Manchester City

mrbojangles

49 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Don't really mean much does it ? if your playing behind a great defence then of course the Gk stats are going to be better, i doubt very much that LLoris would have been top of the table if he'd been playing for a team at the bottom of the table ! 

Sure Alfie, totally agree but just trying to provide actual stats. One point though, in the absence of Kompany for the majority of last season and the fact us City fans were complaining about our defence, it makes Harts stats even better.

I always find it amazing, I post something, anything and its always the same seagulls that follow the trawler. Laughable.

I'm loving TVs 'ignore' feature by the way, it's made using this forum enjoyable again. Post your comments and only have to read comments of those 'reasonable' TV members. I recommend it. ;-)

^carmine "were the youngest side in the league!  You really do talk some nonsense at times."

Everybody on TV knows Spurs fans are forever telling us that Spurs are the youngest side in the Premier (TM), but that wasn't the point was it. The point you made was "None of our (Spurs) players are old enough for City" to which I proved that close to half your squad ain't young and therefore are old enough for City (your dig that City's players are old). So where's the nonsense?

Carmine, I've given my opinion that of Spurs squad I'd only want Loris. I'm more than hopeful that if we get Kompany fit, alongside Stones, with Otamendi and others were more than good enough at CB. As a Spurs fan I don't expect you to agree with me, as I probably wouldn't agree with which City players you'd want at Spurs.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Fed up about hearing how De Gea is in a different class. Absolute tosh, yes he's good but have no idea how that assumption can be made. Therefore, just did a search on stats for last season. This is fact and not assumptions or throw away statements, so unless anyone can come up with any better stats, I'm taking this one. Lloris was number 1, Forster number 2 and Hart number 3. De Gea different class my backside.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-been-best-goalkeeper-premier-7842908goalkeepers.JPG

think that's a case of stats being misleading though boj. de gea is clearly the best keeper in the division and anyone who thinks lloris, forster or particularly hart are anywhere near him needs their eyes testing.

• Like 1

Just now, StevieH said:

think that's a case of stats being misleading though boj. de gea is clearly the best keeper in the division and anyone who thinks lloris, forster or particularly hart are anywhere near him needs their eyes testing.

Stevie, I was responding to MrRed who said Hart is nowhere near as good as De Gea. Anybody can come ouit and say this guy is better than this guy etc but at least I came out with some stats to show that De Gea isn't as good as (or at least miles better) than plenty of other keepers.  Everyone has focused too much on the Euro's and blamed Hart when in fact the whole of the England team were useless and all should be blamed equally. You don't become a bad goalkeeper over a couple of months.

Just now, StevieH said:

Stevie, I was responding to MrRed who said Hart is nowhere near as good as De Gea. Anybody can come ouit and say this guy is better than this guy etc but at least I came out with some stats to show that De Gea isn't as good as (or at least miles better) than plenty of other keepers.  Everyone has focused too much on the Euro's and blamed Hart when in fact the whole of the England team were useless and all should be blamed equally. You don't become a bad goalkeeper over a couple of months.

Just now, StevieH said:

Just now, StevieH said:

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

To be honest you don't need stats to see it Mr B...it is obvious...even my mate Bertie said that Hart was becoming a liability for you lot last season his distribution is poor is decision making is average and he is prone to make some mistakes all in all Gladys has been very astute in dropping him ...shame really as i would of liked to see him still playing for you :P

The young lad that looks like De Gea might be worth giving a shout to.

You've got a mate called Bertie?

Hart is poor with his feet but I just read he has the 7th best pass completion stats for a Premier goalie last season, I also reckon his kicking long to the wings (usual distribution) was as required by Pellegrini - if Hart had been told to kick short, as Pep requires, surely Hart's percentage would have been higher.

That young lad Angus Gunn ain't ready yet and definitely needs to go out on loan.

A good read...

The Question: can De Bruyne and Silva prosper in their ‘free No8’ roles?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/18/the-question-kevin-de-bruyne-silva-free-roles

I can see once Gundogan is fit, Fernandinho moving to CB if Kompany isn't back or to RB if he is and possibly Fabian 'I see ghosts' Delph having a go at LB.
I'm loving this inventiveness already that Peps brought with him. In the words of Edwyn Collins, "the possibilities are endless".

So won't the real Alek Kolorov please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

I must agree with this. 

5 hours ago, StevieH said:

DP.

Edited by jellydog

City have the manager they and most of the fans have wanted for the past few years. A manager widely respected by his peers. City have had a very productive transfer summer and its not over. City are LOADED with talent and coming off a very impressive victory.

On this forum City fans are moaning about Joe Hart and quoting Joey <deleted> Barton. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rijit, don't disagree with your comments but I think hart deserves better treatment, especially by the club, here.

His kicking is no better or worse that Willys but he's the better goalkeeper so we're being fed bullshit at the moment. If Pep doesn't rate or want him then fine just state that but harts being made to sound worse than inferior Willy and a busted goalkeeper.  He's a fine goalkeeper.  The only goalkeeper in the Premier over him might be DeGea.

End of last season Hart was a good goalkeeper and a couple of mistakes in the Euros hasn't made him worse. 

