Manchester City

mrbojangles

I thought Willy was ok last night and I'd also be happy if he had a run out in upcoming games.

Yaya has impressed me since he's come back. He's rejuvenated, really contributing and looks so comfortable. Currently I wouldn't like to see him moved on...hehas more to offer.

Zaba was impressive last night. I know he started his career as a midfielder but he looked very impressive last night and I'd say he offers more than Nando.

Sterling had a night where the ball stuck and didn't ping off or trip him up. He's either very decent or very average.

KdB has been quieter recently but Silva has been taking up the slack. Silva was untouchable last night. From the Guardian:
"a virtuoso display from David Silva, the floating midfield sprite...Silva ended the game as a contest with the third before half-time. He practically had a cigar out before he placed his shot past Adrián."

It's the first time under Pep and for a long time where we've played well for the full 90.

On 1/6/2017 at 0:47 AM, Rc2702 said:

"Your man pep is looking tired and frustrated."
Think you'll find he always looks intense, he's a football manager, underpressure and is no different to Klopp and the rest.

Klopp smiles a bit too much for my liking and your defensive nature is telling. I think your a bit unsure of PG yourself given the comments. Blowing off a bit of steam eh. 

That last chap Manwell was treated pretty shoddily last season."
Nonsense! He was fully aware that he was 2nd choice to Pep who City had been chasing for many years. And did you watch us last season? We were stagnating under him."

I'll take your word for it but I'm pretty sure a few people would disagree but you know best blue your propa! - so you believe he was told "keep this seat warm for us and even if you win your just a seat warmer" PG kept you hanging and he is already thinking of his next move. 

By the looks of Mancini's it was a fiery temperament that lost the dressing room and clearly I know a bit of info or you would not be typing out this rebuttal but i'll tell you. Thanks for reminder RE Gary Cooke I knew the story I just could not put my finger on it. and that other chap Marwood.  Calamitous times as I said unprofessional and shoddy from the management down. What was it with these chaps. They wanted a bit of airtime make a face I have no idea but it was shoddy stuff and I see you are in agreement. Thanks for confirming my thoughts and providing the damn in evidence that shows what a bloody shambles you have been during the sheiks tenure. Best get it straightened out.

"He's been with us for is it 19 premier league games and supposedly we're doing so badly (we're 2 points behind Liverpool in 3rd and still in the champions league). He's inherited basically Mancini's team (Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kolarov, Clichy, Zaba, Kompany and Hart) and some Pellegrini players. He's had one transfer window when he picked up a few players but failed to get the 3 defenders he wanted.

Give him time. Did Klopp turn Liverpool around in 19 games? No. He needed time - he still neefs time. Pep needs time to build HIS team. "

Sounds a bit desperate blue he made the following signings 

Gundogan, Nolito, Aleksandar Zinchenko, Aaron Mooy, Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Marlos Moreno John stones

Fair enough some young heads but gundog an and nolito and stones are for now. Sane should be tuned in shortly. Add those to a world class stars like Aguero and KDB sprinkle in some extremely strong potential in raheem sterling (approaching 100 Pl appearances? ) and inheanacho and there's a fair few not being mentioned still and your getting all "bossed" about burnley at home? Your in the prem lad div 1 days are over it was a given even with 9 men. (Burnley away very different team to burnley at home)

Those tops turvy days are back for you lad and I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps PG knows something we all don't.  No one cracks as fast as that as experienced as he is. He speaks 5 languages fluently btw and FYI the one feature I noted more than anything about Klopp arrival was his enthusiasm and it rained from him with words, expressions etc. Your man looks like he is already regretting the task in hand so I am not shocked by your defensive stance.

Thanks for the ammo son.

Next.

A. Rc2702 you stated that “To be fair man city have not acted all that professionally since the sheiks takeover”, and on being challenged on what that meant you gave the following pathetic examples:

1. “The announcement of PG last season so early took your rails off. Unfair to Manwell who showed true professionalism” – as already responded, Manual Pellegrini made the announcement, not City, and probably he made it without City’s agreement to make it so soon.

2. “Not giving out birthday cards and cakes to key players” – Embarrassing yourself.

