Manchester City

mrbojangles

City poster not happy with youth policy :

We've spent circa £200m on young attacking talent in the past 2 years (including KDB) and Pep still wants to add to it with Sanchez; previously projected wonderkids like Iheanacho and Roberts have failed to crack it or be enchanted by the (dubious) developmental skills of Guardiola, so why should Sancho trust that he will be different?

The reality is our academy will now see a lot of kids (or at least the bright ones) come for the elite education (both academic and footballing) then back door it to a club with a proven track record of meritocracy and pride in youth integration.

Spurs have found a way to put faith in young British talent and finish above us with a fraction of the annual investment/wage outlay; the monotonous argument that we're too big-time to do it is one for morons. Everton tearing us apart last year with a team accommodating Holgate, Tom Davies, and Lookman should have been a lesson us.

If I was Sancho and either of those clubs tried to entice me, I'd be gone; after all, this is a club that for the past few years has deemed Jesus Navas, a winger with a worse goals/assists output annually than most rightbacks, as a better bet on the wing than mercurial young talents like Barker and Roberts, or even Buckley and Nemane (they literally couldn't have done worse)

Pablo Maffeo got Man Of The Match against United in the Derby, never to be seen again; Pep opted to play Navas and Fernandinho out of position in the absence of the two geriatric orthodox rightbacks in the squad rather than give the kid the further opportunities that performance should have earned him.

If the owners are serious about the CFA being anything more than a Chelsea-esque vanity project, they need to seriously evaluate whether those currently running football matters at the club are the right men to utilise, validate and vindicate it.

• Like 1

Guardiola’s squad for their three-match tour includes SamirNasri , Eliaquim Mangala and Jason Denayer , despite all appearing to have no future at City under the manager. WilfriedBony , who is in the same category, was left behind, as was Fernando (to Galatasaray rumoured), the Portuguese midfielder.Kelechi Iheancho, the striker who may leave for Leicester City, did not travel to Houston, either. Leroy Sane and Yaya Touré were also not with the main party but are expected to arrive separately while Bernardo Silva, the £43.6m purchase from Monaco, is on a break, too, following Portugal’s participation in the Confederations Cup.

On 16/07/2017 at 9:58 AM, alfieconn said:

Lineker is a cruel man : Gary Lineker wrote on Twitter on Friday night. ‘Imagine how much he would cost if he could cross the ball.’ Walker for £54m: 

just as well linekers timing in the box  wasnt as late as his comment, but i suppose better late than never,,

Edited by 3 minus 2

On 7/20/2017 at 6:46 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep has called on UEFA to change timescales and shut the window before the season starts - anyone disagree and why?

If it happened with immediate effect your lot would be tatered, along with a few others. As I have said before, I think any transfer window is a restraint of the free movement of labour and if a player were to challenge it in a court he would likely win. Of course, football seems to have it's own strange rules without completely thinking through whether they are actually legal.

So, no, I don't agree with further limiting of the current windows.

If it happened with immediate effect it would be fair on all clubs regardless of your comment.

Seems a very sensible suggestion to me. If you want to keep the same duration of summer transfer window just move it forward so that it closes on the eve of the start of the season.

Only saw snippets of the game when nobody was in my room at work, understand our new goalie was suffering with bravoitus and the big bonus for us was 17 year old academy player Stockport-born (City fan) Phil Foden break through and being declared 'special' by pep.

If anybody knows if its on repeat anywhere please post.

Ps. See Kolorov is offski to Roma. I'm gutted ;-)

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Foden looking every inch an established player...impressive

https://youtu.be/wRh_NTjTIMI

One swallow does not make a summer BB.............calm down..............City are not known for giving youngsters a chance...........last year you were orgasmic on here about a certain Iheanacho whose strike rate (your facts) was comparable if not better than anyone else in Europe...............he,s that good that City are offloading him.....as I said earlier calm down :thumbsup:

48 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

With kolorov off to Rome it's rumoured City are in for Skrtel as backup centre back. ..yikes!

Blinking heck your lot really have no idea about the half of the pitch do they. Some real massive issues you got there pal. I'd be bricking it if I was a city fan. I'd be looking into getting a portable toilet.

Hazel Grove-born Academy player James Horsfield will become the seventh Manchester City player to join NAC Breda this summer – but unlike the six before him, the 21-year-old is moving to the Rat Verlegh Stadion on a permanent basis.The versatile player will join Pablo Marí, Angeliño, Thierry Ambrose, Manu García, Paolo Fernandes and Thomas Agyepong, all of whom have joined the City Football Group partner club on loan ahead of next season.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hazel Grove-born Academy player James Horsfield will become the seventh Manchester City player to join NAC Breda this summer – but unlike the six before him, the 21-year-old is moving to the Rat Verlegh Stadion on a permanent basis.The versatile player will join Pablo Marí, Angeliño, Thierry Ambrose, Manu García, Paolo Fernandes and Thomas Agyepong, all of whom have joined the City Football Group partner club on loan ahead of next season.

None of em good enough for the Prem eh?

Jog on with that youth policy gents! :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bit cheap of your chairman not to offer 250m quid for Neymar.

Put the call in mrboj before you look like a bunch of cheapskates.

We're too busy buying every fullback in Cristendom instead of one decent centre-back.:cowboy:

10 minutes ago, jellydog said:

We're too busy buying every fullback in Cristendom instead of one decent centre-back.:cowboy:

They've been trying but I think because they didn't get their preferred targets they are banking on Kompany not getting injured again.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

They've been trying but I think because they didn't get their preferred targets they are banking on Kompany not getting injured again.

Kompany is our most important players these days. We can cope without most players to a certain extent, Silva  is difficult to cover for but hopefully his namesake will be the man, but with Kompany we are far better team, without we struggle to defend; no surprise that at the end of the season with Kompany back, Otamendi looked to be a player.