Manchester City

mrbojangles

"Walker is only in the England team due to a shortage of quality cntral defenders....he'd never beat Trippier to the wingback position. The poor quality crossing and decision making let him down."

You seem to forget Walker has been around the England squad since 2011 and cemented his place at righ back while at Spurs. He doesn't consider himself a centreback but a righback. He's in because his speed allows him to cover in a 3. It's very much a new trial him in a 3 which Southgate has come up with. At City he's a rightback we push foward overlapping or inside - so i have no doubt he could play wingback as well as Trippier. Until Walker wanted out of Spurs he was your first choice rightback, not ex-City player Trippier. He's fit straight in at City and been a big success - PFA Premier League team of the year at Right back says it all.

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Let's take a step back shall we. Your mate came on here - the City thread - making big statements which inferred Walker was world class. He needs to be a bit more careful with posts or people  will embarrass him.

You're just being a tit now BB. Walker is average at this level and we all know it....Trippier on the other hand has proven a handful and created decent chances both from open play and crosses.

Walker will never be able to do that.

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I think both Walker and Stones have surprised a lot of people including myself in this tournament. They are both by no means the finished article but are improving game by game. 

The  50 million ish City paid  for these may well look a snip in a couple of years time. 

Well Walker needs to get a move on to be the finished article, he is after all 28 Y/O ? ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You're just being a tit now BB. Walker is average at this level and we all know it....Trippier on the other hand has proven a handful and created decent chances both from open play and crosses.

Lets just say i played the exchange nicely...and your mate inferred walker is world  class which we know he ain't. Hilarious  ??

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You'll  be telling us next our Kieran is world class. The 'kieran trippier' team maybe 

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Walker is only in the England team due to a shortage of quality cntral defenders....he'd never beat Trippier to the wingback position. The poor quality crossing and decision making let him down."

You seem to forget Walker has been around the England squad since 2011 and cemented his place at righ back while at Spurs. He doesn't consider himself a centreback but a righback. He's in because his speed allows him to cover in a 3. It's very much a new trial him in a 3 which Southgate has come up with. At City he's a rightback we push foward overlapping or inside - so i have no doubt he could play wingback as well as Trippier. Until Walker wanted out of Spurs he was your first choice rightback, not ex-City player Trippier. He's fit straight in at City and been a big success - PFA Premier League team of the year at Right back says it all.

Telling untruths again i see.  To correct you yet again, he was not first choice right back when he asked to leave.  

At least make an effort to tell the truth.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You'll  be telling us next our Kieran is world class. The 'kieran trippier' team maybe 

Well only two other players in the tournament have created more chances.  And he has been the best right back of the tournament thus far.   

Rather than telling fibs about him perhaps you'd be better doing some homework.  Just a thought.  You don't seem remotely interested in the way it is, merely the way you want it to be.

Edited by carmine

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And another day dawns and another day of Spurs fans being obsessed with City.

It will be dark soon in Pattaya. What time do you get up? City players last night:

KDB. Brilliant first half, tired in second.

Kompany. Man on a mission.

Jesus. A bit unlucky to come off. Has worked his socks off in this WC.

Fernandhinho. A stinker, by his standards. I fear he may be made a scapegoat in Brazil.

The 2 Reds didn't do so badly either.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well only two other players in the tournament have created more chances.  And he has been the best right back of the tournament thus far.   

Rather than telling fibs about him perhaps you'd be better doing some homework.  Just a thought.  You don't seem remotely interested in the way it is, merely the way you want it to be.

I'd  say that the French right back Benjamin Pavard has been the best right back I've  seen at the world cup.

Trippier has been a right wing back hence he's  further forward than a right back and has cover behind him (Walker) unlike a rihht back so he's  able to push on but i agree our Kieran has had a good wprld cup (as has our John Stones). Players that haven't  turned up...Alli.

Walker world  class...going to remind you of that a few times in the coming season :clap2:

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

KdB never played for Spurs, so there's no reason to show your lack of tolerance for a player who had the ghaul to leave you

We've told you often enough that we're happy Walker is playing for you.

Consider this post your annual thank you note! :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, champers said:

It will be dark soon in Pattaya. What time do you get up? City players last night:

KDB. Brilliant first half, tired in second.

Kompany. Man on a mission.

