Manchester City

mrbojangles

Thought Otamendi and Mendy were poor trying to handle Salah so maybe Delph will add a bit more solidity, though he has struggled a little bit against speedy wingers. 

Gundogan for Silva is an interesting one. Gundogan has come in to some form in the past month is a little, though a not a lot more, defensive than Silva. Silva not trained much. Expect to see Silva at some point though.

Subs bench isn't too impressive - 4 attacking  midfielders and a couple of dodgy defenders.

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

David SIlva on the bench and Delph looks like he's been given the duty of taking care of Mane....Oh my Buddha he's gonna be busy!!

MAN CITY TEAM NEWS

Team to play Liverpool: Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Delph, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero

Subs: Bravo, Danilo, Mangala, D.Silva, B.Silva, Zinchenko, Diaz 

VVD out and Karius in goal. Goals from City likely.

What a cracking half for the neutral. .but I'm a nervous wreck. Liverpool started really well but the goal was a surprise. .a decent Ox shot but Ederson got it wrong for a rare error. For ages City were really poor..I was only happy with Gundogan and Fernandinho. KdB Sterling and Sane looked like they were hiding. Delph injured and off for Danilo who has been poor this season. Saying to the wife Sane has done absolutely nothing when he makes a chance and bangs it past City youth goalie Karius.

This WILL NOT end 1v1.

Back to hiding behind the couch for the 2nd half.

4v3.

Some game.

At 1v1 2nd half 10mins in, City playing well [i thought we were going to go on and win it] and on top then Stones made a mistake and another and another - fair play to Liverpool for putting those chances in - and we'd lost it. Curious why Pep didn't throw both Silva's on at that point or David at all. Sane Aguro Sterling were poor so to get it to 4v3 ...

Classic game. Can't help feeling we beat ourselves.

So it looks like a City, ManU and Liverpool title race ...down to a 12 point lead tomorrow when Stoke roll over.

9 months since we've lost in England. .the best I've seen watching City for 50 years! So no complaints from me.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
[i thought we were going to go on and win it]

Always going to be a hugh risk to start the season with 1 Left Back. Mendy out longterm. Now Delph’s problem is a serious one.“He will be out, I think, for a while,” said Pep. So RB Danilo, who's been poor to date, or attacking midfield kid Zinchenko. Don't fancy either of them. Mangala wont be trusted. Think we will dip in to the market for a CB who can play LB; Jonny Evans?

*In the 3 games since he returned, Stones has been poor and is affecting Otamendi who had been excellent. Stones needs to sort himself out, quickly (also needs to bulk up like Kompany did).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

beIN reporting Sanchez is off to United

I think you are better off without him.  If he really wanted to improve as a player he would have waited for a summer move to City.  I think Pep would improve him, Mourinho i wager will not.

What is completely laughable is Arsenal selling their best player to United, a direct top four rival.  I have to admit to be salivating at the demise of Arsenal!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think you are better off without him.  If he really wanted to improve as a player he would have waited for a summer move to City.  I think Pep would improve him, Mourinho i wager will not.

What is completely laughable is Arsenal selling their best player to United, a direct top four rival.  I have to admit to be salivating at the demise of Arsenal!!

He's a good player but I'm really not bothered. I've said I wasn't bothered about getting him from the day the rumours started. Apparently United have offered him a gigantic salary and I'm happy we didn't go into a bidding war.

I also find it strange why Arsenal held out in summer, to eventually lose 30mil off his price tag only to sell to United

I'm just up and haven't read The Guardian. I can only assume that D. Silva missed practice all week and so didn't play. He would have been top choice to deal with Liverpool's heavy pressing. So many sloppy passes throughout the match, and a series of them in our own end that led to the goal explosion.

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Alfie. Almost every post you write (particularly on the City thread) is to initiate an argument. You always throw rocks at posts or comment purely just to slag off. I'd love to engage with you if you have something constructive to discuss. Until then............................

To be fair, we get a lot of that on the Spurs Thread from bb and es, no complaints from me, up to them :biggrin:

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

He's a good player but I'm really not bothered. I've said I wasn't bothered about getting him from the day the rumours started. Apparently United have offered him a gigantic salary and I'm happy we didn't go into a bidding war.

I also find it strange why Arsenal held out in summer, to eventually lose 30mil off his price tag only to sell to United

A lack of time to find a replacement.

19 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

i don't understand that, turn down Pep for Jose...

Just a guess, but I'm betting City's interest wasn't nearly as strong as it was last summer. Why pony up all that cash for another attacker when its their defense that needs another body or two ?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

According to City,  Sanchez's wage demands would have made him the highest paid player at the club, for a player in no way guaranteed to start!!  Not surprised City have pulled out.  I'm starting to think Alexis Sanchez is a bit toxic.  

Edited by carmine

43 minutes ago, carmine said:

According to City,  Sanchez's wage demands would have made him the highest paid player at the club, for a player in no way guaranteed to start!!  Not surprised City have pulled out.  I'm starting to think Alexis Sanchez is a bit toxic.  

He's simply after the cash now....his last big contract.

Typical of the modern footballer.

The rumoured £10m to the agent is another aspect which leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

United or the chavs for this mercenary...best place for him!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He's simply after the cash now....his last big contract.

Typical of the modern footballer.

The rumoured £10m to the agent is another aspect which leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

United or the chavs for this mercenary...best place for him!

Problem is, whoever signs him could end up with a salary war within the rest of their squadon with other players demanding parity.  I think City have been very prudent here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I'm happy with the principle we've taken on this. I'm pretty sure the money would have been available to Pep if he insisted he needed Sanchez but it looks like Pep didn't push it because he thought it was either too much or that he feels Sanchez may have broken his word. The money being banded around is over 350k per week and as you say, he wouldn't have been guaranteed a start, so to pay him far more than KdB is on would be madness

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Problem is, whoever signs him could end up with a salary war within the rest of their squadon with other players demanding parity.  I think City have been very prudent here.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

edited mr bj post

and u spuds have got the opposite problem on yoir doorstep (kane) being grossly underpaid .plus other players .the shit will rise tto the top .sooner rather then later

Edited by evenstevens
error

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

and u spuds have got the opposite problem on yoir doorstep (kane) being grossly underpaid .plus other players .the shit will rise tto the top .sooner rather then later

Same old record and yet we don't see any transfer request going in.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Same old record and yet we don't see any transfer request going in.

if you think its a matter of  T/F requests being the norm these present days,you are a goose on the loose, the Sanchez,Lukelu, Barks will tell u that

C/sea  at present cannot get Hazard or Courtous to sign excellent contracts,Kante will be next, and Spuds are underpaying their players ,headed by Kane (at 110k a week,) the players are holding all the aces now backed by their greedy agents (and i have,nt mentioned the Bungs BEING paid )have a think about it,if u are able to and E/S doubts that