Manchester City

mrbojangles

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^You beat me to the Clichy comment, he's always 2nd favourite.

1stt half 89% possession at one point but didn't look great. 2nd half when they had a go City looked poor (tired?). Gundogan and Aguero disappeared. Constant mistakes in possession. I thought the ever reliable Fernandinho summed up our performance by giving it away or being caught in possession.

Possession is an overrated stat as Mourinho is proving very well.  Its about what you do with your possession, your potency.

The modern game requires more reactive football.

9 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Hahaha silence from the Citeh tonight!

Edit: Except BB... apologies sir!

We are allowed to go out for a pint aren't we smokes?

Saw that snatch and grab goal coming all the second half. Didn't put away our chances and paid for it. Simples

• Like 1

10 hours ago, carmine said:

The modern game requires more reactive football.

Posh wording that carmine..............it is the same as sticking the ball in the onion bag as us working class used to say :clap2:

off down south early doors tomorrow so no footie tonight,no comments from me for the next ten days...you will be glad to hear :thumbsup:

A frustrated Guardiola said: “Do you think it is a problem when the opponent arrives two times a game and we arrive 10 times? In all three games we are much better than the opponent. Now we talk and analyse, is it a problem in the box [not finishing and conceding]. If we end 1-0, we talk about the performance and how good it was.“The second half we didn’t play like the first one but I think they have one chance in the beginning of the second half and the last minute. Everton and Southampton as well, when you see all three games, we drop six points, they arrive maybe four or five times in our box. We create enough chances, we attack really well and control the counterattacks and we create enough chances, more than enough to win the game and when you arrive in the last minutes, just 1-0, everything can happen.”

I still think Pep has a lot to learn and clearly hasn't read the script of that type of game. 2nd half was a struggle as it has been several times this season, he kept pressing for the 2nd - example Nolito on for Gundogan - but there came a point of the game when you try and close it down and hold what you've got. He won't change though.

17 hours ago, jellydog said:

And Clichy. I've seen that before from him in critical situations. He cannot be trusted to mark his man on high balls late.

High balls will always been a problem for some guys,lowering them to a more comfortable level can be achieved with rather delicate surgery :sad:

"Liverpool and Manchester City are joint favourites to win the Premier League title this season...."

I haven't seen enough of the other contenders this season to pass judgement on them or compare them to City, but I'm not sure I can see us winning it this season. We play nice football, we create but we only ever play two natural goalscorers at a time in Kun/Nacho and KdB so we struggle to put teams away, and we leave ourselves wide open on the counter. Only if Pep sorts out that defence do we have a chance.

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Reading the comments on the Spurs forum and in particular the Liverpool forum today, the Premier title is all over bar the shouting.

The rest of us may as well start planning for next season ;-)

which liverpool forum?

on here? i'd call it more a thread than a forum. i think there might be a few more on the wider internet too.

and i don't think i read anything in the liverpool thread on here that implied we're doing any chicken counting yet? far from it to be honest.

I always thought the Liverpool sub whatever to the "Football/Soccer Forum" would have been the Liverpool Forum, but thread works for me.

I'll bet the none Liverpool/Spurs fans on these forums/threads understand exactly my comment, enforced by all the recent comments in the media (you're this weeks media favourites).
;-)

I always thought the Liverpool sub whatever to the "Football/Soccer Forum" would have been the Liverpool Forum, but thread works for me.

I'll bet the none Liverpool/Spurs fans on these forums/threads understand exactly my comment, enforced by all the recent comments in the media (you're this weeks media favourites).
;-)

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

;-)

Amusing this....Liverpool are bang in form at the moment and a joy to watch.

They have also given the other top sides a lot to think about when they have met them.

Definitely they will be around the top come May.

Tottenham are playing well but not really finding that extra spark....jury remains out on our season right now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Amusing this....Liverpool are bang in form at the moment and a joy to watch.

They have also given the other top sides a lot to think about when they have met them.

Definitely they will be around the top come May.

Tottenham are playing well but not really finding that extra spark....jury remains out on our season right now.

but absolutely no liverpool fan is talking about title challenges or anything like that. we're saying similar to you, we're a joy to watch and are just beating teams. so i think it's just bredbury blue being weird and seeing things that aren't there. 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2016 at 11:43 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Read on a website that:
"derby spanking at under 15 level this evening – Manchester City ran out 9-0 victors over Manchester United"

On 11/16/2016 at 1:41 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

City's Under 13s triumphed over their neighbours 5-0.

City's Under 14s went one better – beating their cross town rivals 6-0.

Manchester City Under-15s hammered their Manchester United counterparts 9-0 for the SECOND year in a row.

Absolutely mind boggling info that BB,can we conclude that in another 4/5 years we are going to see total domination of the Premier league by these up and coming superstars :sad:

Last month it was reported in the media that "manure" topped sales worldwide of football shirts over the last five years,Citeh trailed in at 13th place but you must have missed this :sleep:

Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) regarding Man Utd by Man City fans is well and truly ongoing.......I wonder why :passifier: