Manchester City

mrbojangles

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Very happy with that. More possession, more shots and although that wasn't our best performance we fully deserved the win.

Maureen is a real sore loser. Putting it all down to not getting a penalty (which I don't think it was anyway) but clearly forgetting about the 2 penalties that we should have had.

I also hear he had an altercation with the City players in the tunnel because they where celebrating too loudly. Apparently Milk and water was thrown

Shame the game wasn't at the Etihad.....Would have been well worth the entry fee for The Tunnel Club!:biggrin:

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Very happy with that. More possession, more shots and although that wasn't our best performance we fully deserved the win.

Maureen is a real sore loser. Putting it all down to not getting a penalty (which I don't think it was anyway) but clearly forgetting about the 2 penalties that we should have had.

I also hear he had an altercation with the City players in the tunnel because they where celebrating too loudly. Apparently Milk and water was thrown

Its kind of strange Jose's such a sore loser because he didn't deserve any better.  One side came to win, the other, quite pathetically imho came to avoid defeat.  He is a shockingly boring unimaginative manager.  A gameplay thats success down to grinding sides into submission.

Fully deserved win for City and frankly United's current league position looking like a poor reflection on the rest of us.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Shame the game wasn't at the Etihad.....Would have been well worth the entry fee for The Tunnel Club!:biggrin:

When he did the unbelievable and goes for a draw at OT have you any idea how boring the'll be at the Etihad!!!  it'll be their own fans having with Mourinho if this carries on!

United posted a 35% possession rate, their lowest at Old Trafford in the Premier League since 2003-04 - when data was first collected.

Sunday's result ended United's 40-match unbeaten run at home - which stretched back to City's win here in September 2016.

United have lost eight of their last 13 games against City, winning only three of them.

Mourinho has won just four of his 20 managerial meetings with Guardiola, drawing seven and losing nine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evenstevens said:

M/City are  a lay down misere to win the EPL Title  by  at least10 to 15 points, they are great/strong squad, leaving Aquero  out surely confirms  my  view

honestly Pick The  Dick  in a very short time on the Footy Forum, you are hands down the Numpty of all Numptys posting ,the above comments backs my view ,only last week ,you Spuds were crying like little babys  ,  (recent form) one win(against Stoke mind you) and your crazy acessment that you are second best side to M/city ,until you get rid of The Bottle  and that 4BY2 Dog of a Chairmen (2 league cups in his approx 15 yr tenure) and we are going to do THIS and THAT  theme,,(its worn out you Numpty),  win something then you can crow, its  a  nice win M/city,good morning to all

Still having a few tears this morning eh?

Only to be expected fluffy.

Thought the Independent summed up ManU well:

"...the home side looked like a team from one of Europe's lesser leagues hoping to nick an away goal which might give them a chance in a second leg. They appeared utterly convinced of their inferiority to the opposition. ..

Yesterday they played like a struggling Everton side did at Anfield in the earlier derby of the day, ceding possession and territory while hoping to get lucky on the break...

underwhelming trio of Paul Pogba, Romelu Lukaku and Mkhitaryan cost £220m between them, a sum which would have netted you De Bruyne, Sane and Raheem Sterling and left you with the £56m which bought Nicolas Otamendi and Gabriel Jesus."

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thought the Independent summed up ManU well:

"...the home side looked like a team from one of Europe's lesser leagues hoping to nick an away goal which might give them a chance in a second leg. They appeared utterly convinced of their inferiority to the opposition. ..

Yesterday they played like a struggling Everton side did at Anfield in the earlier derby of the day, ceding possession and territory while hoping to get lucky on the break...

underwhelming trio of Paul Pogba, Romelu Lukaku and Mkhitaryan cost £220m between them, a sum which would have netted you De Bruyne, Sane and Raheem Sterling and left you with the £56m which bought Nicolas Otamendi and Gabriel Jesus."

I'm a United supporter and have been since the age 7, however cannot disagree with the comments in your post. If you adopt a defensive approach you lay yourselves open to the side with possession having the upper hand and all it needs when that side spends a lot of time around and in your penalty area, is an unlucky break or bounce.

Not saying that City didn't deserve to win because they did and I liked their style of play..........no excuses JM.

Pogba was playing well, but as for the others mentioned.............."bit players", bits of skill here and there, but nothing special.

• Like 2

FC Basel in the Champs League. Probably the best we could have hoped for.

Real and PSG is tasty. Chelsea v Barca is an hard one for Chelsea and can only see Barca coming out on top over 2 legs. Spurs should see of Juve and United should do Sevilla. If Liverpool play how we know they can they should see off Porto. So, with some luck maybe 4 English teams will go through.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"...If it was indeed Romelu Lukaku who struck Arteta with a bottle, as some reports suggest, Arteta can at least console himself with the certainty Lukaku was probably aiming for Pep Guardiola at the time..." ;-)

Fighting in the tunnel is cheating the paying public. Keep it on the pitch, like this ...

