Manchester City

mrbojangles

I haven't been thrilled with the Alexis Sanchez possibility since it first started, but about to change my mind. With the Jesus knee injury City could be relying solely on Aguero for two months or more. Not an ideal situation what with all the competitions to come. Given Sanchez wouldn't be cup tied and relatively cheap...bring him on.

4 hours ago, wilai said:

Personal terms agreed with Sanchez for Summer move....30m signing on fee and 13m pa. 20m offered to the Arse to let him go now.

if the above is fair dinkum.another barkely t/f.only loser are the clubs   where they come from for whatever reason

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, carmine said:

The question though you could ask yourself is;  Pep is possibly the best manager in the world at moulding together a team of highly talented and world class players but could he have achieved what Sean Dyche has done thus far in the season were he manager of Burnley?  Working with no budget and a squad that he would have to google?    

Read this article today and remembered the question in the above post. Worth a read Carms as I think it answers several questions raised about Pep.

Pep Guardiola’s title victory with Barcelona B should not be ignored

Pep Guardiola is often criticised for only winning at the highest level with the world’s best players. But his coaching career began with promotion from the Spanish fourth tier. Adam Bate talks to members of that Barcelona B squad to discover the roots of his success…

When Pep Guardiola was asked recently whether he had ever doubted his philosophy, the answer surprised some. Perhaps he would refer back to the testing times of last season, when Manchester City conceded four at Leicester and Everton. Maybe losing his first league game in charge of Barcelona was the moment that caused him to question his methods.

Instead, Guardiola recalled the first coaching job of his career. After losing his first friendly on a small artificial pitch against Banyoles, his Barcelona B side opened up with one win from their first three matches in Spanish football's fourth tier. The whispers began and the Catalan media were not the only ones wondering whether he was cut out for the job.

"On Monday I thought I had to change because we could not play in that way," he said of the week that followed the third of those games, a 2-0 defeat to a tiny Manresa side who were relegated at the end of that season. "I arrived Tuesday and I said we have to change because the pitches are so small. It was so good because we were champions in the end.

"In that moment I said if we were able to win and play quite good football on a small pitch, I could do it at a higher level with better players and better pitches. I doubted for two days. It was an important moment because I was new, I was not experienced. Aged 37, never trained with big players. I had many things I believed but I had to prove myself."

It is easy to overlook that season. English football is unfamiliar with the B team structure and because of that it is customary to regard Guardiola's ascent to the role of managing Barcelona's senior side as the real start of his coaching career. But this was not the same as, say, Steven Gerrard's role within Liverpool's academy team. This was competitive football.

The team had been relegated the previous season, failing to win any of their final 10 games. Things were stale and there was disbelief that Guardiola even wanted the role - turning down the more prestigious position as head of the academy. Luis Enrique and Eusebio have since used the job to progress their careers but that was only viable after Guardiola.

He disbanded the C team and merged the two groups. He allowed a limited number of older players to join the squad and brought added professionalism. Fines were introduced. In-depth opposition scouting, practically unheard of at that level, became commonplace. It quickly became apparent that the B team was better run than Frank Rijkaard's first team.

Ten years on, it is the attention to detail that stands out for the players who formed part of Guardiola's first squad. "He was different to anyone before," striker Sergio Urbano tells Sky Sports. "It was noticeable when he talked about the game, but above all it was noticeable in the way that he transmitted ideas, how he lived and breathed football and understood it."

Full article:-

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11200400/pep-guardiola8217s-title-victory-with-barcelona-b-should-not-be-ignored

• Like 1

Bristol playing well. Very big tall team. Beat 4 Premier teams so far..can see why. City not great. So so. 8000 away fans. .the most ever in the Etihad..impressive. Penalty umm 0-1. Behind again. Good head off the line by 6' 5" ("clearance of the season" Shay Given). They deserve it. We're poor. They're good. Best away 1st half performance this season at Etihad? Shock coming up.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Gone behind to the first goal 8 times. Won 6 lost 1 drawn 1.

1v1 KdB break and grear goal. 2-1. Aguero. Good goal. Great header vs big men.

We weren't great. Better 2nd half (how many times have I said that this season). Didn't take our chances.

Kdb..Gundogan..Banana..Zinchenko decent..rest average or poor.
Danilo..Stones..Mangala. .Bravo a worry. Sterling wasteful and took all my abuse!

Feel sorry for Bristol..they were outstanding..best away performance at the Etihad this season and all to play for in the 2nd leg.

Good cup tie. Moral victory to Bristol.

City 16th consecutive home win..set new City consecutive home win record.

