Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

That was an idiot TalkSport post Bob. As soon as I saw the post on FB I went on to the City site and they are all sold out. They only went on general sale the other day. It amazes me why so many people care how many seats we sell. It seems to be the only thing they can try to take the pish out of us for. However, the reality is that we have been increasing the capacity of our ground constantly as we are always selling out.

A year old but still interesting on selling out/attendances.

Premier League attendances: How full is every stadium on average this season?

Fri, February 24, 2017

https://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/10794/Premier-League-attendances-full-every-top-flight-stadium-sportgalleries

Screenshot_2018-03-29-18-35-23.png

Screenshot_2018-03-29-18-35-34.png

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That was an idiot TalkSport post Bob. As soon as I saw the post on FB I went on to the City site and they are all sold out. They only went on general sale the other day. It amazes me why so many people care how many seats we sell. It seems to be the only thing they can try to take the pish out of us for. However, the reality is that we have been increasing the capacity of our ground constantly as we are always selling out.

There were empty seats at your last home CL fixture.

Maybe the “sell out” is the Arab save face thing. Or is it just fans can’t be arsed going? 

Is this another denail thing too?  Empty seats are empty seats, you could see on telly. 

I dont listen to Talksport they are associated with The Sun, was it mentioned on there? I read it in an article on Twitter. 

I find it interesting that you are doing so well and have so much success and high profile players and manager etc yet a game like this doesn’t sell out in seconds...

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Maybe the “sell out” is the Arab save face thing. Or is it just fans can’t be arsed going? 

The tickets are sold Bob....5k per match to the Sheikh and his buddies in Abu Dhabi:whistling:. Not City's fault they don't turn up! Still count as sales officially though!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Is this another denail thing too?  Empty seats are empty seats, you could see on telly. 

I dont listen to Talksport they are associated with The Sun, was it mentioned on there? I read it in an article on Twitter. 

I find it interesting that you are doing so well and have so much success and high profile players and manager etc yet a game like this doesn’t sell out in seconds...

1. Regarding the "empty seats at your last home CL fixture", wasn't it a dead rubber vs the not so appealling Basel.

2. Bob we didn't sell out in seconds for the game against Liverpool but we have sold out. We've got your (very minor) point.

3. I find it interesting that you are doing so well...and high profile players and manager etc yet your home attendance at 98% is lower than City's and only the 8th highest... (touché)

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Regarding the "empty seats at your last home CL fixture", wasn't it a dead rubber vs the not so appealling Basel.

2. Bob we didn't sell out in seconds for the game against Liverpool but we have sold out. We've got your (very minor) point.

3. I find it interesting that you are doing so well...and high profile players and manager etc yet your home attendance at 98% is lower than City's and only the 8th highest... (touché)

1. So your fans can’t be arsed watching  your club at home in the  last 16 of the CL 

2. It’s a reflection of your clubs status

3. We sell out every match, even European dead rubbers 

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

1. So your fans can’t be arsed watching  your club at home in the  last 16 of the CL 

Why does it matter Bob? City have gone from a 35,000 seater at Maine Rd to the Etihad increasing capacity a couple of times to 55,000 now. Takes time to get up to maximum occupancy and then our owners will increase again, meaning there will be empty seats again.

Carms, if you wonder why we think you aren't keen on Pep, here are just a few of your posts over a couple of days during Pep's first few months. These kind of posts stick in your mind and are hard to forget, so forgive us if you've changed your mind on him. TBH, I don't really care if you like him or not and we don't want or need your admiration but as soon as you post your thoughts on here we have a right to reply. 

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:19 PM, carmine said:

I think Pep is more than aware that despite his 21 trophies he likes to mention, frequently, he has an awful lot to prove, and frankly, he;'s struggling at an very cushy number.  I personally think and of course its my opinion only, he's crapping it right now.  Brought in a crap keeper, gotten rid of a very good keeper, defense is poor and if you really answer the question as to has he improved City the answers NO.  

Gifted success so far, lets see what he's made of this season.  

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:11 PM, carmine said:

I think its fascinating seeing if the highest paid manager in the world is actually that good!!  Thus far, the answers a very definite thumbs down but of course we'll see in time.  :smile:

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:02 AM, carmine said:

Bravo JD....but Southampton for example would do!!  Don't really understand why they think i have it in for Pep because my opinion is a widespread one.  And yes, i was saying it long before his arrival at City.

BB doesn't seem to realize that Pep basically failed at Bayern because the Bundesliga is a given if your are Bayerns coach.

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Where's the whoopee doo emiticon when you need one? Where's that clutching at straws image when I need it again? Remember Bob you're the mighty Liverpool, were just liccle Citeh from Maine Road :smile:

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Why does it matter Bob? City have gone from a 35,000 seater at Maine Rd to the Etihad increasing capacity a couple of times to 55,000 now. Takes time to get up to maximum occupancy and then our owners will increase again, meaning there will be empty seats again.

15 years ago you moved. Our ground sells out for legends matches, most of which aren’t even legends ?

