Manchester City

mrbojangles

15 minutes ago, petermik said:

BoJ

You must have been a mod in your misspent youth,bet you daren,t ride that thing past The Grapes on Norden Rd  :facepalm: you would get some stick   :cheesy:

Do you ever remember Brian and Dot at the Grapes? Brian was a big red. Whilst they were away one year me and this other guy had the whole outside wall painted light blue and inside the pub we had an area painted blue with piccies up which we named Kinky's Corner. He took it well and although he had the outside painted back to white sharpish, he let us keep Kinky's Corner for a couple of seasons

I have been the only blue in many pub in Bamford/Norden on derby day, wearing my colours and never got an ounce of bother. I know most in the area and they all know I'm a life longer and we have the banter. They'd love my scooter :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Love that scooter! Bet you and the missus are the talk of the mooban.

Yeah it's one of a kind and even the family who jump on any bike we have lying around, daren't even touch it. I even had an extra dozen decals made and dished them out. Many a moped in the village now has the new badge on the front :D 

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you ever remember Brian and Dot at the Grapes? Brian was a big red. Whilst they were away one year me and this other guy had the whole outside wall painted light blue and inside the pub we had an area painted blue with piccies up which we named Kinky's Corner. He took it well and although he had the outside painted back to white sharpish, he let us keep Kinky's Corner for a couple of seasons

I have been the only blue in many pub in Bamford/Norden on derby day, wearing my colours and never got an ounce of bother. I know most in the area and they all know I'm a life longer and we have the banter. They'd love my scooter :D 

I knew he was a big reds fan yes but its a place I never went in,I,m more of a working mens club drinker (kineow maak maak) was the Grapes the same boozer as Sandy Busby once had?

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah it's one of a kind and even the family who jump on any bike we have lying around, daren't even touch it. I even had an extra dozen decals made and dished them out. Many a moped in the village now has the new badge on the front :D 

Loonies in the boonies.............:cheesy:

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

While I was up in the boonies, I fitted the new city badge decals to scooter

new badge.jpg

Not much room for the trophy stickers then....oh never mind!  nice to see a little bit of red there :D

13 hours ago, MrRed said:

Not much room for the trophy stickers then....oh never mind!  nice to see a little bit of red there :D

With BoJ,s arse plonked over the seat there will be very little to see of the panniers   :cheesy:

55 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Watched the Pep documentary (by Sky?) on youtube last night. Enjoyable watch but can't say I learnt a lot except it made me appreciate what a stalwart he was as a player for Barcelona.

And that should tell you that he will be returning there in the future and his tenure at City is purely for monetary rewards...;)

Regarding"guardiolas culling the squad at City". Currently nobody has officially been culled. Reading between the lines however:

Joe Hart - seems on his way out, but Pep's last comments seemed to be offering an olive branch if Hart is willing to sign up as a Pep discipline. Hard to guess what will happen next.

Yaya - seems on his way out, but I can see Yaya sticking out his last year and maybe becoming an impact sub.

Nasri - seems on his way out. Hasn't featured. Can't see him exerting himself in Pep's system. Decent first 2 years but a passenger of recent seasons.

Mangala - seems on his way out. Hasn't featured. Reckon Stones arrival did for Mangala. Expect him gone soon.

Jason Denayer - seems on his way out. Barely featured preseason and Pep seems to fancy young Tosin more. Not convinced City have given him fair chance this and last season. Maybe his future will depend on Kompany's recovery or non-recovery. Can see him being loaned or sold.

Bony - We're all hoping Arsenal or WHU are daft enough to splash the cash on him. Hoping he's gone very soon. Never worked out.

So probably with the exception of Joe Hart, Pep is merely 'culling' as your average City fan would like the manager to odo anyway.

Hopefully we'll be in it...

Champions League group stage draw:
The draw for this season's group stage takes place on Thursday at 5pm BST.
The draw will be live on BT Sport 2.

Group stage dates:

Matchday one: 13–14 September
Matchday two: 27–28 September
Matchday three: 18–19 October
Matchday four: 1–2 November
Matchday five: 22–23 November
Matchday six: 6–7 December

Expect Bayern or Barca in City's group ;-)

Trying to find out if City vs Steau is on Truevisions.

Truevisions website guide doesn't mention it.

http://th.beinsports.com/schedule/ is useless as it only shows 1 of the 4 channels, BeIN1.

The onscreen schedule shows a game on BeIN2 at 01.40am which could be it.

If Truevisions aren't showing it then it'll be BT Sport 2 on ilikehd.

12 hours ago, Chicog said:

Methinks Joe Hart will have his nose out of joint about todays news.

