Manchester City

mrbojangles

Sergio Aguero is now Manchester City's joint-top all-time leading goalscorer with *Tony Book (*Eric Brook). His goal on Saturday against Burnley was number 177 (130 with his right foot, 32 with left, 15 headers) for the club, equalling a record that had stood for 77 years.

He reached the milestone of 100 Premier League goals in 129 starts, 147 appearances in total, which is the second quickest behind Shearer. Aguero's goals per minute ratio, however, tops the lot of those to have reached a century. 

Over his six full seasons in Manchester, he averages 28.16 goals, with 30, 17, 28, 32, 29 and 33-goal hauls demonstrating unprecedented consistency. He was the Premier League Golden Boot winner in 2014/15.

To date this season, he has scored seven Premier League goals in 543 minutes of football, at an average of 78 minutes per goal, the best of any player with three or more goals. His career average of 0.69 goals per game is exactly the same as Kane's, 0.1 better than Henry's.

The five goals he scored against Newcastle United in October 2015 is the joint-highest in a single Premier League match and certainly came during the shortest period at a remarkable 23 minutes and 34 seconds.

Digest those numbers for just a second and ponder how on earth Aguero has never been named in the PFA Team of the Season. He has never won the PFA Players' Player of the Year award, or the FWA's Player of the Year. If Netflix are on the lookout for their next true crime series, look no further.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2017 at 2:39 PM, BangrakBob said:

We live in hope...

Quite possibly.  He's a horrid little creature that slags off his players in public....why would they like him anymore than the Chelsea and Real Madrid players?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Seems that the Wolves cup game isn't being shown live in the Uk and Asia so guess I'll be missing this game; would have thought Premier leaders vs Championship leaders would have been of more interest than Swansea vs ManU but you gotta have manu on I guess.

In Saudi it's on beIN HD 1 but I don't think we have that one on our package. But it might mean it's streaming somewhere

59 minutes ago, wilai said:

No probs....just assumed you had access to all beIN Arabia. Which channels do you (and Bob) get?

12 channels of tennis, 3 American rugby football, Kabadi, cricket etc etc

We have various beIN and sometimes the compound swap a channel or two to get a match on but the usual ones in the house package are bein 2, 7, 12, 13. We also have SunTen, skysports etc. and the "establishments" have more but they aren't open for the late night matches

• Thanks 1

Well done to Wolves for putting in a resilient defensive performance. They were really up for it and although they had 10 men behind the ball for most of the game, they had their chances to get a smash and grab. Every one of them put in a 110% performance.

Was really impressed with our calmness in the penalties. Particularly Sergio's Man City all time record breaking goal

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Was really impressed with our calmness in the penalties. Particularly Sergio's Man City all time record breaking goal

Just googled it and shoot outs don't count towards your goal tally. So it looks like Sergio will have to wait a tad longer

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well done to Wolves for putting in a resilient defensive performance. They were really up for it and although they had 10 men behind the ball for most of the game, they had their chances to get a smash and grab. Every one of them put in a 110% performance.

Those floating panenkas are great when they work.:smile:

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Those floating panenkas are great when they work.:smile:

Yeah, it's mili seconds between seeing the goalie move and picking your spot. Takes great confidence and considering his recent penalty misses I'm surprised he opted for that style. Suppose it shows that he never lets the pressure get to him

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, it's mili seconds between seeing the goalie move and picking your spot. Takes great confidence and considering his recent penalty misses I'm surprised he opted for that style. Suppose it shows that he never lets the pressure get to him

The other day he went to the right with his PK, last night with the panenka. Previously he had been targeting the left a great deal. It looks like he's trying to mix things up a bit.

draw for the quarter-finals of the League Cup was set for 4pm BST.

But draw delayed until 5.45pm following 'minor technical glitch'.

The draw for the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup
Chelsea v Bournemouth
Arsenal v West Ham United
Leicester City v Manchester City
Bristol City v Manchester United
The fixtures are to be played on the week commencing December 18.

Bristol City are drawn against Manchester United. Hmmm. Fixed?

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

draw for the quarter-finals of the League Cup was set for 4pm BST.

But draw delayed until 5.45pm following 'minor technical glitch'.

The draw for the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup
Chelsea v Bournemouth
Arsenal v West Ham United
Leicester City v Manchester City
Bristol City v Manchester United
The fixtures are to be played on the week commencing December 18.

Bristol City are drawn against Manchester United. Hmmm. Fixed?

Yh spot on BB it's gotta be fixed. No doubt about it. Absolutely.

After the end of the WBA vs City game catch the last 30 minutes of England's Under-17 World Cup final.

Phil Foden is one of three City players likely to feature alongside goalkeeper Curtis Anderson and captain Joel Latibeaudiere.

England's World Cup final will be shown on British Eurosport 1 and BBC Two.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like the WBA V City match isn't being shown, so t'internet will have to assist me today :sad:

The perils of following a small club eh mrboj?

Our game is on at the only time I can get a swim at the pool on a Saturday unfortunately.

There's always tomorrow though as I'll be hoping we can unlock those bitter reds early. :post-4641-1156694572:

Edit: I've just had an email offering me a Tottenham Monopoly set for Xmas....should I buy it for 'er indoors?

Edited by RonniePickering22

29 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The perils of following a small club eh mrboj?

BEin Arabia are only showing one 3 o'clock kick off game at the moment because of copyright infringements. It's been like that for a few weeks now. All other matches that are not 3 o'clock are still being shown. We have been the featured 3 o'clock game for the last 2 weeks so was expecting this. Todays featured 3 o'clock KO is Liverpool V Huddersfield

• Like 1

^Thanks Trigg......As quick off the mark as usual eh?:clap2:

(10 hrs ago)

Saturday Games

18:30....,Man Utd v Spurs...................................Sky Sports Main/Premier; beIN Thai Sports 1; Astro SS3;

..............................................................................beIN Sports Arabia 2/11

21:00....West Brom v Man City............................beIN Sports Thai 3; Astro SS1; 

21:00....Crystal Palace v West Ham.................., beIN Sports Thai 4 

21:00....Watford v Stoke City...............................Skynet 4 (myanmar) No Thai channel listed

21:00....Liverpool v Huddersfield........................beIN Sports Thai 1/2?;  Astro SS3; beIN Sports Arabia 2/11

21:00....Arsenal v Swansea City..........................beIN Sports Thai 1/2?;  Astro SS2; 

23:30....Bournemouth v Chelsea....................beIN Sports Thai 1; BT Sport 1; Astro SS3; beIN Sports Arabia  2/11

Edited by wilai