Manchester City

mrbojangles

Definitely take those points. Need to do far better if we're going to challenge this season, that said, we seem to plodding along but we're still in the mix.

Sometimes managers are frustrating. 2nd half we were crying out for Pep to make a change before we conceded - front players weren't in it, Yaya was labouring (doesn't he always when facing his own goal) and Fernandinho was a oneman midfield - but no, too late, conceded. Similarly Aguero was never in the game (Nolito and Sterling flittered in and out) and I would have had him off halftime.

Very impressed AGAIN with Fernandinho, he popped up everywhere, lost count of times he cleaned up for his defenders.

Bravo remains a worry. Reckon Hart is a better shopstopper and some goals we've conceded I reckon Hart would have stopped. Still can't be easy behind a team that wants to get forward and leaves gaps.

Looking forward to those new fullbacks next season.

Kompany looked ok until he got clattered. Awkward fall, legs in a wierd position. Did well to restart. Boy does he need a change of luck - I'll have a word with the wife when she next goes to the Wat.

On 11/20/2016 at 11:21 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

I hadn't seen more than a handful of Pogba performances before ManU bought him, and based upon all the hype I was expecting to see something special...it's fair to say I've been underwhelmed.

You are underwhelmed at anything concerning that world famous club across the town,its symptomatic of the green eyed monster syndrome,he is 23 years old with a huge price tag on his shoulders playing in the premiership for the first time.....come back sprouting on here in a couple of seasons and if he has not improved I will agree wholeheartedly with you.

p.s. I remember a British record transfer fee paid by City for a certain Steve Daley but citeh fans don,t mention that do they :sad:

On 11/20/2016 at 6:21 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

I hadn't seen more than a handful of Pogba performances before ManU bought him, and based upon all the hype I was expecting to see something special...it's fair to say I've been underwhelmed.

This is fair comment.  I've seen a lot of Pogba and whilst a big fan of his i've been very disappointed with him this season.

Mourinho hasn't exactly helped the situation displaying very clearly he doesn't know how to use him either.

All said i still think he'll come good but his manager needs to wake up and learn from the likes of Conte on how he deployed him.  Ofcourse he's far too arrogant to do that so we'll just wait and see...

Over to you petermik!!!

39 minutes ago, petermik said:

p.s. I remember a British record transfer fee paid by City for a certain Steve Daley but citeh fans don,t mention that do they :sad:

Peter, us City fans could fill these pages up for weeks on end about how garbage we were in the past and how money (what little we had) was wasted and what a roller coaster ride we've had but what's the point, we are in the now.

I suppose we don't bring up Steve Daley cos it was 30 years ago and probably for the same reasons that United fans never mention Garry Birtles, Massimo Taibi, Bebe, Anderson, Kleberson etc, etc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, carmine said:

This is fair comment.  I've seen a lot of Pogba and whilst a big fan of his i've been very disappointed with him this season.

Mourinho hasn't exactly helped the situation displaying very clearly he doesn't know how to use him either.

All said i still think he'll come good but his manager needs to wake up and learn from the likes of Conte on how he deployed him.  Ofcourse he's far too arrogant to do that so we'll just wait and see...

Over to you petermik!!!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:....................ok :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Peter, us City fans could fill these pages up for weeks on end about how garbage we were in the past and how money (what little we had) was wasted and what a roller coaster ride we've had but what's the point, we are in the now.

Happy to hear you put so much hope and trust and in your owners :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Really,who else did BB comment on?........your glasses are letting U down BJ :sad:

But you said

9 hours ago, petermik said:

he is 23 years old with a huge price tag on his shoulders playing in the premiership for the first time

So you can't be talking about Pogba as he was previously at United for 3 years and had already made his debut in the Prem in 2012

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

But you said

So you can't be talking about Pogba as he was previously at United for 3 years and had already made his debut in the Prem in 2012

Sorry BJ I did not realise you were being pedantic,of course Pogba actually made two SUBSTITUTE appearances for United in the premiership in 2011/2012 season.His first FULL start and therefore his "debut" was this season and I should have made this comment more clearly in my first reply to BB,s criticism of him.

Man Utd are the club many other English football fans love to hate,and why.......because they have been so successful :thumbsup:

As of now we have  20 Championship titles and 3 European champions league titles in the trophy cabinet,no need to mention all the others (World Club Winners/FA cup etc etc) what tomorrow brings no-one knows but if whoever overtakes us in my lifetime I will put my hands together and applaud them.

No bitterness or hate from me,just admiration to whichever team it may be :jap:

16 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Even if its the Scousers Peter??

Absolutely smokie,as it is of now their record in Europe is better than ours......good luck to them or whoever :thumbsup:

Absolute mystery as to why they have not won the Premiership yet,26 bloody years for a club of their standing..........if you were a betting man what odds would you have got for predicting that :sad:

Edited by petermik

13 hours ago, petermik said:

Absolutely smokie,as it is of now their record in Europe is better than ours......good luck to them or whoever :thumbsup:

Absolute mystery as to why they have not won the Premiership yet,26 bloody years for a club of their standing..........if you were a betting man what odds would you have got for predicting that :sad:

Bollorcks to that i dont want city or the dippers winning anything full stop.