Manchester City

mrbojangles

"City defender Pablo Maffeo has returned to Girona on a season-long loan, the club have confirmed. The 20-year-old made 27 appearances for the club in 2016-17 as he helped them to secure promotion to LaLiga for the first time in their history...". Be good experience and let's hope he returns next season to challenge for the RB position.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie your statement "This thread is living in a fantasyland." I assume is related to brummie R2D2's statements on here about Spurs and not related to anything any blue has stated on here. If not, then expand your statement so we know what you mean.

Always bear in mind R2D2 is just one of the forum windup merchants.

Sorry Grandad but I disagree. When your team has excelled I have given credit and my issue is not with your team but your manager who let's face it had a much easier job in his last two positions than the city job he has now.

Everything about Pep is wrong, his comments on the youth system all the way to his decision making and he has been the main architect of the problems you have had and as said previously he cost you at least 10 points last season by omitting Hart. Those 10 points would have kept you in the race and there would be no cause for alarm. The press can smell a dud I'm just surprised you cannot.

City and Girona FC have officially confirmed reports from Spain that the Blues will face Girona in a friendly match on Tuesday 15 August, in between the opening Premier League fixture against Brighton and the home game against Everton.

City have confirmed that they will take the full squad over to Girona for the game. Txiki Begiristain told the official site: “This trip is a great opportunity for Pep to work with his full squad in an intensive training camp. We have had some players away on international duty this summer, which means Pep hasn’t had the chance to work for long with the whole squad.

“The game itself promises to be a fantastic spectacle, as Girona finalise their own preparations for their debut campaign in La Liga.”

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Stability? Toby last year of contract no deal in sight? A year in rented accomodation a talismaniac with a penchant for petulance when waters get ruff  and a manager approaching his 10th year and not a single winning line crossed. 

We have an option to 2019.

This article nicely puts in to words what all City fans feel about Sami Nasri; such a talented player, so useful in the Aguero season but has consistently shot himself in the foot since with his arrogant attitude. But there's a bargain there for any club who can manage him properly. 

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/07/26/samir-nasri-wont-be-forgotten-but-he-could-have-been-so-much-more-at-manchester-city/

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Spain winger Jesus Navas has rejoined Sevilla on a free transfer after he was released by Manchester City. 

Navas, 31, joined City from the La Liga side on a four-year deal worth £14.9m in June 2013.

He made 173 appearances for City, scoring eight goals, but played just 24 league games last season. Navas will break Sevilla's appearance record if he makes 27 more appearances for the club. He played 393 times in his first spell, with Juan Arza Inigo holding the record on 419.

He will link up with his former City teammate Nolito who also joined the Andalusian club in an £8 million move last week .

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Manchester City have further underlined their links with Girona by sending three more players on loan to the newly-promoted La Liga outfit. On Tuesday new £10million signing Douglas Luiz, winger Marlos Moreno and midfielder Aleix Garcia linked up with the Catalan side. They follow full-back Pablo Maffeo, who joined Girona for a third spell on Monday. All are season-long loan deals.

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

This article nicely puts in to words what all City fans feel about Sami Nasri; such a talented player, so useful in the Aguero season but has consistently shot himself in the foot since with his arrogant attitude. But there's a bargain there for any club who can manage him properly. 

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/07/26/samir-nasri-wont-be-forgotten-but-he-could-have-been-so-much-more-at-manchester-city/

Nice article I never realised he'd clocked 120+ games but the words Destroyer of dressing room morale sum up that guy I reckon and anyone with that type of effect is not worth £12 let alone 12 m.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nice article I never realised he'd clocked 120+ games but the words Destroyer of dressing room morale sum up that guy I reckon and anyone with that type of effect is not worth £12 let alone 12 m.

Sometimes it just takes the right manager to get the best out of a 'troubled' player; Wilkinson or Rednose with Cantona popped in to my noggin.

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sometimes it just takes the right manager to get the best out of a 'troubled' player; Wilkinson or Rednose with Cantona popped in to my noggin.

Liked the look of nasri from moment I saw him but the lad looks like s spoilt baby who believed his hype before he reached any heights. Wasted and the only comparison with Zidane is heritage.

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Manchester City have further underlined their links with Girona by sending three more players on loan to the newly-promoted La Liga outfit.

And we have just confirmed that we will play a friendly with Girona. We play Brighton on the 12th Aug and our next game is at home to Everton on Monday August 21. So we have squeezed in a traing camp and a friendly on the 15th Aug in between those prem matches.

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Another 3 niller. This time against West Ham in Iceland. Didn't manage to watch the match but seen highlights. Apparently quite comfortable with no injuries.

Didn't recognise David Silva at first sporting his new skin head

It was an easy victory, like City attack vs WHU defence training game played almost all in WHU half. The 2nd goal by Aguero was a brillantly executed one-touch-football 'team' goal (Sane/Silva/Aguero).