I read today that Pep doesn't think Hart's good enough with his feet and doesn't rate his distribution.  

Hart's treatment seems rather harsh to me but Pep is ruthless as shown when he took over at Barca and the first thing he did was to axe Ronaldinho

Previous seasons for most games you could forecast Pellegrini's likely starting 11 but I haven't got a clue who Pep will choose tonight.

Usually the M.E.N. writers forecast selections are very similar but just look at the differing selections:

Stu's XI: Hart, Maffeo, Stones, Adarabioyo, Angelino, Delph, Navas, De Bruyne, Toure, Nolito, Iheanacho

Simon's XI: Hart, Maffeo, Mangala, Adarabioyo, Angelino, Delph, Fernando, Toure, Nasri, Navas, Iheanacho

Rob's XI: Hart; Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Stones, Clichy; Fernando, Delph; Navas, Toure, Nolito; Iheanacho

James' XI: Hart; Clichy, Kolarov, Stones, Zabaleta, Fernando, Delph, Silva, Iheanacho, Nolito, Aguero

I can see the following starting. Clichy, Fernando, Delph, Navas, I think KdB needs minutes as he doesn't look sharp, and Iheanacho - that's 6. Beyond those it's difficult to guess, possibly 2 starters from the kids (Maffeo, Angelino, Adarabioyo and Aleix Garcia).

Not sure what the fuss is about;

"Really fancy a kebab Joe, can you run a grab us one?" 

"no hot sauce Joe"

"right go it"

"wait, how hot is it?"

"it's fookin hot"

"yep, no forget the hot sauce, cheers"

Edited by BangrakBob

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 10:37 PM, mrbojangles said:

While I was up in the boonies, I fitted the new city badge decals to scooter

new badge.jpg

Can't make a new post without MrB's moto popping up !

Nacho stretchered off and disturbing visions of Bony tormenting me.

Edited by jellydog

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Can't make a new post without MrB's moto popping up !

Nacho stretchered off and disturbing visions of Bony tormenting me.

You must have been going to reply to it at one stage, didn't do and it saved in your reply box. Should be ok on your next reply.

As for Nacho. Looked quite worrying, suppose we will have to wait to see how severe. As for Bony, don't worry jelly, Pep realises he is useless and will off load ASAP

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You must have been going to reply to it at one stage, didn't do and it saved in your reply box. Should be ok on your next reply.

As for Nacho. Looked quite worrying, suppose we will have to wait to see how severe. As for Bony, don't worry jelly, Pep realises he is useless and will off load ASAP

Exactly the case about the reply box. Let's hope Nacho isn't out for long.

What a dull game last night: City B vs 11 man defence, yawn.

Positives:

Joe Hart, performance was good on a stressful night, support for him was clear (“Don’t sell Joe Hart, super Joey Hart, I just don’t think you ­understand,” sang City fans with gusto throughout the game.). Big man doing that interview; Chapeau!

Maffeo - junior's debut (did ok but looks lightweight - more gym work)

Tosin & Angelino - juniors now part of the squad/team (both look capable)

Kolorov - still shocking us...keep it going son

Stones & Nolito - both settled in very nicely and look an improvement on what we had

Iheanacho - continues to look a player

Excellent goal, clever header from I See Ghosts

Negatives:

Nacho's injury - looked like a calf injury and just for a moment he looked in very serious danger (did he pass out?)

B players look like B players

Navas - apart from the FIRST TIME CROSS (see, he can do it) for the goal, he was awful 3/10

Like Yaya's slimmed down physique but he didn't influence the game as he once would

Not easy against a team that came to defend, but we didn't create and looked more like last season's Pellegrini performance than this year's Pep performance

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Don't know if this Guardian writer is another City fan (like David Conn and Simon Hattenstone) - EDIT supports the Geordies apparently - but he very nicely encapsulates my thoughts and opinions on the Joe Hart situation.

Joe Hart deserves better from Manchester City than to be imprisoned by Pep Guardiola

LUKE EDWARDS

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/25/joe-hart-deserves-better-from-manchester-city-than-to-be-impriso/

Edited by Bredbury Blue
Which teams do football writers support? http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/172173

Just received a message from City website that Johnny Bravo has signed up.

Really could do with another forward. Aguero and Iheanacho only, we have 5 or more kids breaking through but none play upfront, Bony hasn't got it, and I'm not taken with having loads of attacking midfielder/wingers but nit noi forwards.

Just read on the City website that Iheanacho seemed to be walking ok after the game but let's wait for confirmation. If he's injured and out he'll be badly missed.