Manchester City

mrbojangles

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

That 'scrote' had a lot of LFC mates:clap2:

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

That 'scrote' had a lot of LFC mates:clap2:

Dac1vdtWAAIATxV.jpg

They are just thug scum. Keep your pyrotechnics in Liverpool and you shouldn't be condoning that behaviour. Don't forget. Liverpool aren't out of the woods yet as UEFA are hearing your case at the end of May. These hooligans could ruin it for you next year. I'm sure you haven't forgotten 1985 when English teams where banned because of some Liverpool hooligans

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry mate, firstly it's not a "rule" but a "law" and secondly it is down to where Sane was when KdB (the last City player to touch the ball) crossed the ball. Sane was onside and you can't squirm out of it. Several referee's and even Stevie G have admitted it.

Rule/Law....splitting hairs there mate. The refs/players(incl) SG were assuming the ref thought it came off Jesus not Milner....Havent heard one of them come out with the convoluted 'explanation' that you found. I 'm satisfied that the LAW is there to stop a player, in an offside position, gaining an advantage from an inadvertent rebound. No squirming here. I am happy with my interpretation.:sorry:

Edited by wilai

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

I 'm satisfied that the LAW is there to stop a player, in an offside position, gaining an advantage from an inadvertent rebound.

But that's the point WIlai. He wasn't off side. Find me a credible source that agrees with your stance

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

They are just thug scum. Keep your pyrotechnics in Liverpool and you shouldn't be condoning that behaviour. Don't forget. Liverpool aren't out of the woods yet as UEFA are hearing your case at the end of May. These hooligans could ruin it for you next year. I'm sure you haven't forgotten 1985 when English teams where banned because of some Liverpool hooligans

Now you're just getting bitter. That's not like you lad:saai:

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

But that's the point WIlai. He wasn't off side. Find me a credible source that agrees with your stance

He was in an offside position mate. Just one defender between him and the goal. That is an offside POSITION.Sorry.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wilai said:

Now you're just getting bitter. That's not like you lad:saai:

Following last weeks assault on our team bus, why on earth would a so called "supporter" set off a flare in the City seats if it wasn't purely to insite trouble. It's lunacy mate and I'm glad our fans didn't give your bus the same treatment.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Following last weeks assault on our team bus, why on earth would a so called "supporter" set off a flare in the City seats if it wasn't purely to insite trouble. It's lunacy mate and I'm glad our fans didn't give your bus the same treatment.

Moral high ground is a good spot after a double spanking. :sorry:

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And you think referencing Heysel, which obviously again 100% lays silent at the foot of liverpool fans is justified . Class! 

49 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like people are catching up!

'Despite the winger being in a clear offside position, City argued he could not have been flagged as the ball had been played to him off the knee of James Milner.

However, many observers have since pointed out the laws of the game which state a player in an offside position becomes active if gaining an advantage when the ball deflects off an opponent.

Did Liverpool benefit from a stroke of luck with the officials missing Milner's touch, or did they regard it as being unintentional?'

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Give over Wilai. We're just debating our interpretations

Was only getting me dinner. The chef is away so had to make my own:biggrin:

Edited by wilai

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

Looks like people are catching up!

'Despite the winger being in a clear offside position, City argued he could not have been flagged as the ball had been played to him off the knee of James Milner.

However, many observers have since pointed out the laws of the game which state a player in an offside position becomes active if gaining an advantage when the ball deflects off an opponent.

Did Liverpool benefit from a stroke of luck with the officials missing Milner's touch, or did they regard it as being unintentional?'

Was only getting me dinner. The chef is away so had to make my own:biggrin:

Don't you have Lays and Chang in your mooban???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

And you think referencing Heysel, which obviously again 100% lays silent at the foot of liverpool fans is justified . Class! 

Don't understand your comment Bob. Your idiot fans / over aggressive reception of away teams COULD get liverpool in to trouble (say 2 or 3 future home games). As MrBj referred, unfortunately the Heysel incident - 6 year ban wasn't it - has tarred Liverpool with eufa.

