irresponsibility??, <deleted> stupid might  be nearer the mark :cheesy:

Edited by rijit

Tomorrow, City will be drawn to face one of the five unseeded teams in the draw, which means they will meet either Roma, Young Boys, Monaco, Steaua Bucharest or Rostov.

The draw for the playoff round of the Champions League takes place at 11.00 a.m. BST (6 a.m. ET) on Friday, Aug. 5. The first legs will be played on Aug. 16 or 17 with the returns the following week.

Seeded: Manchester City, FC Porto, Villarreal, Ajax, Borussia Monchengladbach
Unseeded: Roma, Young Boys, Monaco, Steaua Bucharest, Rostov

It's got to be Roma.

May your dreams come true BB. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Man City have received over £26m in transfer fees, potentially rising with add-on’s to over £36m, for Academy products since 2011

David Ball

Undisclosed

Peterborough

31 Jan, 2011

Kieran Trippier

Undisclosed

Burnley

04 Jan, 2012

Chris Chantler

Undisclosed

Carlisle

06 Jan, 2012

Nedum Onuoha

£2,750,000

QPR

26 Jan, 2012

Greg Cunningham

Undisclosed

Bristol C

05 Jul, 2012

Ben Mee

Undisclosed

Burnley

01 Aug, 2012

Vladimir Weiss

£1,500,000

Pescara

02 Aug, 2012

Jeremy Helan

£400,000

Sheff Wed

12 Jul, 2013

*Denis Suárez

£1,000,000

Barcelona B

22 Aug, 2013

Emyr Huws

£2,500,000

Wigan

01 Sep, 2014

Dedryck Boyata

£1,500,000

Celtic

02 Jun, 2015

Micah Richards

Free

Aston Villa

16 Jun, 2015

Karim Rekik

£3,500,000

Marseille

02 Jul, 2015

John Guidetti

Released

Celta Vigo

11 Jul, 2015

Jordy Hiwula

£150,000

Huddersfield

17 Jul, 2015

Marcos 'Rony' Lopes

£9,000,000

Monaco

28 Aug, 2015

Seko Fofana

£3,800,000

Udinese

25 Jul, 2016

26.1M + Undisclosed

Any idea of an approx value of Academy players in the squad at the moment ?

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

David Ball

Undisclosed

Peterborough

31 Jan, 2011

Kieran Trippier

Undisclosed

Burnley

04 Jan, 2012

Chris Chantler

Undisclosed

Carlisle

06 Jan, 2012

Nedum Onuoha

£2,750,000

QPR

26 Jan, 2012

Greg Cunningham

Undisclosed

Bristol C

05 Jul, 2012

Ben Mee

Undisclosed

Burnley

01 Aug, 2012

Vladimir Weiss

£1,500,000

Pescara

02 Aug, 2012

Jeremy Helan

£400,000

Sheff Wed

12 Jul, 2013

*Denis Suárez

£1,000,000

Barcelona B

22 Aug, 2013

Emyr Huws

£2,500,000

Wigan

01 Sep, 2014

Dedryck Boyata

£1,500,000

Celtic

02 Jun, 2015

Micah Richards

Free

Aston Villa

16 Jun, 2015

Karim Rekik

£3,500,000

Marseille

02 Jul, 2015

John Guidetti

Released

Celta Vigo

11 Jul, 2015

Jordy Hiwula

£150,000

Huddersfield

17 Jul, 2015

Marcos 'Rony' Lopes

£9,000,000

Monaco

28 Aug, 2015

Seko Fofana

£3,800,000

Udinese

25 Jul, 2016

26.1M + Undisclosed

Bit hard to compare like for like when the Website is including players that were bought so therefore not fully developed by the Academy :)

Edited by alfieconn

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, mrbojangles said:

Not pointing any fingers :whistling: To give Jesus' fee perspective:

Most Expensive Teenagers in World Football

1. Martial - ManU - 36M - 19 yrs old -Sept 2015 - [Could cost up to 61M with add-ons]

2. Luke Shaw - ManU - 31M - 19 yrs old - June 2014 [Fullback!]

5. Jesus - MCFC - 27M - 19 yrs old - Aug 2016

6. Rooney - ManU - 26M - 19 yrs old - Aug 2004 [How much in today's money was 26M 12 years ago!]

8. Anderson - ManU - 22M - 19 yrs old - May 2007 [How much in today's money was 22M 9 years ago!]

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/535408/10-most-expensive-teen-transfers-ever-Man-United-stars-Gabriel-Jesus-join-sportgalleries

9 hours ago, rijit said:

youv'e bought a loaner for 27 mil plus, who,  according to your cohorts  you cant even be assured that's gonna be eligible to play for you,  financial irresponsibility??, <deleted> stupid might  be nearer the mark :cheesy:

I know you've been away for a while and probably not up to speed yet, but why persist with the 'loaner' nonsense; MrBJ answered you already on that (Jesus' is at the Olympics and will see out the end of the Brazilian season).