On 11/12/2560 at 12:04 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

"Park the bus, park the bus, Man United / Park the bus, park the bus I say / Park the bus, park the bus, Man United / Playing football the Mourinho way.”

Park the bus, park the bus

there is no way your'e getting past us.

Arsenal and Liverpool couldn't but the Sky Blues could, and did!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So did Maureen purposely cause the after match rumpus to deflect from ManU's poor performance and derby defeat. Judging by the amount of articles about the clash compared to the loss I'm seriously thinking he did.

I thought the same but then sometimes I think we give him too much credit for premeditation and forward planning. I've now come to the conclusion he isn't that clever and is merely a sore loser

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So did Maureen purposely cause the after match rumpus to deflect from ManU's poor performance and derby defeat. Judging by the amount of articles about the clash compared to the loss I'm seriously thinking he did.

he probably did, its just like him to pull a stunt like that.  I also remember the fracas at one of the El Classico's when he eye gouged the late Tito Vilanova.  Mourinho is a vile creature.

City set an English top-flight record of 15 successive league wins within a single season.

Silva was brilliant. Earlier in the season KdB was getting all the applause but now it's the Silva show. Ran the game. He was everywhere. He looks fitter and stronger than ever and he's a feisty little bugger now getting stuck in.

Great to see Pep bring on ANOTHER YOUNGSTER Oleksandr Volodymyrovich Zinchenko, handing the 20-year-old Ukraine international his league debut for Delph; one false left back for another (Zinchenko is an attacking midfielder).

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep Guardiola...Longest winning streak in the Bundesliga. (Bayern Munich), Joint longest winning streak in La Liga (Barcelona) and Longest winning streak in the EPL (Man City).

19 at Bayern Munich
16 at Barcelona
15 at City 

It's just a pure coincidence BB as Pep is just an average manager

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's just a pure coincidence BB as Pep is just an average manager

You're not words into my mouth again are you?!!:shock1:  i don't think i've ever heard anyone call him average actually.

The question though you could ask yourself is;  Pep is possibly the best manager in the world at moulding together a team of highly talented and world class players but could he have achieved what Sean Dyche has done thus far in the season were he manager of Burnley?  Working with no budget and a squad that he would have to google?  

Now theres a question.......and i'll stick with my opinion until proven otherwise.  One thing i do appreciate is his style of play which has been consistently entertaining throughout his managerial career.  I'd pay to watch a Pep side but unless Mourinho was up against Spurs i wouldn't pay to watch his turgid negative rubbish.  

Edited by carmine

Interesting that Carmine jumped on the bait dangled.

His point on Dyche. Could Dyche take this bunch of players and do what Pep has done, and could a Dyche team play such attractive football. I have no doubt that Pep could take that bunch of Burnley players and do as Dyche has done and maybe more.

So Carmine do I understand you correctly, that the only way you will acknowledge Peps ability as a manager is if he takes a team like Burnley and turns them in to a great team? Is that correct? If it is, that's incredible that you can't (more like you won't) acknowledge Peps ability!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, carmine said:

You're not words into my mouth again are you?!!:shock1:  i don't think i've ever heard anyone call him average actually.

The question though you could ask yourself is;  Pep is possibly the best manager in the world at moulding together a team of highly talented and world class players but could he have achieved what Sean Dyche has done thus far in the season were he manager of Burnley?  Working with no budget and a squad that he would have to google?  

Now theres a question.......and i'll stick with my opinion until proven otherwise.  One thing i do appreciate is his style of play which has been consistently entertaining throughout his managerial career.  I'd pay to watch a Pep side but unless Mourinho was up against Spurs i wouldn't pay to watch his turgid negative rubbish.  

T'was a tad tongue in cheek Carms. :tongue:

However, even with the above slightly possible credit you have given to Pep, I think you still under estimate how good he is. We'll never see how good he is without a budget as he'll always have one, with the exception of when he was Barca B coach and incidentally that was his coaching mentality that launched his coaching career. We may however, get to see what Dyche can do with a budget. There is no denying what he is doing at Burnley is fantastic.

The question you pose about him moulding together and whether he could do what Dyche has done is difficult to answer because it depends on the type of squad he has to work with. I.E. I doubt Pep could work with a Stoke style of squad but give him a core of fit (ish) players who have the potential to pass instead of hoof and I reckon he could do. Every single player who has worked under Pep has credited him with improving them as players. And we City fans have witnessed what Pep has done to improve players who he inherited. Believe me, I call our managers when they deserve it and wasn't convinced of Pep before he came. He had to convince me how good he is and trust me, he's the real deal.