He 'special treatment  is , a <deleted> big contract that will probably stop him from moving permanently  And being picked for the team aint to do with that or what hes done   its just down to  this week in training and the manager how he see's 'Saturday' being played   , cant see why he should deserve 'better treatment ' than a fringe player .  ' Fed bullshit'  yep and you've bought it and are perpetuating it. tbh this is totally off the cuff and totally my opinion, but when i've heard hart doing interviews, i've thought he was a  none to bright <deleted> so it wouldn't surprise me  if it were a 'personality thing.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

On this forum City fans are moaning about Joe Hart and quoting Joey <deleted> Barton. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Eh? "City fans are moaning about Hart" whom may they be? If Pep wants to get rid for whatever reason, then sobeit, I trust in his decision making. But I won't sit back and let Hart be slagged off by people who haven't seen him play as much as I have. All GK are subjected to scrutiny because they are the last stop but with all of our wealth  why has he been with us for so long and outlasted several managers, not only at City but with England? It's because he's a world class keeper and all of those managers and trainers know a heck of a lot more than we do on here.

As for Barton. He used to be a liability on the pitch and come out with some stupid statements but I have met the lad several times and in person he is quite a different character. We haven't really heard much of him lately and he seems to have kept his head down, maybe age has had a good influence but clubs keep on taking him on.

9 hours ago, StevieH said:

<deleted> quote thing not working correctly

Edited by jellydog

I've always supported Joe. He has had some great moments at City. OTOH he has had some poor moments and I think even his biggest supporters would admit that consistency has not been his strong suit. He clearly does not fit Pep's idea of what a keeper should be. So Pep wants a change. I'd like to be in agreement with my City mates as often as possible but different opinions can't be avoided.

I honestly think if Joe wasn't English this would be a non story. 

MrB-City fans moaning about Joe's "dismissal" to clarify a piece of my previous post.

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A good read...

The Question: can De Bruyne and Silva prosper in their ‘free No8’ roles?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/18/the-question-kevin-de-bruyne-silva-free-roles

I can see once Gundogan is fit, Fernandinho moving to CB if Kompany isn't back or to RB if he is and possibly Fabian 'I see ghosts' Delph having a go at LB.
I'm loving this inventiveness already that Peps brought with him. In the words of Edwyn Collins, "the possibilities are endless".

So won't the real Alek Kolorov please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?

You're all pilled up?

Now I understand BB...keep up with the shapes ne old son!

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

I've always supported Joe. He has had some great moments at City. OTOH he has had some poor moments and I think even his biggest supporters would admit that consistency has not been his strong suit. He clearly does not fit Pep's idea of what a keeper should be. So Pep wants a change. I'd like to be in agreement with my City mates as often as possible but different opinions can't be avoided.

I honestly think if Joe wasn't English this would be a non story. 

MrB-City fans moaning about Joe's "dismissal" to clarify a piece of my previous post.

that's it exactly. hart's an alright goalkeeper, he's fine, he's not brilliant. the news around him is because he's england's first goalkeeper since david seaman who isn't just rubbish. so he's been over-hyped. 

Kelechi Iheanacho has signed a two-year contract extension with the club to 2021.

The 19-year-old scored 14 times last season even though 25 of his 36 appearances were as a substitute.

Iheanacho was City's third-highest scorer in all competitions, behind Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne.

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I always find it amazing, I post something, anything and its always the same seagulls that follow the trawler. Laughable.

I'm loving TVs 'ignore' feature by the way, it's made using this forum enjoyable again. Post your comments and only have to read comments of those 'reasonable' TV members. I recommend it. ;-)

Maybe then you should take a look in the mirror and review some of the old tosh you post.  Surely were not all wrong!!!

• Like 1

Carmine, I have no problem with people posting old tosh [which is why you're not on my 'ignore' ;-) ] but my comment was aimed at people who 'target' someone they dislike and people who just never know when enough is enough - I've now got 3 of those numpties on igbore, it's brilliant (cheers the the Mods' advice). And if anyone has had enough of my old tosh I've given the perfect advice in yesterday's post - use the brilliant 'ignore' feature.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

6 and a half minutes worth of De Gea mistakes. Just saying

Why you picking out De gea why not any other keeper.

It is Hart that has got the boot not De gea, yes he has made mistakes but many was when he was younger, we gave him time to develop and he has into one of the most sort after keepers around.

You can make a montage about any keeper they all make mistakes they are only human, its the time when you really need them that's when the top keepers are worth their weight in gold.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nev said:

Why you picking out De gea why not any other keeper.

It is Hart that has got the boot not De gea, yes he has made mistakes but many was when he was younger, we gave him time to develop and he has into one of the most sort after keepers around.

You can make a montage about any keeper they all make mistakes they are only human, its the time when you really need them that's when the top keepers are worth their weight in gold.

Blimey nev, have you not been reading the thread? Some have said that De Gea is waaaaay better than Hart and there is no comparison. I have shown stats that show the opposite to be true and people have said Hart makes too many mistakes. I was just showing that De Gea makes plenty also. As you say, all keepers make mistakes.

• Like 1