You seem to think that business men, City's management in this case, don't do 'due diligence' before they buy a player. Yes it is likely that City have a hoop to jump through to get Jesus' work permit but we have the Iheanacho precedent and it's unlikely Jesus will not get a work permit, but just say they can't bring in to the Premier, then they could sell him on (ManU, Barcelona and others were all chasing him), or even loan him out.

Come on, stop posting unnecessary comments will ya.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Any idea of an approx value of Academy players in the squad at the moment ?

As stated before recently on here, NOBODY knows who’s in City’s squad until Pep announces his squad (some players may yet be sold, go out on loan, be bought, etc), but the following Academy players were in the recent friendly games vs Bayern and Dortmund, and no, I’ve no idea of their value:

*Players who’ve a Full City Debut (9 of the 15 below)

*Adarabioyo

*Angelino (also loaned out to NYC)

*Barker

Bytyqi

*Celina

Denayer (had season loans out to Celtic – Scottish young player of the season – and Galatasaray)

*Garcia (Aleix)

*Garcia (Manu)

Gunn

Horsfield

*Humphreys

Maffeo (had season loan out to Girona)

O'Brien

*Zuculini

*[Iheanacho]

;)

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Bit hard to compare like for like when the Website is including players that were bought so therefore not fully developed by the Academy :)

Actually Alfie, I know you get upset when I refer to players in/from City’s Academy such as Iheanacho as NOT being fully developed by City’s Academy, but above I was following YOUR lead on the Spurs forum where YOU included Spurs players who were NOT fully developed by the Academy; for example:

Jamie O’Hara (Arsenal),

Massimo Luongo (APIA Leichhardt Tigers),

Paul-José M'Poku (Standard Liège),

Grant Hall (Brighton & Hove Albion Lewes and Brighton & Hove Albion), and,

Alex Pritchard (West Ham).

:thumbsup::)

I know you've been away for a while and probably not up to speed yet, but why persist with the 'loaner' nonsense; MrBJ answered you already on that (Jesus' is at the Olympics and will see out the end of the Brazilian season).

You seem to think that business men, City's management in this case, don't do 'due diligence' before they buy a player. Yes it is likely that City have a hoop to jump through to get Jesus' work permit but we have the Iheanacho precedent and it's unlikely Jesus will not get a work permit, but just say they can't bring in to the Premier, then they could sell him on (ManU, Barcelona and others were all chasing him), or even loan him out.

Come on, stop posting unnecessary comments will ya.

I see your iq aint improved, so youve paid 27 mil plus for a player that you hope will beome eligible for a loan. Dilligence?!! Yeah right.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

29 minutes ago, rijit said:

I see your iq aint improved, so youve paid 27 mil plus for a player that you hope will beome eligible for a loan. Dilligence?!! Yeah right.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We’ve bought a player who will join us in January 2017. City will start paying Gabriel Jesus’s wages only once he leaves Palmeiras.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Actually Alfie, I know you get upset when I refer to players in/from City’s Academy such as Iheanacho as NOT being fully developed by City’s Academy, but above I was following YOUR lead on the Spurs forum where YOU included Spurs players who were NOT fully developed by the Academy; for example:

Jamie O’Hara (Arsenal),

Massimo Luongo (APIA Leichhardt Tigers),

Paul-José M'Poku (Standard Liège),

Grant Hall (Brighton & Hove Albion Lewes and Brighton & Hove Albion), and,

Alex Pritchard (West Ham).

:thumbsup::)

Your not reading my post's again are you ? i said  "Bit hard to compare like for like when the Website is including players that were bought"  anyway if your going to take the above players out of the equation at least work on the same criteria with your list then compare value's :thumbsup::)

18 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Your not reading my post's again are you ? i said  "Bit hard to compare like for like when the Website is including players that were bought"  anyway if your going to take the above players out of the equation at least work on the same criteria with your list then compare value's :thumbsup::)

I always read your posts Alfie. ok, why don't you show us a like for like comparison based on your criteria for City and Spurs academies.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I always read your posts Alfie. ok, why don't you show us a like for like comparison based on your criteria for City and Spurs academies.

Well 3 players we didn't  buy  Townsend, Caulker, Livermoore sold for 28m, you can do the sums for your mob :D