3. “Mark Hughes was not given a hope in hells chance and that would have been fitting” – as already responded, the owner’s inherited Hughes, from memory I think he was given 15 months (from Sept 2008 to December 2009), he didn’t do great did he and was rightly removed for the Owner’s own choice in Mancini. The records show Mancini was a success. Did the Owner’s act unprofessionally in removing Hughes? No, though it was unfortunate that it was leaked that he was going to be axed.

B. Rc2702 you stated “I'll take your word for it but I'm pretty sure a few people would disagree but you know best blue your propa! - so you believe he was told "keep this seat warm for us and even if you win your just a seat warmer" PG kept you hanging and he is already thinking of his next move.

Doubt Pellegrini was told "keep this seat warm for us and even if you win your just a seat warmer". What we do know so far, from Pellegrini’s own mouth is:

Manuel Pellegrini on 01.02.2016: “I knew Manchester City were hiring Pep Guardiola a month ago... the club were right to announce it today”…”There has been a lot of speculation about things, but they (the club) are not doing anything behind me. I knew this one month ago

Manuel Pellegrini on 10.11.2016: "I knew Pep was Manchester City's first choice when they gave me the job", claims Manuel Pellegrini. The Chilean was aware how close the club's bosses were to Guardiola and says it was only a matter of time before the ex-Barca boss took over at the Etihad.

C. Rc2702 you stated “Thanks for reminder RE Gary Cooke I knew the story I just could not put my finger on it. and that other chap Marwood.  Calamitous times as I said unprofessional and shoddy from the management down”.

I doubt that you did know the Gary Cooke vs Nedum’s mum story. I don’t think you can blame the club as you are doing, it was an individual (Cooke) who was unprofessional, he knew it and he did the right thing on ‘falling on his own sword’ in order not to unfairly taint the club for his stupidity.

D. Rc2702 you stated “Thanks for confirming my thoughts and providing the damn in evidence that shows what a bloody shambles you have been during the sheiks tenure. Best get it straightened out.

Don’t know what statement of mine (or Mr BJ’s who was also responding to your nonsense) makes you think I confirmed your thoughts and provided any evidence alluding to any negative thoughts of mine towards the sheiks/the owners or their management of City – I DID NOT! Seems to me from reading your posts that you post and don’t read the response and then think people have agreed with you, I haven’t, I think you know little about City past and present, and think you’d be better sticking to your Liverpool forum instead of supplying the forum members proof of your lack of knowledge of their clubs.

E. Rc2702 you stated “Sounds a bit desperate blue he made the following signings: Gundogan, Nolito, Aleksandar Zinchenko, Aaron Mooy, Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Marlos Moreno John stones.”

Why does a new manager or even any manager signing players make him desperate? Isn’t that what they do? Isn’t that part of their job? Further proof of a nonsense baiting posting. Throw it out there and see what sticks. Gundogan, Nolito, Stones, Sane and Jesus are highly rated current internationals. Zinchenko, Mooy and Moreno have been bought with the future in mind (possibly bought only to sell on at a higher price) and have been loaned out. Nothing to see here mate.

F. Rc2702 you stated “your getting all "bossed" about burnley at home?”.

Didn’t see the game did you! With 10 men WE bossed the game. It was an excellent performance to play with 10 men for 65 minutes and not once was it noticeable that we were a man down.

G. Rc2702 you stated “Thanks for the ammo son.

How old are you? You’re unreal son, un-fackin-real! You’re certainly making a name for yourself on the Football forum.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A. Rc2702 you stated that “To be fair man city have not acted all that professionally since the sheiks takeover”, and on being challenged on what that meant you gave the following pathetic examples:

1. “The announcement of PG last season so early took your rails off. Unfair to Manwell who showed true professionalism” – as already responded, Manual Pellegrini made the announcement, not City, and probably he made it without City’s agreement to make it so soon.

2. “Not giving out birthday cards and cakes to key players” – Embarrassing yourself.

3. “Mark Hughes was not given a hope in hells chance and that would have been fitting” – as already responded, the owner’s inherited Hughes, from memory I think he was given 15 months (from Sept 2008 to December 2009), he didn’t do great did he and was rightly removed for the Owner’s own choice in Mancini. The records show Mancini was a success. Did the Owner’s act unprofessionally in removing Hughes? No, though it was unfortunate that it was leaked that he was going to be axed.

