Manchester City

mrbojangles

Yeah. They're the type of games were you got to grind it out. Last season we weren't and I reckon Pep has learned from that. TBH, I was more frightened of Huddersfield when they went 2-1 down and started pressing for an equaliser

Taking Vinny off for Jesus was a tactic I didn't see coming. It worked and then he shored up the midfield and defence.

Strange sending off at the end.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Easily City's' hardest game of the season; woke this morning feeling very pleased with how we didn't give up and found a way - feels like we won a cup tie.

You won a cup tie against a 22 man squad that cost less than your right back it that puts the win into any kind of perspective although i freely acknowledge this increased expenditure allowance doesn't give you any advantage!!   I'd keep the mass celebrations a little under wraps.......

Edited by carmine

45 minutes ago, carmine said:

You won a cup tie against a 22 man squad that cost less than your right back it that puts the win into any kind of perspective although i freely acknowledge this increased expenditure allowance doesn't give you any advantage!!   I'd keep the mass celebrations a little under wraps.......

Come to think of it, with that new Puma deal City have next year you could throw in some extra setang and buy Huddersfield!! :sorry::smile:

Joking apart, that is some sponsorship deal!!

Edited by carmine

Carmine "You won a cup tie against a 22 man squad that cost less than your right back it that puts the win into any kind of perspective although i freely acknowledge this increased expenditure allowance doesn't give you any advantage!!   I'd keep the mass celebrations a little under wraps..."

You try and beat whichever team you play; squad costs don't come in to it or did the Premier League change the rules while I slept last night.

Not sure where you are getting the "mass celebrations" from, but from a City perspective it was a win in very difficult circumstances so it felt like more this morning.

10 hours ago, carmine said:

Huddersfield beat Man U not long ago. They parked the bus and made it nigh on impossible to break down. They were extremely disciplined. However, a lesson to be learnt is that other teams who think of doing the same tactic is that it was all a waste of time, as we got through in the end. They'd have been better off trying to have a go at us.

As for the celebrations. 3 points is 3 points and it was pure relief in the end.

Premier League's top 10 pass masters

Fernandinho (Manchester City) - 1,034 passes (pass completion rate of 91%.)
David Silva (Manchester City) - 976 passes
Nicolás Otamendi (Manchester City) - 971 passes
Granit Xhaka (Arsenal) - 861 passes
Nemanja Matic (Manchester United) - 824 passes
Kevin De Bruyne Manchester City) - 823 passes
Nacho Monreal (Arsenal) - 819 passes
John Stones (Manchester City) - 816 passes
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur) - 805 passes
Abdoulaye Doucouré (Watford) 756 passes

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Premier League's top 10 pass masters

Fernandinho (Manchester City) - 1,034 passes (pass completion rate of 91%.)
David Silva (Manchester City) - 976 passes
Nicolás Otamendi (Manchester City) - 971 passes
Granit Xhaka (Arsenal) - 861 passes
Nemanja Matic (Manchester United) - 824 passes
Kevin De Bruyne Manchester City) - 823 passes
Nacho Monreal (Arsenal) - 819 passes
John Stones (Manchester City) - 816 passes
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur) - 805 passes
Abdoulaye Doucouré (Watford) 756 passes

Fascinating.  And the point being that the smaller teams immediately cede possession giving the bigger clubs ample opportunity to pass the ball around in build ups?

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine "You won a cup tie against a 22 man squad that cost less than your right back it that puts the win into any kind of perspective although i freely acknowledge this increased expenditure allowance doesn't give you any advantage!!   I'd keep the mass celebrations a little under wraps..."

You try and beat whichever team you play; squad costs don't come in to it or did the Premier League change the rules while I slept last night.

Not sure where you are getting the "mass celebrations" from, but from a City perspective it was a win in very difficult circumstances so it felt like more this morning.

Forget Alfie, no one likes a bone when its thrown over more than you!!!  :smile:

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine: "Premier League's top 10 pass masters...Fascinating.  And the point being...?". The point being that those players have passed the ball the most this season.

Pointless statistic.

Back in the 80's the top two would have been Hansen and Grobbelaar.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 12:00 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine shouldn't you get back to your very important business of trying to score points off R2D2 and EvenStephens ;-)

Too easy that....They're both as dull as dishwater and i can't even understand half of what ES posts.

You on the other hand are fun, and the way Spurs are currently performing i need all the cheering up i can get.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Pointless statistic.

Back in the 80's the top two would have been Hansen and Grobbelaar.

To be fair City have now mastered the art of what to do with their possession as their goals bare witness. And Guardiola has moulded together a very fine side.  However,  yes of course the top six clubs will pass the ball more because they have the lions share of possession.  Its really irrelevant twaddle particularly when you see our stats against WBA.  We passed it around all afternoon to no effect.

How much money you can spend, related to winning, now that is a far more relevant stat!!!

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

This money thing is killing you isn't it Carmine. Maybe you should consider stopping following spurs/premier football and just follow non-professional league team.

Killing me or killing you?  I accept it, you clearly don't.

If you will accept it you'll enjoy the great football your team is playing and the trophies you will win this season.  Maybe even the big one.  I wouldn't bet against you.  

17 minutes ago, carmine said:

Killing me or killing you?  I accept it, you clearly don't.

If you will accept it you'll enjoy the great football your team is playing and the trophies you will win this season.  Maybe even the big one.  I wouldn't bet against you.  

I've been watching this moneybags Citeh team over the years and wondering in all honesty how you can have all that cash and play such drab, boring football.

Not this season. Its scintillating to watch.

54 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've been watching this moneybags Citeh team over the years and wondering in all honesty how you can have all that cash and play such drab, boring football.

Not this season. Its scintillating to watch.

Last weekend showed the difference between us and City.  Faced with the same problem they found a solution, we didn't.  

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Killing me or killing you?  I accept it, you clearly don't."

How can it be killing me? I'm loving it, just loving it!

Then stop biting every time the money is mentioned.  Then you'll be more convincing.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Are you seriously saying the first time we won the prem was drab? It was stuff you wouldn't believe if it was in Roy of the Rovers. That was far from drab and boring.

In the years since our Abu takeover I'd say we have progressed, regressed a tad and progressed again. However, one thing we haven't done is play boring football. Mancini was as gung-ho as they come

"Then stop biting every time the money is mentioned."

What you suggesting here, you can comment but I can't.

Seriously I find it so amusing that you spurs fans - and it is you spurs fans - seem to think you're scoring points by bringing up on here (1) money and (2) youth. I'm just loving the fact since 2008 (1) we've got money and (2) we've won a few things. So you boys keep it up while I continue to chuckle at you.

43 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Then stop biting every time the money is mentioned."

What you suggesting here, you can comment but I can't.

Seriously I find it so amusing that you spurs fans - and it is you spurs fans - seem to think you're scoring points by bringing up on here (1) money and (2) youth. I'm just loving the fact since 2008 (1) we've got money and (2) we've won a few things. So you boys keep it up while I continue to chuckle at you.

Still biting.  I wasn't even chucking you a bone offs!!!   

But this is the sensible discussion that is missing from the footy threads along with the usual: diatribe, bore off and rose is a t#sser comments. Exciting stuff and lets not forget the 1 line winker sipping on something glamorous in the Peninsula, 3km swimmer and a cup of tea. Getting late anyway someone will be tucked up in bed shortly.