Manchester City

mrbojangles

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, absolute true professional and warrior. Legend

And guess what. We paid 6.5m for him and after 9 years of service we ain't gonna get anything back. It's really gonna screw our net spend figures up that isn't it. Or is that exactly the purpose in buying players:smile:

You are going to replace him with Kyle Walker for £40 million. I bet you don't get anything back for him either.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm still living in the hope that doesn't happen.

Don't really blame you.  We all know he has great pace but defensively he's nowhere near as good as the guy he would be replacing was.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm still living in the hope that doesn't happen.

You've already tapped him up you buffoon! :goof:

Oops sorry thought I was talking to Trig.

Sorry bout that boss. :biggrin:

Edited by RonniePickering22

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I hope not but it sure would be typical

Wouldn't it just. 

I don't know how many teams got to play Bradley's Swansea but we weren't one of them, we played Clement's Swansea on the rise. Leicester got rid of Claudio a week to early also and so on and now you are likely to play a team that will have a little more motivation than they did last week. 

It made me think about Wenger's claims about teams going on holiday screwing him and what horse shiite it was. It's all part of the game. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just read on the Guardian's assessment of Leicester's season:
"Kasper Schmeichel won our player of the season this year – he has been worth about 15 points this season alone."

Sign him up!

He certainly stepped out of his father's shadow by being such an important part of that miracle team last year. Time for the lad to step up. 20 million.

Pep when asked what he's learnt/what we need to do next season say score more goals. Now that's always going to help but he's conveniently forgotting with Bravo in goal it was more often one, one goal or two shots, two goals up to Everton's four shots, four goals - sort out the goalkeeping position, replace the old fullbacks and keep vinny fit and we'll challenge: have a porous defence again and we won't.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep when asked what he's learnt/what we need to do next season say score more goals. Now that's always going to help but he's conveniently forgotting with Bravo in goal it was more often one, one goal or two shots, two goals up to Everton's four shots, four goals - sort out the goalkeeping position, replace the old fullbacks and keep vinny fit and we'll challenge: have a porous defence again and we won't.

Easy answer. Ancelotti 2019.

Premier League prize money table - How much your team made this season and how from Chelsea to Sunderland

This is how the English top flight's coffers are split - and where you finish doesn't necessarily determine the earning

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-prize-money-table-10472843 

Pleasing to see that we made the 2nd highest amount after Chelsea :wink:

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Premier League prize money table - How much your team made this season and how from Chelsea to Sunderland

This is how the English top flight's coffers are split - and where you finish doesn't necessarily determine the earning

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-prize-money-table-10472843 

Pleasing to see that we made the 2nd highest amount after Chelsea :wink:

Man United decling again. Looks like nobody wants to watch them anymore :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd be happy to lose 10m quid so the fans can watch more of their football at 3pm on a Saturday.

Yeah I know what you mean Ronnie. However, the football coverage is great for us not living in the UK.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just woke up to hear the news of a bombing at Manchester Arena (just 2 miles from the Etihad). R.I.P to those who died in this cowardly attack on innocent people.

When I went to City last month, anyone with a bag was searched but it wasn't the most stringent of searches. However, that was going into the stadium, there really isn't much security where people congregate outside. With so many people attending football matches they really are a soft target for these cowards and I think it really is only a matter of time before something terrible happens at a UK ground. 

yeah i've always been surprised there weren't more cowardly sh*thouse attacks on venues like sports stadiums, concerts, shopping malls and the like. 

RIP to those murdered by these cowards, but the reaction from mancunians has been typically strong. offering beds for the night, free taxis, food shelter, any help they can to anyone who needs it. manchester's a fierce city and its people won't be defeated by scum like these.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just woke up to hear the news of a bombing at Manchester Arena (just 2 miles from the Etihad). R.I.P to those who died in this cowardly attack on innocent people.

When I went to City last month, anyone with a bag was searched but it wasn't the most stringent of searches. However, that was going into the stadium, there really isn't much security where people congregate outside. With so many people attending football matches they really are a soft target for these cowards and I think it really is only a matter of time before something terrible happens at a UK ground. 

Terrible turn of events.

It's a big big worry!