Manchester City

mrbojangles

35 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Worst 45 of the season? Pep picked the wrong starting 11. Player's head's on holidays already. Waiting to lose to a shock goal. Poor!

Sterling isn't a central forward. Gundogan isn't Silva and can't get in to the game. Passes going astray. 2nd best to the loose ball. And then we have Bravo in goal as a handicap.

Sort it out Pep. Jesus on in the middle. Walker on for Danilo and Sterling wide right for Bernardo.

Grr!

Bit harsh, considering what has gone before this season. 

Switch over to the Spurs game if you are looking for entertainment.

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Worst 45 of the season? Pep picked the wrong starting 11. Player's head's on holidays already. Waiting to lose to a shock goal. Poor!

Sterling isn't a central forward. Gundogan isn't Silva and can't get in to the game. Passes going astray. 2nd best to the loose ball. And then we have Bravo in goal as a handicap.

Sort it out Pep. Jesus on in the middle. Walker on for Danilo and Sterling wide right for Bernardo.

Grr!

Define season pal. You mean league games in domestic league?

27 minutes ago, champers said:

Bit harsh, considering what has gone before this season. 

Switch over to the Spurs game if you are looking for entertainment.

Comments were on 1st half POOR performance and not season's BRILLIANT performance. 

I don't watch other games when City are on: never have, never will.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Comments were on 1st half POOR performance and not season's BRILLIANT performance. 

I don't watch other games when City are on: never have, never will.

I'm the same if Bolton are on, though I often wonder why I bother.

• Like 1

Just to recap on the records broken :tongue:

100 points

32 wins

16 away wins

18 successive wins

106 goals

+79 goal difference

19 point gap to 2nd place

Oh. And Phil Foden becomes the youngest player ever to win a Premier League title medal. Not that we ever give the youngsters a run out of course

49 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

100 points

32 wins

16 away wins

18 successive wins

106 goals

+79 goal difference

Oh. And Phil Foden becomes the youngest player ever to win a Premier League title medal. Not that we ever give the youngsters a run out of course

You forgot to mention the most money spent on transfers by a huuuuge margin.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

100 points

32 wins

16 away wins

18 successive wins

106 goals

+79 goal difference

Well if you call no starts and playing 45 mins in a season a run out you must be easily pleased, if was him i'd give the medal back as i wouldn't to take a medal under pretences !!

In fact not one academy player started a Premier League game, is that  a record as well ?

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, balo said:

City will probably finish outside top 4, its a tradition when you won it , the season after will be a struggle. Money doesnt matter. Remove 3-4 key players from City and you will be a good top 6 team.

No i can't see that.  City won't bottle it like Chelsea.  Proper bottlers.  

I think next season will be more competitive but City will still win it.  Liverpool's hopes rest with FSG and whether or not they financially back Klopp.

• Sad 1

Fixtures will be revealed on June 14 - the same day the World Cup begins.

Premier League transfer window will close before the start of the season.That means it is due to close on August 9 rather than August 31.

The 2018/19 Premier League season will begin on August 11.

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You forgot to mention the most money spent on transfers by a huuuuge margin.

Congratulations.

I was going to say....money spent's a record too!!!:shock1:

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

100 points

32 wins

16 away wins

18 successive wins

106 goals

+79 goal difference

Screenshot_2018-05-14-08-41-39.png

Premier League 2017-18 review: manager of the season

Sean Dyche, David Wagner and Roy Hodgson have worked commendably, but it’s hard to look beyond the title winner

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/14/premier-league-2017-18-review-manager-of-the-season

"...it is an inescapable truth that those eager to belittle Guardiola’s achievements and dismiss the City boss as little more than a cheque-book manager habitually overlook the comparatively poor purchases made by similarly free-spending sides.

With great wealth comes great responsibility and only the most one-eyed fans of the clubs passing for City’s title rivals this season could deny that Guardiola has spent the hundreds of millions put at his disposal exceptionally well. In his two seasons at City, he has spent £20m or more on 10 players. Of that group, John Stones is arguably the nearest thing to a poor investment. The same John Stones who is still only 23 and will almost certainly start for England at the World Cup. We can only speculate, but should City sell any or all of Stones, Aymeric Laporte, Kyle Walker, Ederson, Bernardo Silva, Leroy Sané, Danilo, Benjamin Mendy, Gabriel Jesus or Ilkay Gündoğan , they would almost certainly turn a profit or at least recoup their initial outlay.

Perhaps what City’s romp to the title has demonstrated more than anything is Guardiola’s shrewdness in the transfer market is matched by his ability to take a group of excellent footballers and make them better. He has made a mockery of warnings he would be forced to adapt to the Premier League and two seasons in, City’s nearest rivals find themselves in a desperate, unseemly scramble..."

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Wasn't expecting us to sell Maffeo but with Walker and Danilo ahead of him it's similar situation to Kieran Trippier having to be sold due to Zabaleta and Micah Richards being ahead of him

"...Manchester City have sold talented young right-back Pablo Maffeo to VfB Stuttgart with the Bundesliga club paying a club-record fee.According to renowned Catalan journalist Gerard Romero, the Germans have paid €10million (£8.8million) for Maffeo, while German reports put the fee at closer to €9million (£7.9million). Either fee is the most Stuttgart have ever handed over for a player.The Spain under-21 international has signed a long-term deal with Stuttgart that will keep him at the club until 2023..."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"...it is an inescapable truth that those eager to belittle Guardiola’s achievements and dismiss the City boss as little more than a cheque-book manager 

Mm mm. Let me think.......do I know anybody who fits that bill !!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Premier League 2017-18 review: manager of the season

Sean Dyche, David Wagner and Roy Hodgson have worked commendably, but it’s hard to look beyond the title winner

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/14/premier-league-2017-18-review-manager-of-the-season

"...it is an inescapable truth that those eager to belittle Guardiola’s achievements and dismiss the City boss as little more than a cheque-book manager habitually overlook the comparatively poor purchases made by similarly free-spending sides.

With great wealth comes great responsibility and only the most one-eyed fans of the clubs passing for City’s title rivals this season could deny that Guardiola has spent the hundreds of millions put at his disposal exceptionally well. In his two seasons at City, he has spent £20m or more on 10 players. Of that group, John Stones is arguably the nearest thing to a poor investment. The same John Stones who is still only 23 and will almost certainly start for England at the World Cup. We can only speculate, but should City sell any or all of Stones, Aymeric Laporte, Kyle Walker, Ederson, Bernardo Silva, Leroy Sané, Danilo, Benjamin Mendy, Gabriel Jesus or Ilkay Gündoğan , they would almost certainly turn a profit or at least recoup their initial outlay.

Perhaps what City’s romp to the title has demonstrated more than anything is Guardiola’s shrewdness in the transfer market is matched by his ability to take a group of excellent footballers and make them better. He has made a mockery of warnings he would be forced to adapt to the Premier League and two seasons in, City’s nearest rivals find themselves in a desperate, unseemly scramble..."

Sounds good but what the hell is this journalist smoking and he forgot bravo too.

John stones - 50m outlay.

Recoup 35m at best.

Same with kyle walker.

Suspect Mendy outlay would not be recouped.

Sane defo 

Gundogan I'd hope it was only 20M I think.

Too early to say on bernardo but unlikely 

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City's home and away record is almost comparable but it was away we won the title 

AWAY - 16 point gap

HOME - 3 point gap

Screenshot_2018-05-14-18-35-04.png

Screenshot_2018-05-14-18-34-53.png

Shame about your home and away record in the elite competition though. 

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Being Champions of England, again, I couldn't be happier - ching <deleted> ching! :smile:

Ok bare back but the league is not the ultimate goal is it? Not in the eyes of the board. That kind of wonga is not being spent for just domestic success. The truth is you have a big leg up and you are not on the right track. The chelsea 10 year plan was successful but yours I do not think is. Just speaking from an executive members standpoint like.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok bare back but the league is not the ultimate goal is it? Not in the eyes of the board. That kind of wonga is not being spent for just domestic success. The truth is you have a big leg up and you are not on the right track. The chelsea 10 year plan was successful but yours I do not think is. 

Patience my young Padawan.

Year 1, Pep needed to get the gist of the Prem and found out who he needed to offload in order to play his style.

Year 2. BOOM swept aside years old prem records as he romped home to the title.

Year 3. To be continued

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Patience my young Padawan.

Year 1, Pep needed to get the gist of the Prem and found out who he needed to offload in order to play his style.

Year 2. BOOM swept aside years old prem records as he romped home to the title.

Year 3. To be continued

Patience v powerhouse management and shrewd market awareness. Result: 25th May.

Tune in Maestro you are never too old to learn.

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Patience v powerhouse management and shrewd market awareness. Result: 25th May.

Tune in Maestro you are never too old to learn.

Are you aware that we finished 25 points above you in the Prem? I repeat...25 points. In a league covering 38 games made for endurance management. You got stuffy with loads of dodgy decisions in a knockout comp. Maybe those lucky decisions will go RM way in the final or maybe not. But you certainly are setting yourself up for a big fall, being so cocky like

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Are you aware that we finished 25 points above you in the Prem? I repeat...25 points. In a league covering 38 games made for endurance management. You got stuffy with loads of dodgy decisions in a knockout comp. Maybe those lucky decisions will go RM way in the final or maybe not. But you certainly are setting yourself up for a big fall, being so cocky like

I'm ready to end this BJ but your pal likes bareback likes to twist the knife just as much as you. If we do not win I will be disappointed but my confidence in this team has rocketed and that's what makes us such a tasty prospect next season. Doing you hone and away like that like, it's one of those key encounters that makes a good team realise they are a great time and the result is what you now see with those tricky lower league matches. Stoke and WBA games aside we have a better belief now amd a calmer more composed approach. Who needs 400m, you do.