Danilo was useful. KdB and old Silva very busy creating. Yaya sat controlling. Ederson didn't have a lot to do but did it well - did really well racing out against 2 forwards to take the ball on his chest and play a contolled pass. Sane gave Zaba a hard 1st half before Zaba was withdrawn. Around about 60 mins Pep made 7 changes and brought on the kids plus Walker and Sterling and kept the pressure on.  Didn't think young Silva had a great debut and was no better than Foden, but guess he was lacking fitness having just come back from the summer break this week so is behind all the others. The team that finished bar Fernandinho and Walker was very young. 

• Like 1

Zabaleta, Kolarov, Sagna, Clichy, Jesus Navas, Nolito, and now Fernando and Kelechi Iheanacho have moved on. Next? Nasri, Mangala and Bony? Haven't seen anything of Delph and Bravo in recent weeks. That 13 is better than alot of Prem teams could field.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Zabaleta, Kolarov, Sagna, Clichy, Jesus Navas, Nolito, and now Fernando and Kelechi Iheanacho have moved on. Next? Nasri, Mangala and Bony? Haven't seen anything of Delph and Bravo in recent weeks. That 13 is better than alot of Prem teams could field.

I know a fair few gave you your money's worth but what kind of fees have they returned to the goldmine?

50m or about 9/10 of kyle walker?

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I know a fair few gave you your money's worth but what kind of fees have they returned to the goldmine?

50m or about 9/10 of kyle walker?

How did i know you'd be along with your negative comment, which i don't intend bothering with.

How Samir Nasri went from being the ‘new Zidane’ to an outcast

Samir Nasri has drifted to the periphery at Manchester City and, with a doping case hanging over his head, time is running out for a resurrection

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/08/sami-nasri-manchester-city-limbo

Players in: 
Benjamin Mendy (Monaco), Danilo (Real Madrid),
Kyle Walker (Tottenham), Ederson Moraes (Benfica), Douglas Luiz (Vasco Da Gama), Bernardo Silva (Monaco)

Players out: 
Pablo Zabaleta (West Ham),
Gael Clichy (Istanbul Basaksehir), Jesus Navas (Sevilla),
Willy Caballero (Chelsea),
Bacary Sagna (released),
Enes Unal (Villarreal),
Angus Gunn (Norwich),
Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield), Bersant Celina (Ipswich), Angelino (NAC Breda),
Ruben Sobrino (Alaves),
Joe Coveney (Nottingham Forest),
Bruno Zuculini (Hellas Verona), Olivier Ntcham (Celtic),
Nolito (Sevilla),
Joe Hart (West Ham),
Aleksandar Kolarov (Roma),
Aleix Garcia (Girona),
Douglas Luiz (Girona),
Marlos Moreno (Girona),
Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City),
Fernando (Galatasaray)
*includes loanees

Jamie Rednapp "Kompany can remain fit for 85 per cent of the season, City will win the league.", time will tell, but while he's not the defender he was (Bale waltzing past him recently was a good example of what wouldn't have happened seasons back), he has such a big influence on the whole team. He's like Yaya, as when he plays you feel more confident.

Silva is the other key player. Without him we're bobbins. KdB isn't Silva yet and maybe Berni Silva can become David Silva, but merlin creates like no other.

If Ederson is any good then we'll be a place higher than last season. Just read "A lot could depend on goalkeeper Ederson, as City actually conceded the fewest shots on goal of any team last season. If only Claudio Bravo could have stopped them."...so our much criticised aging defence let the fewest shots on goal...but it was too often 1 shot 1 goal, 2 shots 2 goals, etc.

Phil Foden looks like he's been promoted at 17yrs old to the 1st team squad...City fans are very excited about his prospects. ..sweet left food and amazingly nimble.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jamie Rednapp "Kompany can remain fit for 85 per cent of the season, City will win the league.", time will tell, but while he's not the defender he was (Bale waltzing past him recently was a good example of what wouldn't have happened seasons back), he has such a big influence on the whole team. He's like Yaya, as when he plays you feel more confident.

Silva is the other key player. Without him we're bobbins. KdB isn't Silva yet and maybe Berni Silva can become David Silva, but merlin creates like no other.

If Ederson is any good then we'll be a place higher than last season. Just read "A lot could depend on goalkeeper Ederson, as City actually conceded the fewest shots on goal of any team last season. If only Claudio Bravo could have stopped them."...so our much criticised aging defence let the fewest shots on goal...but it was too often 1 shot 1 goal, 2 shots 2 goals, etc.

Phil Foden looks like he's been promoted at 17yrs old to the 1st team squad...City fans are very excited about his prospects. ..sweet left food and amazingly nimble.

Kompany hasn't managed 85% of your league games since the 2011-12 season BB.

In fact he played just 25 league games over the last two seasons.