Manchester City

mrbojangles

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Great performance. Check out the 2 great team goals finished off by merlin.

Yeah, very happy with that performance. Didn't over do it and risk injuries, a very proffessional shift was put in and could easily have been a few more with a bit more clinical finishing, in particular from Sterling

43 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

whats that got to do with price of eggs

This is the City thread for things about City. I wasn't aware till earlier today, and I'm guessing other City fans weren't aware, that we'd won 101 points from the last 38 league games. Why is it relevant?  Because the record points in one 38 game season is Chelsea's 95 points so it shows how good our form has been going back to April 2017 (39 games ago we lost to Chelsea).

But thank you for asking and allowing me the opportunity to explain.  :smile:

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Reference to getting over the 100 point mark in a season. Although anything can happen in the last 8 games, we are still on track.

think you find  that is the last part of lsst season 2016/  17  plus to this point of this season.may i ask what do  win for this?

Just now, evenstevens said:

think you find  that is the last part of lsst season 2016/  17  plus to this point of this season.may i ask what do  win for this?

Well with that kind of form so far they have secured CL football so that is a win.

35 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

This is the City thread for things about City. I wasn't aware till earlier today, and I'm guessing other City fans weren't aware, that we'd won 101 points from the last 38 league games. Why is it relevant?  Because the record points in one 38 game season is Chelsea's 95 points so it shows how good our form has been going back to April 2017 (39 games ago we lost to Chelsea).

But thank you for asking and allowing me the opportunity to explain.  :smile:

•  

but you are running your senseless stat over two seasons.rather then one season .in my view  rather hypertheotical.or fudging .do it  one season then crow

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

I've explained the point of it, if you don't wish to understand the explanation, then fair enough. As BB says, this is the City thread and we talk about City related things. It was of interest to me, as I didn't realise we had gained so many points from the last 38 matches.

It's also more relevant to the City thread than asking how much eggs cost :smile:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I've explained the point of it, if you don't wish to understand the explanation, then fair enough. As BB says, this is the City thread and we talk about City related things. It was of interest to me, as I didn't realise we had gained so many points from the last 38 matches.

It's also more relevant to the City thread than asking how much eggs cost :smile:

very politely  bring to your attention the footy forum threads are open forany discussion providing they are on topic and not derogative..my last 3 posts have indeed been of that nature.why cover b/ b  misjudgement.. ? as i have already posted do it in one complete season.then crow for what ever its worth

Edited by evenstevens

3 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

very politely  bring to your attention the footy forum threads are open   forany discussion providing they are on topic and not derogative..my last 3 posts have indeed been of that nature.why cover b/ b  misjudgement.. ? 

Sorry E/S I'm not getting your point.

You seem to be persuing why a particular stat was posted and both BB and I explained why it was of interest (to a City fan). If it's of no interest to you, then no need to respond. If you do want to respond, why not just keep to the point of the stat.

16 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

very politely  bring to your attention the footy forum threads are open forany discussion providing they are on topic and not derogative..my last 3 posts have indeed been of that nature.why cover b/ b  misjudgement.. ? as i have already posted do it in one complete season.then crow for what ever its worth

You seem to want to avoid or ignore the explanation given so let me spell it to you. It shows City's form over the last 38 games (last 8 games of last season and the 30 games this season) has been terrific and results in more points than the record points in a season (by Chelsea, but that wasn't the point of the post). No it doesn't win City anything apart from my admiration, but hopefully we receive our winnings in 2 to 3 wins time. :smile:

Can't explain it any simpler than that to you.

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry E/S I'm not getting your point.

You seem to be persuing why a particular stat was posted and both BB and I explained why it was of interest (to a City fan). If it's of no interest to you, then no need to respond. If you do want to respond, why not just keep to the point of the stat.

the b/b stat is a fudge.and again i have posted in a correct manner.saying so . now you are going off the rails posting  that i am not adhering to your whim.s again the footy forum threads are open to discussion.is that right or not?