"However, many observers have since pointed out the laws of the game which state a player in an offside position becomes active if gaining an advantage when the ball deflects off an opponent."

Where's that quote from? Who are these many observers, anyone who's  a ref or ex-ref, or knobhead and his mates from a scouse pub?

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No quotes yet (except from wilai) in support of it was a correct decision to rule out Sane's goal.

Here's one in support of wrong decision. From http://you-are-the-ref.com/man-city-1-liverpool-2-1-5-leroy-sanes-goal-should-have-stood/

I've seen quotes from Clattenburg and Foy, both ex-refs who have studied the incident and both agree the goal should have stood.

I think it's also worth mentioning that UCL football matches also include 2 additional match officials to make it 5 on the pitch and 

one on the touchline.

It still baffles me as to what exactly are the additional two standing 

on the side of each goal holding a magic wand  exact purpose ?

How can that official have missed the Milner touch,  he was standing 15 feet away, and why is it that they never seem to interact in any of the matches that i've seen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I think it's also worth mentioning that UCL football matches also include 2 additional match officials to make it 5 on the pitch and 

one on the touchline.

How can that official have missed the Milner touch,  he was standing 15 feet away, and why is it that they never seem to interact in any of the matches that i've seen.

Same here Sots. Absolute waste of money they are

7 minutes ago, sotsira said:

one on the touchline.

Totally agree with all your comments.

Apparently the two additional assistant referees (AAR) are an "innovation which has proved its worth" according to Eufa's website:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/protecting-the-game/refereeing/aar/index.html

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't understand your comment Bob. Your idiot fans / over aggressive reception of away teams COULD get liverpool in to trouble (say 2 or 3 future home games). As MrBj referred, unfortunately the Heysel incident - 6 year ban wasn't it - has tarred Liverpool with eufa.

Uefa chose a ground that had been built in the 1920s and condemned in the early 1980s for failing to meet modern safety standards, which were far from stringent. Evans recalls that the outer wall, made of cinder block, was decaying, that he was not required to show his ticket and that, long before the stampede, he saw a crash barrier in front of him crumble.

Jacques Georges, the Uefa president at the time, and Hans Bangerter, his general secretary, were threatened with imprisonment but eventually given conditional discharges. Albert Roosens, the former secretary-general of the Belgian Football Union (BFU), was given a six-month suspended prison sentence for “regrettable negligence” with regard to ticketing arrangements. So was gendarme captain Johan Mahieu, who was in charge of the policing the stands at Heysel. “He made fundamental errors,” Pierre Verlynde, the judge, said. “He was far too passive. I find his negligence extraordinary.”

?

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

7F965BC6-5658-4BD0-8B16-0C2F7CF31C5B.jpeg

F8CE3885-F32D-4A71-ABA3-8118E2BAB90C.png

Oh what, are people still going on about the City bus being damaged?!!!  Get over it <deleted>!!!!

It isn't the reason City were knocked out.  It was merely an act od stupid mindless vandalism which has been discussed and everyone agree on that  City were knocked out because Pep was possibly a little tactically inept at times and there were decisions that could have gone either way, and didn't go yours.  Sounds like a normal cup tie to me!! 

38 minutes ago, carmine said:

Oh what, are people still going on about the City bus being damaged?!!!  Get over it <deleted>!!!!

It isn't the reason City were knocked out.  It was merely an act od stupid mindless vandalism which has been discussed and everyone agree on that  City were knocked out because Pep was possibly a little tactically inept at times and there were decisions that could have gone either way, and didn't go yours.  Sounds like a normal cup tie to me!! 

Don't think anyone has even mentioned the bus being damaged as a reason for us being knocked out Carms. Don't know where you got that from. There is nothing to get over.

So what is the solution?

Back to the drawing board and the financial board of course?

Does the city team need another revamp and if so who where and what is required to catapult city amongst the super elite teams who have won the elusive CL crown?

It's all well having a strong depthy squad of 50m players and a top coach for the marathon pursuit that is the domestic league but knock out elite football Comps are a different story and that is where the issue is becoming apparent.

10 years since the sheikh too over. 

The plan is not on course in their eyes with out the CL crown.

• Like 1