Jesus. A bit unlucky to come off. Has worked his socks off in this WC.

Fernandhinho. A stinker, by his standards. I fear he may be made a scapegoat in Brazil.

The 2 Reds didn't do so badly either.

Can't disagree much with that summation champers. 

KdB did tire a tad in the second half and he played a lot more forward than in the other games. Still, every time he got the ball he looked dangerous with his clinical passing.

Feel sorry for Fernandinho. He is even getting stick for wearing the number 17 shirt cos of Brazils 1-7 loss. I mean c'mon. The OG was just unlucky but he''ll get the wrath.

Jesus did work hard all comp but had very few pay days. Excellent goal keeping last night denied Brazil.

Kompany is just Kompany. Forever the professional. 

My Mrs and Daughter are now just outside Patters but I'm still in Saudi

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

And Walker is happy he's picking up medals at last. He fits in just right with us.

Consider this also as a thank you

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

And we've told you spurs fans we're  very happy Walker is playing for us.

You must have noticed he fits in very well in to our system. Two trophies and in the PFA team shows how well he's  done for us.

Get over it. Enjoy the fee you got for a player you NOW rate less than Trippier. Move on. You're  all sounding very bitter . It's  embarrassing .

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Any exchange you have with anyone who disagrees with you inevitably ends with you name calling. It's not the school playground anymore.

You'll still be getting a regular verbal slapping laddie! :clap2:

When Walker makes his usual gaff and robs you of a place in the CL quarter finals we'll be here BB....oh yes!

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You'll still be getting a regular verbal slapping laddie! :clap2:

When Walker makes his usual gaff and robs you of a place in the CL quarter finals we'll be here BB....oh yes!

It's never happened yet ?

Not disputing Walker has a gaff in him - he does (one in the last England game) - but he's  been very impressive for us and he'll be around our team/squad for a few years to come. Any more comments on your favourite subject, Walker?

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Any exchange you have with anyone who disagrees with you inevitably ends with you name calling. It's not the school playground anymore.

What are you banging on about, you've just admitted you are trolling!!!  Always try to stir things up and now accusing others of name calling because they are sick and tired of your persistent trolling.  People in glass houses 'an all that.

Why don't you pull your neck in and focus on the football like the rest of us?  Have a day off, you're not clever, rather a bore.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

What are you banging on about, you've just admitted you are trolling!!!  Always try to stir things up and now accusing others of name calling because they are sick and tired of your persistent trolling.  People in glass houses 'an all that.

Why don't you pull your neck in and focus on the football like the rest of us?  Have a day off, you're not clever, rather a bore.

Go on then I'll  bite.

So point out to me where i am accussed of trolling as i don't believe i did; disagree with you or point out where you are wrong i probably did. 

There's  no rush, I'll  be out till early evening  but do stump up.

And let's  see over the coming months shall we how often you disagree  with someone and resort to namecalling. Try keeping cool and debating.

55 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Go on then I'll  bite.

So point out to me where i am accussed of trolling as i don't believe i did; disagree with you or point out where you are wrong i probably did. 

There's  no rush, I'll  be out till early evening  but do stump up.

And let's  see over the coming months shall we how often you disagree  with someone and resort to namecalling. Try keeping cool and debating.

You're really full of it with the world class nonsense when its been reiterated time and again both on here and the Spurs thread our views on Walker.

Enjoy your day out and I hope you don't get back till the sun has gone down! :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Looks like Napoli are going to hold out for 50m+ for Jorginho.  

Now that i've got my head round the question as to why Pep isn't satisfied with his world class midfield i thought, you know what, its only another 50mil......what the hell, might as well buy him!!?

Edited by carmine

On 7/8/2018 at 11:11 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

You're really full of it with the world class nonsense when its been reiterated time and again both on here and the Spurs thread our views on Walker.

Enjoy your day out and I hope you don't get back till the sun has gone down! :biggrin:

That soon!!  ?

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Looks like Napoli are going to hold out for 50m+ for Jorginho.  

Now that i've got my head round the question as to why Pep isn't satisfied with his world class midfield i thought, you know what, its only another 50mil......what the hell, might as well buy him!!?

Really Carms, you've come on here to post that. You need to see a head shrink about your city obsession 

• Like 1