Manchester City

mrbojangles

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Having a crap time. City losing and wifi on almost permanent buffer. The life of an expat football fan.

Ilikehd has always been prone to buffering, spend a bit more money and get a decent streaming site you old cheapskate :biggrin:

My condolences and commiserations to the blue side of Manchester,watched the game in the bar alongside Bobby Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini........boy did they enjoy it :clap2:

Another of Sheik Mansours advisors apparently has been discovered head first down in the desert :sad:

No suicides please if the derby does not go your way.......as for all......its only a game :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

My condolences and commiserations to the blue side of Manchester,watched the game in the bar alongside Bobby Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini........boy did they enjoy it :clap2:

Another of Sheik Mansours advisors apparently has been discovered head first down in the desert :sad:

No suicides please if the derby does not go your way.......as for all......its only a game :thumbsup:

Atleast they got as far as the semis........and to be fair, our semi was played at a level that Man Yoo can only aspire to these days.  Were at a different level.  Your demise must really hurt Peter, my old china......

Edited by carmine

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Bobby Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini"

Bobby Manc was photographed on the tube with City fans on the way to the ground. Doubt This Charming Man was there.

BB tongue in cheek OK.....understand :cheesy:

What a good weekened football wise......Spuds get hammered against Chelsea reserves,City cop out and nothing left to play for and then the scousers go and get stuffed at home.......... :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, carmine said:

Atleast they got as far as the semis........and to be fair, our semi was played at a level that Man Yoo can only aspire to these days.  Were at a different level.  Your demise must really hurt Peter, my old china......

Sorry carms but on your recent foray up to Old Trafford your lot were never in the game.....another cop out from the side that plays such amazing football without actually ever winning owt.

1961, now don,t forget this year,very very special in spuds history :clap2:

Arsenal vs Manchester City was too big for Craig Pawson who got the key decisions wrong - Keith Hackett

Craig Pawson had four big decisions to make at Wembley yesterday. Unfortunately he got them all wrong.

Three of them went against Manchester City and they have every right to feel aggrieved because the calls had a huge bearing on the outcome of the game.

After Pawson’s torrid time at Crystal Palace last December, when he failed to punish Marcus Rojo’s two-footed lunge on Wilfried Zaha properly, I was surprised he was handed such a big occasion as yesterday’s match and it proved too big for him.

The Football Association could have selected Andre Marriner, who has been putting in some really good performaces of late, or the solid Mike Dean. Mark Clattenburg is another name they could have gone for. Traditionally officials who have refereed finals are then given semi-finals.

Pawson’s first slip-up yesterday came after just 22 minutes when Gabriel went through the back of David Silva with a reckless challenge which should have produced a yellow card. It forced the City midfielder out of the game and was a big blow for his side.

The official erred again on 28 minutes when Sergio Agüero was brought down in the area by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Although it was suggested by some that Agüero might have clipped his own heels, it was a deliberate trip by the Arsenal player. A clear penalty.

Error No 3 came when Raheem Sterling’s effort was disallowed because Leroy Sané’s cross was judged by assistant referee Steve Child to have gone out of play. I have sympathy with the officials because it was a difficult call and TV replays underlined that. But Child was standing in the right position and it appeared to me the officials relied too much on guesswork. If the mistake teaches us one thing, it is that the advent of Video Assistant Referees cannot come quickly enough.

The final mistake involved another penalty claim, this time Arsenal’s, when Jesús Navas tugged at Alexis Sánchez in the box. It was the easiest one to call and I was surprised Pawson did not give it, although he would have benefited from more help from his assistants.

Contrast Pawson’s performance with that of Martin Atkinson in Saturday’s Chelsea v Tottenham semi-final – probably the best refereeing display of the season. He was outstanding. It was a refereeing masterclass. His greater experience showed and it commanded the respect of all the players. Big games can expose referees but Atkinson showed the importance of following the play and reading the game. Pawson is still a work in progress.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/23/arsenal-vs-manchester-city-big-craig-pawson-got-key-decisions/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

Arsenal vs Manchester City was too big for Craig Pawson who got the key decisions wrong - Keith Hackett

Craig Pawson had four big decisions to make at Wembley yesterday. Unfortunately he got them all wrong.

Three of them went against Manchester City and they have every right to feel aggrieved because the calls had a huge bearing on the outcome of the game.

After Pawson’s torrid time at Crystal Palace last December, when he failed to punish Marcus Rojo’s two-footed lunge on Wilfried Zaha properly, I was surprised he was handed such a big occasion as yesterday’s match and it proved too big for him.

The Football Association could have selected Andre Marriner, who has been putting in some really good performaces of late, or the solid Mike Dean. Mark Clattenburg is another name they could have gone for. Traditionally officials who have refereed finals are then given semi-finals.

Pawson’s first slip-up yesterday came after just 22 minutes when Gabriel went through the back of David Silva with a reckless challenge which should have produced a yellow card. It forced the City midfielder out of the game and was a big blow for his side.

The official erred again on 28 minutes when Sergio Agüero was brought down in the area by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Although it was suggested by some that Agüero might have clipped his own heels, it was a deliberate trip by the Arsenal player. A clear penalty.

