Manchester City

mrbojangles

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I see you are nicking De Ligt from under our noses....don't forget to save 50m quid for Toby as well...you wouldn't want to see him wearing a red shirt!

Crossing all sorts of boundaries now aren't they....

groove_is_in_the_heart.jpg

• Like 1

Man city season in full swing. The cheque signer is having a blinder, the agents are queuing up outside the council house, the sheikhs are arriving on planes by them self with every other seat reserved for their wad loads of cash and the youth teams are hoping to be sold for a meagre profit but at least they will play a 5 more games than Foden did for his medal. 

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Man city season in full swing. The cheque signer is having a blinder, the agents are queuing up outside the council house, the sheikhs are arriving on planes by them self with every other seat reserved for their wad loads of cash and the youth teams are hoping to be sold for a meagre profit but at least they will play a 5 more games than Foden did for his medal. 

And your jealousy is still in full swing

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And your jealousy is still in full swing

I've explained to you before. It is not jealousy in the slightest. My team done you in the elite competition with a teenybopper in the team. Mate you've probably got bogeys older than TAA and he's played more games than your whole youth team has professionally. I know if ffp was correctly regulated your team would not be near contention and that there is fact. I know whilst FFP continues to be mismanaged we have progressed. It's a false win for city lad and that is why no one should be jealous like.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I've explained to you before. It is not jealousy in the slightest. My team done you in the elite competition with a teenybopper in the team. Mate you've probably got bogeys older than TAA and he's played more games than your whole youth team has professionally. I know if ffp was correctly regulated your team would not be near contention and that there is fact. I know whilst FFP continues to be mismanaged we have progressed. It's a false win for city lad and that is why no one should be jealous like.

Well there you go. A post brimming with the utmost jealousy, the likes I have never witnessed before. Stop it with this envy and jealousy Rc, it's not good for you

We were investigated correctly (don't forget the elite didn't want us at the top table) and we were fined. We were then later cleared and refunded. 

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If the rumours are to be believed looks like the Hammers may be getting Pellegrini. I always thought he was well respected at City and done a decent job. 

Be interested in your views. 

Hard not to like a guy who won the league for you and was a gentleman. It seemed his tactics and choice of players suffered near the end, and of course he wasn't going to fend off Pep's arrival.

I'm not sure he's a good fit for West Ham. We'll see. 

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

Hard not to like a guy who won the league for you and was a gentleman. It seemed his tactics and choice of players suffered near the end, and of course he wasn't going to fend off Pep's arrival.

He's a potentially good fit if he can bring in two or three quality players, to really give him a bit more two work with.   As you say, very likable guy and and a very decent manager.

5 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Why would that be do you think 

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

West Ham seems a mess from top to bottom. I'm not sure Pellegrini is the man for a rescue job. 

A mess for sure. I see him as a guy the fans would take to who seems to want a brand of football they would like. 

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Why would that be do you think 

Probably because he had a lot more in terms of quality player personnel and greater budget.  However, i'm saying for a moment he wouldn't do a good job for West Ham.

36 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Even Mourinho would win the league at City.

Well maybe he would...nah wait forget I said anything.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, carmine said:

Probably because he had a lot more in terms of quality player personnel and greater budget.  However, i'm saying for a moment he wouldn't do a good job for West Ham.

I’m sure he wouldn’t even contemplate going there unless he is guaranteed a decent budget for new players. It’s a massive challenge, I’m surprised at his age it is one he would be really up for. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

I’m sure he wouldn’t even contemplate going there unless he is guaranteed a decent budget for new players. It’s a massive challenge, I’m surprised at his age it is one he would be really up for. 

He's getting a boatload of cash and a one way ticket out of China.

25 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I read this morning he's taking a massive pay cut to come. Interesting. 

Well, "massive" in quotes ! He won't be a regular visitor to the soup kitchen. ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hopefully we'll never get to find out

Oh no your gonna be part of the manager merry go round that is for sure. Only way is down for you like

Give it 5 years and allardyce will be in the frame 

Edited by Rc2702
City scum

Arteta being offered a new contract and remaining as Pep's no2 should i think be of great interest to City fans.  Arteta's only 36yo and to me looks a very interesting and progressive choice to be groomed to take over the reigns when Pep decides he's up for a managerial break again.  If Arteta is showing the promise that he is,  surely this would be a great opportunity to create a long term placement?  He'd know the club inside out, all backroom staff incumbent, it could turn a major decision into a seamless transition of management.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Arteta being offered a new contract and remaining as Pep's no2 should i think be of great interest to City fans.  Arteta's only 36yo and to me looks a very interesting and progressive choice to be groomed to take over the reigns when Pep decides he's up for a managerial break again.  If Arteta is showing the promise that he is,  surely this would be a great opportunity to create a long term placement?  He'd know the club inside out, all backroom staff incumbent, it could turn a major decision into a seamless transition of management.

I agree Carms. Don't know why the Arsenal job didn't go any further as Pep said he wouldn't stand in his way but I'm happy he's staying. The only caveat about the above is that once Pep leaves, the rest of his team/backroom staff who he brought in could leave also.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I agree Carms. Don't know why the Arsenal job didn't go any further as Pep said he wouldn't stand in his way but I'm happy he's staying. The only caveat about the above is that once Pep leaves, the rest of his team/backroom staff who he brought in could leave also.

It would have been an incredibly brave move by Arsenal and in the end i'm left with the feeling Gazidis thought it such a high risk he wanted Arteta too restricted in certain areas, such as transfers.  City are the winners here in keeping him.

Unai Emery is a decent, relatively safe appointment.

• Like 1