Manchester City

mrbojangles

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

pretend it is for the good of everybody else. 

In fairness to Pep, he seems an extremely sincere guy and I believe he does mean it when he says he wants ALL players to have some protection and not just City players.

If the FA want the "bigger" clubs to treat the FA Cup and League Cup seriously and treat it with respect, they have to do something otherwise prem clubs won't risk putting out their best 11 for fear of them getting kicked nine bells of **** out of them by lower league clubs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

In fairness to Pep, he seems an extremely sincere guy and I believe he does mean it when he says he wants ALL players to have some protection and not just City players.

If the FA want the "bigger" clubs to treat the FA Cup and League Cup seriously and treat it with respect, they have to do something otherwise prem clubs won't risk putting out their best 11 for fear of them getting kicked nine bells of **** out of them by lower league clubs

Poor argument...play football and quit whining.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Poor argument...play football and quit whining.

Not whining, merely having a discussion but why is it a poor argument? Why should Clubs still playing in the CL for example risk putting out their best 11 for a domestic cup?

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not whining, merely having a discussion but why is it a poor argument? Why should Clubs still playing in the CL for example risk putting out their best 11 for a domestic cup?

If you feel its not worth the bother DON'T.

Simple as that.

City wasteful again up front and poor defending at the back. We look so nervous at the back against Vardy's pace - Laporte in particular. More goals in the 2nd half and the way this is panning out expect a shock - Vardy again or a Mahrez last minute salom goal?

City showing were only half a team without Silva, seriously.

We came out 2nd half strongly and never eased off. Brilliant 2nd half performance. Fernandinho excellent. KdB ran it 2nd half - 3 assists. Aguero - I can be very critical of him but his all round game was exceptional today rewarded with 4 goals. ..some goalscorer. Think over the course of the season we've been a better 2nd half team.

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Fair enough - but still, go and have your meeting, don't shout from the rooftops about it and pretend it is for the good of everybody else. 

Whether its for the good of everyone or all about City, either way its very savvy from City because what will almost certainly come out of it is refs will watch tackles in their games like a hawk and other teams will naturally tread more carefully when playing them.  Its an extremely clever ploy.  And regardless of motives, be they self serving or for the general good of the game, no one wants to see challenges like that one on Mane.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We came out 2nd half strongly and never eased off. Brilliant 2nd half performance. Fernandinho excellent. KdB ran it 2nd half - 3 assists. Aguero - I can be very critical of him but his all round game was exceptional today rewarded with 4 goals. ..some goalscorer. Think over the course of the season we've been a better 2nd half team.

Their goal was initially down to a poor pass by Otamendi which meant our defence were all out of position. I'm gonna give Laporte the benefit of doubt on that goal, as he was left alone to deal with Vardy.

2nd half was outstanding, as you say, particularly by KdB, that guy is all over the place. If he doesn't get player of the year it's an out and out fix. Aguero did what we all know he can do. His first 3 were typical Aguero goals but his 4th goal was an absolute cracker.

Fernandinho the unsung hero as per normal. Ederson just improves week on week. His calmness on the ball and accuracy in his passes is beyond belief for a goalie. He must just give our defence so much confidence.

Overall and in particular the second half, it was a pretty dominant performance with 70%+ possession and 19 shots to their 2. However, even though Sterling the first, he really needs to be slotting home more chances than he is doing. Don't know what his conversion rate is but I bet it isn't very high. 

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Their goal was initially down to a poor pass by Otamendi which meant our defence were all out of position. I'm gonna give Laporte the benefit of doubt on that goal, as he was left alone to deal with Vardy.

2nd half was outstanding, as you say, particularly by KdB, that guy is all over the place. If he doesn't get player of the year it's an out and out fix. Aguero did what we all know he can do. His first 3 were typical Aguero goals but his 4th goal was an absolute cracker.

Fernandinho the unsung hero as per normal. Ederson just improves week on week. His calmness on the ball and accuracy in his passes is beyond belief for a goalie. He must just give our defence so much confidence.

Overall and in particular the second half, it was a pretty dominant performance with 70%+ possession and 19 shots to their 2. However, even though Sterling the first, he really needs to be slotting home more chances than he is doing. Don't know what his conversion rate is but I bet it isn't very high. 

Couldn't believe how our defence couldn't handle Vardy for Leicester's goal; zinchenko and Gundogan put in powder puff tackles.  

While Aguero's blast for his 4th was spectacular it was how he took his 3rd I thought special: probably not another player on the pitch who would have been so cool and controlled to 'carefully' chip that one in.

If KdB wasn't our guaranteed player of the season,  then Fernandinho would be in with a shout.

Ederson was brilliant as sweeper keeper against the threat of vardy's pace; so calm, perfect control and distribution. Compare that with the terrible performance of Kasper - who apparently we were considering as Bravo replacement - who's kicking was atrocious and gifted us 2 goals.

I still don't think Sterling is a 'natural' footballer hence the strange way he kicks the ball and his iffy finishing. As for playing Sterling left (he's useless there) and Bernardo right (the 'checkback kid') it's all wrong: play them on their natural side of the pitch. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On 10/02/2018 at 3:24 PM, mrbojangles said:

Especially when they’ve got 2 best 11s ?

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2018 at 4:53 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Rightly or wrongly, City, and City fans, feel we are being targetted in games, so the club has requested a meeting with the body responsible for Premier League referees (referees' chief Mike Riley).

I believe previously in 2017 the club requested a meeting with Mike Riley to dscuss issues of concern and had such a meeting - see link below.

It is there very possible, and most likely that the meeting you say won't happen may well happen. It also doesn't not appear audacious to request such meetings and if such meetings are not possible they wouldn't have been held in the past and now in the present.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-news-pep-guardiola-mike-riley-meeting-victims-kyle-walker-foul-a7540566.html

As for getting a change of rule, obviously that can't happen now but City are trying to sound out the possibility of such rule change.

You have no ferkin chance with Mike Riley; he is a Man U fan. When he retired it cost Utd 12 points a season.

• Like 2

? @ManCity can now win the @PremierLeague at The Etihad on April 7th...vs @ManUtd. 

? ...If @ManUtd drop points ahead of the fixture, they will have to give champions @ManCity a Guard of Honour at The Etihad. 

????

in the words of the great Arthur Fonzarelli - “perfectamundo” 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 2