Manchester City

mrbojangles

^Apparently Navas was alao found in Boring James Milner's pockets.

Strange that Milner left City on the pretense of wanting to nail down a central midfield position and he's ended up Liverpool's utility player just as he was at City (think what he was really saying was he wanted a nailed down starting position which he's got at Liverpool, which he couldn't get at City 2 seasons back but he might now if he'd stuck around - think Pep would like him). Always rated Jimmy; like Zaba, gives everything every time.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

The M.E.N. writers as usual are picking their starting 11 for today's game and suggesting changes
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-burnley-line-up-12384943

I think Pep needs to pick his best starting 11and pick it every week now (I'm a great believer in players benefit from playing regular together). I'd go for:
- Either goalkeeper (both unconvincing)
- Zaba and Kolorov (Clichy having lost his speed looks finished to me)
- Otamendi and Stones (Kompany n Stones if vinny comds back)
- Fernandinho and Yaya
- Silva, KdB, Aguero and Nolito to start (with Sterling on 2nd half for Nolito).

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Apparently Navas was alao found in Boring James Milner's pockets.

Strange that Milner left City on the pretense of wanting to nail down a central midfield position and he's ended up Liverpool's utility player just as he was at City (think what he was really saying was he wanted a nailed down starting position which he's got at Liverpool, which he couldn't get at City 2 seasons back but he might now if he'd stuck around - think Pep would like him). Always rated Jimmy; like Zaba, gives everything every time.

He's now one of the best left-backs in the league and he has 5 goals and 3 assists to boot.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

He's now one of the best left-backs in the league and he has 5 goals and 3 assists to boot.  

Yeah, Milner has been a revelation at left back. Hindsight being 20-20, but he puts both Kolarov and Clichy to shame.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Easier link for anyone who's interested in Nevs post
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2525656/pep-guardiola-sees-manchester-city-as-a-second-tier-team-on-the-level-of-villarreal-spanish-journalist-close-to-him-claim, in fact I think the whole football forum would be interested in your manager cracking up seeing as in September all we heard was about Pep this Pep that, he is being found out and starting to crack up.

Edited by nev

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I really enjoyed watching Peps interview actually. Nice to see him not being so superficially nice and now beginning to act like the other managers - pleasant when going their way, unpleasant when not.

I liked it as well. I don't think he is cracking up, I think he was hacked off with some reffing decisions (as well as some players) and so he let his feelings be known without actually saying something that would have landed him in trouble. 

The Sun article posted above. Isn't Pep only stating the facts and the opinion the club has been stating these Sheikh seasons that City don't have the history or the success of the teams mentioned; seems everybody is listening in a bit too much on Peps every word and nuance.

The media axes are obviously being aimed at Pep currently and he'd be wise to adopt Rednose/Mourinho siege mentality. An article with a more balanced perspective:
http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/comment-is-pep-guardiola-really-planning-to-quit-manchester-city-or-is-he-just-a-oneman-melodrama-35338544.html

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I liked it as well. I don't think he is cracking up, I think he was hacked off with some reffing decisions (as well as some players) and so he let his feelings be known without actually saying something that would have landed him in trouble. 

Why should he be hacked off with the Fernandinho sending off ?

18 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Pep's just under pressure and showing it a little.  Goes with the territory.  And he's probably more hacked off with fernandinho

I think it was harsh (we have had a full 2 footed lunge at one of our players totally go unpunished) but also I am still not sure their goal should have counted. I thought Bravo got fouled before it went over the line

Sent from my SM-G925I using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think it was harsh (we have had a full 2 footed lunge at one of our players totally go unpunished) but also I am still not sure their goal should have counted. I thought Bravo got fouled before it went over the line

Sent from my SM-G925I using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

So it was harsh because one of there players went unpunished ? :biggrin:     Bravo did get fouled but the ball had already gone over the line.

I see that you didn't mention that Sagna should have been off for kicking Boyd, strange that :laugh: