Manchester City

mrbojangles

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 how old are you? I'm curious to know if you're old enough to have seen the great liverpool teams as champions of england. If you're under 40 you might not have seen them.

I'm old enough to see the difference between a team that deserves to be in the CL final and a manufactured team with no heart.

That's the difference between our two teams right there in that Abu Dhabi marketing campaign disguised as a news story.

We are a football club bareback and entwined in our recent and long history in football are the footballers and managers who have played/managed for us. I'm pretty sure that one football player for city was named in that whole article. Dennis tueart?  If recall name correctly, a player I'm pretty sure is from pre 1980, basically at least 40 years ago. I recall from that article 3 Arabs mentioned. The sheikh, a developer Al fahim and his successor Al mubrak. 

Our story is a much better one but it would be easy to point to all the past glories of yesteryear so I'll stick to the last 13 years. You cannot write about Liverpool's history without highlighting some great players, some great efforts and of course some great finals and the slip. All the talk on that article is the business end of football and the lengths taken to ensure that investment is not lost.

The truth is that article is saying what everyone else says about your outfit. Your buying the trophies and that is why the only player mentioned for city in that article was a throwback from 40 years ago.

That article just rips the soul out of football.

L

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 I got bored after "I'm old enough...yadda yadda..." and you failed to answer my question, so I couldn't be arsed reading the rest.

Stop lying you read it word for word.

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, we didn't seem to get out of first gear. Lots of possession but no penetration

Having been blinded by an image of Bob on the Spurs thread today,  I think "no penetration" might be a problem he's familiar with :post-4641-1156694572:

23 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Huddersfield are expected to form a guard of honour before the game, as have Swansea and West Ham in the last two games. Regardless of it being City, I think that's a nice touch by thise clubs.

City's championship winning team from 50 years ago (1968) will form a 2nd guard of honour. 16 year old City academy prospect Tommy Doyle (scored penalty for England midweek) – grandson of '68 stalwarts Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe – will be among them. Off the top of my head the surviving members are:
Tonk Book ("skip")
Glyn Pardoe
Tommy Booth
Alan Oakes
Colin Bell
Francis Lee
Mike Summerbee

A nice touch.

[See Real won't give Barca a guard of honour at their game Monday)

Tv coverage didn't really show who was in the old boys but I read Stan Bowles was in it, and I forgot to include Big Joe in my list above. 

Players had their party hats on yesterday with that performance - though we did pick up a point with ManU, Liverpool and Spurs all losing - but fair play to Huddersfield who defended deep and well.

Couldn't believe Sane stayed on all game as I thought he was bobbins. Sterling was wasted left side and centre but was excellent back where he belongs rightside. Didn't agree with subbing KdB when we were chasing a goal. Ederson was excellent and saved us at least once.

Never mind the result, at fulltime had a 'championi bounce' around the room and champagne (kids have got their eye on my cider).

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Having been blinded by an image of Bob on the Spurs thread today,  I think "no penetration" might be a problem he's familiar with :post-4641-1156694572:

I will bone you to prove a point! 

8 changes from the weekend game but never really got out of second gear and totally dominated and job done. Please, never let Bravo put on a goalie shirt again, he makes me nervous every time he touches the ball. Nice to see Pep giving a few of the young un's a run out, except for Yaya of course who deserved a good send off.

Still some records that could be broken on Sunday by our average manager, so we'll do a final tot up after sunday

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

8 changes from the weekend game but never really got out of second gear and totally dominated and job done. Please, never let Bravo put on a goalie shirt again, he makes me nervous every time he touches the ball. Nice to see Pep giving a few of the young un's a run out, except for Yaya of course who deserved a good send off.

Still some records that could be broken on Sunday by our average manager, so we'll do a final tot up after sunday

"Still some records that could be broken on Sunday by our average manager, so we'll do a final tot up after sunday"

Even an 'average manager' can be successful with a sovereign wealth fund for support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREM-R said:

Even an 'average manager' can be successful with a sovereign wealth fund for support.

