Manchester City

mrbojangles

4 hours ago, carmine said:

I think that game and the way you played was more important than the two dropped points.  The manager got the required reaction from his players and he in turn made a good tactical selection.  

As for the result, it wasn't so much about the penalty not given but more chances missed which of course Spurs didn't,  hence the smash and grab.

If we can forget Lloris's day of goalkeeping philanthropy,  how long can Pep continue with Bravo?  He's nowhere near good enough and a defenders nightmare?

cant really say thst bravo did anything wrong yesterday.

13 hours ago, jellydog said:

More passion and commitment on display today. A good sign. Jesus looks a live wire.

Still, all in all, three points were to be had and missed out due to poor finishing.

Is Sterling intent on walking every <deleted> ball into the net ?! Shoot !!!!!!

and boy jesus,, is some player

Are them descriptions based on the Hype or what he actually done in the game ?

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Are them descriptions based on the Hype or what he actually done in the game ?

think its something like 5 goals in 6 games for brazil and they are putting the reserection of their wc campaign not soley down to him ,, but pretty much near it

In brazil where 

jairzhono told  me about him

they really are talking about him in the same vein as ronaldihno ronaldo romario ect ect

rivaldo, arguably at his peak, the most complete player i've ever seen live in a n interview reckons he'll re write prem lege history, hype yeah i know but,,,,

and as for yesterday   he could and arguably should have won the game for city

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

think its something like 5 goals in 6 games for brazil and they are putting the reserection of their wc campaign not soley down to him ,, but pretty much near it

In brazil where 

they really are talking about him in the same vein as ronaldihno ronaldo romario ect ect

rivaldo, arguably at his peak, the most complete player i've ever seen live in a n interview reckons he'll re write prem lege history, hype yeah i know but,,,,

Ok so your comment wasn't based on purely what he done in the game ? for a minute i thought your description was from the 9 minutes he was on the pitch yesterday !

6 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

In brazil where 

Apart from being 2 yards offside.

52 minutes ago, carmine said:

Maybe not but he's just enormously crap.

atm peps decision to get rid of hart,,,, is lookin 'premature' and thats  being nice, i seriously reckon it  may have been  personal and certainly  ill judged ?   but as for bravo  being crap hmm,, dont get to 33 win shedloads of trophies with barca and Chile being crap !!!!,, tbh i'm gonna judge him when he's got  a decent SETTLED  back pairing in front of him, stone and co have been particulary shit and havent helped him in the least and we all know the prem and its physicality needs time and maybe a touch of patience and at that level dont take much to upset the cart ,, look what hugo did yesterday,, I've never seen him f up like that and why,, down to uncertaintly , not completly trustin the men in front of him ? ,, not sure, but it's a defo consideration

10 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

atm peps decision to get rid of hart,,,, is lookin 'premature' and thats  being nice, i seriously reckon it  may have been  personal and certainly  ill judged ?   but as for bravo  being crap hmm,, dont get to 33 win shedloads of trophies with barca and Chile being crap !!!!,, tbh i'm gonna judge him when he's got  a decent SETTLED  back pairing in front of him, stone and co have been particulary shit and havent helped him in the least and we all know the prem and its physicality needs time and maybe a touch of patience and at that level dont take much to upset the cart ,, look what hugo did yesterday,, I've never seen him f up like that and why,, down to uncertaintly , not completly trustin the men in front of him ? ,, not sure, but it's a defo consideration

Past is the past and point taken but this season at City he's been totally dreadful and i pity their defenders because they'll have zero confidence in him.   They were also probably quite chummy with Hart and generally confident with him.

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Past is the past and point taken but this season at City he's been totally dreadful and i pity their defenders because they'll have zero confidence in him.   They were also probably quite chummy with Hart and generally confident with him.

and on the other hand from what i've seen of the bac line for a  supposed top 4ish back line they ve been particulary shit for longer than bravos been there.

JD and MrBJ re:
"Maybe I'm not good enough..." 

Take a look at the actual interview where he said it and its being quoted out of context - interview is Part 2 Preview to Spurs game on City website at about 10mins in. The journo asks are City's players as good as Barcelona's and Bayern's and you can see it pisses off Pep who answers with great stess "Absolutely yes". When he's pressed on it he states the players are as good, etc, and now the overblown hype before he arrived and the 10 game run is over maybe its he Pep who isn't good enough (I.e. it's he who has to learn). Pep continues that City have learnt what he wants far quicker than at the other teams, we play well in 3 games, but in the 4th maybe not, we lack consistency, main problem is unlike the Big teams we don't take our chances but they take their one or two chances against us.

He's very honest in the 2 part interview.

We're not far off but we're inconsistent. ..jekyll and hyde.

What a cracking game eh, i really enjoyed it, could have gone on for another hour for me.

Before the game the heart said we could do it, the head said wise up we're inconsistent playing the form team so no chance.

On seeing Pep’s starting line-up it looked like he was going for it with an attacking 6 and so it proved.

The only time this season we have been outplayed was vs Spurs away in September – the press have never failed to remind us how Poch pulled Pep’s trousers down in that game. Well we did to Spurs what they did to us in September though I doubt we will hear how Pep was brave enough to take on Poch with an attacking front 6 and debagged Poch.

It was a penalty, should have been given and then what if. But let’s not dwell on the ‘penalty’/referee, the main thing, which Pep hasn’t hid from, is how we didn’t win that game is a bit of a mystery but it’s been a theme this season of being the better team, creating chances but failing to put them in and teams scoring with their only chances. If you don’t take your chances…

The positives were plenty though:

Silva was brilliant, well up for it.

KdB excellent and maybe that goal will bring back his confidence in front of goal.

Sane impresses me every time I see he him – talented but he also looks an intelligent player and looks for his team mates (are you listening Aguero and Sterling) – I would love for Pep to give him a run. Don’t think Walker enjoyed his afternoon.

Jesus looks like he’s going to be a handful – I hope he replaces the inconsistent wasteful Sterling.

The team played really well, dominated, used the ball well and were the best team – we are not far of being a good team again, just need to sort out that defence/goalkeeper.

A week ago I was down, how could we dominate Everton but lose. But that did me the world of good. We won’t win the Premier this season – if we’d won yesterday I think Chelsea would have been booking their victory parade preparations – we may even struggle to make the top 4, but when we play like we did against ManU away 1st half, Barca home 2nd half, Arsenal home 2nd half and Spurs home 1st half we are more than a match for any team – but as Pep said in his interview, we play well in 3 but don’t show for the 4th, our problem is consistency which is why we are a bunch of points behind Chelsea.

If we don’t win the Premier – don’t think we will – then I hope that the other anti-establishment team Chelsea go on to win it.

Loved that game!

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What a cracking game eh, i really enjoyed it, could have gone on for another hour for me.

Before the game the heart said we could do it, the head said wise up we're inconsistent playing the form team so no chance.

On seeing Pep’s starting line-up it looked like he was going for it with an attacking 6 and so it proved.

The only time this season we have been outplayed was vs Spurs away in September – the press have never failed to remind us how Poch pulled Pep’s trousers down in that game. Well we did to Spurs what they did to us in September though I doubt we will hear how Pep was brave enough to take on Poch with an attacking front 6 and debagged Poch.

It was a penalty, should have been given and then what if. But let’s not dwell on the ‘penalty’/referee, the main thing, which Pep hasn’t hid from, is how we didn’t win that game is a bit of a mystery but it’s been a theme this season of being the better team, creating chances but failing to put them in and teams scoring with their only chances. If you don’t take your chances…

The positives were plenty though:

Silva was brilliant, well up for it.

KdB excellent and maybe that goal will bring back his confidence in front of goal.

Sane impresses me every time I see he him – talented but he also looks an intelligent player and looks for his team mates (are you listening Aguero and Sterling) – I would love for Pep to give him a run. Don’t think Walker enjoyed his afternoon.

Jesus looks like he’s going to be a handful – I hope he replaces the inconsistent wasteful Sterling.

The team played really well, dominated, used the ball well and were the best team – we are not far of being a good team again, just need to sort out that defence/goalkeeper.

A week ago I was down, how could we dominate Everton but lose. But that did me the world of good. We won’t win the Premier this season – if we’d won yesterday I think Chelsea would have been booking their victory parade preparations – we may even struggle to make the top 4, but when we play like we did against ManU away 1st half, Barca home 2nd half, Arsenal home 2nd half and Spurs home 1st half we are more than a match for any team – but as Pep said in his interview, we play well in 3 but don’t show for the 4th, our problem is consistency which is why we are a bunch of points behind Chelsea.

If we don’t win the Premier – don’t think we will – then I hope that the other anti-establishment team Chelsea go on to win it.

Loved that game!

Good post BB. Nought to argue with there. Although we are playing some lovely stuff, as you said we aren't taking our chances. We won't win the league until we start making them count but more importantly, we won't win the league with that defence and goalie. I've lowered my expectation this season to hopefully a top 4 finish

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not sure how to take this article...lots of slaps across the face followed by some backslapping then some more slaps.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-tottenham-pep-guardiola-a7540346.html

I didn't read any further than this BB. We weren't 2-0 up at half time!! Bad journalism and probably made up.

A journalist was subjected to extreme verbal abuse by a supporter at half time during the match with Tottenham Hotspur – and that was when the side were 2-0 ahead.

I am sad for my players again,” the City manager said. “When we play shit I can accept a poor result, but today we did not play shit. The performance was outstanding, one of our best of the season, but like the games against Chelsea and Everton we will only be judged by the results.”

Did he say "shit"? Surely not. Snigger.

Article in the Mail by Graham Poll which is highly critical of Marriner.

Sterling incident: Poll says "Tottenham's Walker clearly pushed Sterling in the back when the City man was clean through on goal.Had Marriner been up with play and wide, as he should be, he would have seen and punished Walker with not just a penalty but a red card as well.WRONG DECISION"

2. Sane Goal: Poll says "Whilst the ball may well have hit Leroy Sane's hand for the first goal, it was clearly not deliberate. Not that Marriner would have seen it from his distant position.RIGHT DECISION".

now i've heard it all and there was me thinking you'd up'd the anti on  your posting,  ' man city 'anti establishment' if it were anti human rights or chelsea  tongue in v cheek  anti money laundrying   i'de smile, but man city anti establisment ,,,yeah right,,,  

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I am sad for my players again,” the City manager said. “When we play shit I can accept a poor result, but today we did not play shit. The performance was outstanding, one of our best of the season, but like the games against Chelsea and Everton we will only be judged by the results.”

Did he say "shit"? Surely not. Snigger.

Best work on shooting in practice BB! :passifier:

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Article in the Mail by Graham Poll which is highly critical of Marriner.

Sterling incident: Poll says "Tottenham's Walker clearly pushed Sterling in the back when the City man was clean through on goal.Had Marriner been up with play and wide, as he should be, he would have seen and punished Walker with not just a penalty but a red card as well.WRONG DECISION"

2. Sane Goal: Poll says "Whilst the ball may well have hit Leroy Sane's hand for the first goal, it was clearly not deliberate. Not that Marriner would have seen it from his distant position.RIGHT DECISION".

Yeah and Poll is so on the ball he booked the same player three times unless I'm mistaken.

^"now i've heard it all and there was me thinking you'd up'd the anti on  your posting,  ' man city 'anti establishment' if it were anti human rights or chelsea  tongue in v cheek  anti money laundrying   i'de smile, but man city anti establisment ,,,yeah right,,,"

Sorry by the choice of term. The correct term I couldn't bring to mind was "big five".

[The big five were Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal, who orchestrated the establishment of the Premier League]

REPOST: If we don’t win the Premier – don’t think we will – then I hope that the other 'non big five' team Chelsea go on to win it.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On 23/01/2017 at 0:54 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

^Most chances in recent weeks seem to fall to Sterling, who could practice all week and never improve.

Told you that when you signed him...lightweight.