Manchester City

mrbojangles

14 hours ago, carmine said:

That should hopefully answer all you questions to end this!  

Thank gawd for that..........hopefully............some on these forums just don,t seem to understand your depth of knowledge of all things football related,so a little consideration in the future on your part would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Actually you don't answer my question at all. You may have "spent loads of time on the United thread" BUT there YOU NEVER go on about your youth, your youngest team, your net spend, only on HERE...is it an inferiority complex or is it jealously old chap, which is it? And before you reply think seriously about your postings on here and on the ManU threads.

Your comments on Chelsea are pathetic and embarrassing. We all know I hate ManU but I can be honest about their standing in football. Your comments on Chelsea are akin to arguments from my young kids!

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually you don't answer my question at all. You may have "spent loads of time on the United thread" BUT there YOU NEVER go on about your youth, your youngest team, your net spend, only on HERE...is it an inferiority complex or is it jealously old chap, which is it? And before you reply think seriously about your postings on here and on the ManU threads.

Your comments on Chelsea are pathetic and embarrassing. We all know I hate ManU but I can be honest about their standing in football. Your comments on Chelsea are akin to arguments from my young kids!

You are peeing into the wind BB.....you cannot educate the uneducated......give it up as mission impossible,he aint worth it :thumbsup:

Just now, petermik said:

You are peeing into the wind BB.....you cannot educate the uneducated......give it up as mission impossible,he aint worth it :thumbsup:

Ethan Hunt would let the message explode in his face and blind him before tackling the great white Hart lane dope. 

• Haha 1

From MAN CITY INFO VIA THE ALPS:

"I just want to watch this great player for as long as possible and Ihope he does sign this new contract. What a great player David Silvais. I love his intelligence - he's made us tick more than anyone forthe last 7 years and been instrumental in our success. Always lookingto create, rarely losing the ball, often incisive and instrumental inour best moves. You just know something good happens when he gets theball. It's not just his brilliance on the ball, though, he's excellentout of possession - often nicking the ball back. In short, a greatteam player. City are doing the right thing to keep him. He’s been akey player in City’s most successful era which has yielded two Leaguetitles, an FA Cup and two League Cups, and he clearly has much more togive, having already provided 7 assists for us so far this season.Milan paid dearly for not keeping Andrea Pirlo when he still hadplenty to give. Though David Silva is a different kind of player toPirlo, he too is the heartbeat of his team. We shouldn't make the samemistake the same mistake that Milan made. I’m certainly not alone whenI say David Silva is my all-time favourite City player. Long may he reign."

Can't agree more. Silva seems to have come alive under Pep, he's clearly loving having kdb in tandem and having the speedsters making runs for him - his link up play with Sane is exceptional - and he seems to have toughened up in recent seasons and gets stuck in. Earlier in the week I waa reading Ian Cheeseman's comparison of King Colin with his heir apparent, kdb, but City's greatest player can only be between Bell and Silva (though my old man reckons it waa Denis Law in the season before he went to Torino); II often wonder how great would Ali Bernabia have been for City if we'd picked him up in his prime years (some of you will be wondering who was Ali B).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Three nil up, should have been six nil up, 84% possession, Stoke being battered and then they get a deflected goal before half time and a deflected own goal (Diouf's header going for the corner flag before Walker gets in its way) immediately after halftime and suddenly it's game on and a nervy few minutes before City blast Stoke away 7v2. We should have had double figures. Cracking performance. KdB deserved MoM (only played 66mins) but Jesus, Silva, Sane, Fernandinho and Stones were excellent with the others very decent. Very enjoyable for the neutral and City fans.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Three nil up, should have been six nil up, 84% possession, Stoke being battered and then they get a deflected goal before half time and a deflected own goal (Diouf's header going for the corner flag before Walker gets in its way) and suddenly it's game on and a nervy few minutes before City blast Stoke away 7v2. We should have had double figures. Cracking performance. KdB deserved MoM (only played 66mins) but Jesus, Silva, Sane, Fernandinho and Stones were excellent with the others very decent. Very enjoyable for the neutral and City fans.

How do you know it was enjoyable for the neutral fan?

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Arsenal did!

That was hilarious!!  However i'll have to stick with my prediction that City will win the league and quite easily.  Although quite obviously they have no advantage over Stoke,  they look way too strong in all departments.  De Bruyne, yet another of the Mourinho outcasts for player of the season.  Everytime i see him he looks more and more the complete player

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

De Bruyne, yet another of the Mourinho outcasts for player of the season.  Everytime i see him he looks more and more the complete player

He's an absolute pleasure to watch. Think he got another 2 assists yesterday and was part of the build up for all the others, except the 7th cos he had been subbed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He's an absolute pleasure to watch. Think he got another 2 assists yesterday and was part of the build up for all the others, except the 7th cos he had been subbed.

And the exciting part for City fans is he's just getting better and better.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

And the exciting part for City fans is he's just getting better and better.

He was great last year and we really missed when he got injured but like you say, he's getting better and better. At todays silly fees for players it looks like we picked up a bargain

On another note. Are BEin Sports showing all the 3 o'clock games in Thailand? Here in the middle East, BEin are only showing one 3 o'clock game due to piracy issues again. Fortunately, yesterday it was the City game but I fear it won't be the billed one next week against Burnley

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

He was great last year and we really missed when he got injured but like you say, he's getting better and better. At todays silly fees for players it looks like we picked up a bargain

Most people thought you'd over paid at the time but now it looks like you got him on the cheap.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City became the first top-flight team to score 29 times in their first eight league games of the season since Everton in 1894-95

Another interesting fact.

Kyle Walker has provided 3 assists for Man City this season. No Man City Defender made more than one assist in the 2016/17 season.

34 minutes ago, carmine said:

However i'll have to stick with my prediction that City will win the league and quite easily.  Although quite obviously they have no advantage over Stoke,  they look way too strong in all departments.  De Bruyne, yet another of the Mourinho outcasts for player of the season.  Everytime i see him he looks more and more the complete player

I agree with you.

Chelsea are imploding. United have already settled for a CH lg spot as a good enough. Superspurs have written off this season and are just dreaming of the new WHL. Moaning Arsenal are <snip>. Liverpool need a playmaker (has Beardsley retired yet)? Who is left; Watford!!!!

Move the trophy to Man City in reddiness. Record goals; averaging 3 at the mo'. We have to keep smashing the lesser teams and glory will assuredly be in the blue half of Manchester.

Can't wait for Dec 9th. Away. Finally to put the upstarts in their place for this year.

Napoli are a good team. Any win over them will be good; 4-3 even.