Manchester City

mrbojangles

On 12/26/2016 at 9:25 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

^City seem to be the late game too bloody often for my liking. Today away vs Hull = late game. New Year's Eve away vs red scousers = late game.

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

And no trains are on to take the supporters back to Manchester

Ellen Smiths have laid on their mini-bus (the big 15 seater)......sorted :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Ellen Smiths have laid on their mini-bus (the big 15 seater)......sorted :thumbsup:

It might be a tad uncomfortable for our 4/5,000 fans but it's only a short hop to Manchester. United fans couldn't do it all the way back to Larndon though.

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Complain to City's Owner, why?
Does City's owner compile City's fixture list? No he doesn't. Very strange post that champers.

I think it's a bit naive to think that there is no influence from owners. It is broadcasters who move kick-off times, not the people who compile the fixtures. My previous post was half tongue in cheek. This time of year the EPL, EFL and the FA Cup have a free run while other major European leagues are on their mid season break.Broadcasters and their advertisers get maximised coverage at this time, including Etihad. I'm not criticising it, it generates more money for the game.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

61 – David Silva has provided more Premier League assists than any other player in the competition since his debut.

Iheanacho has the best goals-to-minutes ratio of any player in Premier League history.

KdB has hit the woodwork 6 times this season.

How many times has he hit it over the bar BB ? :laugh: note to himself, must work harder on finishing :sad:

^"I think it's a bit naive to think that there is no influence from owners.

It is broadcasters who move kick-off times, not the people who compile the fixtures."

Agree with your 2nd point.

Not sure I agree with your 1st point; can't recall every seeing anything referring to Owners influencing fixture dates and/or times of games but I'll keep an eye open for that just in case I am being naive.

Perhaps bear in mind that an owner and a major advertiser can be one and the same company  (City, Leicester) or a major club sponsor is a major global advertiser (Arsenal). Barcelona (sponsors Qatar airlines) are off air and their rivals sponsor's competitors; Etihad and Emirates; can make hay when the sun shines.

^JD, apart from Iheanacho (team) goal which was superb, you missed nothing. Watch the highlights on City website. Consider yourself lucky you missed it.

Of our Argentinians, Otamendi had a decent game, Willy and Zaba were on the bench and Aguero is back next game.

Kelechi Iheanacho has netted 12 Premier League goals from just 19 shots on target - now that's impressive.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See the ManU arrogance never goes away, even when in decline.

Awwwww lighten up it is called banter not arrogance, you dish it out get it back, so suck it in, even bluemoon are dishing it out in abundance too your own team!!!

I wouldn't say City were the best side. We had most possession - Liverpool seemed content to cede possession - but we created little. Thought Liverpool looked more dangerous when they were around our box. Firmino misses a great opportunity when he couldn't control it. I actually thought a draw a fair result but that said I can't remember any City clear chances.

I was hoping Pep would hook Aguero and/or Sterling who created little.

That James Milner is a decent fullback, maybe we should put a bid in for him.

Bravo. Half a season gone and it's hard to remember him making a save, he's certainly never put a decent or memorable performance in for us. He's badly letting us down though whichever 4 are in front aren't helping but he doesn't look a goalkeeper for us.

Pep cast Yaya aside and Yaya though not back to his best now looks first choice again and I trust him. Pep cast Hart aside but he's clearly not going to man up and admit what all City fans have known for a while that he should have kept Hart and let Hart and Bravo fight it out - Hart would have been back as first choice by October.
Those 2 mistakes and not strengthening the defence has killed our challenge this season.

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Yep I think that statistic says it. As a matter of interest Bob, how many touches did Liverpool have in City's box?

Not sure BB it just popped up on my feed from Opta stats, but I could imagine it wasn't a great deal more. 

Augero had 0 for the match. 

our tactics for the match, old fashioned grind out and stopping City playing. As much as City may have contributed I think we did well to do that. 

Something that was questioned being possible by this team. 

Overall, another poor performance out of City. The first half was abysmal. They stepped it up in the second but Liverpool weathered the mini-storm. Even with more energy in the second half City never looked incisive in the final third. Even Silva struggled on the ball much of the time which you don't often see. The only attacking City player for me who rarely looked out of kilter was KDB.

Must be said again that Kolarov was laughably bad. On the other hand how much better would Clichy have been ? Clichy makes fewer obvious gaffes but adds next to nothing. This is the fullback situation I'm afraid.

Expectations about winning the league out the window now I think. The hope is that Pep can find a way to finish top 4. It likely won't be easy given the competition, especially now that Man United seem to be on track.

Happy New Year !:shock1:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bravo. Half a season gone and it's hard to remember him making a save, he's certainly never put a decent or memorable performance in for us. He's badly letting us down though whichever 4 are in front aren't helping but he doesn't look a goalkeeper for us.

Pep cast Yaya aside and Yaya though not back to his best now looks first choice again and I trust him. Pep cast Hart aside but he's clearly not going to man up and admit what all City fans have known for a while that he should have kept Hart and let Hart and Bravo fight it out - Hart would have been back as first choice by October.
Those 2 mistakes and not strengthening the defence has killed our challenge this season.

Hang on a minute,it was only 2 weeks ago that you were saying that he has only made one mistake or a booboo as you called it :biggrin: and it was me who said that not strengthening the defence was also a mistake, crikey how things change :1zgarz5::1zgarz5:

BB: his one booboo to date is loaning out Hart -

"Alfie : "His one booboo"  so is not strengthening his defence in the summer and  spending 98m on attacking players not another mistake ? 

:cheesy::cheesy: