Manchester City

mrbojangles

18 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Get Yaya on at half to protect the ball and settle the midfield. Pep's balls to the wall attacking strategy in tatters.

Totally agree jelly.

We can't play any worse in the second half than what we have just been subjected to

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Totally agree jelly.

We can't play any worse in the second half than what we have just been subjected to

No changes at half. Boggles the mind. Yaya played the first leg. If it ain't broke don't fix it !!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, jellydog said:

Get Yaya on at half to protect the ball and settle the midfield. Pep's balls to the wall attacking strategy in tatters.

JD,  don't be too hard on Pep, he's a young manager thats trying to proving himself.  Hopefully he'll stop going on about all his past trophies that someones pet hamster could have won.:smile:

And what a surprises, Ancelotti's Bayern are already ten points clear and cruising in second gear.......:sorry:

Ignoring Carmines comment. Very surprised Pep set up as he did against Barca (Aguero benched to get an extra midfielder in). I'd definitely would have started Yaya. On the night none of the front 5 hada good game. I would have sstarted with Yaya in for Aguero but in retrospect I'd have had Yaya in for Sterling with kdb rightside.

Over the 2 games they were better. First 65mins of 1st game and whole 1st half last night they were better; we better other times.

If you can't defend you'll get caught out. Can see only Stones surviving the summer cull.

On 12/03/2017 at 0:34 PM, mrbojangles said:

Fortunately every shot yesterday was straight at Bravo :smile:

commentators are bizare with keepers , spurs v millwall, the commentators were 'like king is amazing ' saved 6 shots in the first ? 5 MINS ,  well watch again he actually spilled 3/4 and no mention ,,,  i was really amazed and irritated we wernt there to pic up the bits

, however bac to you, is peps eye for a keeper his achilles? not the best of sources but he's in for navas and no i dont read the trash that the express is!!! http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/779806/Man-City-Real-Madrid-Man-Utd-Arsenal-Liverpool-Keylor-Navas-Premier-League-Transfer-News

And now it's time for the Mighty Reds!

Coutinho is well off is game, Hendo is out (key to our fluidity), Sturridge out. Firmino hopeful. Won't be a pasting like last season boys, but I hope Klopp has Pep's measure again!

22 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Coutinho is well off is game, Hendo is out (key to our fluidity), Sturridge out. Firmino hopeful. Won't be a pasting like last season boys, but I hope Klopp has Pep's measure again!

We're fatigued Bob

Getting my excuses in early :smile:

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

As always you're too kind Bob :smile:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Anyone know if that was the highest aggregate score Champions League game?

Wrong forum but no Munich done a team 12-0 I think that may be it.

Good to see Defoe back in the england squad.

BIG changes for your squad this coming summer

It appears to have reached the number 15 using basic mathematics and a few assumptions, rather than as a result of actual information, deducing that since Pablo Zabaleta, Gaël Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Jesús Navas, Willy Caballero and Yaya Touré are out of contract they’ll be on their bike, and that the on-loan quintet of Joe Hart, Samir Nasri, Eliaquim Mangala, Jason Denayer and Fabian Delph won’t be far behind. Then add on Fernando, Nolito, Kelechi Iheanacho and Fabian Delph – 19 league starts between them – and you’re up to 14, leaving Sergio Agüero,

^I read that article too :-)

I think Zaba might survive for the occasional backup game...he's well liked, loves Mancunia and is well respected.

Yaya might also survive if he lowers his financial demands.  He's done well in his new role as a quarterback and Pep might fancy keeping him as impact and influential player.

Iheanacho might survive but I suspect depending if Aguero stay or goes...they're similar kind of players and I could see Pep letting Nacho go to bring in a different type of squad players.

All the others you mention will be gone in the next 15 months.

Need to freshen up and of course Pep needs to build his own team.

On 3/16/2017 at 0:37 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Ignoring Carmines comment. Very surprised Pep set up as he did against Barca (Aguero benched to get an extra midfielder in). I'd definitely would have started Yaya. On the night none of the front 5 hada good game. I would have sstarted with Yaya in for Aguero but in retrospect I'd have had Yaya in for Sterling with kdb rightside.

Over the 2 games they were better. First 65mins of 1st game and whole 1st half last night they were better; we better other times.

If you can't defend you'll get caught out. Can see only Stones surviving the summer cull.

Yeah please do.

Pep's first learning curve this season is learning how to put together a defense that isn't already perfectly in situ. Not easily done, and it looks like being a steep one.  important not to downgrade your keeper, have brick slow fullbacks and a pair of center backs that look like they are trampling over unexploded landmines.   Mind you, it would help to have someone giving cover and time to then sitting infront.

He has been handed this twice so what part of of setting up a defense doesn't he understand?  All of it?

Hope 50m Stones survives for the comedy alone but lets face it you can't really offload him on the back of what you pain for him.

Carry on BB

Edited by carmine

7 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Oh dear ! apparently the City posters are already working on their excuse's for next season, the odd's on favourite is the scouser's old chestnut "we're in transition" :sad: :biggrin:

Apparently Pep's building from the back.  So if Bravo's anything to go by it should be hilarious!!

He's a proven genius, just give him twenty world class players and he'll sort it out:smile:

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Apparently Pep's building from the back.  So if Bravo's anything to go by it should be hilarious!!

He's a proven genius, just give him twenty world class players and he'll sort it out:smile:

Don't know what Pep's done to upset you Carms but you do like having a dig at him. I love his style of football, unfortunately we haven't got a squad who can execute it to the full yet. Give him time to build his own team.