Error No 3 came when Raheem Sterling’s effort was disallowed because Leroy Sané’s cross was judged by assistant referee Steve Child to have gone out of play. I have sympathy with the officials because it was a difficult call and TV replays underlined that. But Child was standing in the right position and it appeared to me the officials relied too much on guesswork. If the mistake teaches us one thing, it is that the advent of Video Assistant Referees cannot come quickly enough.

The final mistake involved another penalty claim, this time Arsenal’s, when Jesús Navas tugged at Alexis Sánchez in the box. It was the easiest one to call and I was surprised Pawson did not give it, although he would have benefited from more help from his assistants.

Contrast Pawson’s performance with that of Martin Atkinson in Saturday’s Chelsea v Tottenham semi-final – probably the best refereeing display of the season. He was outstanding. It was a refereeing masterclass. His greater experience showed and it commanded the respect of all the players. Big games can expose referees but Atkinson showed the importance of following the play and reading the game. Pawson is still a work in progress.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/23/arsenal-vs-manchester-city-big-craig-pawson-got-key-decisions/

I see  Mr Connection is new on the thread but straight in with the excuses :biggrin:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I see  Mr Connection is new on the thread but straight in with the excuses :biggrin:

I'm sure you have the ability to read and so you should have noticed it was Keith Hackett who wrote the article and not I

FYI. I'm not new, I have posted on this thread before but it's posters like you that keep me from posting more often. :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I thought the Arsenal centre half deserved MOTM.

Cracking second half display by him...sorry can't remember the geezers name.

Rob Holding ex Bolton. We get 2 good young uns come through after waiting nearly 20 years and have to sell them both because we are skint. Clough is the other.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

Thought both Yaya and Otamendi had a great game

Sorry to disagree but I thought Yaya was an embarressment. Great pass for your goal, then he only shifted himself when there was a chance for personal glory. Once a move broke down he was in walking mode. Fernandinho did all his running for him till he had to go off with cramp. Sane was sprinting back to help the defence. I'm not sure if Pep will put up with this slacker, but I am sure his team mates won't.

15 minutes ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

I'm sure you have the ability to read and so you should have noticed it was Keith Hackett who wrote the article and not I

FYI. I'm not new, I have posted on this thread before but it's posters like you that keep me from posting more often. :thumbsup:

So Mr Hackett posted it on here did he ? i take it the fact that you C&P means you agree with what he said.

Anyway apologizes for the sort of poster i am and hopefully i won't deter you from posting on here more often :biggrin:

12 minutes ago, champers said:

Sorry to disagree but I thought Yaya was an embarressment. Great pass for your goal, then he only shifted himself when there was a chance for personal glory. Once a move broke down he was in walking mode. Fernandinho did all his running for him till he had to go off with cramp. Sane was sprinting back to help the defence. I'm not sure if Pep will put up with this slacker, but I am sure his team mates won't.

Bit harsh on Yaya there Champs. Manchester Evening News gave Yaya, Otamendi and Aguero 8's. In addition to the pass for Aguero, Yaya controlled the midfield quite well I thought and was unlucky to hit the woodwork. His strolling style is something we have got used to but he still covers quite a lot of ground.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, champers said:

I can see where his lazy style can make it look like he's not putting in a shift but he was far from embarrassing yesterday and put in a good performance. As MrBoJ says, I thought he controlled the midfield well. It's all subjective though I suppose

5 hours ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

I can see where his lazy style can make it look like he's not putting in a shift but he was far from embarrassing yesterday and put in a good performance. As MrBoJ says, I thought he controlled the midfield well. It's all subjective though I suppose

Wonderful game from Yaya.

18 hours ago, petermik said:

Sorry carms but on your recent foray up to Old Trafford your lot were never in the game.....another cop out from the side that plays such amazing football without actually ever winning owt.

1961, now don,t forget this year,very very special in spuds history :clap2:

And he's still harping on about the past...............

30 minutes ago, petermik said:

Good game,hopefully,tonight chaps no refereeing blunders and may the best team win...............I,ll be very happy with a draw to be honest :thumbsup:

Theres a surprise!!!  

I think Fellaini's elbow will feature heavily in this derby.  :sad:

• Like 1

I think this dispels the myth from the City posters that the Academy is still quite young  :whistling:

Allen states he always believed it would take a decade to produce a consistent supply of first-team footballers. Next year is his 10th as the academy director and he says: “We’re right on [for] that. It takes 10 years to build something solid that’s just not the odd player. It’s a production line of quality – you won’t have 11 players every year but there will be some form of production line that you could pick one from that group, and two from there, and three from that group. I’ve got to be ready for when the manger says ‘I need one’. That’s my challenge – to say ‘there’s one’, and he compares favourably’”

Edited by alfieconn

5 hours ago, petermik said:

Good game,hopefully,tonight chaps no refereeing blunders and may the best team win...............I,ll be very happy with a draw to be honest :thumbsup:

I'll be cheering City on Peter, although i think your attack will have better a chance without Zlatan. Bastad blessing in disguise that injury.