B. Rc2702 you stated “I'll take your word for it but I'm pretty sure a few people would disagree but you know best blue your propa! - so you believe he was told "keep this seat warm for us and even if you win your just a seat warmer" PG kept you hanging and he is already thinking of his next move.

Doubt Pellegrini was told "keep this seat warm for us and even if you win your just a seat warmer". What we do know so far, from Pellegrini’s own mouth is:

Manuel Pellegrini on 01.02.2016: “I knew Manchester City were hiring Pep Guardiola a month ago... the club were right to announce it today”…”There has been a lot of speculation about things, but they (the club) are not doing anything behind me. I knew this one month ago

Manuel Pellegrini on 10.11.2016: "I knew Pep was Manchester City's first choice when they gave me the job", claims Manuel Pellegrini. The Chilean was aware how close the club's bosses were to Guardiola and says it was only a matter of time before the ex-Barca boss took over at the Etihad.

C. Rc2702 you stated “Thanks for reminder RE Gary Cooke I knew the story I just could not put my finger on it. and that other chap Marwood.  Calamitous times as I said unprofessional and shoddy from the management down”.

I doubt that you did know the Gary Cooke vs Nedum’s mum story. I don’t think you can blame the club as you are doing, it was an individual (Cooke) who was unprofessional, he knew it and he did the right thing on ‘falling on his own sword’ in order not to unfairly taint the club for his stupidity.

D. Rc2702 you stated “Thanks for confirming my thoughts and providing the damn in evidence that shows what a bloody shambles you have been during the sheiks tenure. Best get it straightened out.

Don’t know what statement of mine (or Mr BJ’s who was also responding to your nonsense) makes you think I confirmed your thoughts and provided any evidence alluding to any negative thoughts of mine towards the sheiks/the owners or their management of City – I DID NOT! Seems to me from reading your posts that you post and don’t read the response and then think people have agreed with you, I haven’t, I think you know little about City past and present, and think you’d be better sticking to your Liverpool forum instead of supplying the forum members proof of your lack of knowledge of their clubs.

E. Rc2702 you stated “Sounds a bit desperate blue he made the following signings: Gundogan, Nolito, Aleksandar Zinchenko, Aaron Mooy, Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Marlos Moreno John stones.”

Why does a new manager or even any manager signing players make him desperate? Isn’t that what they do? Isn’t that part of their job? Further proof of a nonsense baiting posting. Throw it out there and see what sticks. Gundogan, Nolito, Stones, Sane and Jesus are highly rated current internationals. Zinchenko, Mooy and Moreno have been bought with the future in mind (possibly bought only to sell on at a higher price) and have been loaned out. Nothing to see here mate.

F. Rc2702 you stated “your getting all "bossed" about burnley at home?”.

Didn’t see the game did you! With 10 men WE bossed the game. It was an excellent performance to play with 10 men for 65 minutes and not once was it noticeable that we were a man down.

G. Rc2702 you stated “Thanks for the ammo son.

How old are you? You’re unreal son, un-fackin-real! You’re certainly making a name for yourself on the Football forum.

Can see someone else being put on ignore by bb soon :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Can see someone else being put on ignore by bb soon :cheesy:

Lol I can tear that apart in 2 minutes and I do it all with one thumb btw. From conspiracy theories to selective vision and memory BB. A quick glance and I can see your bed being made already. You should put me on ignore mate cos your gonna be crying in your beer once you see my reply. I'm gonna nail you to the floor but you know I feel at a disadvantage at present so for you I'm gonna write up the content on the PC and paste it into here for you.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not long alfie, not long, then I'll have 4 numpties on ignore.

Well i'm obviously not one of the four cos you read my post's :passifier:

Anyway, perhaps you need to look at yourself cos you seem to fall out with quite a few posters, you even bored poor old Jack to death, so much so that he packed it in and he was suppose to be a comrade :ohmy:

• Like 1

^Ah but Hughes DIDN'T buy a Centre Back (Kompany) to play as a Def Mid when he already had De Jong, as City bought Kompany first (22 August 2008) and as a Def Mid and later bought De Jong (21 January 2009). 

