Manchester City

mrbojangles

I'd be amazed if city's heirachy - Pep up to Owner - weren't aware that a rebuilding exercise needs doing as the core of the team remains Mancini's and are now say 28 to 33 year olds, and that Pep needs to build HIS OWN TEAM which takes a few transfer windows. So while the 'interest' on this forum is nice (ho ho), weren't not in such a bad position, and I'd be surprised if there was any kneejerk reaction from the Owner now he's got the manager he's wanted for 8 years and I'm confident we'll be alright.

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'd be amazed if city's heirachy - Pep up to Owner - weren't aware that a rebuilding exercise needs doing as the core of the team remains Mancini's and are now say 28 to 33 year olds, and that Pep needs to build HIS OWN TEAM which takes a few transfer windows. So while the 'interest' on this forum is nice (ho ho), weren't not in such a bad position, and I'd be surprised if there was any kneejerk reaction from the Owner now he's got the manager he's wanted for 8 years and I'm confident we'll be alright.

You're 5th.

That's a disaster for City in May.

Just sayin'. :coffee1:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You don't know Arabs like I do.

He might have thought that winning the CL with Barcelona meant Pep would automagically win it for Citeh, but they soon get bored with their toys when they don't work like they think they should.

:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Claudio Bravo has conceded 14 goals from the last 22 shots and something like 25 ish  plus from 55 ish  in total.  listening to mondays bbc footie podcast, an everton fan mate of nevin rang him and said it was the weirdest 4-0 he'd ever seen.everton  barely had 4 shots all game and scored 4 times , suggests  bravo's been well and truly 'found out' ,  weird cos no way is he a poor keeper he's won international medals with chile and domestic honours in spain. beg's a question is the back line up to scratch?  either way pep needs to sort and prove his metal, has he EVER had this sort of prob to deal with b4 ?

^It was a wierd game.

Bravo's save success of 55.4% is way below the league average. He’s produced just 31 saves from the 56 shots on target he has faced, with his success rate way down on predecessor Joe Hart’s figure both this season with Torino (67.5%) and in six seasons at Manchester City(71.8%). More to the point, I don't remember one fantastic save or a game where he's saved us. I'd take him out of the firing line for a while and bring in wobbly willy.

plenty of keepers have had dodgy settling/adjusting periods, utd's boy 4 a start when he was a newbie, he wobbled now could be argued he's the best in the prem. With city paying 40 plus for the likes of mangela, who from what i've seen  would struggle in the championship  one could question the prev' standard of recruitment  as much as pep's recent buys    making it interesting that the pundits were saying the best performers recently have been mancine buy's, which sort of backs that up.

13 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Spot on post.

Truth is City are doomed this season.

For christs sake smokes don,t say that.... some of our esteemed City followers will be considering hari kari :sad:

Pep was brought in to take City on to another level was a comment made on here nine months ago,is that an upper or lower one they must be wondering now :whistling:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, petermik said:

For christs sake smokes don,t say that.... some of our esteemed City followers will be considering hari kari :sad:

Pep was brought in to take City on to another level was a comment made on here nine months ago,is that an upper or lower one they must be wondering now :whistling:

I think its fair to say that City have regressed under Guardiola.  Put in another way; where do you see the positives?

Maybe we should all wait to see the player reaction this coming weekend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^It was a wierd game.

Bravo's save success of 55.4% is way below the league average. He’s produced just 31 saves from the 56 shots on target he has faced, with his success rate way down on predecessor Joe Hart’s figure both this season with Torino (67.5%) and in six seasons at Manchester City(71.8%). More to the point, I don't remember one fantastic save or a game where he's saved us. I'd take him out of the firing line for a while and bring in wobbly willy.

That makes it sound reasonable :biggrin: he's save success is the 4th worst in the league since 2009/2010   :post-4641-1156693976:

^I think its fair to say that City have regressed under Guardiola.

I just typed a long retort to that statement but the wonderful TV system screwed and I can't be arsed to type it again. I disagree. City have regressed since Pellegrini Premiership but we're definitely no worse than the past 2 seasons and some ways better. Goalkeeping dept has regressed under Pep.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I think its fair to say that City have regressed under Guardiola.

I just typed a long retort to that statement but the wonderful TV system screwed and I can't be arsed to type it again. I disagree. City have regressed since Pellegrini Premiership but we're definitely no worse than the past 2 seasons and some ways better. Goalkeeping dept has regressed under Pep.

