Manchester City

mrbojangles

31 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Can I be the first to start the "Guardiola Out!" campaign?

Concentrate on your own supporters shouting for Wenger out. No City fan wants Guardiola out. Last nights individual mistakes weren't down to him or his management style. When we played Barca and Bayern 4/5 years ago, we got a football lesson. That wasn't the case last nigh.

Dortmund also gave us a lesson.

In the past few games that I can remember;
Celtic - kolorov mistake
Spurs - kolorov mistake
Everton - stones mistake & 2 missed penalties
Last night -several mistakes resulted in goals.

As I posted before the game, we need no more stupid sending off vs Barca (Bravo now our 4th sending off vs Barca) and no stupid defensive mistakes - didn't happen.

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Concentrate on your own supporters shouting for Wenger out. No City fan wants Guardiola out. Last nights individual mistakes weren't down to him or his management style. When we played Barca and Bayern 4/5 years ago, we got a football lesson. That wasn't the case last nigh.

It doesn't matter what the fans think. It's what Al Nahyan thinks.

I'm sure when he reads my post he'll agree with me.

:clap2:

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^After setting things up and courting Pep for over three years do you really think...never mind.

Barry

Your reply is logical and needs no explaining BUT your owner/master is an oil rich sheik who has little or no knowledge of football and his only concern is in basking in any glory that his huge investment might bring,City are unfortunately just a whim/ plaything.....  when boredom and the lack of return becomes apparent he will spit the dummy out.

Just saying,like it or not........:shock1:

Just watched the game on Astro and apart from Fernandinho's unfortunate slip which gifted Barca 1v0, we were well in it until the stupid sending off. Gifted Barca the 1st and 3rd. Had our chances - Stones had a couple - but poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept us nil, Barca took theirs well. Sterling was decent.

48 minutes ago, petermik said:

Barry

Your reply is logical and needs no explaining BUT your owner/master is an oil rich sheik who has little or no knowledge of football and his only concern is in basking in any glory that his huge investment might bring,City are unfortunately just a whim/ plaything.....  when boredom and the lack of return becomes apparent he will spit the dummy out.

You're really trolling them without substance.

Had a penalty been awarded at the end of the first half this game might have turned out very differently.

• Like 2

Abramovich^Will you guys stop quoting Petermilks comments so I have to read them!

Anyway regarding his comment, weren't they saying the same about chelsea owner way back. Yeah, right, both Abramovich and the Sheik are going to get bored and sell up.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Abramovich^Will you guys stop quoting Petermilks comments so I have to read them!

Anyway regarding his comment, weren't they saying the same about chelsea owner way back. Yeah, right, both Abramovich and the Sheik are going to get bored and sell up.

Who said anything about selling up?

I'm just talking about changing managers like they change their underpants (once a year or something).

He'll bin Guardiola soon enough when he realises that he's a flat track pony.

:smile:

12 hours ago, petermik said:

when boredom and the lack of return becomes apparent he will spit the dummy out.

People have been saying the same thing for 8 years now peter but his plans for City grow every year. Who would have thought 8 years that a Chinese consortium would have invested £265m for just a 13 per cent stake in City. The Sheikh only paid £210m for the whole shebang in 2008. He might sell up one day, in business these things happen. United have had several owners over the years and your current ones just treat United as a cash cow.

But the really good news is that should he ever walk away or sell up, we will be left financially sound and not in debt upto our eyeballs. Us City fans will be forever grateful to our owners, not only for investing so much money but for ensuring we have got back to being profitable. It's all Rosey in our garden.

• Like 1

^"He'll bin Guardiola soon enough when he realises that he's a flat track pony."

His record suggests he's a decent manager.
City fans are impressed with the football he's got us playing - the best since 2011.
We're currently in a decent position in the Premier.
In Europe we probably expected to have 6 points off the jocks and the krauts.
But if he doesn't perform during his tenure then yes he would need to be replaced.

Lot of speculation since Wednesday about Pep and Kun and Pep and Kompany. Whether or not Pep and Aguero get on, Peps clearly critical of Agueros work rate and use outside the box (and so am I), but I thought dropping him to get Gundogan KdB Silva and Fernandinho on together made good sense and for 52 mins it worked well restricting distribution to MSN. Kompany needs to start a few easier games before lining up against a team like Barca.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A good read

Premier League should learn from Pep Guardiola, not pour scorn on him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/oct/21/premier-league-pep-guardiola-manchester-city-claudio-bravo

Be realistic. He inherited one of the best sides in the world when he took over Barca. And Bayern Munich are to Germany what Celtic are to Scotland.

I wouldn't be surprised if he realises that he's bitten off more than he can chew and goes back to the Sheikh with the begging bowl in December.

And of course if he screws up, he'll get his pay off in May and the Sheikh will offer a bundle to whoever has won the Champions League.

The author has it right:

It is also because he is introducing an alien concept here, redefining the art of goalkeeping by making his No1 play out from the back, turning him into an auxiliary midfield playmaker. Well, that might work in Spain. But try to spray a pass on to David Silva’s chest while Andy Carroll’s elbow is lodged down your throat. 

:smile:

Nobody can disagree with "best sides in the world when he took over Barca. And Bayern Munich are to Germany what Celtic are to Scotland", but are you seriously suggesting that he is not a decent manager? THE most coveted manager in the world is a duffer, yeah right Chicog.

I see no reason that he can't go on a win trophies for City as Bobby Manc and This Charming Man did before him.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nobody can disagree with "best sides in the world when he took over Barca. And Bayern Munich are to Germany what Celtic are to Scotland", but are you seriously suggesting that he is not a decent manager? THE most coveted manager in the world is a duffer, yeah right Chicog.

I see no reason that he can't go on a win trophies for City as Bobby Manc and This Charming Man did before him.

Neither do I if he can spend 200 million every transfer window.

:thumbsup:

Its often overlooked that when Pep took over at Barca cokeheads Ronaldinho and Deco were far from their glory days, and as much a distraction as anything else. Pep had immediate success while getting rid of them. Having Messi didn't hurt. Not that he'll be able to duplicate that at City right away and it'll likely take some time...or not.

On 9/25/2016 at 7:07 PM, BangrakBob said:

6 from 6 and not out of 3rd gear, obviously I read the game better than you. ?

Still  hadn't played anyone decent in that six Bobby boy which certainly changed when they did, anyway you keep reading the game as good as you do :passifier:

41 minutes ago, carmine said:

Seems very clear theres going to be a ruthless cull of senior players by Pep.  Still surprising to see Aguero out of favor.  Very strange.

I think Pep has a cob on with Sergio cos he got took off injured in the first game for Argentina in the international break. And then even with the injury worry, he insisted on playing the second game.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

This was the League Table before we were bought. We finished above Spurs. So Spurs must haven crippier. Just sayin

To be fair i wasn't drawing a comparison to Spurs.  I was merely reminding BB of the difference 500m quid makes.