Bit worrying how exposed John Stones looked against Bristol.  It really is time he was getting somewhere near his reputation.  Lucky with the midfield you have that he doesn't have to do much!

So did Mangala but i think we all agree he's useless.  Very understandable why City made a last gasp effort to sign VVD.

Carmine that's a little bit unfair on Stones. Prior to his injury it was accepted by all that he was excellent and "was getting somewhere near his reputation". However, he has just come back, has made a costly mistake in both games and he looks very rusty. Last night we played without a defensive covering midfielder (Fernandinho being saved for the weekend) and had pensioner Yaya in front of a very nervy Danilo, Stones and Mangala which can't have helped.

Mangala - yes we all agree he's useless. 

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine that's a little bit unfair on Stones. Prior to his injury it was accepted by all that he was excellent and "was getting somewhere near his reputation". However, he has just come back, has made a costly mistake in both games and he looks very rusty. Last night we played without a defensive covering midfielder (Fernandinho being saved for the weekend) and had pensioner Yaya in front of a very nervy Danilo, Stones and Mangala which can't have helped.

Mangala - yes we all agree he's useless. 

I'm sorry but it was not accepted by all that he was excellent.  There was and still is big question marks as to his attention to the basics of defending.  One swallow doesn't make a summer and whilst he had a run of good performances question marks remain, even against the likes of Bristol City and he's somewhat fortunate to have such a good midfield in front of him.

This doesn't say he's crap, it simply says he's still suspect and not yet fulfilling his potential.  

On 1/10/2018 at 4:22 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

That good midfield you keep referring to is the under-rated Fernandinho. Our front 5 press, but don't exactly protect or cover the defence.

I'm well aware of who he is and his defensive role.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 3:39 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Bristol playing well. Very big tall team. Beat 4 Premier teams so far..can see why. City not great. So so. 8000 away fans. .the most ever in the Etihad..impressive. Penalty umm 0-1. Behind again. Good head off the line by 6' 5" ("clearance of the season" Shay Given). They deserve it. We're poor. They're good. Best away 1st half performance this season at Etihad? Shock coming up.

Only because the allocation for League cup games is more than for Premiership games !

On 1/10/2018 at 4:22 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

That good midfield you keep referring to is the under-rated Fernandinho. Our front 5 press, but don't exactly protect or cover the defence.

Crikey  make up your mind, the other day he was a box to box midfielder,  do you actually ever watch City ?

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine - Reread the posts from MrBj and me. Posts on ignore cannot be read unless someone reposts them. For me Alfie, Petermilk and Wilai aren't worth reading and are on ignore. If you want me to read and comment on anything by that trio then repost it.

Wow, just wow!!!  You have Wilai on ignore, who is an informed knowledgeable poster yet you read the unpleasant yet thankfully, mostly unfathomable garbage dealt out by Fluffoff the chimp!!!  You couldn't make that up.

Anyways, back on topic, Alfie was suggesting that your referred to Fernandinho as a box to box midfielder!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You'll be telling me next Alfie is an "informed knowledgeable poster" 555.

Well to be fair, he seems to know your players better than you do so you might not want to go down this path!!!  

Incidentally, what are your feelings regards the possibility of letting Sanchez go to United?   Can't see you need him personally.

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"referred to Fernandinho as a box to box midfielder!"

So you have my opinion. What type of midfielder would you describe Fernandinho as?

I'm merely the messenger thats taken a keen interest in this one!!  I really think you should have this one with Alfie seeing as he raised the point but i'd advise doing a little homework on this particular one.  If Alfie is the clown you think he is then i'm sure you'll persuade he and the rest of us that Fernandinho is infact a box to box midfielder.

i will give you a clue;  he's not.

Edited by carmine

"what are your feelings regards the possibility of letting Sanchez go to United?   Can't see you need him personally."

I like Sanchez; he reminds me of Tevez in that he makes things happen.

We need another forward. Aguero and Jesus are not enough. Mancini used to have 4 (Tevez..Aguero. .Dzeko..Mario). Three would be enough.

I don't understand if we we were apparently willing to pay 60M in the summer, why we won't pay 20 or 25M now (through in Mangala if necessary).

If ManU get him he will be a big plus for them and negative for us.

One concern I have is I remember when we added the excellent Rodney Marsh to an excellent team fighting Liverpool for Division 1 and it didn't improve us but had the opposite effect; we came second to Liverpool when we thought we were going to win it prior to Rodders joining us. Sanchez could have the Rodney effect on us.

50 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"referred to Fernandinho as a box to box midfielder!"

So you have my opinion. What type of midfielder would you describe Fernandinho as?

If you think he's a box to box midfielder then i'm afraid you don't understand what that is.