17 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

the footy forum threads are open to discussion.is that right or not?

Yes they are and I've not told you that you can't post but post something constructive will you please. You asked a question and got given the answer and so just posting "snnnzzz" as a response, isn't really the basis of a discussion.

17 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

A similar point was made about Leicester by all the pundits when thry realised worthingtons incredible escape from relegation with Leicester was the basis of there title winning run the next season. The form carried over to the title winning season.

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yes they are and I've not told you that you can't post but post something constructive will you please. You asked a question and got given the answer and so just posting "snnnzzz" as a response, isn't really the basis of a discussion.

now you are  going  down the blind side. with your snnzzz remarks as you have been beaten up l fair and square lol  leave it to the members and guests to their own findings whether b/b  stats are a fudge or not.  .no skin off my nose .one way or another

Edited by evenstevens

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

A similar point was made about Leicester by all the pundits when thry realised worthingtons incredible escape from relegation with Leicester was the basis of there title winning run the next season. The form carried over to the title winning season.

Worthington? You mean Nigel Pearson. Yep his team went from looking like relegation candidates to finish the season very strongly, then his son and team mate got him sacked while on tour in Thailand, up steeped Ranieri who kept the form going to win the Premier.

57 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Off topic post removed

I'll assume that is ES's sszzz comment. An abuse of your position, methinks. You should put it back in.

I sort of agree with ESs point.  City may be rewriting the record books this season but you and BB seem to be making up your own record book as well. What happened  last season may well have a bearing on what happens this season but they are separate. You get nothing; apart from a too big head.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, champers said:

I'll assume that is ES's sszzz comment. An abuse of your position, methinks. You should put it back in.

I sort of agree with ESs point.  City may be rewriting the record books this season but you and BB seem to be making up your own record book as well. What happened  last season may well have a bearing on what happens this season but they are separate. You get nothing; apart from a too big head.

"An abuse of your position, methinks. You should put it back in"   Mr. Bojangles is a very forgiving guy,  if Metisdead were the mod. then ES would be 'on his holidays' by now.  (Opps!  I commented on moderation.... bye)

17 minutes ago, champers said:

City may be rewriting the record books this season but you and BB seem to be making up your own record book as well.

What you talking about man. It was a simple stat and you and E/S have gone off your heads about it. Nobody is saying it's a record, it was merely a point and an interesting point to us City fans.

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What you talking about man. It was a simple stat and you and E/S have gone off your heads about it.

just posting my view. in  a very amicable on topic reply. no way going off my head .  please calm down and take a good stock of the discussion .you are in my view overheating lol  now have a nice evening

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Worthington? You mean Nigel Pearson. Yep his team went from looking like relegation candidates to finish the season very strongly, then his son and team mate got him sacked while on tour in Thailand, up steeped Ranieri who kept the form going to win the Premier.

That's the man yes sorry. 

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What you talking about man. It was a simple stat and you and E/S have gone off your heads about it. Nobody is saying it's a record, it was merely a point and an interesting point to us City fans.

And I am just saying it is not a valid record. I will not lose any sleep over it and I'm certainly not off my head (yet). 

Don't get paranoid if someone disagrees and says so. I dip in and out on all the Big 6 threads and sometimes I praise (Ferdandiho last week) and sometimes I criticize (City's youth policy). Mostly, I find it good fun to have a forum about football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

And I am just saying it is not a valid record. I will not lose any sleep over it and I'm certainly not off my head (yet). 

Don't get paranoid if someone disagrees and says so. I dip in and out on all the Big 6 threads and sometimes I praise (Ferdandiho last week) and sometimes I criticize (City's youth policy). Mostly, I find it good fun to have a forum about football.

Who said City had a record? Don't believe MrBj or I did. I stated "City have now won 101 points from the last 38 league games" and "record points in one 38 game season is Chelsea's 95 points so it shows how good our form has been". Just don't understand why you and t'other fella got irrated by this statistic?