Anybody "can" be anything. The difference is "doing" it and I think even the biggest knockers admit Pep has done it playing stylish football and smashing records attained by several clubs over several years in one season

• Like 1

Nearly missed my first televised game in donkey's last night. Wasn't on live in the UK (took me a while to work that out) so hdprime was no good - I'm upcountry in a little hotel - couldn't find a live stream that worked (1st failure this season) and was saved by my kid (who was supposed to be sleeping off his cold) texting me in the 20th minute "Dad, are you watching? ". Thank you my son for finding a thai live stream and no complaints from the wife and I on him staying awake most the night.

Enjoyed the game. Good goals. Bravo please leave now! Yaya was really up for it and was excellent - very emotional farewell had me tearing-up; he will be missed and another club is going to get a very experienced decent pro next season.

Sane was brilliant: best game of the season? He seemed to be everywhere. He looked really up for it; if only he could could do that every game.

So another few records with the 100 points and the 'more than 18 point gap' to go for on Sunday.

Happy days!

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nearly missed my first televised game in donkey's last night. Wasn't on live in the UK (took me a while to work that out) so hdprime was no good - I'm upcountry in a little hotel - couldn't find a live stream that worked (1st failure this season) and was saved by my kid (who was supposed to be sleeping off his cold) texting me in the 20th minute "Dad, are you watching? ". Thank you my son for finding a thai live stream and no complaints from the wife and I on him staying awake most the night.

Enjoyed the game. Good goals. Bravo please leave now! Yaya was really up for it and was excellent - very emotional farewell had me tearing-up; he will be missed and another club is going to get a very experienced decent pro next season.

Sane was brilliant: best game of the season? He seemed to be everywhere. He looked really up for it; if only he could could do that every game.

So another few records with the 100 points and the 'more than 18 point gap' to go for on Sunday.

Happy days!

Mobdro.

Do not like our kit last night. Its like last season's but worse. Love this seasons kit. Why don't kit makers bother to poll fans? Come up with a few kits and ask the fans opinion. Ask them what they want. The red and black stripes away kit needs another outing. The current training kit - white with 2 sashes - would make a great away kit.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Cheers Ronnie I'll check it out. With BEin at home, hdprime and live streams when away I've been able to find some way to watch all City's televised games but last night I struggled.

Mobdro has all the beIN channels and more.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:22 AM, carmine said:

Already posted on the Spurs thread that the penalty decision doesn't take away from it being a deserved win.  

I still don't want VAR until they've proven they can administer it properly.  As yet, they haven't.

Just watch it on Sky or BT Sports. You get the replay four or five times from different angles within about 20 seconds. What else has the 4th official got to do except hold an LED board up now & then, and check the subs studs.

And while I am at it, why not have the ref's microphone put thru the PA system when he makes a decision so everyone knows why he has made it.

And as in Germany a while back, if a decision is so obviously wrong, bring 'em back, or cancel the goal or penalty.

And scrap the offside rule.

We Are The Champions My Friend.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Do not like our kit last night. Its like last season's but worse. Love this seasons kit. Why don't kit makers bother to poll fans? Come up with a few kits and ask the fans opinion. Ask them what they want. The red and black stripes away kit needs another outing. The current training kit - white with 2 sashes - would make a great away kit.

It’s Nike, they serve up shit kits. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It’s Nike, they serve up shit kits. 

I thought the original idea of 'away' kits was so that if the two team's kits were similar, the away team would change. It cannot be THAT difficult to design 20 different home kits which are different. It is SO stupid shouting Come On You Blues when they are wearing purple. And of course, they are ripping kids off who have to buy two kits every year.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I thought the original idea of 'away' kits was so that if the two team's kits were similar, the away team would change. It cannot be THAT difficult to design 20 different home kits which are different. It is SO stupid shouting Come On You Blues when they are wearing purple. And of course, they are ripping kids off who have to buy two kits every year.

No one has to buy any kits.

When we was young only kit I ever had was a Leeds 1976 kit three sizes too big.