Surely you don't really believe your post?  And yes, Bravo is dreadful but theres a lot more to it than poor keeper.

this is Pep's first real test in management (Forget Barca and Bayern, Mickey Mouse could have won titles managing them)and he needs time, new ideas and younger players, and all this won't happen overnight.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, carmine said:

Surely you don't really believe your post?  And yes, Bravo is dreadful but theres a lot more to it than poor keeper.

this is Pep's first real test in management (Forget Barca and Bayern, Mickey Mouse could have won titles managing them)and he needs time, new ideas and younger players, and all this won't happen overnight.

Disagree, Barca went two trophy less years prior to PG appointment. He made some massive decisions (Ronaldinho -sold) 

He has a lot at his disposal but it seems the players are unsure if he trusts them. This new boy Jesus looks well tasty. Sad to say but I said it before. Not see great team spirit in that group like previous seasons.

Price tags of some of the youngsters may be Inflating egos etc. 

Edited by Rc2702

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Disagree, Barca went two trophy less years prior to PG appointment. He made some massive decisions (Ronaldinho -sold) 

He has a lot at his disposal but it seems the players are unsure if he trusts them. This new boy Jesus looks well tasty. Sad to say but I said it before. Not see g a team spirit in that group like previous seasons.

Price tags of some of the youngsters may be Inflating egos etc. 

Do some homework, it was Tito Vilanova who was the nurturer of that Barca side.  Its been done already on here that subject so doesn't need to be gone over again.

^
"yes, Bravo is dreadful but theres a lot more to it than poor keeper."

We (City fans on here) have been very honestly stating on here for weeks that we have 3 main problems (the 2nd and 3rd will take time to fix): 1. we are not taking our chances, 2. defence is poor (has been ever since Kompany became permanently injured) and 3. we're playing every game handicapped (goalkeeper who doesn't make saved). But there is no crisis as much as you lot would like there to be. Same as past 2 seasons, we win a lot but lose to some of the top 6.

^"and he needs time, new ideas and younger players, and all this won't happen overnight."

Spot on. At the moment it is Mancini main players plus some Pellegrini player. Peps players are Gundogan (playing well till his injury), Stones (decent but prone to lapses...same as he was before we bought him), Bravo (mistake to date), Jesus (not yet arrived). Reportedly Pep wants another goalie (Willy will be off in the summer), 2 fullbacks, a centreback and a central midfielder. It takes time.

28 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"Surely you don't really believe your post?"

I don't believe you posted that. Jesus!

OK so you are trying to tell us City have improved under Guardiola!!!  And you expect me to take that seriously do you?  Give me break BB......

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Even funnier.

Seeing as you clearly don't have a clue about those Barca years i kind of expected thais response.  

Seems when discussing football with you we must keep the conversation on Liverpool over the past couple of seasons.

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

Seeing as you clearly don't have a clue about those Barca years i kind of expected thais response.  

Seems when discussing football with you we must keep the conversation on Liverpool over the past couple of seasons.

Yeah ok tito vilanova made the decision to sell Ronaldinho whilst he was AM to PG.  Sure...

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yeah ok tito vilanova made the decision to sell Ronaldinho whilst he was AM to PG.  Sure...

Even funnier.  Who said that?!!  Everybody knows that was Peps decision.  So what?  Surely your reasoning isn't ludicrous enough to suggest the success of that era was based on the decision to sell one player?!!

Then again, it probably is......:saai:

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

Even funnier.  Who said that?!!  Everybody knows that was Peps decision.  So what?  Surely your reasoning isn't ludicrous enough to suggest the success of that era was based on the decision to sell one player?!!

Then again, it probably is......:saai:

No Carmine, but for that era of play to take priority it required big decisions and Ronaldinho being sold off was a catalyst. 

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

No Carmine, but for that era of play to take priority it required big decisions and Ronaldinho being sold off was a catalyst. 

No, it was one decision, a big one yes, but just one decision.  And lets face it, there was some remarkable talent coming to the fore in their academy.  A it certainly wasn't a case of Barca not being able to replace with another world class talent.

So no sorry, just a big decision letting a world class player go.  Little else to your argument.

Anyway this is supposed to be a thread about City so lets call this one a day shall we.

^"OK so you are trying to tell us City have improved under Guardiola!!!"

You stated "I think its fair to say that City have regressed under Guardiola."
I stated "I disagree. City have regressed since Pellegrini Premiership but we're definitely no worse than the past few2 seasons and some ways better. Goalkeeping dept has regressed under Pep."

So no, by saying we haven't regressed doesn't mean we've improved does it. What I said is we're definitely no worse than the past 2 seasons and some ways better but we've definitely regressed in the goalkeeping dept.