I’m just on the wind up before the big match ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

15 years ago you moved. Our ground sells out for legends matches, most of which aren’t even legends ?

Funnily enough there's an article in Manchester Evening News on the tickets sales drama!!

Man City success is exposing hypocrisy of Manchester United and Liverpool fans

Manchester City go head to head with their two big rivals in the coming weeks.

One thing is for sure – Manchester City 's success is bringing out the split personalities of rival fans!

We have seen it in the last few days, as the Blues have been selling tickets for the Champions Leaguer quarter-finals against Liverpool – which have now all gone.

Liverpool fans have been joined in an unholy alliance by United fans in sneering at 'ickle Ciddy' and their inability to sell out such a huge game within nano-seconds of the tickets being released for sale.

Ignoring the fact that City graded the way they sold tickets, so that certain brands of season ticket holders got first stab, and then new batches were released depending on the number of 'loyalty points' they had, the criticisms are massively hypocritical.

Focusing on the Liverpool and United fans who have been all over social media, desperately trying to ridicule City, the snipers split into two camps.

The first lot are just hilarious, typically represented by a United fan from Limerick, who decided to poke fun at City for not selling out in a heartbeat.

After some quizzing by City fans, he revealed that he had never actually been to Old Trafford because you can never get tickets – which came as news to everyone, including the Old Trafford ticket office.

Such fools get the derision they deserve, but there is another breed, of genuine, match-going Reds – Merseysiders and Mancs – who have developed something of a split personality over this issue.

They spend half of their lives whinging about the number of tourists who show up at their stadiums, taking tickets out of the hands of local fans, and ensuring prices remain high by driving up demand.

Continued full article:- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-success-exposing-hypocrisy-14470905

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funnily enough there's an article in Manchester Evening News on the tickets sales drama!!

One thing is for sure – Manchester City 's success is bringing out the split personalities of rival fans!

We have seen it in the last few days, as the Blues have been selling tickets for the Champions Leaguer quarter-finals against Liverpool – which have now all gone.

Liverpool fans have been joined in an unholy alliance by United fans in sneering at 'ickle Ciddy' and their inability to sell out such a huge game within nano-seconds of the tickets being released for sale.

Ignoring the fact that City graded the way they sold tickets, so that certain brands of season ticket holders got first stab, and then new batches were released depending on the number of 'loyalty points' they had, the criticisms are massively hypocritical.

Focusing on the Liverpool and United fans who have been all over social media, desperately trying to ridicule City, the snipers split into two camps.

The first lot are just hilarious, typically represented by a United fan from Limerick, who decided to poke fun at City for not selling out in a heartbeat.

After some quizzing by City fans, he revealed that he had never actually been to Old Trafford because you can never get tickets – which came as news to everyone, including the Old Trafford ticket office.

Such fools get the derision they deserve, but there is another breed, of genuine, match-going Reds – Merseysiders and Mancs – who have developed something of a split personality over this issue.

They spend half of their lives whinging about the number of tourists who show up at their stadiums, taking tickets out of the hands of local fans, and ensuring prices remain high by driving up demand.

Continued full article:- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-success-exposing-hypocrisy-14470905

Any supporter who goes regularly or even a couple of times a year would know how this system works.

The writer is a winker who knows nothing but his press card and funny to read comments by those who have "never been" cos they can't get a ticket...foork me I could get a Man Utd ticket any time I wanted or a City one for most games anyway with a single phone call.

You have to laugh at the stupidity and the scousers know it all too of course.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

? I love how you always reference the Manchester Evening News. ? 

• Like 1

Pec Zwolle defender Philippe Sandler has joined Manchester City. The 21-year-old, who is called ‘the next Virgil van Dijk’, has signed for the Sky Blues in a club-record deal  and hopes to become a first-team regular in the future. Sandler is PEC Zwolle’s most expensive sale and will be loaned back to his former club for the remainder of the season. City’s Director of Football Txiki Begiristain spoke with Zwolle manager John van’t Schip after being instructed to look at the centre-back.The 21-year-old has made 18 Eredivisie appearances this season, averaging a tackle or interception every 23 minutes. Sandler’s side are currently seventh in the table with 40 points from 28 games, one point clear of the sides outside of the Europa League playoff places.

"Pep Guardiola has compared Manchester City defender Kyle Walker to Champions League winners Philipp Lahm and Eric Abidal...Guardiola did mention Walker as a potential centre-back earlier in the season when hampered by injuries to his first choices in those positions but ultimately did not use them there."

Not so sure I agree with Pep on the comparison. Wouldn't like to see Walker as a CB..no good in the area for his height (sure he's about Otamendi height who IS excellent in the air).

On 29/03/2018 at 11:16 PM, BangrakBob said:

I find it interesting that you are doing so well and have so much success and high profile players and manager etc yet a game like this doesn’t sell out in seconds...

For the record, the attendance in the Basel deadrubber was 49,411. Etihad capacity is 55,097.