The link is called wikipedia - its a wonderful source of information, try it before posting.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Ah but Hughes DIDN'T buy a Centre Back (Kompany) to play as a Def Mid when he already had De Jong, as City bought Kompany first (22 August 2008) and as a Def Mid and later bought De Jong (21 January 2009). 

The link is called wikipedia - its a wonderful source of information, try it before posting.

Well perhaps you should have read it before you posted the incorrect info below :cheesy:

Hughes bought him as a central midfielder (holding) for City (same as de Jong at the time). He was average there and de Jong was the better player in that position.

Edin Dzeko names Manchester City midfielder as his greatest ever teammate

The forward explained: "This is a difficult choice as I’ve played with so many great players. "I think I would have to go with David Silva, he does amazing things with the ball and they don’t call him the Little Magician for nothing."This guy was brilliant with his feet, he could take any ball you gave him, control it, and pass it on."All of us were always amazed by his ability and technique. He is definitely the best I’ve played with.”

For me, Silva and King Colin are the greatest/most talented players I've seen in a City shirt for different reasons. I hope to add KdB to those 2 names in years to come; he certainly looks good enough.

George Weah was a big deal. A few years prior to city of course. But that payout was sublime for 2 weeks "work".

I like goalscorers myself and Aguero has been a great servant to city with a very impressive goals to games tally. 

The future? A few players there could take the mantle. Looks like KdB is leading the pack but a few youngsters around him show promise.

What about team spirit, unity and all that?

Tottenham seem to have that in abundance as do liverpool.

Man City Under-23s beat 10-man rivals Man Utd Under-23s 3-1 in the Premier League 2 on Monday.Goals from Brahim Diaz, Isaac Buckley-Ricketts and Paolo Fernandes gave Simon Davies' side the victory after United defender Regan Poole was sent off in the 14th minute. Poole was dismissed for a dangerous lunge on Fernandes.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Man City Under-23s beat 10-man rivals Man Utd Under-23s 3-1 in the Premier League 2 on Monday.Goals from Brahim Diaz, Isaac Buckley-Ricketts and Paolo Fernandes gave Simon Davies' side the victory after United defender Regan Poole was sent off in the 14th minute. Poole was dismissed for a dangerous lunge on Fernandes.

Why do you only give academy results where your boy's have won ?

• Like 1

Do you like conspiracy theories?

Why Man City fans fear referee Lee Mason!

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola and his players were unhappy with the official's display but Blues supporters have a long history of regarding him as a jinx.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-referee-lee-mason-12432882

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Do you like conspiracy theories?

Why Man City fans fear referee Lee Mason!

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola and his players were unhappy with the official's display but Blues supporters have a long history of regarding him as a jinx.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-referee-lee-mason-12432882

Clearly you do Baits. FYI your man chicog has been spotted, mystery solved. Baits bottom line city will be lucky to get into 3rd spot this season. How do you feel about that? Can you handle that? Guardiola is well aware you boys have blown it. 4 games lost that's not the kind of return the sheiks looking for is it sonny come on tell the truth you been cried 4 times already this season and I suspect you jumped on a plane just to grab a few copies of the Manchester Evening News just in case you missed anything?

Let me know Bates

Come on Bolton!

Crystal Palace will not be shown live on television if they make it through to the fourth round of the FA Cup – but there is a reason behind it.The Eagles face a third round replaywith Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday, with the winners going through to face Manchester City in the last 32 of the competition.But the game will only be shown live on BBC One at 4pm on Sunday, January 29 if Bolton Wanderers are successful in making it through to the fourth round, with Manchester United's match with Wigan Athletic being shown live instead if Palace make it through.However, Eagles chairman Steve Parish has said the club turned down the opportunity for television coverage, as it meant moving the game to the Sunday afternoon and left no time to prepare for the next game, away at Bournemouth on Tuesday, January 31 in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As I've said repeatedly over the years on here, I post for City fans (not for non-City fans) but I've taken a note of the Spurs fans interest.

Yep, we have noticed lad, your time is wasted on here you should be on bluemoon where myopic views is the norm.